tickets, tickets, and more tickets

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2004, 02:59 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tickets, tickets, and more tickets

U guys been getting tickets more frequently these days? Until this year, I've never gotten a ticket in my life, except for one parking ticket. The last two months, I've been hit up with two speeding tickets (both for goin 65mph in 50), and a stop-sign ticket. The stop-sign ticket really ticked me off (FUCK YOU JERSEY COPS!!) because I did stop...just not long enough according to the cop.

I don't know wtf is going on wit cops these days...is it just me? Is it my bad luck? or has this been happening to more and more people?
Old 07-12-2004, 03:11 PM
Banned

yeah, damn'em all to hell...got nothing better to do...
Old 07-12-2004, 03:13 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I didn't get a ticket in the last 4 years, even though I travel a lot. That's probably because I'm smart enough to drive within the limits of tolerances, and am generally a courteous driver, as well as following the laws of common sense.
Old 07-12-2004, 03:19 PM
i want to ride my bicycle

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
i havent had a ticket in the last...ever *knock on wood*, I think if you drive smart you can avoid them

smart doesnt mean slow. "i cant drive 55...."
Old 07-12-2004, 03:34 PM
Intermediate

States are strapped for cash, so they are looking for anyway to increase revenue. Tickets are an easy way. Cops will stop you for anything these days.
Old 07-12-2004, 03:39 PM
Banned

Any cop will tell ya this:
"Traffic code is my best friend..."
Old 07-12-2004, 04:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Biohazard
States are strapped for cash, so they are looking for anyway to increase revenue. Tickets are an easy way. Cops will stop you for anything these days.
plus they have quotas to meet
Old 07-20-2004, 12:20 AM
Pro

NO guys the cops are only doing their jobs. They work hard and put their lives in danger everyday trying to make the world a better place. They give you speeding tickets because you going 65 is a danger to other motorists on the road. We need more cops on the street so they can get around to solving the real crimes in our society. Come on you can't expect a single cop to hand you a speeding ticket, eat a crispy creme donut, follow a bunch of teens because they got the subs turned up and stop an armed robbery in a single night. Cops have priorities just like the rest of us, so please give them a break because they are here to protect and serve.
Old 07-20-2004, 04:43 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by ks112
NO guys the cops are only doing their jobs. They work hard and put their lives in danger everyday trying to make the world a better place. They give you speeding tickets because you going 65 is a danger to other motorists on the road. We need more cops on the street so they can get around to solving the real crimes in our society. Come on you can't expect a single cop to hand you a speeding ticket, eat a crispy creme donut, follow a bunch of teens because they got the subs turned up and stop an armed robbery in a single night. Cops have priorities just like the rest of us, so please give them a break because they are here to protect and serve.
I can't believe you just said that!
Old 07-20-2004, 05:49 AM
Race Director

Received 632 Likes on 508 Posts
They give you speeding tickets because you going 65 is a danger to other motorists on the road.
That's about the lamest thing I've heard. Speed limits are set to provide the most revenue and still not upset the public - have virtually nothing to do with safety. The accident/death rate on the unlimited speed Autobahn is lower than almost any Interstate in the US.

Just chalk up the tickets to just another tax, with the policeman being the collector.
Old 07-20-2004, 06:12 AM
The Voice of Reason

Originally Posted by biker
The accident/death rate on the unlimited speed Autobahn is lower than almost any Interstate in the US.
Completely true .. and amazing! Like the Autobahn, the US Interstate Highway System was designed for safe driving at 100mph, and that was before the invention of ABS, airbags, or even seat belts and head restraints! On the Autobahn you probably won't see too many "left lane bandits" at 50mph in their SUVs, on their cell phones munching on their Big Macs... problem is most 'mericans don't know how to drive in the first place.

Were I ever made Emperor, the first thing I'd do would be outlaw automatic transmissions, that would definitely cut down on the traffic!

If you drive a lot or if you drive fast, or if you drive fast a lot, you NEED a radar detector!
Old 07-20-2004, 06:34 AM
Race Director

Received 632 Likes on 508 Posts
Originally Posted by bob shiftright

Were I ever made Emperor, the first thing I'd do would be outlaw automatic transmissions, that would definitely cut down on the traffic!
and driving habits would improve too.
Old 07-20-2004, 07:27 AM
Moderator Alumnus

at biker and bob shiftright.

BTW ks112, you can't compare speeding to drinking, then driving (in case you were thinking just that). It's just not the same thing, and it's not viewed the same way socially either, though many officials would love it to be seen that way.
Old 07-20-2004, 10:18 AM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
That's about the lamest thing I've heard. Speed limits are set to provide the most revenue and still not upset the public - have virtually nothing to do with safety. The accident/death rate on the unlimited speed Autobahn is lower than almost any Interstate in the US.

Just chalk up the tickets to just another tax, with the policeman being the collector.
But then again a drivers license in the US is much too easy to come by and all sorts of incompetent/idiot drivers have them. Penalties for breaking traffic laws are much more severe in Germany (from what I've read) so you have much more knowledgeble, competent, drivers on the Autobahn than you would on I-10. CHP here in California tend not to ticket you if you drive consitantly and safely at the prevailing speed (generally around 70 mph. However, if you're doing 65 and constantly change lanes, or tailgate, or otherwise become a hazard to the other drivers around you then, yes, you will get a ticket. I tend to agree with ks112. The cops won't single you out unless you give them reason to. And you won't get a ticket if you don't break the law. So if you do speed and get a ticket, don't complain. The cops have a hard job so we should ease up on them.
Old 07-20-2004, 10:41 AM
Obnoxious Philadelphian

Old 07-20-2004, 10:54 AM
04 remembrance

So when I used to drive a TL, I never received any tickets. Nada. I was a happy person.

Then, after my TSX purchase, I was hit with "careless driving" and massive parking tickets (I think 6?). Now I'm not saying I'm not the one to blame, but the careless driving ticket could've been avoided if it were any other cop.

I don't know why that fat person considered "turning" an act of careless driving.

That bastard.
Old 07-20-2004, 11:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
6 tickets...ouch
Old 07-20-2004, 11:46 AM
Go Dutch !

Damn... just got another one for speeding... another 90 euro's down the drain (129Km/h when 100Km/h permitted). I seem to be having a lot of bad luck lately as I just paid a 204 euro fine for speeding. F@ckers were hiding behind some bushes at 23:00! I don't get it, open road with 4 lanes and not a single car at 23:00. Getting home after a long days work, not endangering anybody... I understand a speedlimit during the day when there is traffic, but they should just give it free during the late hours... At least with roads where there are no houses nearby (noise)... I guess I better hide this one from my wife
Old 07-20-2004, 01:02 PM
Pro

hey guys if i see a cop hiding in the bushes with a radar gun and i yell out why don't you go solve a real crime. Do you think he'll pull me over and give me some BS fine. Cuz after all i am just expressing my own opinion right, techincally i am not insulting them in any way shape or form.
Old 07-20-2004, 01:08 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by bob shiftright
Completely true .. and amazing! Like the Autobahn, the US Interstate Highway System was designed for safe driving at 100mph, and that was before the invention of ABS, airbags, or even seat belts and head restraints! On the Autobahn you probably won't see too many "left lane bandits" at 50mph in their SUVs, on their cell phones munching on their Big Macs... problem is most 'mericans don't know how to drive in the first place.

If you drive a lot or if you drive fast, or if you drive fast a lot, you NEED a radar detector!
umm sorry to say i still eat big mac and talk on cell phone when i drive sometimes and i drive a manual i am sure there are lot of other people that also do this. besides on the highway there is no difference between auto's and manuals unless your weaving in and out of traffic shifting between 4th and 5th, in which case you would be causing danger to other motorists on the road.
Old 07-20-2004, 01:15 PM
Pro

c'mon man haven't you read my other post. I was being sarcastic, apparently sauceman was the only one got it and he got a out of it. Trust me i don't like po po anymore then you do, i honestly want to follow a po po around all day and just see what he or she does. I wanna see how many real crimes they attempt to solve or stop. Cuz from what i see all they do is drive around, stop people for "speeding" follow around kids, give bicyclists tickets because they don't have their helmets on yup thats the law in canada. Then at night they go around bust up house parties, dump people's liquer, give me a ticket for pissing on the street and then they go home. Funny how on days off either themselves or their kids do the exact same things they try to stop when they're on duty.
Old 07-20-2004, 01:33 PM
Advanced

ks112...i agree with you, i laugh at your statement on eating doughnuts, tickets and solving real crime, not to mention chasing teens, esp at the same time. what gets me is that cops are getting more with the ot because of national security. two i know from the gym got paid so much for ot, they made over 100k in six months!! brought a brand new vette with cash.
Old 07-20-2004, 02:00 PM
Banned

hey guys if i see a cop hiding in the bushes with a radar gun and i yell out why don't you go solve a real crime. Do you think he'll pull me over and give me some BS fine. Cuz after all i am just expressing my own opinion right, techincally i am not insulting them in any way shape or form.
why don't ya try that & come back tell us how it goes
Old 07-20-2004, 02:17 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by kenk25
ks112...i agree with you, i laugh at your statement on eating doughnuts, tickets and solving real crime, not to mention chasing teens, esp at the same time. what gets me is that cops are getting more with the ot because of national security. two i know from the gym got paid so much for ot, they made over 100k in six months!! brought a brand new vette with cash.
now aint that some shit, we pay taxes so po po can drive vets. Gee i wonder if they drive their vets under the speed limit.
Old 07-20-2004, 02:22 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by iron_chef
why don't ya try that & come back tell us how it goes
I can't because i am a colored person therefore the cops'll chase me down and gang beat me with their sticks. Need a white person to do this test.
Old 07-20-2004, 05:19 PM
Banned

I can't because i am a colored person therefore the cops'll chase me down and gang beat me with their sticks. Need a white person to do this test.

That shit happens in Canada too eh ?

(back in action...free! free! free!)
Old 07-20-2004, 07:10 PM
Pro

cops are the same everywhere in the world. When you or I experience personal problems we tend to vent to our friends and family, cops can take it out on you and I. I'd hate to be pulled over by a female officer whom just found out her husband has been cheating on her.
Old 07-20-2004, 07:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by kenk25
more with the ot because of national security. two i know from the gym got paid so much for ot, they made over 100k in six months!! brought a brand new vette with cash.
And in the mean time our ed system is going down the sewer...
Osama is still hurting our anus....isn't he....urrgh f**k it all !