Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2016, 11:05 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trade in for a new lease NOW?

Hey Acurazine!

Ok, first I will tell you this:
  1. I have a 2013 Honda Accord Sport with 20,000km
  2. My lease ends August 2017. I pay $300CDN/m.
  3. Went to a few dealerships in Canada and got quotes
  4. There are extremely good deals for me right now (info below)
  5. I am debating if I should wait for new models next year or not
Yes, my 2013 Accord only has 20,000km on it due to me being away from the country for a year. The car has very good resale value and the more I drive it, the more value it loses.

So I had free time this month and decided to test drive some cars. The cars I have in mind are: 1. Going again, with a new Accord 2. 2017 Acura TLX.

Now I will tell you the deals they are offering me. First, let's start with Honda. This dealership REALLY wants my old Accord in their second hand lot. They told me it's the end of the year and have to clear inventory? I couldn't quite catch why, but they are in need of second-hand cars. Thus, they are giving me a great offer. Trade in my old Accord, and pay NOTHING for the difference towards a new Honda lease. Furthermore, they will offer 0.99% lease rate (original 1.99%) and can even work out even more discounts to the monthly payment. This is a great deal I know, but the problem is, as much as I liked driving my Honda - I don't mind driving a different brand and model. But you would agree this offer is very good, right? Obviously, I won't be able to get this deal if I stall too long.

So, for Acura, this is Honda's "premium" brand but there aren't much TLX models on the road so it makes it unique. However, I really like the look (especially with the A-spec package). So what they're offering me is 0.99% lease rate (being from Honda family), and a $2000 incentive. They are also interested in my old Accord and can lower the monthly payment if I trade it in. Again, if I stall too long, there won't be this deal after December. I am aware that I will have to pay a lot more to lease this, but do you think the deal is still good compared to what you know about leasing cars? The car will be $45,000 with all the options included. The thing is, I know that there will be a facelift on the 2018 model and it may look even nicer.

What do you guys think? Should I wait until next year before August to see the 2018 models and hope for good promotions or take one of these deals right now? Of course, what Honda is giving me will probably beat any other offers I will get from other dealers, but I feel that I should try a new car...that's why I'm asking if any of these deals should be passed up.

Thank you for your time and I appreciate any help you can give me!
Old 12-09-2016, 05:44 AM
Your Friendly Canadian

Received 1,484 Likes on 1,048 Posts
I think more information is needed before deciding whether these are really "deals" or not Any fees in getting a new lease might just be rolled into the monthly payment.

That said, shopping around is definitely a great idea. Decide if you want a new car, then look at all your options.
Old 12-09-2016, 07:58 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,612 Likes on 2,193 Posts
To answer your question about a TLX facelift, yes, there will be, just saw the spy pics on the Temple of VTEC yesterday of a TLX with the new corporate grille.

Aman is correct, we need more details on the lease....fees, amount down, the capitalized cost, etc.. You've given the money factor already.
Old 12-11-2016, 10:26 AM
Banned

Received 124 Likes on 104 Posts
  1. My lease ends August 2017. I pay $300CDN/m.
If you are looking at a $45CA TLX, it will at least double.

I got my 2016 TLX V6 in December 2015. 0% lease over 36 mo, no down. To bring the interest down, a part came from the Honda fidelity program and I also put $3000 of multiple deposits. Interestingly it was the same 36mo lease payment as a 2016 Accord V6, before promotions.