What particular driving action of others pisses you off the most?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2010 | 06:53 PM
Suzuka Master

I'll admit that sometimes I do get lazy to turn my turn signal on. I'll do if there are cars around me, but if they are like 4 cars behind me, sometimes I just wont do it.
Old 12-30-2010 | 12:54 AM
intelligentsia

From: Land of cheap vodka, hot girls, and great nightlife
After driving through Philly the last few months I have learned to accept that people are idiots. So now I don't get bothered by asshat driving actions.

However what pisses me off the most are people who put EU license plates on the front of the car, and people who put American flags on an import car. Congratulations asshole you love America yet drive a hyundai and put an American flag on it. If these people love America so much go buy an American car.
Old 12-30-2010 | 07:54 AM
Trolling Canuckistan

People who tailgate, and even worse people who tailgate in the snow. There's nothing worse than knowing 100% that the guy behind you will hit you if you have to stop.
Old 01-01-2011 | 11:04 PM
I'm Craig

I was driving home from Michigan today and thought of this one: when idiot pansy drivers in front of you tap on the brakes multiple times while you're traveling in a pack of traffic at 80MPH because they get too close to the car in front of them. FUUU. Do people not understand that A) you can let off the gas and the car will slow down B) that tapping the brakes unnecessarily when traveling at 80MPH while there are cars behind you is very errrm...hazardous? It sets off a chain reaction.
Old 01-01-2011 | 11:14 PM
Your Friendly Canadian

^ Annoys the crap out of me as well. But admittedly it happens the one time or so that I'm not particularly paying attention to traffic.

It's even worse when it's being done in rush hour bumper to bumper situations. You're trying to at least coast, but the guy in front is stopping and accelerating all the time. Worst part is you can't leave a comfortable gap here because drivers will jump at any chance to change lanes.
Old 01-02-2011 | 04:57 AM
Evil Mazda Driver

That reminds me of this story: I was picking up my neighbors at the airport a few days ago and the line at the terminal was backed up as usual. There was some lady in a 4Runner behind me who was driving like she had no idea the car will actually coast forward if you let off the brake just a bit. Every time I would creep forward a few feet (not even enough to shut off the brake lights), she would step on the accelerator and then slam on the brakes. I could actually see the car lurch so I know she was stepping on the gas and then it would nose dive a fraction of a second later. She did this EVERY TIME and it made me nervous because I had a hunch she might just accelerate into my back bumper. As irksome as it was for me, I'm sure it was pissing the living hell out of the people behind her. Had I been behind her I would have gotten out of the car and given her what-for.
Old 01-02-2011 | 06:55 AM
Banned

Rubber-Neckers. An accident or incident in the opposing direction should not slow traffic on another side of the highway.

People driving in the fast lane with mobiles texting/calling slowing traffic.

People driving shoulder-to-shoulder at the exact same speed as you. Can be unnerving with someone inches away at your side at 75mph.

People who deliberately speed up as you try to pass them.

Using profanity/gestures in general. Happens rarely but is annoying.

Other than that, I think driving around in my area to be perfectly adequate.
Old 01-02-2011 | 09:54 AM
Back From The dead

NJ...
It seems that there are certain people who drive in a manner to piss people off as a game. They drive in the left lane well below posted speeds and then give you the F U look as you try to get by. They take turns without blinkers...they stop in the middle of the street without reason, and then just drive away slowly. They seem to think they have the right to do whatever they want on the road, or maybe it's just a game to them.

It's fucked up
Old 01-02-2011 | 10:09 AM
Senior Moderator

People who think the left lane is theirs and refuse to move over.
Old 01-02-2011 | 10:16 AM
I

Drivers that do not yield to the yield sign when going onto a ramp then they honk and yell at you like your the idiot.

Also backing into a car in your back-up cam equipped vehicle. I really don't understand that. I was parked across the street sitting in my car and saw a fully equipped Odyssey with back-up cam hit the car behind while parallel parking. Seriously WTF! Also people that try to fit in a spot and only get convinced they don't fit after ramming the car behind them and half their car still sticking out. Sundays I work in Chinatown NYC and I see the most horrible parking jobs
Old 01-02-2011 | 04:40 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by csmeance
1. Lack of turn signal use!
2. People tailgating
3. People using the merge lane on highways to pass cars, or worse the emergency lanes
4. Having people drive under the speed limit because they can, esp in the left lane!
The above plus:

5. Hogging right lane at traffic-lighted intersection so you can't make a legal right turn on red. This really pisses me off riding a bike too because these cars are always in the bike lane.

6. Leaving the (usually left) blinker on for miles on end. Makes me wonder how engaged the driver really is.

7. Cars refusing to yield to faster traffic, particularly when there is a special lane available for passing that is not always there.

8. Semi's passing in which there is only a 1mph difference in speed (e.g passing truck is going 56 .vs. slower truck going 55mph) That really kills me because it take 5 minutes to pass and they only gain 1mph. Mean while there are a 100 cars watching the slow race.

9. Trucks that have a cargo (usually dirt or sometimes water) that falls out of it.
Old 01-02-2011 | 05:47 PM
Pinky all stinky

Originally Posted by NJ SHAWD
NJ...
It seems that there are certain people who drive in a manner to piss people off as a game. They drive in the left lane well below posted speeds and then give you the F U look as you try to get by. They take turns without blinkers...they stop in the middle of the street without reason, and then just drive away slowly. They seem to think they have the right to do whatever they want on the road, or maybe it's just a game to them.

It's fucked up
they're not all NJers though. ever notice on the parkway, the NYers going down to AC? the left lane bandits are almost always with the NY license plates.
Old 01-02-2011 | 07:47 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by BluLabelCL9
Drivers that do not yield to the yield sign when going onto a ramp then they honk and yell at you like your the idiot.

Also backing into a car in your back-up cam equipped vehicle. I really don't understand that. I was parked across the street sitting in my car and saw a fully equipped Odyssey with back-up cam hit the car behind while parallel parking. Seriously WTF! Also people that try to fit in a spot and only get convinced they don't fit after ramming the car behind them and half their car still sticking out. Sundays I work in Chinatown NYC and I see the most horrible parking jobs
There's your reason

I know this doesnt count as a true gripe, but people who drive supercars slow make me mad. Give me the damn car, it will have more fun with me.

(and i'm talking about below speed limit, slow accelerating. Prius drivers are faster than supercar drivers)
Old 01-02-2011 | 08:24 PM
Evil Mazda Driver

Originally Posted by LaCostaRacer
Hogging right lane at traffic-lighted intersection so you can't make a legal right turn on red. This really pisses me off riding a bike too because these cars are always in the bike lane.
There are usually dedicated turn lanes here so it's not so much of a problem but what I hate are people who do the same at really wide stop-sign controlled intersections. The Audi dealer I used to work for was right off a major highway and the street the dealer was on was very wide so there was more than enough room for somebody to pull to the left waiting for a gap in traffic. But nope...usually some asshole would pull so far to the right they'd almost hit the curb and then put on their left turn signal. It would be 5:00 and making a left turn would take six weeks. I got so pissed off at this lady once I just laid on the horn.

Here's the intersection: http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie...=12,194.9,,0,6
Old 01-03-2011 | 06:32 PM
Burning Brakes

(1) Clueless drivers - especially when they're in the high speed lane with no one in front of them but about eight cars behind them. AND...it's a two lane road and clueless driver just happens to match the speed of the car in the slow lane. Mother Fockers!

(2) People who stop at the end of an off ramp when there is a lane dedicated for you! WTF?

(3) People who are driving in the opposite direction that drift into your lane on a (usually blind) corner. Mother Fockers!
Old 01-03-2011 | 08:05 PM
Back From The dead

Originally Posted by phile
they're not all NJers though. ever notice on the parkway, the NYers going down to AC? the left lane bandits are almost always with the NY license plates.
I know exactly what you're talking about phile, but this is something different. It's almost out of hand. I'm surprised I haven't seen a news story on it.
Old 01-03-2011 | 08:12 PM
Racer

Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrr tailgating x1000000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone seems to do it around here..... or at least when i'm driving......
Old 01-03-2011 | 08:21 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by fsttyms1
People who think the left lane is theirs and refuse to move over.
Wish there was a real sign like this every couple of miles or so on highways..