What a shame!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 05:54 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by SiGGy
ya I travel to NJ every month for a week. NJ people drive like idiots and 70% of the cars I see on the road are fucked up in one way or another. And I'm also aware some insurance companies will not insure people out here because of the asshat drivers.

Adding comprehensive can't be that much more. Or he should drop to a car he can afford full coverage on. The real problem here is he wants something he can't obviously afford. Read my last two paragraghs above.

I flew into Newark this week, I'm out in Bedminster now...
I agree with what you said about affording the car, I was just commenting on the statement about insurance. Insurance is not cheap in NY/NJ metro area.
Old 09-27-2006, 06:05 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
ya I travel to NJ every month for a week. NJ people drive like idiots and 70% of the cars I see on the road are fucked up in one way or another. And I'm also aware some insurance companies will not insure people out here because of the asshat drivers.

Adding comprehensive can't be that much more. Or he should drop to a car he can afford full coverage on. The real problem here is he wants something he can't obviously afford. Read my last two paragraghs above.

I flew into Newark this week, I'm out in Bedminster now... leaving here in a bit to get food in Jersey City.
You're in my neck of the woods . I live in Somerset County. Everything's expensive here, including car insurance. Not too much car theft around here, but if my car was stolen, I'd bet that it was taken to Newark. That place is a black hole for cars and tax dollars.
Old 09-27-2006, 07:55 PM
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
cool siggy. where in jersey city did you eat? haha

yes nj drivers are nuts, there are too many drivers, and the roads are garbage. soof course insurance is insane..

although i only drove for about 3 years, my insurance is about 2400 a year. i drive a 99TL. i have full coverage, ilive on my own, and pay everything straight. oh, no accidents that were my fault, one speeding ticket which i went to court and lowered my points.. so my rate is pretty nice.
Old 09-27-2006, 08:33 PM
Glacier Frost Mica CL-S

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by phipark
The point is if you can't afford the cost associated with the vehicle, then you can't afford the vehicle.

However, I will say that your insurance payment is insane. Must be because of the area.

well it probbly is cuz of the area but the thing which makes my insurance really high is cuz i have more than 10 speding tickets atleast. and the worst one was 128 in a 55mph zone. and the only reason i wasent arrested was cuz this happened in the seattle area 2 years ago and i had a NY state licence and the cop just gave me a almost $900 ticket. i just drive to fast and get a lot of speding tickets. and to top it all off a have a suspension cuz of wreckless driving also 2 years ago. i just dont have good luck when it comes to law inforcment. here is a few things a got bused for

1. speeding
2. speeding to fast for the condition
3. wreckless driving
4. destoriying personal property
5. doing burnout's in a city street
6. driving with a suspended licence
7. driving with passangers right after i got my licence (i guess your not suppose to for the first 6 months)

there are a couple more.

all these happened in the first year that i got my licence. i was stupid soo what can i say. the best part is i don't have any points taken off my NY licence cuz all these happened out of state. i have never gotton pulled over by cops in NYC cuz i don't drive all crazy now.
Old 09-28-2006, 07:29 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by aaronnn
cool siggy. where in jersey city did you eat? haha

yes nj drivers are nuts, there are too many drivers, and the roads are garbage. soof course insurance is insane..

although i only drove for about 3 years, my insurance is about 2400 a year. i drive a 99TL. i have full coverage, ilive on my own, and pay everything straight. oh, no accidents that were my fault, one speeding ticket which i went to court and lowered my points.. so my rate is pretty nice.

My friends live in Jersey City in some gated community that has part of the hudson running into it. Basically across from the statue of liberty on a slight angle. It's pretty nice. We ate at some Steak house not far from there, I forgot the name already . I'll be going back down there again tonight for dinner. I'm staying out this way in Baskin Ridge at the Marriot off of 78.

People make fun of Jersey, but when you see the area I'm staying in it's hard to make fun of Jersey (bedminster, baskin ridge). I'm basically in the heart of the pharmaceutical companies right here... And next to AT&T and Verizon. Lots of $$ and expensive houses out this way.
Old 09-28-2006, 07:50 AM
Team Owner

Received 602 Likes on 419 Posts
Originally Posted by INSPIRE 32V
ummm... like i said before NOT EVERYONE CAN AFFORD FULL COVERAGE.
I'm sorry, don't buy a car that has a history of being a high theft vehicle if you can't afford the insurance.

I was paying $5000 a year for 3 cars about 3 years ago. It sucked, but that's what you have to do. If I couldn't afford to insure my CL, I would be posting on Maxima.org right now.
Old 09-28-2006, 07:53 AM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by mclarenf3387
Welcome to NY/NJ car insurance. Add being under 25 and you'll pay out your ass for full coverage on anything but a tricycle.
I've heard about some guys paying about $4-6K a year to insure their CL.

It's nice having a cleaner driving record and moving out of the ghetto of Jersey City. I'm bearly over $1500 with full coverage now.
Old 09-28-2006, 07:56 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by RaviNJCLs
I've heard about some guys paying about $4-6K a year to insure their CL.

It's nice having a cleaner driving record and moving out of the ghetto of Jersey City. I'm bearly over $1500 with full coverage now.

heh, although look at his stated driving record above...
Old 09-28-2006, 08:19 AM
Team Owner

heh, although look at his stated driving record above...
Yeh, I saw that. Chances are he'll be taking the subway for a couple years. But a lot of us have been there. You do what you got to do.
Old 09-28-2006, 08:27 AM
Go Giants

Received 1,236 Likes on 825 Posts
Having an uninsured car in Newark is like having sex with a prostitute without a rubber...You expect the worst, but hope for the best....
Old 09-28-2006, 08:40 AM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Whiskers
Having an uninsured car in Newark is like having sex with a prostitute without a rubber...You expect the worst, but hope for the best....
Speaking from experience, are we?
Old 09-28-2006, 09:12 AM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That sucks for your friend.. hope he works things out.

I agree that he should have had better insurance. If the car is paid off he doesnt have a car note to worry about, so his total insurance bill is surely less than a note on top of an ins payment.

My friend has an 02 es300 (worth about 22k) and he only keeps minimum liability on it. I think hes crazy.. ya never know what kinda shit can happen
Old 09-28-2006, 09:21 AM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 978 Likes on 330 Posts
well it probbly is cuz of the area but the thing which makes my insurance really high is cuz i have more than 10 speding tickets atleast. and the worst one was 128 in a 55mph zone. and the only reason i wasent arrested was cuz this happened in the seattle area 2 years ago and i had a NY state licence and the cop just gave me a almost $900 ticket. i just drive to fast and get a lot of speding tickets. and to top it all off a have a suspension cuz of wreckless driving also 2 years ago. i just dont have good luck when it comes to law inforcment. here is a few things a got bused for

1. speeding
2. speeding to fast for the condition
3. wreckless driving
4. destoriying personal property
5. doing burnout's in a city street
6. driving with a suspended licence
7. driving with passangers right after i got my licence (i guess your not suppose to for the first 6 months)

there are a couple more.

all these happened in the first year that i got my licence. i was stupid soo what can i say. the best part is i don't have any points taken off my NY licence cuz all these happened out of state. i have never gotton pulled over by cops in NYC cuz i don't drive all crazy now.

wow, talk about being retarded
Old 09-28-2006, 04:10 PM
Glacier Frost Mica CL-S

Originally Posted by CLpower
wow, talk about being retarded

yup i was retarted back then.
Old 09-30-2006, 08:21 PM
Oh Hullow

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
damn i thought i was out of control with my 2 tickets lol ... (driving with 2 passengers on a restricted license and getting caught with 15 other people in a 1 hour time span in a speed trap ... 42 in a 25) ... luckily no increase in insurance though... although i have been complimented on "not driving like an asshole like most kids my age" by a few people :-P
Old 09-30-2006, 10:22 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
Christ..

And this is why I live in a quiet neighborhood next door to the chief of police and the City Manager. Oh and I pay under 600 a year for insurance on TWO TL's.

So on that note, get the hell out of Jersey.
Old 09-30-2006, 11:30 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Ken1997TL
Christ..

And this is why I live in a quiet neighborhood next door to the chief of police and the City Manager. Oh and I pay under 600 a year for insurance on TWO TL's.

Shit won't make a difference, you think some crook will care? Hell, that just makes the job better if they rip your shit off, gives them more respect in the street.

I live in one of the wealthiest areas of the nation (according to Forbes most wealthiest zip codes) and and theft still happens, granted its due to the proximity to Newark.
Old 09-30-2006, 11:40 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by mclarenf3387
Shit won't make a difference, you think some crook will care? Hell, that just makes the job better if they rip your shit off, gives them more respect in the street.

I live in one of the wealthiest areas of the nation (according to Forbes most wealthiest zip codes) and and theft still happens, granted its due to the proximity to Newark.
Well first off, its a gated community, second I have nosey elderly neighbors with NRA stickers all over their cars and third I keep my vehicles in the garage. I'm not too worried. Plus my house is hard to find.

And yes, crooks would care. They actually get caught around here unlike Newark, a septic tank of a city which breeds this kind of theft.
Old 10-01-2006, 12:10 AM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts
Christ..

Holy jesus I would love it if my rates were that low.
Old 10-01-2006, 12:14 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by subinf
Holy jesus I would love it if my rates were that low.
They dropped quite a bit recently.. I'm not sure why and I'm not going to ask
Old 10-01-2006, 01:09 AM
Glacier Frost Mica CL-S

i have a question??

will all the bad things stay on my freakin licence record or am i ever gona be able to enjoy paying like $400 for insurance some time in my life before i die.
Old 10-01-2006, 01:13 AM
Senior Moderator

i have a question??

will all the bad things stay on my freakin licence record or am i ever gona be able to enjoy paying like $400 for insurance some time in my life before i die.
The tickets disappear after 3 years.
Old 10-01-2006, 01:34 AM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts
They dropped quite a bit recently.. I'm not sure why and I'm not going to ask

Slightly off topic, but do you think it is worth it for me to switch my car registration to Oregon? I will be here for at least three years...maybe that will make my insurance lower as well?
Old 10-01-2006, 01:37 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by subinf
Slightly off topic, but do you think it is worth it for me to switch my car registration to Oregon? I will be here for at least three years...maybe that will make my insurance lower as well?
Definitely worth it. Its quite cheap to do so as well.
Old 10-01-2006, 12:21 PM
Ur Mutha She Stinks!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i heard that when your 25 your drivng record and all are wiped clean and you start all over again? is it true
Old 10-01-2006, 12:27 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by azninvazion
i heard that when your 25 your drivng record and all are wiped clean and you start all over again? is it true
False.

Your insurance does drop 30 or 40% in cost when you hit 25 if you've behaved yourself.

Tickets disappear after 3 years.
Old 10-04-2006, 02:44 PM
Without a garage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by snowman81
Damn...that sucks so bad. I couldn't even imagine that. It seems like Cali is a terrible place to live if you're worried about car theft. Check out this article from MSN. The three columns on the left rank the city out of 366 so you can check out where you're city ranks. http://moneycentral.msn.com/content/...ar/P127134.asp
I live in Modesto. LOL *Stay away theives!*

Luckily my baby gets parked in the garage every night. I know my Accord would have been stolen for sure had it not been parked in the garage. My buddy used his Accord key on my car. He was able to open the door and start the engine.

I was like, aah hell no!!!

Oh and within a week of moving in, the next door neighbors had their Toyota truck stolen from the front of their house.

That sucks about the TL-S.
Old 10-04-2006, 06:25 PM
Nom Nom Nom Nom

Received 76 Likes on 50 Posts
ummm... like i said before NOT EVERYONE CAN AFFORD FULL COVERAGE. i myself just upgraded to a 02 TL-s and paid straight cash for it. and no i am not planing on spending 4k a year for full covrage. i will just take my chances with bad shit that has been happing.
Then dont bitch when your shit gets stolen and you are left with nothing.