Acura,
Acura,
and Acura
Oh yeah, Acura
and Dylan.
Old 12-28-2017, 06:56 AM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
Originally Posted by Rocket_man
This being the criteria of this survey... "Instead, it rates auto brands based on how they performed against car buyers' expectations in the 2015 through 2018 model years...." it seems there can be little doubt that there are many owners of Acura that have been disappointed by what they expected of their cars or maybe of Acura themselves. People that are surveyed can take out their dissatisfaction with the brand through their answers to such a survey. Just take a wonder through the line up..

- RLX: Their flagship model. Various suspension issues, cars selling at steep discounts (when they sell), I think it was even out of production for a time. They sold less than 800 RLXs in 2017, half as many as 2016. If you were one of the few that bought an RLX you may well feel disappointed.

- TLX: The issues with the transmission are well known. But I think what was worse was Acuras response, or lack of response for 2 years. Blaming the owners, making people prove the transmission was faulty when Acura clearly knew there were issues (heck they even delayed the release of the car over it), finally after nearly 2 years of this deceit, denial, blame game, they replaced some 2015 transmissions. As an owner of a 2015 and not getting a replacement transmission you can count me solidly in the disappointed camp. Not only did the car not live up to what I expected, neither did Acura. Their lack of integrity was astonishing. No better than VW who even with their issues and people going to prison finished 23rd.

- ILX: This model has been a major disappointment. Again another model whose sales fell by nearly 50% from last year. And declining sales since 2015.

- MDX: Probably their most successful car. But it can't carry the dead weight of the sedans. Not enough good 'karma' to offset the bad karma mentioned above.

- RDX: Sold well despite its so-so dated interior. It happened to be in the right segment at the right time and had a V6. Again some good karma here but again not enough. We'll see if the new RDX is an improvement if they really do dump the V6.

- NSX: Nice car but such a niche product and expensive it won't have much of an impact on this sort of survey.

If Acura management doesn't see what is going on they are in serious denial or living in a cave somewhere Or maybe the same folks that feed us $#!t on the transmission issue is spinning these results inside the company. If Acura does not monitor these forums it would be surprising to me. After all, they get all this feedback on their products and don't have to spend a dime for it. Whether they take action is a much different thing.

But Acura finds themselves at the literal bottom of the list. If you are an optimist you'd say no where but up from there. The worst they can do is stay at the bottom.
it's what happens when a company gets complacent.
your product starts to suffer, which hurts the customers, which then hurts sales.

it's the same pattern Kmart, Sears, radio shack, GE and others who didn't make smart business choices.
Honda has shown time and time again, they do not care about the Acura brand.

Maybe 2019 is the start of something new! we can only hope!

LOL
Old 12-28-2017, 08:46 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
Originally Posted by Saintor
lol at the dummies with no Acura who come here every single day to tell us how they ass-ume the brand is bad,
There's a reason why we don't own Acuras and we jumped ship to other brands

Originally Posted by oonowindoo
He thinks we are missing out....

Spoiler: We're not...

Originally Posted by ttribe
Quit your trolling.
Old 12-28-2017, 09:19 AM
Team Owner

Received 2,334 Likes on 1,962 Posts
The only decent vehicle Acura has put out since the 08 TL-S is the 3G MDX. But, even the 3G MDX is lacking some things.

People rave over the 40k TLX Aspec, I can find other cars to spend 40-42k on if I wanted to.
Old 12-28-2017, 10:49 PM
Pro

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by Kense
LOL @ a TLX looking better than an Audi A4.
A4 looks like a fucking 1950's toaster compared to the TLX. Like an upside down old bathtub. LOL indeed, you just have it backwards.

Now, there are some S6 from years past that look a lot nicer than either TLX or A4. 2018 A4 is simply a silly mistake, aesthetics wise, not a total failure, just mediocre. I'm sure it will look good again next revision.

Last edited by Christopher.; 12-28-2017 at 10:52 PM.
Old 12-28-2017, 11:23 PM

Received 5,884 Likes on 2,899 Posts
Originally Posted by Christopher.
A4 looks like a fucking 1950's toaster compared to the TLX. Like an upside down old bathtub. LOL indeed, you just have it backwards.

Now, there are some S6 from years past that look a lot nicer than either TLX or A4. 2018 A4 is simply a silly mistake, aesthetics wise, not a total failure, just mediocre. I'm sure it will look good again next revision.
One, the lot of you are arguing about matters of preference. That's just stupid.

Two, did you really put a "Type-S" badge on your TLX?
The following 4 users liked this post by ttribe:
1killercls (12-29-2017), mrmako (12-29-2017), oonowindoo (12-29-2017), teh CL (12-29-2017)
Old 12-29-2017, 05:03 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,659 Likes on 926 Posts
So just to be clear, the consensus is that Acura sucks because it’s not BMW or Audi AND that it lacks Lexus-level quality. Correct?
Old 12-29-2017, 06:22 AM
Team Owner

Your opinion. I see more A4s driving in my city of California over TLXs. We've all had Acura's here. Acura does nothing for us now. Maybe for you it does... you're also arguing points of the TLX and A4 off what the car looks like from an exterior stand point.
The following users liked this post:
1killercls (12-29-2017)
Old 12-29-2017, 08:22 AM
Team Owner

Received 3,863 Likes on 2,030 Posts

Audi sdans are pretty much all cut from the same design cloth. If the A4 looks like a toaster, so does the S6. Just a slightly bigger toaster.
Old 12-29-2017, 08:52 AM
Pro

For $37K, for a new car, which BMW or Audi would be better than my TLX?

One, the lot of you are arguing about matters of preference. That's just stupid.
Why am I defending the appearance? Because some joker made a comment about the A4 looking better, which is frankly, absurd - the A4 seems to be superior to the Acura TLX in all areas except these: initial price, cost of ownership over time, and appearance. AFAIK it is superior to the TLX in terms of handling, speed/power, and interior quality which are all majorly significant factors in my opinion.

Two, did you really put a "Type-S" badge on your TLX?
It's just a sticker - a place holder, until a real Type-S is released... Instead of these silly appearance only packages, I want the Type-S to be only about performance - 100% about performance, I want a TLX with nothing but the engine and suspension changed : Twin Turbo V6 3.0L and higher performance (active) suspension. I assume they won't do that, but they should. If Acura doesn't, well, then I may just have to install a Supercharger on my TLX eventually.

Also, I'm basically disgusted at Acura/Honda for having a same model year Accord that is faster [off the line] and seems to have more WHP and definitely has more low end torque than the V6 TLX!!! [When [b]Acura is their "Performance" brand] If there is one single person that represents Honda as a company, I feel like someone should walk up to that person and slap them in the face and say "what the fuck are you doing, wake up and fix this now" - don't wait for 2019, don't wait for next quarter, release a twin turbo V6 TLX right f#@king now, or at the very least, show the prototype and announce it.
Originally Posted by svtmike
Audi sdans are pretty much all cut from the same design cloth. If the A4 looks like a toaster, so does the S6. Just a slightly bigger toaster.

The older S6 doesn't have a big grill on the front that looks like if you folded it up and had a little arm to hold it in place, you could use it to cook hamburgers, and, it's cut sleeker, less like a bar of soap shape (of the A4) that looks like nobody bothered to try to make it look good and simply went with what the computer told them was most practical. The differences between the S6 and the current gen A4s may be subtle, but they are significant:

Audi S6

Last edited by Christopher.; 12-29-2017 at 09:03 AM.
Old 12-29-2017, 08:57 AM

Also, I'm basically disgusted at Acura/Honda for having a same model year Accord that is faster [off the line] and seems to have more WHP and definitely has more low end torque than the V6 TLX!!! [When [b]Acura is their "Performance" brand] If there is one single person that represents Honda as a company, I feel like someone should walk up to that person and slap them in the face and say "what the fuck are you doing, wake up and fix this now" - don't wait for 2019, don't wait for next quarter, release a twin turbo V6 TLX right f#@king now, or at the very least, show the prototype and announce it.
Honda has shown time and time again that it does not care about the Acura brand.
it's been this way for at least 10 years. Also, Acura needs to learn to market better. I dont know a thing about marketing on a large scale, but I bet I could do better....like you said...releasing the prototype and features will create MORE buzz than hiding like ACura always does

Hopefully the new management STEPS up and makes better business decisions.
Christopher. (12-29-2017)
Old 12-29-2017, 09:07 AM
Pro

@justnspace Yes! Acura management should totally view the 2018 2.0T Accord from Honda as a slap in the face, a wakeup call, a metaphorical crossing of a line in the sand, they should regroup, reach deep inside, and respond with something that simply blows away the 2.0T Accord, that is superior to the Audi A4 and Kia Stinger, and that makes us say: "wow, they actually did it". They need to do something, that, if it were shown at a car show presentation, and we were in the audience, would make us stand up and cheer.
Old 12-29-2017, 09:10 AM

@justnspace Yes! Acura management should totally view the 2018 2.0T Accord from Honda as a slap in the face, a wakeup call, a metaphorical crossing of a line in the sand, they should regroup, reach deep inside, and respond with something that simply blows away the 2.0T Accord, that is superior to the Audi A4 and Kia Stinger, and that makes us say: "wow, they actually did it". They need to do something, that, if it were shown at a car show presentation, and we were in the audience, would make us stand up and cheer.
Every year, we say the same thing.
Every year, we are disappointed.

nearly a decade of disappointment...No wonder why people are leaving the brand in droves
The following 4 users liked this post by justnspace:
juniorbean (12-29-2017), mrmako (12-29-2017), teh CL (12-29-2017), WheelMcCoy (12-29-2017)
Old 12-29-2017, 09:17 AM
Team Owner

respond with something that simply blows away the 2.0T Accord, that is superior to the Audi A4 and Kia Stinger, and that makes us say: "wow, they actually did it". They need to do something, that, if it were shown at a car show presentation, and we were in the audience, would make us stand up and cheer.
As I agree with you, I don't think Acura will do this. They're already behind.

The Accord 2.0T is excellent, interior is pretty nice, exterior though.... :cringe:
Old 12-29-2017, 09:17 AM
Team Owner

Shouldn't they have known about it for a few years now and view it as the basis for the next gen TLX? Which is probably a year or two in development already?

The new RDX should be a bellwether for Acura's direction... especially the unique platform. Just how unique it is will tell us if Acura is going to make a real move to differentiate itself from Honda.

Last edited by svtmike; 12-29-2017 at 09:21 AM.
TacoBello (12-29-2017)
Old 12-29-2017, 09:27 AM
Team Owner

For $37K, for a new car, which BMW or Audi would be better than my TLX?

Why am I defending the appearance? Because some joker made a comment about the A4 looking better, which is frankly, absurd - the A4 seems to be superior to the Acura TLX in all areas except these: initial price, cost of ownership over time, and appearance. AFAIK it is superior to the TLX in terms of handling, speed/power, and interior quality which are all majorly significant factors in my opinion.

It's just a sticker - a place holder, until a real Type-S is released... Instead of these silly appearance only packages, I want the Type-S to be only about performance - 100% about performance, I want a TLX with nothing but the engine and suspension changed : Twin Turbo V6 3.0L and higher performance (active) suspension. I assume they won't do that, but they should. If Acura doesn't, well, then I may just have to install a Supercharger on my TLX eventually.

The older S6 doesn't have a big grill on the front that looks like if you folded it up and had a little arm to hold it in place, you could use it to cook hamburgers, and, it's cut sleeker, less like a bar of soap shape (of the A4) that looks like nobody bothered to try to make it look good and simply went with what the computer told them was most practical. The differences between the S6 and the current gen A4s may be subtle, but they are significant:

Audi S6
Post an A4 from that angle and it isn't much different. You can even get the black optics package on it like this S6 has. Like I said, same design cloth.
juniorbean (12-29-2017)
Old 12-29-2017, 09:32 AM
Azine Jabroni

Received 2,158 Likes on 1,386 Posts
How sad is it that the computer-designed “bar of soap” car is 100x the driver’s car as the TLX?
Acura sedans are becoming such a joke.
1killercls (12-29-2017)
Old 12-29-2017, 09:38 AM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 19,915 Likes on 14,457 Posts
I think Honda is Honda's bread and butter and they're tired of catering to the pseudo luxury crowd that's never satisfied anyway. They're happy to lose those customer's to the "higher end" brands...they'll stick to being profitable from lawnmower, pressure washer, small craft and Honda branded vehicles.
PS, fully loaded Accords are probably within 5K of the TLX...times how many more units of the Accord...

They ain't even skurred...
Old 12-29-2017, 09:43 AM

right, and that's what the Acura brand was transforming to...
Acura doesnt mind being a vanilla people mover.

we'll have to see what New management does with the RDX in 2019
Old 12-29-2017, 09:45 AM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 19,915 Likes on 14,457 Posts
I think they only exist because they have to...
there's a reason that in Japan everything is just branded Honda and we don't get the cool versions here.
Maybe they're still sour over WWII?
Old 12-29-2017, 09:57 AM
Team Owner

I'd pick an Accord Touring over a TLX.

You know because premium gas.
Old 12-29-2017, 10:35 AM
GEEZER

Received 2,214 Likes on 1,418 Posts
Quattro > *
Old 12-29-2017, 10:41 AM
Azine Jabroni

Originally Posted by 1killercls
Quattro > *
I have yet to try the non-torsen quattro options (Haldex, ultra), but when you look at other manufacturers' AWD efforts, quattro cars hold up well.
1killercls (12-29-2017)
Old 12-29-2017, 11:00 AM
GEEZER

Received 2,214 Likes on 1,418 Posts
Old 12-29-2017, 11:01 AM
Turd Polisher

Received 3,006 Likes on 1,514 Posts
I wish I had more use for Quattro ...
Old 12-29-2017, 11:02 AM
_

Received 3,097 Likes on 1,867 Posts
Originally Posted by F23A4
So just to be clear, the consensus is that Acura sucks because it’s not BMW or Audi AND that it lacks Lexus-level quality. Correct?
Strictly speaking for myself, I don't think Acura sucks. I do think they haven't been putting out great products like they use to. For a long time, they've been a rudderless ship lost at sea with a broken compass. In the beginning, Acura had direction and put out good looking and fun to drive cars. Things appear to be changing. But when will we see the results of these changes?

Acura's use to get new features and technologies first. Now Honda gets them first. And then they trickle up to the Acura line up.

Acura's use to make Car and Driver's 10 Best list. The last time an Acura model made the list? In 2006 with the TSX. Who consistently makes the list? The Honda Accord which means they know how to build a good car. Where's Acura's equivalent? Who else consistently makes the list? The Germans (i.e. Audi, BMW, Mercedes, VW, Porsche). Maybe Acura thinks the award is meaningless. But you know what? It would be great for marketing, which happens to suck or be nonexistent at best.

30+ years later and Acura is still doing the same thing.... putting out premium / entry level luxury cars. They should have moved up a tier by now. Meanwhile, the Koreans have caught up to Acura in just 10 years time. They're putting out more fun to drive cars (Kia Stinger), cars with nicer looking designs (Genesis G70, G80), and cars with road presence. If Acura doesn't watch out, the Koreans are going to pass them by real quick. They're already gunning for the luxury sport sedan segment that the Acura TLX plays in with the Genesis G70.

2019 Genesis G70 First Drive: From Seoul With Soul - Motor Trend

Based on our time with the car in Korea, the 2019 Genesis G70 might just be one of the more compelling entries in the compact luxury sport sedan segment. There are sharper entries such as the Alfa Romeo Giulia and more luxurious ones such as the Mercedes-Benz C-Class. Where the 2019 Genesis G70 shines is in its balance. It provides excellent driving dynamics with its capable yet super playful chassis, but it doesn’t sacrifice much in terms of comfort. The interior is luxurious, well-built, and driver-centric without being overly complicated and remaining user-friendly. Balance is the Genesis G70’s game harmonizing luxury, comfort, style, and sportiness in the same way Korean culture blends old traditions with modernity seamlessly.
Next thing you know, there's going to be a Genesis supercar.

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/fra...sion-n-concept

Yes, Hyundai is considering a supercar inspired by its 'Vision N' concept

“Our future model line-up will include performance-oriented and race track-capable cars that will be full of energy,” explains Hyundai’s Albert Biermann. His official title is head of performance development at the Korean carmaker, but you might know him better as the former head of BMW’s M Division.

Biermann moved to Hyundai late last year. And in his new role as the head of performance development and high performance vehicle division at Hyundai – the ‘N’ sub-brand which we saw at Frankfurt – Biermann told Top Gear that his vision for high performance Hyundais will yield its first fruit in two year’s time, and could one day feature a proper, fully-fledged supercar.
I know the J series engine is still fairly competent, but honestly, Acura should have had a new engine(s) ready to replace it years ago. Everyone else has their V8 and turbo or super charged engines producing over 300 HP.

I could go on and on, but what's the point? I'd just be

If Acura still meets your needs, great. But some of us want and expect more from Acura.

Last edited by AZuser; 12-29-2017 at 11:05 AM.
The following 7 users liked this post by AZuser:
Legend2TL (01-01-2018), losiglow (01-02-2018), svtmike (12-29-2017), TacoBello (12-29-2017), teh CL (12-29-2017), ttribe (12-29-2017), TylerT (12-29-2017) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 12-29-2017, 11:06 AM
Turd Polisher

Originally Posted by AZuser
Strictly speaking for myself, I don't think Acura sucks. I do think they haven't been putting out great products like they use to. For a long time, they've been a rudderless ship lost at sea with a broken compass. In the beginning, Acura had direction and put out good looking and fun to drive cars. Things appear to be changing. But when will we see the results of these changes?

Acura's use to get new features and technologies first. Now Honda gets them first. And then they trickle up to the Acura line up.

Acura's use to make Car and Driver's 10 Best list. The last time an Acura model made the list? In 2006 with the TSX. Who consistently makes the list? The Honda Accord which means they know how to build a good car. Where's Acura's equivalent? Who else consistently makes the list? The Germans (i.e. Audi, BMW, Mercedes, VW, Porsche). Maybe Acura thinks the award is meaningless. But you know what? It would be great for marketing, which happens to suck or be nonexistent at best.

30+ years later and Acura is still doing the same thing.... putting out premium / entry level luxury cars. They should have moved up a tier by now. Meanwhile, the Koreans have caught up to Acura in just 10 years time. They're putting out more fun to drive cars (Kia Stinger), cars with nicer looking designs (Genesis G70, G80), and cars with road presence. If Acura doesn't watch out, the Koreans are going to pass them by real quick. They're already gunning for the luxury sport sedan segment that the Acura TLX plays in with the Genesis G70.

2019 Genesis G70 First Drive: From Seoul With Soul - Motor Trend

Next thing you know, there's going to be a Genesis supercar.

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/fra...sion-n-concept

I know the J series engine is still fairly competent, but honestly, Acura should have had a new engine(s) ready to replace it years ago. Everyone else has their V8 and turbo or super charged engines producing over 300 HP.

I could go on and on, but what's the point? I'd just be

If Acura still meets your needs, great. But some of us want and expect more from Acura.
Well put!
Old 12-29-2017, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by TylerT
Well put!
Fuck you and your audi! tthat's exactly what I said. lol
The following 4 users liked this post by justnspace:
1killercls (12-29-2017), kurtatx (12-29-2017), teh CL (12-29-2017), TylerT (12-29-2017)
Old 12-29-2017, 11:20 AM
Turd Polisher

Originally Posted by justnspace
Fuck you and your audi! tthat's exactly what I said. lol
Well put!
The following 2 users liked this post by TylerT:
justnspace (12-29-2017), teh CL (12-29-2017)
Old 12-29-2017, 11:39 AM
Team Owner

Received 4,273 Likes on 3,050 Posts
Originally Posted by F23A4
I am not sure. But the Market has been hinting Acura for years by giving them shitty sales #.... i mean what else do they need?
Old 12-29-2017, 12:43 PM
Team Owner

Received 4,416 Likes on 3,322 Posts
Originally Posted by rockstar143
I think Honda is Honda's bread and butter and they're tired of catering to the pseudo luxury crowd that's never satisfied anyway. They're happy to lose those customer's to the "higher end" brands...they'll stick to being profitable from lawnmower, pressure washer, small craft and Honda branded vehicles.
PS, fully loaded Accords are probably within 5K of the TLX...times how many more units of the Accord...

They ain't even skurred...
That doesn't make much sense. They had a whopping success of a car with the 3G TL and the 1G TSX. Those cars sold in droves. And they were awesome. And beautiful. And timeless. And kept up with the competition, to a good degree.

And then the abominations of the 4G TL and 2G TSX were birthed upon us. Mechanically, the 4G TL was an upgrade over the 3G, in many ways. But it was butt ugly. And no one wanted to pay that much for a more expensive car that was butt ugly. But... those cars didn't last long. six years... and then the TLX came along. You're telling me they lost all hope for being a desirable company in 6 years? Man. That is some weak business planning. "We made a mistake. It's getting hard! We quit!!!"

If anything, that should've lit a fire up under them. I'm guessing the problem was relatively low 4G TL/2G TSX sales led to lower R&D coffers for the 5G TLX. Gotta keep the share holders happy, so try to provide something as good... or nearly as good... on a smaller budget. Obviously, not easy... if even possible.
Old 12-29-2017, 12:47 PM
Team Owner

I wish Quattro still came with a 6MT.
Old 12-29-2017, 02:00 PM
Azine Jabroni

Originally Posted by oonowindoo
I am not sure. But the Market has been hinting Acura for years by giving them shitty sales #.... i mean what else do they need?
To me, Acura sucks because it's not a lot better than its economy brand at anything. Serious question: Why would I EVER pay for a FWD Acura sedan? Why would anyone ever do that?

The SH-AWD Acuras push well into the upscale but then other shortcomings are exposed. It's not Acura's fault per se. I have to believe it's Honda that is of fault here. BMW and Mercedes operate autonomously. Audi gets a lot of free reign from VAG. Acuras are designed like the parent company is giving little to no slack.
Old 12-29-2017, 02:02 PM
Azine Jabroni

Originally Posted by TacoBello
I wish Quattro still came with a 6MT.
I would have to try a Quattro ultra to see if it makes any difference in real life driving. It behaves a lot like SH-AWD.
Old 12-29-2017, 02:27 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by kurtatx
To me, Acura sucks because it's not a lot better than its economy brand at anything. Serious question: Why would I EVER pay for a FWD Acura sedan? Why would anyone ever do that?

The SH-AWD Acuras push well into the upscale but then other shortcomings are exposed. It's not Acura's fault per se. I have to believe it's Honda that is of fault here. BMW and Mercedes operate autonomously. Audi gets a lot of free reign from VAG. Acuras are designed like the parent company is giving little to no slack.
Truth be told, I generally only see SH-AWD TLXs around. It is rare to find them here, without. If I remember correctly, I could've sworn someone was saying that the V6s in Canada only come in AWD guise. So the only FWD car would be the I4 powered ones.
Old 12-29-2017, 03:16 PM
Azine Jabroni

Truth be told, I generally only see SH-AWD TLXs around. It is rare to find them here, without. If I remember correctly, I could've sworn someone was saying that the V6s in Canada only come in AWD guise. So the only FWD car would be the I4 powered ones.
Yeah, I think that's a thing.

Still doesn't excuse the I4, ILX, or any other FWD car. Even the RDX with it's not SH-AWD. What a let down.
Old 12-29-2017, 04:00 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by kurtatx

I like to take things more objectively. Regardless what i think of the cars, if they sell... it is not relevant about what we think.
Example: BMW.. they have gone soft since F30's introduction in 2013 and BMW owners and everyone else bitched and complained (including me) but they are selling, so we can only STFU.

In Acura's case, because their sales are bad.... and they have lost market shares, so we have every right to bitch and complain and they are legitimate and at the same time, Honda is offering great cars year after year and sometimes they are even better than their Acura's counterpart. At some point, people will question, WTF is the point of Acura?

Last edited by oonowindoo; 12-29-2017 at 04:05 PM.
Old 12-29-2017, 04:02 PM
Team Owner

That doesn't make much sense. They had a whopping success of a car with the 3G TL and the 1G TSX. Those cars sold in droves. And they were awesome. And beautiful. And timeless. And kept up with the competition, to a good degree.

And then the abominations of the 4G TL and 2G TSX were birthed upon us. Mechanically, the 4G TL was an upgrade over the 3G, in many ways. But it was butt ugly. And no one wanted to pay that much for a more expensive car that was butt ugly. But... those cars didn't last long. six years... and then the TLX came along. You're telling me they lost all hope for being a desirable company in 6 years? Man. That is some weak business planning. "We made a mistake. It's getting hard! We quit!!!"

If anything, that should've lit a fire up under them. I'm guessing the problem was relatively low 4G TL/2G TSX sales led to lower R&D coffers for the 5G TLX. Gotta keep the share holders happy, so try to provide something as good... or nearly as good... on a smaller budget. Obviously, not easy... if even possible.

I think it is more than 6 years.... when was 4G TL introduced? 2008? i think their issues are a lot longer than just 6 years. With the elimination of RSX, questionable decision on 1G RDX, WTF were they think ZDX and the RLX (RL) that no one gives a shit about
Old 12-29-2017, 06:06 PM
Banned

Received 124 Likes on 104 Posts
A4 looks like a fucking 1950's toaster compared to the TLX. Like an upside down old bathtub. LOL indeed, you just have it backwards..
Couldn't have said it better.

Come on; let those kraut-mobile owners come here EVERY SINGLE DAY to tell us how Acura is a bad brand. This is the smoking gun outlining their stupidity. Do you need more evidence ? None needed. LOL.

Last edited by Saintor; 12-29-2017 at 06:16 PM.
Old 12-29-2017, 07:07 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Saintor
Couldn't have said it better.

Come on; let those kraut-mobile owners come here EVERY SINGLE DAY to tell us how Acura is a bad brand. This is the smoking gun outlining their stupidity. Do you need more evidence ? None needed. LOL.
And we don't even need to be paid $500 per month to convince us to own those Audis and BMWs. How dumb is that?

Quick Reply: Unhappy With Your Acura?