Acura Sales Manager

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well said!
Old 09-21-2004, 08:29 PM
ric
Safety Car

Originally Posted by iamhomin

I did have the extra money and didn't get the TL, or an Audi A6, or the Volvo S60. It is not exclusively a money decision, dammit. That's the point.
Old 09-21-2004, 08:35 PM
ric
Safety Car

Originally Posted by sellnACURA
well said!
Old 09-21-2004, 09:56 PM
Racer

I'm rick james BITCH
Old 09-21-2004, 10:11 PM
The Oracle of Acurazine!

Received 44 Likes on 12 Posts
can we stop this.....

i personally love TSX..... i had it once for loaner... and its great car, the car itself attracts lots of attention... so stfu ppl if u dotn know :wtf: ur talking about....

we're all in same family here......

AND BTW I'M DA POST WHORE BITCHES...
Old 09-21-2004, 10:15 PM
The Oracle of Acurazine!

Received 44 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Dan Martin
Can't we all just be one big happy acura family? :ultraghey:

just close this thread plzzzzzzz
Old 09-21-2004, 10:18 PM
Acura Sales Manager

Game over.... Jus' move along, nothin' to see here...
Old 09-22-2004, 12:13 AM
6 speed yo!

you can't really compare the two, where i live everyone has a 04+ TL and there all old people. the TL is more luxorious than my tsx but damn, how can people bad mouth it when its related closely to a TL. dont lie cause you know it is. it has everything cept bluetooth and XM. cheap is a funnny word to describe a TSX. my moms 02 CLK has no cd player, heated seats, navigation, hid's, etc.... but it does have a V8 haha. if people want something bigger they go for the TL but people have different tastes. thats why there is so many cars to choose from. some poeple dont like TL's and some don't like TSX's. my next car is going to be a TL but spending $6k more for a V6 that gets less gas mileage and is bigger is not something needed right now for me (17)

and also i don't see the TL getting first outta car and driver reviews (got the magazine yesterday haa) and top ten best cars. hmmmm...and by the way....

dont say you don't like the TSX when you drive a AUTOMATIC LOANER....get a real tsx, buy the 6 speed.....you'll change your mind.
Old 09-22-2004, 01:04 AM
Old fart

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by ric
I test drove both the TL and the TSX as I considered my three-year company car lease. I also considered the Volvo S60, VolvoS40 (the new one, not the visually crippled one that it replaces), the Infiniti G35, the Subaru lineup et al, the Audi A4 and A6, and the BMW 3-series. My firm rules out Mercedes as pretentious, though many of our lease deals would easily cover a baseline from that vendor. I didn't consider the Saab, having driven Saabs in a day when they were not a GM product, as I felt I couldn't handle the cultureshock. I eliminated the Subarus, stalwart little mules that they are because I find them visually offensive and the interiors ill-thought out and tasteless; having learned to drive on awd vehicles decades ago, I am not prey to the notion that awd=lotsa safety. The Volvos are tanks, and drive and feel like it - nice tanks, but tanks. After some hemming and hawing, I eliminated the BMW 3-series as being something of a cliche with a really ugly butt, then tossed out the A6 as anemic.

That got me to the TL and TSX; I was frankly prepared to lease the TL on the spot, but drove the TSX for a lark, and left with that instead. The difference in the monthly lease was $50, not a significant consideration for my firm. For me, the relative size in the city is an asset, not a liability, and the handling, as you note, is very tidy; I found the TL to handle like a "big car", not the feel I want. I found the interiors in the TSX to be more understated - NOT cheap - and the seats far, far more comfortable because of their narrowness and side bolstering. The four-cylinder lacks low-end torque, but if your test drive did not include freeway or mid-range travel, you missed the opportunity to understand this car in one of its best modes - midrange and highrange acceleration are very tidy, and that, combined with the handling, makes the car both very swift and very nimble on the road. I concluded that the TL would be a very comfortable car with substantial raw power tempered by handling suited to a sturdy sedan; the TSX, with its front-wheel drive carefully tempered to control understeer, is fun to drive.

A lot can be made out of the price differential between the two cars, although both are notable for providing a great deal of car for their respective price tags, a trick Acura achieves by simplifying their assembly line, which they do, in turn, by providing very few real options. This strategy is notably different from most other manufacturers, who make their money on the option packages, frequently increasing the cost of the car by 20% to, in some cases, 100% over the "base" model. However, both the TL and TSX are "deals" in their "zone"- the TL is clearly a more sedate car, the TSX a more sporty and nimble beast. The tradeoff of the four vs six has been debated in every review of the TSX out there, I believe, but I have found, in daily driving, that I miss my old v6 rarely -

I would suggest that part of Honda's success as a niche manufacturer is that NONE of their cars are "cheap" although they have designed cars that run the gamut of personality and cost.
Awesome!!
Old 09-22-2004, 02:00 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by PalmBchTL
Just wanted to give my .2 on the TSX and ask a question. First of all I was so disappointed in the TSX. I guess from a TL that is normal but my god the car is slow. The inside is so cheap and the care makes me feel like a am driving a Civic; with the exception of the handeling. The TSX feels like it handels more like a BMW than the TL does. I have a feeling it is because of my horrible Turanza tires v the nice tires onthe TSX. I realize the TSX is smaller, but the car seems to handle better. Maybe it is because the same turn i take a 20MPH inthe TSX I take at 35 in the TL? I am glad i spentthe extra...night and day!
Man I feel the same, Just want to give my ".2" (twenty cent) I borrowed my moms TL the other day while my 600rr was getting serviced and I was very dissappointed in the TL, probably the same as you for the TSX. The TL handles like molasses compared to the rr, and don't get me started on acceleration. *end of sarcasm* I'm sure the guy with the NSX is glad he spent more than you did as well.
Old 09-22-2004, 09:13 AM
Obnoxious Philadelphian

Originally Posted by drkangel348
But seriously, were all Acura owners, with that there comes a certain unique characteristic about us, we're the smart car owners that look for near perfect form, function, reliability, peace of mind, and practicality for a reasonable price.
We're also all very attractive
Old 09-22-2004, 09:49 AM
Intermediate

I am very happy to hear all of the wonderful posts on my orig. Let me make myself a little more clear. Maybe their is a chance I got a TSX low end model, though I though it was either with or without Navi as options. I actually gave a compliment about handeling to the TSX (though ride quality suffered). Yes I have driven a BMW, several. I know They handle better than the TSX, but the TSx runs flat very similiar to the BMW. Here are some of the reasons I said the TSX was cheep: No Memseats, no one toch sun roof, no XM,no blue tooth, no Dvd A surround (and to they guy who said it sucked...maybe you should play the Eagles in DVDA next time you are in your Bosses TL. Mote plastic, yes I know we have it too, the engine was so dam loud, no subwoofer I could go on. As far as the RL being a better car I have no problem with that. As far as a NSX being faster...I hope so. As far as the TSX "performing better" come on. It may handle a little better in the mountain roads but I live in South Florida. On ramps and off ramps are about it. I can assure you, your TSX as nice as it is will get killed. By the way, I am a little out of the moding business. I am sure if your drop a Turbo in it with a blower out of the hood you can take me. Once again sorry for offending. See you in the fast lane...well maybe the rear view.
Old 09-22-2004, 10:01 AM
Obnoxious Philadelphian

I am very happy to hear all of the wonderful posts on my orig. Let me make myself a little more clear. Maybe their is a chance I got a TSX low end model, though I though it was either with or without Navi as options. I actually gave a compliment about handeling to the TSX (though ride quality suffered). Yes I have driven a BMW, several. I know They handle better than the TSX, but the TSx runs flat very similiar to the BMW. Here are some of the reasons I said the TSX was cheep: No Memseats, no one toch sun roof, no XM,no blue tooth, no Dvd A surround (and to they guy who said it sucked...maybe you should play the Eagles in DVDA next time you are in your Bosses TL. Mote plastic, yes I know we have it too, the engine was so dam loud, no subwoofer I could go on. As far as the RL being a better car I have no problem with that. As far as a NSX being faster...I hope so. As far as the TSX "performing better" come on. It may handle a little better in the mountain roads but I live in South Florida. On ramps and off ramps are about it. I can assure you, your TSX as nice as it is will get killed. By the way, I am a little out of the moding business. I am sure if your drop a Turbo in it with a blower out of the hood you can take me. Once again sorry for offending. See you in the fast lane...well maybe the rear view.
I don't know if "clear" is how I would describe that post, but to each his own

I definitely agree that all cars without DVD-Audio are crap
Old 09-22-2004, 10:07 AM
Pinky all stinky

Received 191 Likes on 118 Posts
the engine was so dam loud
The TSX has quite a bit of sound deadening under the hood. A lot of the complaints regarding the TSX is that the engine doesn't give off the usual Vtec "kick" and it's not audible. I think you're exaggerating.
Old 09-22-2004, 11:01 AM
Boy Genius

I wouldn't call the TSX cheap simply because it has "No Memseats, no one toch sun roof, no XM,no blue tooth, no Dvd A surround". The TSX slots in below the TL, and I don't expect it to have all the features or power of the TL without costing the same. Besides, I consider the features you mentioned to be nice-to-haves, but not essentials for a car in the TSX's range (and I don't think any major publications have ragged on the TSX for lacking them, either). The TSX is already very well equipped for a car in its price range compared to an Audi A4 or BMW 3 series, its main competition (not the TL).

You admitted that its handling is better than a TL, but that it wouldn't benefit you in Florida. That's fine - we all drive what suits us based on our finances, preferences, priorities, etc., but that's not a reason to go and bash the TSX. If someone lived where there were a lot of twisty roads, the TSX would probably perform better than the TL. That hardly makes the TL suck, as I'm sure you'll agree.

This whole argument is like complaining that the BMW M3 is cheap because it doesn't have all the features or power of an M5 (duh!), and I have never heard anyone try to argue that. Let's agree that the TSX and TL have different missions in life and will appeal to different people. We all chose an Acura, and I think that says something in and of itself.
Old 09-22-2004, 12:05 PM
Intermediate

Very Well put and point taken Lokman. Thanks!
Old 09-22-2004, 03:08 PM
Suzuka Master

Much better! :ultraghey:
Old 09-22-2004, 04:36 PM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
w/ Lokman

:ultraghey: :ultraghey: :ultraghey:
Old 09-22-2004, 05:17 PM
Pro

Its fun when you live in So. California and live by roads like this:

Memseats aren't essential btw, neither is DVD-A or XM... I don't need any of those since:
1) I will be the only one driving my car
2) Theres nothing I like on DVD-A
3) Tried XM with my Accord, didn't like the music on there, found it useless.
4) I have a computer (MP3s are more essential to me)

btw the TSX has more watts for its stereo, and the new 2005 TSX has XM radio.
I also think power is useless when you can't control it.
See how different cars appeal to different people?
If we all thought like you, everyone in the world would be driving TL's and Acura would only make the TL.

This is why Acura has different models, (RSX, TSX, TL, RL, MDX, NSX) so that they can appeal to all sorts of car buyers.

The NSX: the pride of japan being the pure sports car with the first aluminum frame/body setting the bar for sports cars higher when it released over a decade ago and to this day its still able to keep up with modern sports cars.

The RL: being the most luxurious with real wood, SH-AWD, real-time traffic.

The MDX: the RL's SUV counterpart

The TL: being the high quality mid-range luxury sedan with alot of power. The only car in its class to have so much attention to detail.

The TSX: the luxury sport saloon designed for track use and daily driving in mind with its incredible handling and luxury amenties.

The RSX: the tuneable sport coupe that can be a force to be reckoned with (if you hear a RSX with a BOV at a stoplight -- don't even think about it).

I very much love the TL but the TSX fitted me just right, and I will drop either a supercharger or turbo in mine soon.

This was taken from another thread:
"People insecure about their choices often knock the others to make themselves feel better."

Old 09-22-2004, 05:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by drkangel348
:ultraghey: :ultraghey: :ultraghey:
alrite that's a bit extreme...just a little huggie will do
Old 09-22-2004, 07:23 PM
Racer

PalmBchTL,

Bring your TL up here to http://www.tailofthedragon.com/ and let's do a road test of both it and a TSX. But, be warned that memory seats, DVD-A, one-touch moonroof, XM Radio, etc. will not do much for you on the roads around here. I am sure they do wonders for you in Palm Beach.

"Legend says a Dragon lives in the mountains of western North Carolina. He tests your skills on US-129 with 318 curves in 11 miles".
Old 09-23-2004, 12:43 AM
Pro

I first saw the Tail of the Dragon in some of the TSX videos on Temple of VTEC...
The Accord Coupe V6 couldn't keep up with the TSX in their comparison video on the Tail of the Dragon.

VERY impressive road, I need to go there one day.
Old 09-23-2004, 12:50 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
We talked about US-129 before. Too many bikes and other vehicles out there. It's hard to fully enjoy the roads.

drkangel348, could you show the link of that video? Thanks.
Old 09-23-2004, 05:31 AM
Racer

My 2 cents

I have a TSX loaner this week while my TL is in the shop. I ust say that the TSX has it over the TL in two areas:

1. I like the TSXs seats better, better side bolstering that helps while taking curves. The seats just seem more comfortable overall.

2. The leather. I believe the TL's leather is better quality - it is softer and supple. However, these characteristics cause the infamous butt prints and lead to earlier wrinkles (my car only has 2K miles on it). The TSX leather seems much more durable, and in my loaner with 4K miles, not one butt print.

Other than that, for my driving preference and style, I like the TL better. Hey, that's why I bought it.
Old 09-23-2004, 05:41 AM
Pro

http://www.vtec.net/articles/view-ar...icle_id=147731
You need to register for that site to view the videos I think...
Heres a writeup of those videos: http://www.vtec.net/articles/view-ar...icle_id=113992

Here are some other interesting reads/videos from that site reguarding the attention to detail underneath the TSX and TL:

TSX undercar overview:
http://www.vtec.net/articles/view-ar...icle_id=117652

TL undercar overview:
http://www.vtec.net/articles/view-ar...icle_id=197549

Originally Posted by rets
We talked about US-129 before. Too many bikes and other vehicles out there. It's hard to fully enjoy the roads.

drkangel348, could you show the link of that video? Thanks.
Old 09-23-2004, 08:49 AM
Intermediate

Drkangel,

Nice roads. Iam sure the TSX does very nice up there. Though if I were going to be enjpying those roads I think a car with close to 50/50 (BMW/G35) might do a little better. I will come up there if you promise to do a straight run on I95 or US 1 the beach route in Luderdale/West Palm. Point taken though. Thanks for the nice pics. By the way. I do understand why Acura makes different models. In my opinion the seats in the TSX are nice but in no way comapre to the looks or feel of the TL. They wrap around you like a soft leather glove. To each his own though.
Old 09-23-2004, 02:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Guy Legend
It's fine that you all like your TL, but to bash the TSX as a bad car?

Perhaps someone would like to explain why the TSX ranks 1st in Car and driver comparos and is part of the 10 best cars, neither of which the TL has accomplished.

The TL is a bigger and faster than the TSX but so is the price.

Wouldn't it be funny for a new RL owner to complain about "TL while RL in shop! Man the TL is slow, small, and the torque steer is massive! Plus the fake wood and aluminum is cheap! No SH-AWD = crap!!!"
New RL? they aint even come out yet, unless you mean the 2004, which isnt all that fast, TL-Ss are way faster. My mom got an 03, its pimp but doesnt have that much go power.

Old 12-06-2004, 08:29 PM
Not an Ashtray

Originally Posted by 1violinist
That's why the TL was awarded "Best Buy" by Consumer Guide, while TSX got no recommendation!
Er, TSX was a best buy, and also the highest scoring model in the class. In CG's somewhat questionable scoring system, the manual Nav versions (that was the only config they tested for the TSX) got the exact same score as the manual nav version of the TL.

http://auto.consumerguide.com/auto/n...x.cfm/id/38061

If you want to play magazine rating games, the TSX was on C & D's top 10 list, and was C & D's winner in the comparo for that class. The TL, in turn, was the only Acura sedan not on the list, and came in something like 3rd in the comparo for the class.

But, this is all just silly media rankings. At the end of the day, these are two excellent vehicles. The TSX is a bit more nimble (although, I really don't think the handling difference is as great as some suggest here - both cars handle great for FWD vehicles), smaller, and a bit more sporty. The TL has a much nicer ride, more power, more features, and it is somewhat bigger. The TL, RL, and TSX are excellent vehicles in their class.

I love my TSX, but think the TL is a great car and I'll probably own one someday soon.

I really don't know why some drivers feel the need to put down every vehicle that they don't own. Every owner has different needs and different values. The fact that one driver wants the larger more expensive TL, and another wants the TSX, doesn't mean that one is a bad pick or a horrible vehicle. Different strokes for different folks. These days, every vehicle in Acura's lineup is a winner.

Hansgovil - If the 2005 RL is not out yet, why is there one parked in the lot right in front of my office? The RL rollout took place several weeks ago.
Old 12-06-2004, 08:40 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Jim Holloman
...I have recently ordered a TSX. I told the salesman (he sells both Honda and Accura) that I had no idea what I wanted to buy, so he said that we would start at the bottom and work up. I started with a 4 cyl. Accord -- not enough horsepower and acceleration. I then drove a V-6 Accord. I liked it, but the front-end felt too heavy and the handling was not as crisp as I had expected (I could certainly outdrive the V-6 Accord on a curvy road with my Quad-4 Grand Am). I then drove the TSX, and then there was no need for me to drive the TL. And, as my wife said, "This is the first car that has said, 'Take me home'". Hopefully, we will be able to do that next week...."
I felt exactly the same when my wife and I test drove the Accord and the TSX back to back. We both fell in love with the crisp TSX handling...I found the TL had a luxurious interior, it's just that my heart and my wallet had eyes only for the TSX...6 months later and I am still in love...Hope you enjoy it as much next week!
Old 12-06-2004, 08:41 PM
Not an Ashtray

Originally Posted by ric

A lot can be made out of the price differential between the two cars, although both are notable for providing a great deal of car for their respective price tags, a trick Acura achieves by simplifying their assembly line, which they do, in turn, by providing very few real options. This strategy is notably different from most other manufacturers, who make their money on the option packages, frequently increasing the cost of the car by 20% to, in some cases, 100% over the "base" model. However, both the TL and TSX are "deals" in their "zone"- the TL is clearly a more sedate car, the TSX a more sporty and nimble beast. The tradeoff of the four vs six has been debated in every review of the TSX out there, I believe, but I have found, in daily driving, that I miss my old v6 rarely -

Am I the only one who thinks the TL handles just as well as the TSX? I admit that I only drove the TL once, and not under very demanding circumstances, but I was impressed. It feels a little heavier than the TSX, but there isn't much understeer or body roll.

Both cars need better tires, IMO. But, I think the TL handles great for a FWD vehicle of that size and weight.
Old 12-07-2004, 08:28 PM
Racer

Always had (and still have) a soft spot for the new TL - even if they are becoming dangerously common in my area.

Damn, what sharp looking ride!
Old 12-08-2004, 12:47 AM

Received 2,811 Likes on 1,991 Posts
i wouldnt mind having the accord or the inspire.. ahh hell wouldnt mind having the legend

the japanese models are cool cause they have HiDS (not the lights, stands for Honda inteligent driver support system) its pretty much a radar based cruise control and has a monitor to make sure you stay in your lane
and they have all these other gadgets and toys the american models dont have =[
Old 12-08-2004, 09:13 PM
Master in Science

Just wanted to give my .2 on the TSX and ask a question. First of all I was so disappointed in the TSX. I guess from a TL that is normal but my god the car is slow. The inside is so cheap and the care makes me feel like a am driving a Civic; with the exception of the handeling. The TSX feels like it handels more like a BMW than the TL does. I have a feeling it is because of my horrible Turanza tires v the nice tires onthe TSX. I realize the TSX is smaller, but the car seems to handle better. Maybe it is because the same turn i take a 20MPH inthe TSX I take at 35 in the TL? I am glad i spentthe extra...night and day!
Cheap interior?? Have you driven a Civic recently?? They don't compare. End of story.

Good thing you drive a TL. I don't have to stand your comments in the TSX forum.
Old 12-08-2004, 10:04 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by slo007
Cheap interior?? Have you driven a Civic recently?? They don't compare. End of story.

Good thing you drive a TL. I don't have to stand your comments in the TSX forum.
You don't have to worry about him, cause he hasn't been online since Oct. 26 according to his profile.
Old 12-08-2004, 10:37 PM
Intermediate

back to that Tail of the Dragon comment---that road is SWEEEEEEEEETTTTT....I dont' think that I'd enjoy it as much in my TL, but that was a blast on my R1!!!! Highly recommend for anyone into twisties...

(side note, if you go there, be careful and don't drive like an ass---i've heard of some pretty bad wrecks there...)

Of course, my R1 didn't have memory seats, dvd-a, xm, sunroof, etc
Old 12-09-2004, 08:13 AM
Obnoxious Philadelphian

Everyone is getting PO'd all over again

edit: :padlock:
Old 12-09-2004, 02:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by darth62
Er, TSX was a best buy, and also the highest scoring model in the class. In CG's somewhat questionable scoring system, the manual Nav versions (that was the only config they tested for the TSX) got the exact same score as the manual nav version of the TL.

http://auto.consumerguide.com/auto/n...x.cfm/id/38061

If you want to play magazine rating games, the TSX was on C & D's top 10 list, and was C & D's winner in the comparo for that class. The TL, in turn, was the only Acura sedan not on the list, and came in something like 3rd in the comparo for the class.

But, this is all just silly media rankings. At the end of the day, these are two excellent vehicles. The TSX is a bit more nimble (although, I really don't think the handling difference is as great as some suggest here - both cars handle great for FWD vehicles), smaller, and a bit more sporty. The TL has a much nicer ride, more power, more features, and it is somewhat bigger. The TL, RL, and TSX are excellent vehicles in their class.

I love my TSX, but think the TL is a great car and I'll probably own one someday soon.

I really don't know why some drivers feel the need to put down every vehicle that they don't own. Every owner has different needs and different values. The fact that one driver wants the larger more expensive TL, and another wants the TSX, doesn't mean that one is a bad pick or a horrible vehicle. Different strokes for different folks. These days, every vehicle in Acura's lineup is a winner.

Hansgovil - If the 2005 RL is not out yet, why is there one parked in the lot right in front of my office? The RL rollout took place several weeks ago.
revived?

because i am nearsighted and that was probably an illusion?
Old 12-10-2004, 03:01 PM
Racer

OK just to set the record straight.The TL is a SPORT and ill say it again,SPORT Lux SEDAN not just a sedan.And the TSX and TL cornering are close, just because of fraction difference in cornering doesnt mean your gonna blow my doors off my TL and if anyone wanna try i bet ill out skill most of ya.It's funny how people turn at a corner at and intersection and notice the big difference between the TSX and TL and point out how SUPERIOR the TSX is over my TL in cornering.Really they both are similar only way you'll notice the difference is at speeds which most of ya dont have the skills to do.The TSX and the TL are BOTH Lux Sport Sedan's.The TL is a step higher in most ways except for a fraction in cornering at speeds most will never go and yes I've been at those speeds with my TL and TSX.
Old 12-10-2004, 06:33 PM
Old fart

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
this thread is still going...

TSX NOT= TL
TL NOT= TSX