TL won G35 lost

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2004, 12:34 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 370 Likes on 209 Posts
Originally Posted by Saintor
Bring them' on.

Anyway, some car makers should ask themselves if the 500$ (or X$) more they put in each vehicle to make it RWD was worth the effort when your biggest competitor sold twice the numbers of unit with a cheaper design FWD.

For reference.
http://www.autosite.com/editoria/asmr/svsedan.asp
Interesting. In June 2004 Motor Trend they have figures supplied by J.D. Power and Associates. They show the G35 with 26,087 and the TL with 28,802 for model year 2004 through February. I do assume that the G35 includes coupe, but other than two doors vs four, they are viturally identical cars, so I see no reason to not count them.

Not sure what any of this proves anyway.
Old 05-30-2004, 01:53 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why do so many people here care that the TL is so much better than (insert competing model here)? You bought it and I'm assuming you're going to keep it a few years so why not just be happy with it? I had one of the first MDX's delivered nationwide. It was cool being somewhat exclusive but, after a year, it was just another SUV. I also had one of the first TL-S' when they came out. It too was cool and exclusive - for about a year. The same thing's going to happen with the Gen III TL. As an observer, it seems the people you're trying to convince about the TL's omnipotence are yourselves. I've seen pictures of the new G35 interior - it's amazing and will help overcome one of the buying publics biggest objections with the car. You know what? It shouldn't matter to a current TL owner at all. Because A) you already made you choice and appear to be happy with it, and B) no matter what (insert manufacturer here) does next, your car isn't any less then at the time you chose it. It's fun to compare cars but why does it always have to get so ugly?
Old 05-30-2004, 04:12 PM
ZHP 4CE

Originally Posted by BarryH
no matter what (insert manufacturer here) does next, your car isn't any less then at the time you chose it. It's fun to compare cars but why does it always have to get so ugly?
Old 05-30-2004, 07:09 PM
Banned

Why do so many people here care that the TL is so much better than (insert competing model here)? You bought it and I'm assuming you're going to keep it a few years so why not just be happy with it? I had one of the first MDX's delivered nationwide. It was cool being somewhat exclusive but, after a year, it was just another SUV. I also had one of the first TL-S' when they came out. It too was cool and exclusive - for about a year. The same thing's going to happen with the Gen III TL. As an observer, it seems the people you're trying to convince about the TL's omnipotence are yourselves. I've seen pictures of the new G35 interior - it's amazing and will help overcome one of the buying publics biggest objections with the car. You know what? It shouldn't matter to a current TL owner at all. Because A) you already made you choice and appear to be happy with it, and B) no matter what (insert manufacturer here) does next, your car isn't any less then at the time you chose it. It's fun to compare cars but why does it always have to get so ugly?
Umm I seriously DOUBT you have seen the interior since no one else has especially people who have direct connections with Nissan at g35driver.com. lol
Old 05-31-2004, 12:28 AM
Burning Brakes

Umm, NOT that I really care what you think - but I'm a senior marketing exec and have worked with the Infiniti/Nissan people in a past life. It was over lunch and it was a portfolio of photos that were shot for the upcoming brochure. We're not talking nuclear launch codes here.
Old 05-31-2004, 01:51 AM
Instructor

Exclamation

Why do so many people here care that the TL is so much better than (insert competing model here)? ....... It's fun to compare cars but why does it always have to get so ugly?
:banghead:

because i like my G35c more than my TL

b
Old 05-31-2004, 01:55 AM
The Oracle of Acurazine!

Received 44 Likes on 12 Posts
like some one else said, can't we just get along and take out the bimmer crowd?
Old 05-31-2004, 06:50 AM
Instructor

On the Z vs G35C comparison - I'd take the G35C because I just can't get past the heideous door handles on the Z. I agree with what is new and hot today is chopped liver tommorrow. When I traded my 02 TL-S in for my 04 TL mt6 the sales manager made a big deal that I was trading in an "S" and was I comfortable with that. To me it was just a 2 year car and what I was getting was what I really wanted back on 02 -a manual 4 door with a hot motor.
Old 05-31-2004, 07:49 AM
Intermediate

I bought a G35 Coupe with Navigation in November of 2002 for $37,000. I sold it last month for $33,000 to buy the TL (I wanted 4 doors and I do not like the G sedan), and I didn't modify it one bit. I don't think the TL will resell that well after 17 months. The resell on the G35 Sedan is a totally diffeent story.
Old 05-31-2004, 10:08 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by TLove
I bought a G35 Coupe with Navigation in November of 2002 for $37,000. I sold it last month for $33,000 to buy the TL (I wanted 4 doors and I do not like the G sedan), and I didn't modify it one bit. I don't think the TL will resell that well after 17 months. The resell on the G35 Sedan is a totally diffeent story.
The G35 Coupe and Sedan have the same resale. This has been discussed before many times on the G35 forums. This is why you still see 2003 G35s going for high 20s which is close to where 04s are selling.
Old 05-31-2004, 10:17 AM
EZZ
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TLove
I was trying to buy a used G35 and the resell on those things were unreasonable. They were ONLY $1k or $2k off the MSRP of a new car and the dealers weren't giving deals. I ended up buying a new one near invoice from another state so deals can be had.

I also think the TL will have EXCELLENT resale value because they are hot! It was real close between the G35 coupe and TL (didn't like the G sedan) but I made an impulse buy for the coupe. Honestly, I wanted an auto for the TL and I don't trust Honda autos so that came into the equation (I was going to buy a G35 manual but they seem to be a little fragile). Anyway, it just goes to show that both cars are so competitive that people are willing to argue incessantly on which is the better car
Old 05-31-2004, 12:11 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Senneca01
ACURA TROLL, ACURA TROLL, ACURA TROLL, ACURA TROLL, ACURA TROLL

Look out, the Acura trolls are coming out from under their bridge again! Some of you people are so insecure about your wrong-wheel-drive over-priced Accords. Jealousy is not becoming of you, TL owners.

Chevrolet sells more Malibu's that Acura sells TL's, so that must mean that the TL is a POS too, go figure... :lol1:
So what you're saying is it takes a troll to spot one....
Old 05-31-2004, 03:01 PM
I love my G sedan

What is that ugly strips on the side of the TL? Get rid of it Acura.
Old 05-31-2004, 03:26 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by EZZ
I was trying to buy a used G35 and the resell on those things were unreasonable. They were ONLY $1k or $2k off the MSRP of a new car and the dealers weren't giving deals. I ended up buying a new one near invoice from another state so deals can be had.

I also think the TL will have EXCELLENT resale value because they are hot! It was real close between the G35 coupe and TL (didn't like the G sedan) but I made an impulse buy for the coupe. Honestly, I wanted an auto for the TL and I don't trust Honda autos so that came into the equation (I was going to buy a G35 manual but they seem to be a little fragile). Anyway, it just goes to show that both cars are so competitive that people are willing to argue incessantly on which is the better car
Seems like the TL's are doing the same thing. I looked at a couple used cars and would only save about 2k, if that. I'd rather buy a new one for an extra grand or so.
Old 05-31-2004, 04:33 PM
Advanced

Z

See, I totaly dig the door handles. That's what's so great about cars, there's something for everyone. Cars are very faddy (Hummers, Minis, PT Crusiers, etc...)

Joe

Originally Posted by vothsc
On the Z vs G35C comparison - I'd take the G35C because I just can't get past the heideous door handles on the Z. I agree with what is new and hot today is chopped liver tommorrow. When I traded my 02 TL-S in for my 04 TL mt6 the sales manager made a big deal that I was trading in an "S" and was I comfortable with that. To me it was just a 2 year car and what I was getting was what I really wanted back on 02 -a manual 4 door with a hot motor.