Would you buy it?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2004, 07:21 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Would you buy it?

My cousin has a 1988 Mazda B2200 with hydraulics (one pump) that he is wanting to sell because his second child will be born sometime in January. He is trying to sell some things he really does not need to have more money for the baby. So he approached me over Christmas and asked if I wanted it becuase I had talked about someday buying it from him. He said I could have it for $1000.

The truck runs good, but needs a paint job. He said the hydraulics are working fine with no problems and the engine and clutch are also preforming very well. In addition to the paint I would probably need to re-do the interior to get the truck in the condition that I want.

My main question: is one pump enough? He says that since all I really want to do is go up and down it is more than adequate. He also says I should not have any problems with it driving it to work every day.

I think he is telling me all of this because he really wants me to buy it. Anyone have any input or suggestions?
Old 12-27-2004, 07:25 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Talk to 4pumpedcl. I belive he is the resident expert on hydraulics.

Sounds like its gonna cost more money then its worth though.
Old 12-30-2004, 11:17 AM
Learn to swim

For just up & down, yes one pump is enough. If want to hop you need more.
BTW.. Marzacchi pumps are the best.
Old 12-30-2004, 01:34 PM
Lots of JDM parts on my

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Justin.CL
My cousin has a 1988 Mazda B2200 with hydraulics (one pump) that he is wanting to sell because his second child will be born sometime in January. He is trying to sell some things he really does not need to have more money for the baby. So he approached me over Christmas and asked if I wanted it becuase I had talked about someday buying it from him. He said I could have it for $1000.

The truck runs good, but needs a paint job. He said the hydraulics are working fine with no problems and the engine and clutch are also preforming very well. In addition to the paint I would probably need to re-do the interior to get the truck in the condition that I want.

My main question: is one pump enough? He says that since all I really want to do is go up and down it is more than adequate. He also says I should not have any problems with it driving it to work every day.

I think he is telling me all of this because he really wants me to buy it. Anyone have any input or suggestions?
One pump is okay for just up and down. How many dumps does he have for that one pump? In a pickup, I would run at least 2 pumps / 4 dumps. 8 dumps if you want control of all corners. (8 dumps too on a single pump) Batteries also play a part. I've seen compacts with one pump that move good w/ 4 batteries. I'm not sure about the front, but i've seen the shocks relocated in the rear. So, the ride shouldn't be too terrible. If you can set something up on the front, you should be cool. Another option is to run some accumulators. 4 pumped has those. Basically runs inline with the hoses and lets fluid go back and forth. Like a shock almost.
Old 12-30-2004, 02:34 PM
COME AT ME BRO!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
yea one pump is fine if you want back and front and besides you need like 3 batteries per pump so the question of room comes into play. i almost bought a 64 impalla with 2 pumps for 2500 6 years ago. i wish today i had done it. for 1k you cant really beat it. i love low riders if there done with class and style. i would say screw it and buy it if was you
Old 01-23-2005, 10:24 AM
Honkey

One pump is fine. I used to have one pump with 8dumps and 2 batteries in my old Accord. That car is still cruising around today with no problems. If he has good cylinders in there you can essentially just set the truck at a height you want and never mess with it. Chances of anything going wrong are minimal that way. Hydraulics can be awesome, or your worst enemy....it all has to do with that brand you go with and how well they're installed. I'm going to guess this truck has 2 dumps which works fine, the only problem is if there's no way to level the truck if it lifts crooked since you can't drop sides or individual corners. Anyhow, if you're still interested and have any questions you can pm me. I'll help you out.