Wife's RDX up soon...[Update]Got her a new car!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 10:25 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 740 Likes on 309 Posts
Originally Posted by CLtotheTL32
Give up the RDX, wifey can take the Cooper, and you get the Elise
She hates my car. Too stiff for her, and she refuses to learn how to drive a 6 speed.

Funny you mentioned that, she just came home and was surprised that I had her in mind for breakfast, as I have everything prepared to make her what she wants. She said she's not used to me thinking about her, then said "wait, what did you do?", I said "yet"...Then I said "can I get a Lotus?" (for the thousandth time), then she said she knew there was a catch, and that she has to get her car first, then I threw in the fact that the only reason why I want a Lotus is because a customer of mine is getting a car from me and has a Lotus to trade, that I may want to keep it for the summer at least to get it out of my system....She went with the story, so she has been officially prepped if I do pull the trigger. Only thing i'm waiting for is my bank to get back to me on financing. Problem is, every day I keep getting overwhelmed with work related expenses that is taking up a good amount of my cash I was going to use to buy the Lotus with before financing it. I have about $120k in cars I am taking in on trade and/or have to pay off in the next week or two, and cash is limited, I am not using a line of credit, it's all my (very limited) money. Every day I keep saying to myself, "do it", then 'maybe it isn't such a good idea".

Last edited by Shoofin; 05-15-2011 at 10:28 AM.
Old 05-15-2011, 10:25 AM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thath cadillac is bad ass
Old 05-15-2011, 10:27 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by pttl
Kia Sorento SX V6 Korean...Lots of features.

Interior of the car is made of recycled materials. Might seem like a good thing, right? Wrong. The "natural" scent of the recycled materials gives off a scent of onions. I rented two Kia's in the last year, both of them reeked of onions. The Sorento is nice, but that scent is :thumbsdow

If you don't believe me, do a Google search and you'll see a lot of talk about this factory smell...
Old 05-15-2011, 10:33 AM
My first Avatar....

Received 6,014 Likes on 3,862 Posts
Originally Posted by Shoofin
Interior of the car is made of recycled materials. Might seem like a good thing, right? Wrong. The "natural" scent of the recycled materials gives off a scent of onions. I rented two Kia's in the last year, both of them reeked of onions. The Sorento is nice, but that scent is :thumbsdow

If you don't believe me, do a Google search and you'll see a lot of talk about this factory smell...

Good for a cheesesteak, but not so much for that "new car smell". oofff.
Old 05-15-2011, 10:33 AM
MechEng

Received 483 Likes on 400 Posts
i know you/she might have already said no to it but i absolutely LOVE my Forester.

a fully loaded XT Premium should have the features you are looking for minus the power tailgate.

might not be as luxurious as the other options but definitely has the build quality (and panoramic sun roof!)

edit: plus it smells great!
Old 05-15-2011, 10:35 AM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
How much more are the CRV's these days ? I see ads all over the place and the residuals are still very high (around 60%). I recall seeing one Honda ad with a payment of under 300 dollars a month with no money down....but I do not remember which CRV model.

It's nice to have a frugal wife... No ?
Old 05-15-2011, 10:41 AM
Off roading in his

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Kia Sportage? Nissan Murano?

If not those 2, then I would go with the GLK, and this is coming from person who is far from the biggest fan of Mercedes
Old 05-15-2011, 10:44 AM
Senior Moderator

Breakfast for her - Don't know why the camera on my phone has been so fuzzy lately

Old 05-15-2011, 10:47 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by dannyboy10
How much more are the CRV's these days ? I see ads all over the place and the residuals are still very high (around 60%). I recall seeing one Honda ad with a payment of under 300 dollars a month with no money down....but I do not remember which CRV model.

It's nice to have a frugal wife... No ?
It isn't necessarily the program, it's the dealer pricing. On average, any Japan make that I work with, the dealers want on average $1,500 to $2,500 more for certain cars. That's what is pushing the prices up. After May 2nd, Toyota pulled their special programs on all their models except for the Camry. When you would have been able to lease a Camry LE for low 200's last month, with the new program it's now over $300/month. Toyota did wake up and bring back the programs late last week on a few other models, but the programs aren't nearly as good as they were pre-Japan catastrophe.
Old 05-15-2011, 10:47 AM

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts
That's what I've been doing. Of all the cars I've mentioned we have it narrowed down to the ML and Caddy. She doesn't "love" either of the two but is willing to take a look at them. Either way, I want to have some sort of like to what I get her too. Even though I might drive her car once a month or so, It would be nice to enjoy driving it too.
I think you're doing it backwards. She's the one driving it 29/30 days, she needs to like it the most and if you don't care for it... it's not as big of a deal.... the same way you said she hates your car. Did that deter you enough not to buy it? Exactly. You should give her the same courtesy.

You're already limited by budget -- you're making it EVEN HARDER by taking away some doable options just because *you* aren't as fond of it as you could be. Again, what if *she* likes it though? In the end, she'll be driving it, so really you're the one who needs to settle moreso than she does.

I still say, don't discount ANYTHING that's in your budget....give her ALL of the options and let HER decide. I'd rather have 4 or 5 choices than only have to pick between 2 I "kind of like" just because you weren't willing to budge and let me try them out for myself.
Old 05-15-2011, 10:51 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Street Spirit
the same way you said she hates your car. Did that deter you enough not to buy it? Exactly. You should give her the same courtesy.
She also hates it because it isn't an automatic. Bottom line is, I'm the car guy, she knows nothing about it. She wants my feedback too
Old 05-15-2011, 10:54 AM

Give her your feedback after she's test driven everything she wants to in her price range. If she likes abc and xyz, then talk to her about the benefits/downfalls of each and let her go from there, but not presenting her with the option in the first place is not giving her all of the choices - and I think that's a d*ck move when you're not the one driving it 29 days out of the month. And you'd be an ass if you got the Lotus for yourself but didn't let her get an Edge (for example) just because you didn't like it as much as she did.

/running in circles
Old 05-15-2011, 12:19 PM
Safety Car

Received 111 Likes on 79 Posts
you know car leases more than just about all of us...and you know your wife more than just about all of us (hopefully! j/k)...not sure how to give you advice...

a fully loaded Tiguan could be had for 400 and change (36 mo/10k, 0 down). but thats a bit of a downgrade from an RDX.

to be honest, i think the RDX fits the bill the best. a small luxury cuv thats not tremendously overpriced. no other brand offers a solid small luxuy cuv at that price point.

but most importantly, i agree that a downgrade to a loaded cr-v, etc. is NOT worth the $50-100/mo savings if it could jeopardize your image in the business. your customers are not going to step inside the car to know its loaded. from the outside, you dont want to be seen as a wheeler and a dealer in the car business that couldnt find himself a better deal than a cr-v. if i were you i would either try to swing an SRX (seems like the best bet), or lease a new RDX.

Last edited by ThermonMermon; 05-15-2011 at 12:22 PM.
Old 05-15-2011, 01:29 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by ThermonMermon
a fully loaded Tiguan could be had for 400 and change (36 mo/10k, 0 down). but thats a bit of a downgrade from an RDX.

to be honest, i think the RDX fits the bill the best. a small luxury cuv thats not tremendously overpriced. no other brand offers a solid small luxuy cuv at that price point.
A loaded SE with Nav/Roof is a lot cheaper, more in line to the numbers you suggest. If I get the Tiggy I would get the SEL, which has a bunch of other stuff that the SE doesn't have (Keyless ignition, Xenon Lights, Bigger Wheels, Memory Seats <--very important, rear view camera) to name a few...If i'm going to downgrade to a Tiguan I would want the same options I have now at least.

To get into another RDX today I would spend about $100 more than what I'm paying now. I can't justify it paying more for the same car. Also, I think I'm ready to get into a vehicle that when you push on the gas it responds right away..

Last edited by Shoofin; 05-15-2011 at 01:35 PM.
Old 05-15-2011, 01:46 PM
Safety Car

nice!

i was drawn to the tiggy b/c of the panoramic offering. its actually where i began my car search. the pano/nav/wheel package is an absolute steal. the SE w/ this package was $389/mo, only tax and title upfront. but this pricing was in mid-December. i was set on this until i found a leftover 2010 rwd IS250 for less. (no one wanted the non-awd variant in ny), so i instantly pulled the trigger on the 250 and racked up about 10 calls from the VW dealership.

sounds like you have everything in order with the SEL. it meets all of your criteria. also, black seems like the best color choice since it conceals the plastic bumpers.

how much for the fully loaded SEL? i have to imagine that its in the mid to high 4s.

Last edited by ThermonMermon; 05-15-2011 at 01:50 PM.
Old 05-15-2011, 01:47 PM
Senior Moderator

Give her your feedback after she's test driven everything she wants to in her price range. If she likes abc and xyz, then talk to her about the benefits/downfalls of each and let her go from there, but not presenting her with the option in the first place is not giving her all of the choices - and I think that's a d*ck move when you're not the one driving it 29 days out of the month. And you'd be an ass if you got the Lotus for yourself but didn't let her get an Edge (for example) just because you didn't like it as much as she did.

/running in circles
Do you ever have anything good to say to me other than insulting me?

As for the Edge, I happen to like it a lot, but she doesn't like the way it looks and the one time she drove it she didn't like it either. Am I still an ass because I listened to her feedback and decided not to look into it because she didn't like it?

At the end of the day, I am paying the bills, and my wife will drive what I think is our best option. She definitely has a say in the matter and will test drive anything before she decides. She listens to me because I am the expert in the house.

She knows how much the MB brand isn't my cup-o-tea (and I've never liked the way it looked from the day it came out), but I still want to give her the opportunity to drive it to see if she likes it. If she wants it, she'll get it. And that's why we're going to the dealer at 3:15pm TODAY to drive it. Even though she knows I don't particularly care for it. I'm only considering it because it's in our price range, and if she likes the car and the price, that's a good option for us, even though I'm not a fan of it.

OK? And I thought the only person I had to satisfy was my wife
Old 05-15-2011, 02:11 PM
Pro

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
If you want another RDX, will you consider waiting a little (~6 months) for the new FMC to arrive. I am pretty sure the 2012 model will NOT be a turbocharged K series. It will likely be powered by the new V6 family or a new turbocharged inline four from a new engine family. Hybrid offering is a possibility.

Either a new V6 or new turbo four will have a huge improvement in throttle response. The K series initially was not designed to be turbocharged. That' why a low 8.8 CR plus it's heavy weight gives it such poor off the line performance. I'm willing to bet the new RDX will offer a power liftgate, and possibility a pan roof too.

In the mean time, you can give your wife a decent car from your inventory to drive. It would kinda suck to stretch your budget just because of a unfavorable Japan production issue and related high prices, or settle for something you or your wife will not like to drive for the next 3 years.

By the time the next RDX hits dealers, the Japan condition should improve.
Old 05-15-2011, 02:25 PM
Safety Car

^^ OP mentioned that he cant justify paying the 20% lease hike. i doubt waiting for a new model would make matters any better.
Old 05-15-2011, 02:38 PM
Pro

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
The lease hike is due to the production issues associated with the Japanese earthquake + tsunami situation. Parts suppliers and production is recovering day-by-day. By the time the next RDX launches, the situation will be improved substantially.

A new model, especially Acura is quite different than other automakers. Now I don't know what is offered on the next RDX, and what the grille will look like. Besides, the RDX has never been a major seller for Acura and it has a narrow audience. In Canada, the new 4G TL had $4000 cash incentives 3-4 months after launch, and the ZDX had $12000 cash incentive in three months after launch, with lease offers to match. The TSX starts at 31,900 and had a $7500 cash incentive for 2010 models when the 2011 models arrive...that is a HUGE discount. That said, I am in the Canadian market and the US market may differ. But I won't be surprised to see awesome deals shortly after launch.

Last edited by loulinjai; 05-15-2011 at 02:41 PM.
Old 05-15-2011, 03:49 PM
My first Avatar....

Received 6,014 Likes on 3,862 Posts
What about the Chevy Equinox or GMC Terrain? Those are pretty freakin' nice depending on the model.

Also Ford escape.
Old 05-15-2011, 03:54 PM
I'm Craig

Received 299 Likes on 207 Posts
I've raved about it plenty on here before- the GLK is an awesome car. I too am not the biggest fan of the looks of it (rather boxy and girly looking) but wow does it drive nice. Reviews of the car seem to agree. The shifts are seemless and there's plenty of power. The interior is bank-vault tight. I'd encourage getting the lighting package for Xenon headlights as the stock halogen ones are the sux.

What did you and your wife think?
Old 05-15-2011, 04:23 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by pttl
What about the Chevy Equinox or GMC Terrain? Those are pretty freakin' nice depending on the model.

Also Ford escape.
I checked both. I can't justify paying as much as they want for it. It's close to $500/month

Ford Escape, meh.
Old 05-15-2011, 04:47 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by cjTL
I've raved about it plenty on here before- the GLK is an awesome car. I too am not the biggest fan of the looks of it (rather boxy and girly looking) but wow does it drive nice. Reviews of the car seem to agree. The shifts are seemless and there's plenty of power. The interior is bank-vault tight. I'd encourage getting the lighting package for Xenon headlights as the stock halogen ones are the sux.

What did you and your wife think?
Initially in optioning it out, I wanted the Lighting package but was having a hard time finding one in a color combination my wife would like. She HATES black interior.

BUT

I went to the local dealer I do a lot of business with to show my wife the car and let her drive it. They happen to like me a lot in this place. My rep told me they just got in an executive demo from MBUSA. It's not the color that my wife prefers, and this thing is loaded to the balls. With all the discounts that he is applying because it's a demo, and the pricing that he is discounting because it's me, and I have a $1,000 "customer appreciation" coupon I got from the NY Auto show (I got this purposely when I went to the show because I knew that MB was a consideration as a backup plan). A 24 month lease works out around $420 per month for me + tax, total out of pocket including all the inception fees (no cap cost reduction/cash down to lower the payments) is about $2,500 - this price can not be duplicated for anyone else, so don't even try

2011 GLK350 4Matic - under 3000 miles on the demo (car wasn't there yet, we'll see it this week)

Iridium Silver Exterior
Black Leather (not Tex)

Options:
Premium 1 Package
-Power Liftgate
-Sirius Satellite Radio
-Panorama Sunroof
-Rain Sensing Wipers
-Power Driver's Seat & Steering Column with Memory
-Auto Dimming Mirrors
-Rear View Mirror with Integrated Compass
-Garage Door Opener
-115V AC Power Outlet
-Power Lumbar Support

Parktronic

Full Leather Seating Package
-Burl Walnut Wood Trim
-Full Leather Seating
-Premium Interior Lighting

Multimedia Package
-iPod/MP3 Media Interface w/ Cable
-COMAND with Hard-Drive Navigation
-Voice Recognition
-Rear View Camera

AMG Styling Package
-AMG Twin Spoke design 20" Wheel
-AMG Sportline
-Aluminum Roof Rails
-AMG Exterior Sport Appearance Package
-LED Daytime Running Lights

Rear Seat Entertainment - Worthless to me, I don't have kids

Heated Front Seats

MSRP $52,565

Took one for a ride, wife liked it. She isn't fond of the interior, she really didn't want black interior, but this is a "stoopid" deal and she'll deal with the black interior she said. I would have wanted the lighting package, but i'll deal w/o it..

For comparison I priced out a cheaper car that was out there with a $49k sticker and without the extra rebate that this car has, it priced out $70 more per month. So she's pretty much sold on this car because it's such a ridiculous price.

BUT

I'm going to speak to my Caddy dealer tomorrow to firm up some special numbers for me. But I think the GLK will most likely be the next vehicle for us. Whether I like it or not.

We'll most likely take delivery by the end of May, as we still have another month with her car, so she'll be giving up her RDX a half month early. I'll most likely buy it, take it to the auction and make a little money on it because her car has low miles and anything Honda/Acura in an SUV or Minivan at the auction is pretty much gold.

Unless someone here wants a 2008 RDX Tech in Polished Metal/Taupe with 21k miles on it!

Last edited by Shoofin; 05-15-2011 at 04:54 PM.
Old 05-15-2011, 04:48 PM
Administrator Alumnus

Received 131 Likes on 82 Posts
Eddie, you've already done an X3, right?
Old 05-15-2011, 04:57 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Scrib
Eddie, you've already done an X3, right?
Yes, before the RDX. I really wanted to get one this time around, I really like the X3, but it's ridonculously expensive, a good $640+ the way I want it. Not happening this time around.
Old 05-15-2011, 05:47 PM

Do you ever have anything good to say to me other than insulting me?
Yep --- I do think the oil-burning menorah you have is very cool!

A lot of the threads and posts that mention your wife are always made out to be like you find it a chore to please her and try to make her happy or feel special. You always sound like you're selling her short. The fact that she was surprised and knew something was behind you doing something simple like making breakfast shows that too. If you don't want people's opinions, don't post it on a public forum...you know that.

As for the Edge, I happen to like it a lot, but she doesn't like the way it looks and the one time she drove it she didn't like it either. Am I still an ass because I listened to her feedback and decided not to look into it because she didn't like it?
Nope, not an ass because she doesn't like it.

At the end of the day, I am paying the bills, and my wife will drive what I think is our best option.

This is why you sound like an ass. You couldn't have summed it up any easier in all of my posts above. But again, sounding like an ass and being one could be two different things...

OK? And I thought the only person I had to satisfy was my wife
Don't fool yourself into believing any decision you make affects me or my life, and vice versa. You truly don't owe me any justification in any matter in your life at all.... I'm just someone on a message board.

And for what it's worth, I hope she finds something she's content with and that you're alright with too.

Last edited by Street Spirit; 05-15-2011 at 05:50 PM.
Old 05-15-2011, 05:54 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
X1
Old 05-15-2011, 06:10 PM
Currently Post-Acura

Received 125 Likes on 88 Posts
Originally Posted by Shift_Acura
X1
That's delayed to come to the US market until 2012.

Land Rover LR2?
Old 05-15-2011, 06:58 PM
Senior Moderator

The fact that she was surprised and knew something was behind you doing something simple like making breakfast shows that too.
The fact is, I don't cook. That's why she was surprised. I don't cook not because i'm ignorant, I don't cook because I don't cook. If your S/O did something for you that you know they never do, wouldn't that surprise you too? But you think i'm selling her short and not giving her any attention, because you're second guessing and don't know the facts. If I didn't do enough to make her happy or please her, I wouldn't still be married after almost 9 years. You don't know anything about me, my wife, or our life. Don't jump to call me names because you don't know who I am.
If you don't want people's opinions, don't post it on a public forum...you know that.
Oh, I know what to expect. But when I'm asking for an opinion about a car and you're personally attacking me, where do the two go together?

Nope, not an ass because she doesn't like it.
So you didn't know the facts, I was an ass, and now you do, so now I'm not an ass?

This is why you sound like an ass. You couldn't have summed it up any easier in all of my posts above. But again, sounding like an ass and being one could be two different things...
She doesn't pay the bills because she doesn't think it's her job. Just like cooking. She cooks, I pay the bills. She cleans the house, I clean and maintain the cars. Simple enough? Another tidbit you didn't know about me.

Don't fool yourself into believing any decision you make affects me or my life, and vice versa. You truly don't owe me any justification in any matter in your life at all.... I'm just someone on a message board.
I agree. And that's why you have no place to bash me personally when i'm on a car forum talking about cars.
And for what it's worth, I hope she finds something she's content with and that you're alright with too.
If she's happy, I'm happy.

All i'm trying to tell you is you don't know me to judge me. So all I ask is to please stop judging me. This isn't the first time you did it to me, and all I ask is to stop veering off course to the subject. Want to talk about cars? I'm all ears, but if you want to personally attack, take it somewhere else please.

Last edited by Shoofin; 05-15-2011 at 07:23 PM.
Old 05-15-2011, 07:04 PM
I'm Craig

Congrats on likely getting the GLK. She'll love it...and it'll probably grow on you. Sounds like the car is pretty well loaded. The AMG sport package makes the car look a bit more aggressive. Excellent deal too.
Old 05-15-2011, 07:31 PM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Why is a Moderator (Street Spirit) going at it with another Moderator (Shoofin) ??
Old 05-15-2011, 07:57 PM
I'm Craig

^They're humans.
Old 05-15-2011, 11:47 PM
_

Received 3,097 Likes on 1,867 Posts
You realize you've practically gone through almost every SUV/Crossover and none seem to fit what you're/she's looking for?

Might as well just keep the RDX, I say. Then in a year or so, see what the market conditions are like then.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:31 AM
Welcome to Olliewood

Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts
Or be a little less picky I suppose. Ruling out the ML just because it doesn't have a floor shifter? Comeonn.
Old 05-16-2011, 01:21 AM
The Third Ball

Received 4,847 Likes on 2,586 Posts
Street Spirit...always giving her two cents with lots of judgement thrown in to the mix. She is the nosy neighbor that thinks she knows better than everyone else.

Personally, I think she has been posting her overly judgemental opinions to people a liitle too much lately.

As far as SUVs go. I really like the SRX. Drove one last year and was really impressed. I would own one.

I would also suggest a jeep grand cherokee but I'm guessing the leases on them are rather high.

Also...mini countryman? Much smaller yes. But still rides higher than a car...and they are pretty awesome.
Old 05-16-2011, 06:41 AM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

Received 3,747 Likes on 2,534 Posts
Fully loaded Toyota Highlander

Old 05-16-2011, 08:55 AM
Fahrvergnügen'd

Received 1,568 Likes on 985 Posts
I thought I had posted in here before ... Did you not like the Edge?

I rode in an Edge limited, and while the materials aren't up to the quality ze Germans (more like Honda) the car rode really well and was quite nice.

And the MyFord Touch ...
Old 05-16-2011, 08:59 AM
Safety Car

Initially in optioning it out, I wanted the Lighting package but was having a hard time finding one in a color combination my wife would like. She HATES black interior.

BUT

I went to the local dealer I do a lot of business with to show my wife the car and let her drive it. They happen to like me a lot in this place. My rep told me they just got in an executive demo from MBUSA. It's not the color that my wife prefers, and this thing is loaded to the balls. With all the discounts that he is applying because it's a demo, and the pricing that he is discounting because it's me, and I have a $1,000 "customer appreciation" coupon I got from the NY Auto show (I got this purposely when I went to the show because I knew that MB was a consideration as a backup plan). A 24 month lease works out around $420 per month for me + tax, total out of pocket including all the inception fees (no cap cost reduction/cash down to lower the payments) is about $2,500 - this price can not be duplicated for anyone else, so don't even try

2011 GLK350 4Matic - under 3000 miles on the demo (car wasn't there yet, we'll see it this week)

Iridium Silver Exterior
Black Leather (not Tex)

Options:
Premium 1 Package
-Power Liftgate
-Sirius Satellite Radio
-Panorama Sunroof
-Rain Sensing Wipers
-Power Driver's Seat & Steering Column with Memory
-Auto Dimming Mirrors
-Rear View Mirror with Integrated Compass
-Garage Door Opener
-115V AC Power Outlet
-Power Lumbar Support

Parktronic

Full Leather Seating Package
-Burl Walnut Wood Trim
-Full Leather Seating
-Premium Interior Lighting

Multimedia Package
-iPod/MP3 Media Interface w/ Cable
-COMAND with Hard-Drive Navigation
-Voice Recognition
-Rear View Camera

AMG Styling Package
-AMG Twin Spoke design 20" Wheel
-AMG Sportline
-Aluminum Roof Rails
-AMG Exterior Sport Appearance Package
-LED Daytime Running Lights

Rear Seat Entertainment - Worthless to me, I don't have kids

Heated Front Seats

MSRP $52,565

Took one for a ride, wife liked it. She isn't fond of the interior, she really didn't want black interior, but this is a "stoopid" deal and she'll deal with the black interior she said. I would have wanted the lighting package, but i'll deal w/o it..

For comparison I priced out a cheaper car that was out there with a $49k sticker and without the extra rebate that this car has, it priced out $70 more per month. So she's pretty much sold on this car because it's such a ridiculous price.

BUT

I'm going to speak to my Caddy dealer tomorrow to firm up some special numbers for me. But I think the GLK will most likely be the next vehicle for us. Whether I like it or not.

We'll most likely take delivery by the end of May, as we still have another month with her car, so she'll be giving up her RDX a half month early. I'll most likely buy it, take it to the auction and make a little money on it because her car has low miles and anything Honda/Acura in an SUV or Minivan at the auction is pretty much gold.

Unless someone here wants a 2008 RDX Tech in Polished Metal/Taupe with 21k miles on it!

sounds like one hell of a deal, even though you are getting more than what you want. the MRSP on that is like 20k more than your competitive set!

BTW, who the HELL is paying $53k for a MLK?
Old 05-16-2011, 10:12 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by HBaJ
Or be a little less picky I suppose. Ruling out the ML just because it doesn't have a floor shifter? Comeonn.
That's the only thing she won't settle on. She's helped me in the past in delivering some cars with me, and every time she had to get into and drive a MB that had the column shifter, She would always express to me how much she hates it.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:12 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by AZuser
You realize you've practically gone through almost every SUV/Crossover and none seem to fit what you're/she's looking for?
Yes! That's why I was in such a predicament! It really shouldn't be this difficult!

Quick Reply: Wife's RDX up soon...[Update]Got her a new car!