Welp..... I got a TSX..........

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2005, 11:18 AM
Team Owner

Received 249 Likes on 175 Posts
Originally Posted by domn
Which is the case in practically every car that offers an MT and AT option.

Which is the point I was trying to make which PistonFan couldn't get through his skull.
Old 03-21-2005, 12:38 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
No offense here, and I didn't read the whole thread, but I think if you have trouble merging into traffic even with a TSX, then I think you probably have some bad driving habits... Chances are, you either rely on a car's power too much, or you tend to think your car is faster than almost anybody else on the road.

I drive a lot in traffic and even back when I was driving my 103hp Civic, I never had a problem with merging/speeding up to traffic....

Again, no offense, but one of the things that makes a good driver good is knowing the car, anyway. AND if you don't kknow the car, play it safe.

TSX underpower or not, that's just a perception. I personally don't think it is, but I also think there's no point of arguing.
Old 03-21-2005, 02:37 PM
Team Owner

Received 249 Likes on 175 Posts
:readthethread:
Old 03-21-2005, 02:47 PM
Doin' da crack shuffle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by supraken
No offense here, and I didn't read the whole thread, but I think if you have trouble merging into traffic even with a TSX, then I think you probably have some bad driving habits... Chances are, you either rely on a car's power too much, or you tend to think your car is faster than almost anybody else on the road.

I drive a lot in traffic and even back when I was driving my 103hp Civic, I never had a problem with merging/speeding up to traffic....

Again, no offense, but one of the things that makes a good driver good is knowing the car, anyway. AND if you don't kknow the car, play it safe.

TSX underpower or not, that's just a perception. I personally don't think it is, but I also think there's no point of arguing.

Old 03-21-2005, 02:52 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BEETROOT
I had my car at this inspection place yesterday, they said 3 of my motor mounts were broken. I asked how many motor mounts are there? They said 3.

That didn't make me feel very safe.
So your engine was hanging on by the driveshafts? Wow!
Old 03-21-2005, 04:48 PM
I feel the need...

Received 515 Likes on 363 Posts
Originally Posted by mrsteve
Dyno data proven, acceleration data proven. 6MT is faster than 5AT.

Hey chiselnut, calm down - I don't dispute your data.

Just saying IMO the TSX doesn't make THAT much difference in the seat of the pants feel between the 5AT and 6MT - which is why I bought the 5AT.