What right do I have ??

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 06:07 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,297 Posts
I can't there had to be a thread abou this.

:ibdeadhorse:
Old 12-08-2006, 01:00 AM
Cruising in ATL!!

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
So picked up my car late this afternoon. Here's a list of equipment they replaced w/ my old ones:

Alpine CDA-9830 - Alpine CDA-9857
Alpine M350 Amp - Alpine M605 Amp
JL 12" W3V2 - JL 12" W3V3
Ipod 512mb Shuffle - Ipod 1gb Shuffle
Ipod connection to Alpine head-unit

I admit, they did upgrade all of my equipments but for some reason I'm not liking it at all. I mean my trunk setup is all different, box they used for subwoofer is smaller than what I had before. Also, panels around radio have been damaged when the bastard try to yank it out. They are going to replace it soon, still waiting on the parts. I guess it would look much better when they're replaced.

I did thank them for taking care of me so quickly but yet, I still wish I ddin't have to go thru this experience. Also I had to get my driver's side headlight replaced due to condensation and now it looks soooo different than passenger's side. I asked if there is anyway I can get that replaced as well but they aren't going to unless they see condensation.

Overall, I'm pleased w/ how Hendrick Acura treated me and I would eventually go back for more services. You might think I'm complaining too much even after getting all these new equipments but I still wish I didn't have to go thru this.
Old 12-08-2006, 01:23 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No one wants to go through the experience of having their car, home, or personal property broken into and stolen. Its a feeling of violation. To top it off its a royal pain to deal with insurance and take the time to get everything repaired and fixed. Personally, I think you are lucky. Instead of having a dealer deny any fault in the matter they manned up and said, "We'll fix this for you. Hell, we'll upgrade all your old out of date equipment."

I'll tell you what else. You might just be thankful if the dealer left your car unlocked (not an uncommon practice among dealers.) Why? Because that very well may have prevented your vehicle from receiving any sort of external damage such as broken windows. You get at what I'm saying? If someone wants to break in to your car it doesn't matter if your car is locked or not. If they want it they'll get it.

You just learned a lesson. Never leave personal affects in your vehicle. It doesn't matter that it was in the glove box. Use some common sense. You are leaving your car at a service dept overnight, one you've never used no less, and you leave things like an ipod in the car. Well, thats your fault sad to say. Sure hiding everything of value makes the idea of theft less apealling to the theif, but a lot of theives also know that people face plates and what not hidden in their vehicles.

My advice. Quit complaining so much. You sound like a broken record. Especially when the dealer went out of their way to take care of you when most other dealers would have left you on your own. I would write the GM a thank you note as to the bang up service you were provided as a result of the tragedy.
Old 12-08-2006, 01:26 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 196 Likes on 99 Posts
Originally Posted by baboya96
So picked up my car late this afternoon. Here's a list of equipment they replaced w/ my old ones:

I admit, they did upgrade all of my equipments but for some reason I'm not liking it at all. I mean my trunk setup is all different, box they used for subwoofer is smaller than what I had before. Also, panels around radio have been damaged when the bastard try to yank it out. They are going to replace it soon, still waiting on the parts. I guess it would look much better when they're replaced.

I did thank them for taking care of me so quickly but yet, I still wish I ddin't have to go thru this experience. Also I had to get my driver's side headlight replaced due to condensation and now it looks soooo different than passenger's side. I asked if there is anyway I can get that replaced as well but they aren't going to unless they see condensation.

Overall, I'm pleased w/ how Hendrick Acura treated me and I would eventually go back for more services. You might think I'm complaining too much even after getting all these new equipments but I still wish I didn't have to go thru this.
Well, you DID go through it. And it could have been much worse. All new equipment, new trim ordered, and an evident respect for you and your car. Quit complaining and move on.

Terry
Old 12-08-2006, 07:55 AM
On the way!

Wait to you experience a major problem where someone is NOT willing to help you. That will put this whole ordeal into perspective for you.
Old 12-08-2006, 08:13 AM
Team Owner

Received 105 Likes on 69 Posts

I'm glad they took care of you, and it's very nice of them of upgrading your stuff. You best be pleased how they took care of you. I know of some dealers in my area that wouldn't give a shit if any of my cars were broken into. (etc. my shiftknobs, headunits) were stolen before, and never replaced.

Originally Posted by teranfon
Quit complaining and move on.
Old 12-08-2006, 08:16 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,090 Likes on 767 Posts
Actually, last time I was in there for engine oil change, they checked my brakes and it was 90% good for front and 30$ for rear. May be ask for discount?????
Old 12-08-2006, 08:28 AM
Cruising in ATL!!

Originally Posted by EuRTSX
I'm glad they took care of you, and it's very nice of them of upgrading your stuff. You best be pleased how they took care of you. I know of some dealers in my area that wouldn't give a shit if any of my cars were broken into. (etc. my shiftknobs, headunits) were stolen before, and never replaced.
cute gf... and i agree w/ that saying in korean..haha
Old 12-08-2006, 08:34 AM
Team Owner

Received 598 Likes on 416 Posts
Glad they took car of you. If you're unhappy with it, then redo the install. They took care of the expensive part.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:15 AM
Cruising in ATL!!

Originally Posted by RaviNJCLs
Glad they took car of you. If you're unhappy with it, then redo the install. They took care of the expensive part.
Yeah I'm thinking about it. They mounted amp to sub box to save space and cable for ipod is coming right under coin tray but I asked him to bring it out under arm rest compartment area. Head unit itself seems pretty cool and subwoofer is def hitting little harder than before. I guess I just need to get used to them and slowly use it to its full capacity.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:36 AM
Dan
Safety Car

Received 220 Likes on 127 Posts
Damn, another "I'm a victim" thread.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:38 AM
Fahrvergnügen'd

Received 1,568 Likes on 985 Posts
Originally Posted by phipark
What a bunch of bastards, they should buy you a new car.
And a basket full of puppies!
Old 12-08-2006, 10:57 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 719 Likes on 201 Posts
where are the pics?
Old 12-08-2006, 11:44 AM
Cruising in ATL!!

Originally Posted by synth19
where are the pics?
pics of my new equipment?? it's nothing special really... didn't find the need to take any.
Old 12-08-2006, 02:15 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
Originally Posted by fla-tls

Wait to you experience a major problem where someone is NOT willing to help you. That will put this whole ordeal into perspective for you.
Seriously. They took care of you pretty well! They may not have put everything exactly where you wanted it, but they replaced all components, even upgraded them, and did the install, all within a few days. That is pretty awesome of them...
Old 12-08-2006, 02:40 PM
Burning Brakes

how is this thread still going on?