Those w/ car buying experience....

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 03:22 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Those w/ car buying experience....

(kinda long)
Ok, my girl got a car from a used dealership. She put some down, and is on a 48 month plan to pay it all off. She's not working at the moment. Now, in order for them to have sold her the car, they went through her SCHOOL credit union (that was a week ago, when she bought the car). But now the school credit union is taking it back because she is unemployed, however the dealership has found another credit union willing to give the same % and everything. So, we have to go to the dealership and re-sign papers for this new credit union. My question is ... do we have any leverage here? Like, if we don't sign, is it going to screw us over, or the dealership? What exactly would happen?

The reason i ask this is not because i am willing to screw over the dealership (they were pretty good guys, although they took us, cuz my girl just COULDN'T hold back her excitment), but i just wanna know if i got them by the balls!! We got a used car, and there are little things here n there that aren't good, i was gonna see if they would take care of that for us. I'm not a shady person, i wouldnt' screw over a business because of something technical (the deal was made, both sides agreed to it and shook hands, in my book that's more important than a signature), but i just wanna know if i got something against them that mabye i can use to my benefit

mabye a free detail job, or fixing the damn holes they screwed INTO the bumper, since jetta's don't have a front license plate holder (i wanna take it off for a clean look)
Old 04-12-2005, 03:54 PM
Rooting for Acura

Received 1,767 Likes on 806 Posts
Sounds like she needs to just sign the new loan and be done with it. It is not the dealerships fault that the credit union overlooked the loan application. If you should go after anyone it should be the credit union. But since the dealership has found another lender with the same rate, going after the credit union becomes pointless.

No job and buying a car? She is lucky to have had got a car period. I truly hope she can pay the note and keep the car.
my
Old 04-12-2005, 04:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by knight rider
Sounds like she needs to just sign the new loan and be done with it. It is not the dealerships fault that the credit union overlooked the loan application. If you should go after anyone it should be the credit union. But since the dealership has found another lender with the same rate, going after the credit union becomes pointless.

No job and buying a car? She is lucky to have had got a car period. I truly hope she can pay the note and keep the car.
my
I'm not "going after" anyone. I'm just seeing if i'm in a position where they owe me a favor (just a lil one, nothing big). I gotta drive my ass 40 min to see them and sign a paper for somethign that is between them and the credit union (since the dealership is the ones that set it all up).
Oh, *knock on wood, hopefully everything as far as payments should be fine. We have enough money saved up to have bought the car straight up, but decided to do it over time in order to help build credit. It's a 48 month plan, we plan on paying it off hopefully in about 16 (not too long as to pay too much interest, but not too short as to piss off the credit union).
Old 04-12-2005, 04:07 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
The dealer was nice enough to find another solution to get you the car. I dont think you should ask for anything more than they already gave you. If it wasnt for the dealer, you would not have gotten the car and had to go thru a different bank with a higher interest rate. Take the car and forget about it.
Old 04-12-2005, 04:12 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by pebecl97
The dealer was nice enough to find another solution to get you the car. I dont think you should ask for anything more than they already gave you. If it wasnt for the dealer, you would not have gotten the car and had to go thru a different bank with a higher interest rate. Take the car and forget about it.

now i feel low down and dirty

if they gave me a certain deal w/ certain financing, and the people THEY dealt w/ backed out, how is it doing ME a favor?? aren't they just saving their own ass by not breaching the contract?

I may have came off wrong, i'm not trying to jack them or nothing, just something small....like refinishing the front rub strip where they drilled INTO.
Old 04-12-2005, 04:17 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I thought your girl's credit union backed out?
Old 04-12-2005, 05:18 PM
Banned

^^yes, this is true
since the dealership made the deal w/ the credit union, i was under the impression that it would be their fault, not ours....mabye i'm wrong.

eh, fuck it, i'm leaving right now just to go take care of it

i'm just shady like that seeing if i could get something for nothing (not really nothing, its 1.5 hours of driving, and you know how goddamn expensive gas is in cali).