Wassup (from NJ/ NY)!!!! 350z review!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2002, 07:18 AM
Changin bulbs since '73

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
Wassup (from NJ/ NY)!!!! 350z review!!

First let me say HAPPY THANNKSGIVING!!!! Made it to NJ in 12 hours.

The 350Z was great on the Highway. Gobs and gobs of power. Not as fast as everyone led me to believe, but fun as hell. The interior is "real cozy". Kinda clausterphobic after our cars. Trunk is small. So, i'd have to say it is less then ideal as touring car. These are little things that I noticed. Not trying to knock the car. It was great to drive. But, not suited for what I like in a car. Interior bits are kinda cheap. I did't notice that before until i actually started using the car. Myk biggest beef with the car is the stereo system. Holy shit...it sounded like crap. By dar the worst stereo i have heard. I think my mom's '92 Taurus sounds better. I cant believe how bad it sucks. My cousin (who owns the car) told me that their is a recall for the stereo. Makes ours sound like a Mark Levinson system or something. That may seem minor but when you are the car for 12 hours it starts to matter a lot!!!

the trip was real cool. Left my house at 5AM. Made it out of illinois in less then an hour. Indiana was uneventful Ohio has a shitload of cops. There was one like every couple of miles it seemed like. The car has a passport 8500. It was going crazy. It saved my ass about a thousand times in Ohio. I was all excited. That was until i got to Pennsylvania. Oh Pennsylvania. Fuck. Gorgeous state. Fun to drive. But.....long as hell to get across that state. It wouildn't stop. I felt like I was in the twilight zone....no matter how fast i drove i couldn't seem to get out of Pennsylvania. And.....AND...to top it off .... I got a fuckin ticket!!!! The stupid radar detector didn't even go off. Not a peep. The cop gets out and asks me....(seeing the detector) didn't your radar detector go off? I said no...he started laughing...he is like I shot you doin 87 miles an hour!!! And we use normal radar guns. I felt violated. And to top it off the cop is makin' fun of me. Oh well, i will be 165 dollars cheaper after this trip....FUCK!!! Why didn't go off? Luckily he caught me at that speed. I was going a little faster then that most of the time . But you would never know it in that car.

So over all.....350 Z cool car....but not for me. I like em' bigger. Maybe i need to check out a G35C

Pennsylvania cops.....use vaseline while bending you over

Trip...very fun...love road trip.

NY/NJ beautiful states. On wednesday when I got in my cousins took me to a place called Jeckyl and Hyde bar or club...something like that. I made the hottest girl in the club cry But that is a different story!!
Old 11-29-2002, 07:52 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 638 Likes on 276 Posts
cute review. You went 12 hours straight? Shit. Oh and maybe the cop didnt even radar you, maybe he just pulled you over cuz he THOUGHT you were speeding... you should have asked to see his radar.

Thats what i would do cuz my V1 never fails me, so it seems.
Old 11-29-2002, 09:02 AM
trying to get a lil V-I

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Wassup (from NJ/ NY)!!!! 350z review!!

Originally posted by Loseit
I made the hottest girl in the club cry But that is a different story!!
post the story in ramblings....

Got to love the PA cops. They don't always use laser or radar here. The next time you drive through PA, you'll notice white lines painted on the asphalt every so often. They time you w/ a stop watch from one line to the other to calculate your speed. They can even do it from an airplane...Real scary stuff.

After getting a ticket for 89mph in a 65mph zone (i was actually doing 110mph) I've slowed down a lot on the turnpikes. You almost have to be as careful as driving through OH here.
Old 11-29-2002, 09:05 AM
Administrator Alumnus

Received 131 Likes on 82 Posts
Good review. Glad to hear you made it OK.
Old 11-29-2002, 08:27 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good review. Be more careful on the way back.
Old 11-29-2002, 09:28 PM
Subie Dubie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If your detector is decent, no way he shot you. Maybe you had the stereo up too loud
Old 11-30-2002, 11:19 AM
Changin bulbs since '73

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by Red Rider
If your detector is decent, no way he shot you. Maybe you had the stereo up too loud
hehehe...that crossed my mind as well....but i don't think so...i was very paranoid the whole trip...kept checking