Traded TL for MB: Finally a fix for dashboard rattles and thin leather!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2004, 11:17 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rick.. Did you get the C230 with the sport amg package?? If soo your car looks hot man! Just take off the C230 badge and people are going to think you are driving in a C55! Good buy, you will love the car.
Old 11-28-2004, 11:28 AM
Instructor

Stop asking me questions, Neorick is going to get pi$$ed at me. But yes, I did get the Sport package, Diamond Black with Ash leather.
Old 11-28-2004, 11:33 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Honestly, who cares what Neorick thinks or says. But once again good luck
Old 11-28-2004, 11:38 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 66 Likes on 28 Posts
Old 11-28-2004, 12:20 PM
Photoshops, and Polls!!!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Neorick is a sensible guy, so just leave it at that

anyways...i noticed the name of this thread is now changed to reflect the true content within it

EDIT: That's what Mods are for! It's also moved. -XP
Old 11-28-2004, 01:38 PM
giggity giggity giggity

Hrm. I would've waited to buy a TL just because most new/newly redesigned cars have problems in their first year of production...so I am not surprised in the least bit that the '04TLs had minor issues.

Now I haven't seen the way German's assemble their cars, versus that of the Japanese, so you got me there. However, aren't the replacement parts for German cars more expensive than that of Japanese cars?

Anyway, have fun with your MB..
Old 11-28-2004, 02:21 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by rick955i
Stop asking me questions, Neorick is going to get pi$$ed at me. But yes, I did get the Sport package, Diamond Black with Ash leather.
LOL...Rick,

After my last post here, I too just got tired of my 3month old TL and decided to trade it in for a "C230". I will have to compromise since I have been spoiled by the TL's

HLF Bluetooth
Voice Command Navi
XM radio
270 Horsepower
VSA for better handling
Climate control
The Blue LED tingy above the console.
Side view mirror adjust when in reverse

The thing that I miss the most is the user group that seems to converge at Acurazine. See I too need the approval of others when I made the decision to get the "C230" of which I had to pay extra for accesories that came standard with the TL.

I also am so happy that when I bring my "C230" to the dealer for service, they are very cheerfull and smiling( by the way I pay for them to be cheerfull) when I complained of the lackluster performance. It must be that they will charge me an arm and a leg for it...but who cares...I got lots of money and I need the attention.

I will be honest...the reason why I am still posting here at Acurazine is because
http://www.mbca.org/ group just have banner and old MBZ. THEY do not have the same the comaraderie of the Acura group.

So please...Let me stay here...I need the assurance of all Acurazine member that I made the right choice...boo hoo hoo.

Old 11-28-2004, 02:32 PM
Three Wheelin'

Wrong, the C230 is the "I have a 745i and and Aston-Martin in the garage but i just need a solid little commuter car that is socially responsible, 32mpg, car" It is also the "i'm not too concerned about where people think it falls in the line-up of benzs i like the build quality and structural rigidity of the car, car"

BTW...for the price? It costs much less than the TL....remember this is a grocery getter, the 7 is for luxury and cruising...well if it hadn't been rear-ended by an uninsured, unlicensed illegal alien last night.
LOL...this is the most self centered, pathethic comment you made.

Let me understand what you are saying - You have a 745i and Aston Martin and you need to connect with the common folks that you have to buy commuter car so you can be like one of us and look "socially responsible"? Oh baby...cry me a river I see that you have sympathy for us common folks.
Old 11-28-2004, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Neorick
LOL...this is the most self centered, pathethic comment you made.

Let me understand what you are saying - You have a 745i and Aston Martin and you need to connect with the common folks that you have to buy commuter car so you can be like one of us and look "socially responsible"? Oh baby...cry me a river I see that you have sympathy for us common folks.

OUCH!
Old 11-28-2004, 03:38 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,671 Likes on 932 Posts
IMHO, its C55 or no C class at all.
Old 11-28-2004, 03:40 PM
Mile High

C Class= Cheap Class
Old 11-28-2004, 03:44 PM
Awesome to the Max

Wrong, the C230 is the "I have a 745i and and Aston-Martin in the garage but i just need a solid little commuter car that is socially responsible, 32mpg, car" It is also the "i'm not too concerned about where people think it falls in the line-up of benzs i like the build quality and structural rigidity of the car, car"

BTW...for the price? It costs much less than the TL....remember this is a grocery getter, the 7 is for luxury and cruising...well if it hadn't been rear-ended by an uninsured, unlicensed illegal alien last night.

dude, how old are you and it must be cool having a money tree in your back yard
Old 11-28-2004, 03:51 PM

Shhhhh....don't tell Neorick, but I am still posting here. I lost about $3000 on the deal, but my sanity was worth it!

Rick

*in quiet voice* ok , i promise not to say anything...!

Old 11-28-2004, 03:52 PM
Mile High

Originally Posted by terse

Quit bitching, you have over $200,000 worth of cars, you dont need to complain and brag here
Old 11-28-2004, 07:18 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by terse
Not that I owe you or Neoprick any explanations, but here you go: I am 33, don't have a money tree, I work hard, invest right and collecting cars is my hobby, thus the Aston. Part of investing right is saving money on things that you can, thus buying a car that gets 32mpg while I am just sitting in traffic. If you can't handle it, go screw yourself.
Old 11-28-2004, 07:19 PM

sheesh.... this thread is turning a bit nazty

group hug all! GROUP HUG

:ultraghey:
Old 11-28-2004, 07:30 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Neorick
LOL...Rick,

After my last post here, I too just got tired of my 3month old TL and decided to trade it in for a "C230". I will have to compromise since I have been spoiled by the TL's

HLF Bluetooth
Voice Command Navi
XM radio
270 Horsepower
VSA for better handling
Climate control
The Blue LED tingy above the console.
Side view mirror adjust when in reverse

The thing that I miss the most is the user group that seems to converge at Acurazine. See I too need the approval of others when I made the decision to get the "C230" of which I had to pay extra for accesories that came standard with the TL.

I also am so happy that when I bring my "C230" to the dealer for service, they are very cheerfull and smiling( by the way I pay for them to be cheerfull) when I complained of the lackluster performance. It must be that they will charge me an arm and a leg for it...but who cares...I got lots of money and I need the attention.

I will be honest...the reason why I am still posting here at Acurazine is because
http://www.mbca.org/ group just have banner and old MBZ. THEY do not have the same the comaraderie of the Acura group.

So please...Let me stay here...I need the assurance of all Acurazine member that I made the right choice...boo hoo hoo.

Listen NeoPrick,

It is www.benzworld.org

It is called rear wheel drive with ESP

Mercedes called their Nav "Comand" first

Sirius Satellite Radio

Automatic Climate Control with humidity sensors and auto-recirc (try staying in auto mode when you turn on recirc in the TL)

The Benz has LEDs in the rear view mirror that illuminate the console

The mirror in the Benz moves down quickly and actually moves in to reflect the tire's proximity to the curb, unlike the acura

The 230's engine has ample torque and power for my average of 19mph on my commute

When I took my car in on Friday to get my free detail (oh yeah hand washes for life for free are included too) they gave me a loaner ML350 for the three hour inconvenience

All of the above might be part of optional packages, but at the end of the day Mercedes Benz finance offered much better lease rates that AHFC did with the exact same terms

And lastly, no I do not need to post on this board anymore, seeing as pricks like you reside here!
Old 11-28-2004, 07:33 PM

dude...chillax...

NeoRick is a cool guy...and I suspect you are too

obviously you didn't participate in the group hug i did just two posts above...

let...it...go... go drive your nice cars !!!

Old 11-28-2004, 07:44 PM
101 years of heartache...

guys let's leave him alone. Certainly it isn't going to be as reliable as an Acura, it isnt going to be as fast off the line, and the tranny won't be as good. However, the car is fun to drive, handles well (not as well as a TSX ), and has some great materials. Sure it's going to give him problems, but it's the car he wanted. Congrats on your purchase, I love the new C sports sedan's 5-spoke wheels . Enjoy.
Old 11-28-2004, 08:21 PM
10th Gear

Looked at the Benz C series today. Totally unimpressed. If it wasn't for the 3 pointed star on the front- I doubt that anyone would buy it. The interior was no better quality than the $12k Nissan Sentra that I rented from Enterprise. Based on what I saw a test drive would have been a waste of time.
Old 11-28-2004, 08:40 PM
Advanced

yo jerky, isnt it funny to see people hate each other over a frekin car? from everyone in the thread, i only see u that is tryin to break it up

RICK- my cuz has that same car and let me be the first to tell you how much i love it...the looks plus the comfort. congrats on your car, and enjoy it.....they are great cars.

everyone else- WTF? he brought a car, stop crackin on him, and if you dont have anything good to post, y would you post it at all. you guys acting like kids! leave him alone mates!
Old 11-28-2004, 09:03 PM
registered !!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
And rick u forgot the smart transmission MB has, you can take it 30 mph in reverse and then shift to D, voila' nothing happenes !!! Yeah my friends are cruel and tried all sorts of bad stuff on a loaner C230. Also not to mention, NeoRick, try turning the key to start the car when the engine is already running in our TL.... crankkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.... yeah that wont happen with the C230 either... Rick, u should stick around and post ur ass off. I have the TL, myself, no complaints, but i was much impressed with the C230 loaner that my friend got. I am sure i am forgetting tons of stuff MB has to offer... Not to mention their logoed MB service vehicles in a case ur car breaks down, as oppose to TLC we have... dam i shud shut up... haha...

Edit: Plus the laser keys, that look sharp as hell if anything.

I dun have any regrets getting the TL, but why is this guy being flamed for making his own free willed decision.
Old 11-28-2004, 09:08 PM
Mile High

IMO okay everyone has the right to like any car. But if i were looking at C Class Benz i would also have a 3 series BMW as an option, BMWs just feel more of a drivers car. Rick, your only 33 and have these sweet cars, when your 50 i can only imagine what kind of cars your gonna be pushin
Old 11-28-2004, 09:16 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
I sold my 04 TL after 11 months and bought a Benz. I am saving $120 a month, and my sanity. Yes, i have sacrificed some HP, but i have gained rock solid buil quality, good paint, perfect steering, rear wheel drive and no vibrations!

TTYL.
Rick

Well if you expect quality, you obviously haven't been reading up on M-B in the past 10 years. Thanks for the laugh though.
Old 11-28-2004, 09:36 PM

Who would win between a C230 and TL auto 04?

Some guy was checking my car out BIG time in SF today, I can't tell if he was admiring my car or wanted to race..

???

(yes, that's a coincedence as i was just writing to all ur guys about this)

oh, and he had 2 passengers...all male

I had one small 100pnd lady with me...

(if weight becomes a factor)
Old 11-28-2004, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by koolharshis
yo jerky, isnt it funny to see people hate each other over a frekin car? from everyone in the thread, i only see u that is tryin to break it up

RICK- my cuz has that same car and let me be the first to tell you how much i love it...the looks plus the comfort. congrats on your car, and enjoy it.....they are great cars.

everyone else- WTF? he brought a car, stop crackin on him, and if you dont have anything good to post, y would you post it at all. you guys acting like kids! leave him alone mates!

u know...i think that every car has its purpose...even shitty cars are suitable for a specific market segment and need.

every person has a vehicle designed for their needs... and everyone is different, so there is no reason to compare this sillyness..

very silly...yes indeed.
Old 11-28-2004, 10:43 PM
The Oracle of Acurazine!

Received 44 Likes on 12 Posts
its about time i get in here bitches......

run motha fucka run JATT IS HERE buahahhahhahha

ok i need to shut up now
Old 11-28-2004, 10:46 PM
The Oracle of Acurazine!

Received 44 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Intox1221
And rick u forgot the smart transmission MB has, you can take it 30 mph in reverse and then shift to D, voila' nothing happenes !!! Yeah my friends are cruel and tried all sorts of bad stuff on a loaner C230. Also not to mention, NeoRick, try turning the key to start the car when the engine is already running in our TL.... crankkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.... yeah that wont happen with the C230 either... Rick, u should stick around and post ur ass off. I have the TL, myself, no complaints, but i was much impressed with the C230 loaner that my friend got. I am sure i am forgetting tons of stuff MB has to offer... Not to mention their logoed MB service vehicles in a case ur car breaks down, as oppose to TLC we have... dam i shud shut up... haha...

Edit: Plus the laser keys, that look sharp as hell if anything.

I dun have any regrets getting the TL, but why is this guy being flamed for making his own free willed decision.

i can tell u regret ur purchase.... i know u want C230 so bad

Old 11-28-2004, 10:53 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Jerky
An '04 TL should have no problem beating a C230, even the TSX 6MT out accelerated a C230 Kompressor with a 6MT in a MotorTrend comparison test.
Old 11-28-2004, 11:09 PM
registered !!

Okay Jatt, i for one did not think u were as bad of a post whore as others claim u r, and how u were crying like a little bitch with that mod to not have ur post count taken down. Anyhow no i dont want the C230 bad, and yea i am very happy with my TL, i dun give a shit whether u believe that or not... I was jus taking one for the guy who was being flamed so bad for something he bought with his own moeny....

Hey i just gave u more oppurtunities to post... so g'ahead knock urself out... lets see what post #9958 has in store...LOL

Old 11-28-2004, 11:27 PM
registered !!

Wow i got a PM from Jerky. I didnt know him and Jatt are :ghey: together...

i am Jerky and i am a post-whore...
Old 11-28-2004, 11:30 PM

i didn't write that...

but i "may" have made that picture...
Old 11-28-2004, 11:30 PM
registered !!

Dun worry i took it off... But two can play this game Jerky... I got no beef with you, so back off...
Old 11-29-2004, 12:25 AM
Three Wheelin'

Listen NeoPrick,

It is www.benzworld.org

It is called rear wheel drive with ESP

Mercedes called their Nav "Comand" first

Sirius Satellite Radio

Automatic Climate Control with humidity sensors and auto-recirc (try staying in auto mode when you turn on recirc in the TL)

The Benz has LEDs in the rear view mirror that illuminate the console

The mirror in the Benz moves down quickly and actually moves in to reflect the tire's proximity to the curb, unlike the acura

The 230's engine has ample torque and power for my average of 19mph on my commute

When I took my car in on Friday to get my free detail (oh yeah hand washes for life for free are included too) they gave me a loaner ML350 for the three hour inconvenience

All of the above might be part of optional packages, but at the end of the day Mercedes Benz finance offered much better lease rates that AHFC did with the exact same terms

And lastly, no I do not need to post on this board anymore, seeing as pricks like you reside here!

See here lies the difference between us...Never once did I call you "_rick955i". You see I do not get offended by name calling. For a 33 year old guy you sure act mature. But then again I also do not need attention like you do.

I dont get it, why are you still here?. I never defamed your screen name, then so be it....you stay down there. I will be mature enough to stay calm, composed and a gentleman.

By the way..cars are meant to be driven not kept in the garage because you cant afford the gas to sit in traffic....oh i forgot you wanted us to "THINK" that you are socially responsible (gimme a break)so if you say you really have the Aston Martin and 745i then why dont you post the pics here with you in the picture. Prove it!!!

I don't believe you have both...since you started to go down a level by name calling..."Mr _rick955i". I may disagree with your selection. At least we agree to disagree.

This will be my last post for I have wasted my valuable time (us common folks have little to spare). I will look forward to see you in your aston martin and 745i, and dont rent one ok?

As I say again, enjoy your cars...and please move on...you have no reason to be here since you have sold your problem TL. I am sure the car felt the same way about you.

Sincerely,
A common folk with a small house, wife, two boys, and a simple job.
Would love to have a Porsche GT1, Aston Martin, Lambo but not practical.
I do have a matchbox and that is all I can afford.
Ohh...and I am socially responsible (in a true sense)
Old 11-29-2004, 12:36 AM
Awesome to the Max

Not that I owe you or Neoprick any explanations, but here you go: I am 33, don't have a money tree, I work hard, invest right and collecting cars is my hobby, thus the Aston. Part of investing right is saving money on things that you can, thus buying a car that gets 32mpg while I am just sitting in traffic. If you can't handle it, go screw yourself.

that's not what I meant..you were talking about your mom/dad in earlier and so i thought you were young..and then you started talking about having an aston martin and a 745i, so I thought you were like a young millionaire or possibly some fairy with a money tree in his back yard...
Old 11-29-2004, 04:40 AM
Advanced

umm.....i think a tl would win...considering the hp. mb has 189 and tl has 270, so most prob its the tl
Old 11-29-2004, 07:19 AM
Licking Platters Clean

OMG, a TL towing a TSX on a UHaul trailer could smoke a Chrysler C230! Plus the dude driving the C230 would have to stop all the time to pick up the parts that fell off.
Old 11-29-2004, 07:53 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 66 Likes on 28 Posts

This is getting nasty and repetetive. We've all been there and done that.

Think of something new to talk about.

And, knock off the personal attacks, name calling, and foul language. Trust me: you don't want XP on your case.

Locked.