Where are Acura's new/future cars

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 04:27 PM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where are Acura's new/future cars

Okay fellow Acura fans - where the "bleep" are Acura's new and upcoming vehicles? The only thing they got on the website is the TSX wagon, which albeit new to Acura, the concept is NOT new and it doesn't appear that they took the common wagon concept and made it unique - ugh!

If there are links or articles out that, let me know, as I have not found anything but "talks" with the RL either going away completely, or getting a complete make over with V8 and RWD options.

Has Acura fallen off of the earth in terms of new designs and making products people want? When the RDX came out, I thought that car was the begining of something new with Acura (and I bought it right away!)....then came the ZDX which is so AWESOME in uniqueness, design, yet again, only one engine option, however, the ZDX makes the TL and RL almost look out of place in the Acura line up with a lost identity for those two models.

For me, being a honda/acura junkie, I think the Accord (2011) is almost the same type of car now than what Acura offers and the instrument panels are actually more appealing. Aside from that, Acura's TSX is definitely a keeper and the ZDX is as well. The RDX is funnest car Acura has produced in years to drive, yet there is a gap in other products they offer.

They don't offer any coupes - why not a TSX coupe with a 4cyl turbo in it? Now that would be fun!

The TL is too big now - and places the RL in an odd market place.

Any thougths folks on where Acura should take their direction of new products?
Old 09-12-2010, 05:08 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
Gonna close this since we have a good Acura discussion already going on in Car Talk... plus it's a topic that has been beaten to death and we definitely don't need two going on. In fact, that thread was right above yours when I clicked on yours. Feel free to jump into the conversation here: https://acurazine.com/forums/car-talk-5/acura-needs-makeover-791044/

You can also hop into our Automotive News forum to discuss some upcoming Acura's in the already existing conversations happening there as well: https://acurazine.com/forums/automotive-news-6/

Thanks