There's an intake in my rental!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2004, 06:51 PM
CL-S retired 10.17.06

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There's an intake in my rental!

Sup fellas, if yall remember my wife's ride got jacked w/ a hit and run and the whole driver side is fuked up. Brought it to the shop that fixed my ride when I hit a deer and the guy doesn't even look at it for 2 minutes before he said it was totaled. He asked what year, miles and showed me the KBB value. High 5k and low 3k. The car is in fairly good condition. Only has 80k miles and always serviced. So the car has about 5k in damages. My wife was heartbroken cuz she loves her car. Insurance will most likely go w/ what the shop says and total it. Sucks that they won't give us shit for it. Anyway the rental we got from Enterprise is pretty nice. It's a Mazda 6 and I'll tell you, this is a pretty nice car. It handles pretty good, a little floaty but it handles. Has dual exhaust, nice gauge layout and illumination. I almost freaked out cuz I thought it had Navi hidden behind the center console, turns out to be like a drink holder or something???? Anyway, I was jealous as hell everytime I closed the doors on this fukin thing cuz it felt so solid. Y'know what I'm talking about right? You get that nice tight whoosh and the door closes solid? Its pretty roomy in the back, nice trunk space too. Now for the drivetrain, its auto w/ ss just like the CL but I think its only a 4 speed. Acceleration is good too, to downshift you shift up and to upshift you go down. Pretty weird at first but you get used to it. Gas mileage is awesome too cuz we went up to Sac yesterday and didn't even use half a tank like I normally would in the CLs. Overall, this by far was the best rental I've ever had. Oh yea, the first day I had it, i turned off the car and I hear the sucking of air. I turned the car on and off and sure enough I heard the intake. This was probably someone's car before. I haven't looked under the hood cuz I'm too lazy and its starting to get hot in CA. I would probably buy this car if I was in the market for a 4 dr mazda.
Old 06-14-2004, 07:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nice review of the Mazda 6