Vehicle Technology/Entertainment features question (looking for feedback)

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 01:55 PM
still a Masshole

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle Technology/Entertainment features question (looking for feedback)

Hey y'all,

Just trying to brainstorm here and wanted to ask you folks a few questions. I am trying to get some feedback and want to know what technology features you might be interested in in your next vehicle that your current vehicle does not have (specifically interested in vehicle entertainment). I know this is a broad question but I am working on a project and trying to come up with some ideas on what technology/entertainment features folks are interested in. You guys are a perfect audience for me because as primarily Acura/Infiniti/BMW/Audi owners, we own entry lux/lux vehicles which is what I am mostly concerned with. oh and if you can tell me whether you are married/single or have kids that would be helpful.

Thanks,
Old 05-11-2010, 03:33 PM
Burning Brakes

So basically you are looking for a free focus group?

I would just read the "what features should the 2020 Car X have" threads.
Old 05-11-2010, 03:44 PM
I drive a Subata.

Received 2,603 Likes on 1,571 Posts
a feature that can shut this ^ guy up.

anyway, i want my 'stock' car to play DVDs when the car is in motion.

oh yeah i'm single with no kids.
Old 05-11-2010, 04:35 PM
Someday, an RS6 Avant+

Received 1,019 Likes on 542 Posts
I say this:

My car: Nav unit and a killer sound system (no cheap stuff), Polk/B&O/McIntosh/Nakamichi speakers and amps. Low profile subs too. MP3/WMA capable and iPod connection a must, 6 disc in dash changer

Family truckster: Rear independent TV/DVD players. All with wireless headphones.

I'm married with 3 kids.
Old 05-11-2010, 04:35 PM
still a Masshole

Thanks JS.

And yes, I do want a free focus group...not like I was trying to hide that. The intraweb is just another fantastic tool to get insight and information.

And for starters, I know that with Blu-ray becoming the next standard for watching movies that a lot of people are going to want that in their cars (vs the DVD players some cars have today). Almost every vehicle these days already comes with MP3 player capabilities but what else are people looking for in their infotainment systems?
Old 05-11-2010, 06:39 PM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
Two USB ports that you can plug your MP3 player or phone (not just the iPod/iPhone) into and be able to play music from that device, while controlling everything from your factory radio. Both must charge the device(s) when plugged in. Also the capability to play music from a flash/hard drive, of course.

Last thing I want to do in a new car is to have to burn a CD or swap them out in a 6-disc changer.... I'm spoiled now.

Single, no kids
Old 05-11-2010, 08:46 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,016 Likes on 1,435 Posts
Originally Posted by ferizzo
Hey y'all,

Just trying to brainstorm here and wanted to ask you folks a few questions. I am trying to get some feedback and want to know what technology features you might be interested in in your next vehicle that your current vehicle does not have (specifically interested in vehicle entertainment). I know this is a broad question but I am working on a project and trying to come up with some ideas on what technology/entertainment features folks are interested in. You guys are a perfect audience for me because as primarily Acura/Infiniti/BMW/Audi owners, we own entry lux/lux vehicles which is what I am mostly concerned with. oh and if you can tell me whether you are married/single or have kids that would be helpful.

Thanks,

I might be a bit off the wall here since my 7 has spoiled me a bit, but for my future car:

1. Heads Up Display
2. Night Vision (Heat based, nor IR)
3. Active Cruise Control with Collision Mitigation and Stop/Go feature
4. Lane Departure System
5. Blind Spot Monitoring System
6. 6 Disk CD/DVD changer in dash
7. Hard Drive based Navigation System
8. In car internet services
9. Good audio system such as Logic 7
10. 6+ Speed Transmission (7 would be ideal)
11. Cylinder deactivation/Fuel management system for more efficiency
12. Rear Entertainment system with separate monitors and controls for both video and car control such as settings menu, navigation menu, etc.
13. USB input for audio and video files
14. Ability to read emails/texts from phones (while at a stop of course)
15. Auto P (hold car at redlights)
16. Automatic Parking (F10 or LS like systems that actually WORK)
17. Surround/Overview Camera system
18. Adaptive HID headlights

And to be a bit more spoiled on things that I'd like:
19. Massaging Seat for Back
20. Self Bolstering seat (sides and bottom inflate during cornering)

FYI, most of the stuff named above exists in cars today that are in the 110k+ range, however it will take a few years for it to trickle down to a more affordable level
Old 05-11-2010, 08:53 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by JS + MS3
a feature that can shut this ^ guy up.

anyway, i want my 'stock' car to play DVDs when the car is in motion.

oh yeah i'm single with no kids.
Yeah, I made a smart-ass comment, but my advice was legit. In a lot of model specific forums (AZ included), there are threads with people giving comments on features they would like to see on the new models before they come out or the feature lists are announced. A lot of those requested features are tech related. I was not kidding--it would be a good place to look.

Here is an RDX thread: https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...highlight=list