Test drove MDX, 4G TL, G37, and IS 350 yesterday...

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 06:28 PM
is out, so the

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Test drove MDX, 4G TL, G37, and IS 350 yesterday...

I originally wanted to test drive the 328i/335i twins to see what all the fuss is about. It seems they win every comparison, so I wanted to see what it was like to drive one...

I'm not buying, just testing them out. I will have to replace my TLS one day, so why not? I had an appointment to get my SRS light fixed, but didn't make it in time and the techinician left. lol I was curious about the 4G TL, so why not?

I wanted to drive the SH-AWD model, but the only one they had was a black on black 6 speed. I can drive a manual but I don't trust myself enough with a 40K car. So, I was stuck with a FWD TL. The TL I drove was a 2009 Palladium Metallic with Tech package. The dealer installed the 19" wheels on it too. I'm a fan of the TL's styling so no complaints there. The saleswoman knew everything about the car, and showed me how to work the nav, weather radar and all the other cool stuff. I was really impressed with the interior craftsmanship. Nothing squeaked or rattled. The design is very attractive and the nav screen is nice and bright. Its also really clear. The seats were nicely contoured and supportive. Headroom was nice, and backseat room was plenty. Most legroom I seen all day. Trunk was pretty big, but the opening was kind of small. Gauges were cool to look at, but the steering wheel was small? The center stack is pretty confusing to use on the highway too. I'm sure you would get used to it, but all you really need is the voice activation button. I felt really dumb talking to the car. Maybe you get used to that too? The ride wasn't as smooth as I thoguht it would be. The 19's made it really choppy. The road we took wasn't the smoothest though... Performance was good around town, but I felt like the engine was working a little harder though... My 2G TLS shifts around 3K and this TL was shifting at like 3,700K to keep up with traffic. The 3.5 does love to rev though. They build really easy and the engine is smooth. "S" mode on the transmisson works good, but the paddle shifters are a little slow. The ride was smoother on the highway and the windnoise is minimal. Passing power was disappointing though. It wasn't inadequate, but I expected a little more push... VTEC wasn't very distinctive either. My TLS felt faster and has a sweeter engine sound too. Handling was pretty good, and cornering was flat. Overall, it felt like my TLS's engine performance with added weight, features, and better handling. I expected a better advancement over a car thats almost 8 years old. Still, I liked it. I think I would've liked it better if it would've been an AWD model. I'm going back to test drive one.

I like the MDX, so I drove one. lol It was Palladium Metallic?/Taupe with Tech package and power liftgate. The interior is nice and the stack is attractive. I love the meaty seats, but the 3rd row is lacking. It didn't have heated rear seats either? AWD display was fun, but no instant mpg? Over it's 51 mile long life, the mpg average was 12.5. It wasn't as smooth as I expected, but it had good handling. I thought it was pretty sluggish in 1st gear during regular city driving. Passing power was pretty decent considering engine size vs. weight and size. Still, it was no rocket. I like the style, performance, and features. If I were actually buying one, I'd get it before they mess up that sweet grille. MDX FTW!

I went across the street to the Infiniti dealership to try out the G37. I picked out an Obsidian Black on Ebony 2009. I was scared when the salesman started it. It made a horrible exhaust sound and I thought it was about to die. The idle was uneven for a while. After about a minute though it cleared up. In its defense, it only had 2 miles on it. Probably hadn't been started in forever. There is just something about the G that repels me. Interior is plain, but has cool features. Like the fact that the gauge cluster moves with the steering column and that the steering column is powered is cool. Something that was lacking in the TL. The seats were nice, but not as good as the TL's. This one didn't have nav and was still 37K! Then you turn onto the street and realize why everyone likes them. It was smoother than the TL, but only had 18's. The exhaust sound is nasty, and the engine growls with authority. Its a beast car. They have pretty good acceleration too. It definitely left the TL behind. It sounded good too. I had my mom with me and she said she liked the G the best. She loved the exhaust and engine sound. It was her favorite. I thought I would like the G better after a test drive, but I didn't. From it's plain gauge faces, to uninspiring interior to every-other-car styling it just doesn't pull me in. I thought the G37 was lacking a little refinement. For instance, I had my hand on the shifter while driving. I could feel vibrations from the transmission through the shifter. And when it was changing gears, the shifter would vibrate harder. I do think the G37 coupe looks way better though...

And then I saw a dark gray 08 IS 350 with the black chome 18's. I ran for a salesman. lol It had a black interior and was noticeably smaller than the others. I sat in the backseat and my knees touched the front seats. The front seats felt a little small, but wasn't uncomfortable. The windshield is very short. The seats were nice, and the dash was attractive. It wasn't as cool as the TL's, but it was better than the G's. It had a touchscreen nav as well as all the other goodies. The seats were cooled too, something that the TL and G both lacked. It has a power rear sunshade also, something the other two didn't have. It had the smoothest ride of them all, and was the most fun. This was the first salesman not to go with me. I had to let the beast free. I was at a stopsign turning left. I punched the gas and turned the steering wheel left. The car was sideways through almost the entire intersection. It was a four lane highway too. (BTW, there were no other cars around, we were behind a bunch of office buildings.) The tires were screaming the whole time. I loved it. That thing hauled ass to. Cruising at 30, punch it and there is a 2 second pause, then WHAM, your flying towards 60. It was so much fun. Even just driving around town was alot more fun. It was small with alot of power. Like a really refined go cart with a V8 engine. The V6 had a higher pitched whine too. Didn't sound as good as the G's. It also wasn't as eager to rev as the TL. It took forever for the IS to get to redline where the TL was there really quick. A red ring forms around the rpm gauge when your approaching redline too. Paddle shifters were fast too. Overall, it was nice, but too small. On a side note, this particular IS seemed a little beat on. I was told a salesman had it. The thing had swirls ALL over it, a product of the $5 car wash. It also had way too many misc. scratches/scrapes you'd expect from an 08. It was kind of sad. I had the biggest emotional attachment to that car. It's one of those things that you like, but know you would hate to live with it everyday. It had 37,XXX miles on it and was on the lot for $33,595.

For everyday use, I would go with the TL or IS 350. The G bores me to death. I like the TL for its edgy styling, awesome interior and great features. I like the IS for its smooth ride, great performance and sexy exterior. I think I would pick the TL over the IS if I had tried out an AWD model. The TL felt like it had a fake sportiness to it. If you drove normally, it felt sporty. Once you started pushing it, it didn't want to be treated like a real sport sedan.

Engine: G37 / IS / TL

Suspension: IS / G37 / TL

Exterior: TL & IS / G37 (TL and IS tie because they are good for different reasons.

Interior: TL / IS / G37 (TL > all other cars for that matter.)

Comfort: TL / G37 / IS

Wow Factor: TL & IS / G37 (TL and IS tie because I like the TL's edgy exterior, cool features, and nice interior, I like the IS's performance, smooth ride, and sexy exterior.)

Fun Factor: IS / G37 / TL

I'm going back when they get an AWD model, as well as to test out the CTS, C300/C350, A4, and 328i/335i. I didn't have enough time to get to the others.

Last edited by Allen-; 11-01-2009 at 06:30 PM.
Old 11-01-2009, 07:43 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,016 Likes on 1,435 Posts
The reason the 328/335 trumps all is because it has everything that all you listed aboved lacked. It handles perfectly while remaining comfy. It roars when you want it to and whispers when you want it to. Plus you have great craftsmanship and a whole much of mod's available for it.

If I were in the market to replace a second gen TL-S, I'd look at the G37 or the 3 series, maybe the A4 as well.
Old 11-01-2009, 07:55 PM
is out, so the

I'm not replacing my TLS anytime soon. I may in a year or so. I don't plan on having payments anytime in the future. I'll move up to a 1G TSX, save a little, 06+ TSX, save some more, 06+ TL, save a little, you get where this is going. I hate interest. lol

I drove them just for fun and for some extra motivation. lol Lexus, Infiniti, and Acura all the way. I can't take anything thats unreliable.
Old 11-01-2009, 07:57 PM
is out, so the

I do see you have an MDX. They had a super nice CPO 2008 MDX Sport there. It was beautiful, PWP, Parchement interior, power liftgate, nav. It had like 35,XXX miles on it.

They are sweet SUVs. I really liked watching the SH-AWD Display. Its fun to watch where the power is going... Easily causes an accident.
Old 11-01-2009, 08:09 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Allen-
I'm not replacing my TLS anytime soon. I may in a year or so. I don't plan on having payments anytime in the future. I'll move up to a 1G TSX, save a little, 06+ TSX, save some more, 06+ TL, save a little, you get where this is going. I hate interest. lol

I drove them just for fun and for some extra motivation. lol Lexus, Infiniti, and Acura all the way. I can't take anything thats unreliable.
My friend, you are one of the few ideal people with a sense of finances! a big to you. If you can't afford it, don't buy it!

That is a very good plan, if anything you may be able to jump up to an 05 TSX in a bit, then then take the leap to the TL. You loose less in depreciation and have the feeling of having your own thing for a while. All of those brands are great!

I do see you have an MDX. They had a super nice CPO 2008 MDX Sport there. It was beautiful, PWP, Parchement interior, power liftgate, nav. It had like 35,XXX miles on it.

They are sweet SUVs. I really liked watching the SH-AWD Display. Its fun to watch where the power is going... Easily causes an accident.
The MDX is a great car for what it is. The only thing I dislike about my 07 is how noisy the interior is. Trying to have a conversation at about 60 can be a PITA sometimes as there's wind noise, the whistling from the A/C (07 issue), road noise, etc. Other than that it's been rock solid, not giving me any problems or anything, not even a dead battery yet!
Old 11-01-2009, 08:31 PM
is out, so the

I really liked the one I drove. The one I drove wasn't a sport so it didn't have the comfort mode. It wasn't smooth enough for my tastes, but I really liked it. It had alot of cargo room behind the 2nd row.

My plan is doing pretty good. The only thing is I have to keep trading up to popular, easy to sell models. Thats why I chose the TSX. It would be easy to sell, and its a desirable car. On top of that, you have to trade up often or the car starts depreciating too much. Then you start losing money. Other than that, the cars just keep getting better.
Old 11-01-2009, 08:45 PM
I'm the Firestarter

Received 753 Likes on 453 Posts
Originally Posted by csmeance
The reason the 328/335 trumps all is because it has everything that all you listed aboved lacked.
What it lacks is a decent interior. The 3-series interior looks like it was designed in the 80's and built with materials from the 80's, compared to the cars above. The gauges and especially the controls are boring as hell and the flat dash looks like an old piece of furniture.
Old 11-01-2009, 09:22 PM
Punk Rocker

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts
Hmmm, I like both my G37S and my IS350!
Old 11-01-2009, 09:46 PM
is out, so the

I drove the G37 sedan. I actually like the G37 coupe, and wish I would've drove it instead. When I go back, I'll definitely look at the coupe. They had about 6 or 7 convertibles out there. Whats up with the really weird antenna on the trunk? Its hideous. Coupe looks way better than the sedan. Almost enough to make up for the sort of boring interior. Plus, the car I drove didn't have nav, so it wasn't as nice as it could've been.

I really liked the IS. I had an emotional attachment to it. It was so beautiful in the dark gray.

New G is on the way, correct?
Old 11-01-2009, 10:30 PM
I drive a Subata.

Received 2,603 Likes on 1,571 Posts
I don't know why but IS350 never impressed me. I drove it a few times. Yes, the acceleration is very quick and all, but never really enjoyed it. I like the twisties more than the straight line.. probably that's why.

On the other hand, TL-s, 328, 335, and G37 were all VERY fun. They felt like they wanted to go fast whether it's twisties or straight up highway..
Old 11-01-2009, 11:21 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 638 Likes on 276 Posts
Originally Posted by Belzebutt
What it lacks is a decent interior. The 3-series interior looks like it was designed in the 80's and built with materials from the 80's, compared to the cars above. The gauges and especially the controls are boring as hell and the flat dash looks like an old piece of furniture.

True. This is so gross.

Old 11-02-2009, 02:20 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I notice Audi and Mercedes drivers get very defensive when somebody praises BMW...
Old 11-02-2009, 03:17 AM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Received 846 Likes on 526 Posts
It's no surprise that you the TL to be not very sporty, the FWD TL is more like a ES350..it's made for ride comfort, but as soon as you put some 19" wheels on it..then the ride comfort advantage would disappear.....
Old 11-02-2009, 07:43 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by majin ssj eric
Hmmm, I like both my G37S and my IS350!
Old 11-02-2009, 07:56 AM
Fahrvergnügen'd

Received 1,569 Likes on 986 Posts
Originally Posted by Shift_Acura
I notice Audi and Mercedes drivers get very defensive when somebody praises BMW...
It's just that we're a step below Acura drivers that get defensive when someone praises ANY car
Old 11-02-2009, 09:07 AM
Punk Rocker

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts
Originally Posted by charliemike
It's just that we're a step below Acura drivers that get defensive when someone praises ANY car
Old 11-02-2009, 09:18 AM
My Garage

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I love the interior of my 3. In fact I think it looks so nice, I refuse to tint the windows so people can see the interior from the outside. It's beautiful saddle brown leather, very functional, no BS lights and buttons.

I've said it before, but the 3 series interior is like a business suit, it's simple and elegant. Not flashy or complicated, but classy and purposeful.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:53 AM
I'm the Firestarter

Originally Posted by Crazy Acura
True. This is so gross.
It's not gross, it's just nothing special and feels sub-par compared to other cars in that price range IMO.

And in this picture you can't tell that the plastics are hard and the leather feels low-quality. I didn't feel that way until I actually sat down in a brand new 3-series, before I thought though the lines of the interior looked old-style and... what's the opposite of sleek?
Old 11-02-2009, 10:01 AM
I'm the Firestarter

Originally Posted by GIBSON6594
I love the interior of my 3. In fact I think it looks so nice, I refuse to tint the windows so people can see the interior from the outside. It's beautiful saddle brown leather, very functional, no BS lights and buttons.

I've said it before, but the 3 series interior is like a business suit, it's simple and elegant. Not flashy or complicated, but classy and purposeful.
If you're looking for a "classic" look, the straight and simple dash (and usually wood) on the bimmers is right up your alley, because it is an "old" look, the completely opposite of the "space ship cockpit" look in an Acura.

I liked the E46 interior, back when they had the driver-oriented thing going and which Audi very successfully uses now. Kind of telling that BMW went back in time with their design while Audi went into the high-tech driver-oriented direction... that used to be BMWs thing. Personally I like the interior to match the exterior, a car like the 3-series coupe looks edgy and aggressive and could use a cockpit to match.
Old 11-02-2009, 10:05 AM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
It's not gross, it's just nothing special and feels sub-par compared to other cars in that price range IMO.

And in this picture you can't tell that the plastics are hard and the leather feels low-quality. I didn't feel that way until I actually sat down in a brand new 3-series, before I thought though the lines of the interior looked old-style and... what's the opposite of sleek?
Dull, raised, rough, ungroomed, unkempt.
Old 11-02-2009, 10:20 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by csmeance
The reason the 328/335 trumps all is because it has everything that all you listed aboved lacked. It handles perfectly while remaining comfy. It roars when you want it to and whispers when you want it to. Plus you have great craftsmanship and a whole much of mod's available for it.

If I were in the market to replace a second gen TL-S, I'd look at the G37 or the 3 series, maybe the A4 as well.
Yeah I agree plus the IS250/350 have a claimshell of a back seat. To be a 4 door sedan, the interior volume is lacking.

My wife but the first year remodel so she's got the 2006 325i. Yes she was hot when 3 months later, they changed the number to 328. My point is, it has the same engine as the 330. Since she bought it, I chipped it and changed out the exhaust and intake. She's now pushing 255 hp on her daily driver. I loved my Audi, love my CLS6 but man, every time I drive her car, I say to her, "man this is the best driving car I've ever driven as a daily driver!"
Every time she takes it in to get an oil change I make sure she takes it in on a Friday afternoon so I can play with the 335 loaner all weekend. That freaking car is amazing. That twin turbo setup even in auto is a beast.
Old 11-02-2009, 11:01 AM
'10 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Nice write up, my father recently leased an '09 MDX, I didn't find the interior to be all that. I thought it was rather plain, as a matter of fact. I haven't had a chance to drive it, but I don't think I am missing much as the car is probably a bit underpowered for it's size. I doubt it'll be much faster than the '04 MDX we had previously.

Also I wanted to share that I feel the same way about the voice activation, it feels so odd talking to the car. It feels very uncomfortable for me, it doesn't seem natural. The biggest problem is that it doesn't understand my commands, lol.
Old 11-02-2009, 03:12 PM
Senior Moderator

I felt the same way about it, I thought it was butt ugly. I had the 3 series as a loaner a few times and it's grown on me quite a bit. It's ergonomic, simple, and elegant, like a business suit as another member stated.
Old 11-02-2009, 04:31 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,671 Likes on 932 Posts
Originally Posted by iforyou
It's no surprise that you the TL to be not very sporty, the FWD TL is more like a ES350.......
That's enought to make 4G TL owners gasp with indignation. But,

The G bores me to death.
I'm not certain I could ever consider a car boring when it can pull a 13.7 @ 103mph with an auto tranny and a naturally aspirated V6. No, boring is my 07 AV6.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:00 PM
6th Gear

Originally Posted by F23A4
I'm not certain I could ever consider a car boring when it can pull a 13.7 @ 103mph with an auto tranny and a naturally aspirated V6. No, boring is my 07 AV6.
Hehe, I think he meant the interior is plain and boring, not the engine. I have driven a few G35s, but not G37. While I loved my last Infiniti I30, I think the TLs are in a whole other league.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:03 PM
6th Gear

If you're looking for a "classic" look, the straight and simple dash (and usually wood) on the bimmers is right up your alley, because it is an "old" look, the completely opposite of the "space ship cockpit" look in an Acura.

I liked the E46 interior, back when they had the driver-oriented thing going and which Audi very successfully uses now. Kind of telling that BMW went back in time with their design while Audi went into the high-tech driver-oriented direction... that used to be BMWs thing. Personally I like the interior to match the exterior, a car like the 3-series coupe looks edgy and aggressive and could use a cockpit to match.
I think we have a TL fan here .. I totally agree with the BMW styling and interior feel. I just purchased a BMW Z4 Convertible for my wife (black exterior / red interior). Totally a head-turner, but I still love the feel of driving my TL much better.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:15 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 236 Likes on 97 Posts
Werd, I've driven the G several times and I wouldn't use the word boring to describe it. Not only does it have outrageous power for an entry level near-lux sedan and a nice interior for the money, I think it's arguably the best car for the money right in front of the 335 for the money in class(value-wise) I would rather own the BMW myself, but still...credit should be given where it's due.

How can you say in your review that it's a beast car then state it bores you to death a few lines below?

I really like the interior of the E9x myself, I miss my 335 alot, I think you can only appreciate the functional yet simple but elegant interior once you get to enjoy the car a few days, it really grows on you. I will agree that the E46 interior was very nice as the driver-oriented dash was everything a person could ask for.
Old 11-02-2009, 06:47 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,297 Posts
I'm a fan of the TL's styling so no complaints there
That'w where this thread headed down hill.
Old 11-02-2009, 07:16 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,671 Likes on 932 Posts
Originally Posted by smoka
Hehe, I think he meant the interior is plain and boring, not the engine. I have driven a few G35s, but not G37. While I loved my last Infiniti I30, I think the TLs are in a whole other league.
Sorry, I'd rather have the G37's interior than the 4G TL....both of which fail in comparison to the 3G TL. That said, I've never considered whether an interior is "exciting" or "boring".
Old 11-02-2009, 07:59 PM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cheap leather? Hard plastics? Do they make BMW's different for Canadians?
Old 11-02-2009, 08:32 PM
Fahrvergnügen'd

Received 1,569 Likes on 986 Posts
Originally Posted by Johnny_b
Cheap leather? Hard plastics? Do they make BMW's different for Canadians?
Yes. You get pine and moose hides where we get plastic and cowskins
Old 11-03-2009, 12:28 AM
Getting it Done

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Ehh, idka hout the C350, but when I went with my dad to get some routine stuff done on our ML320, we got an 08' C300 as a loaner, I really gunned it and HATED IT, the car felt so like ehh cheap I guess you can say. I think all of C Class just sucks balls. My sister has an 06' C280, honestly for 26,000 you think you'd get power sliding seats lmfao? P0S.
Old 11-03-2009, 09:01 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 236 Likes on 97 Posts
^All but the C63

And it's just a shame because when I drove the C300 it was a huge letdown for me as well. Sucks because I like the way it looks.
Old 11-03-2009, 01:32 PM
Getting it Done

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by nokiaman
^All but the C63

And it's just a shame because when I drove the C300 it was a huge letdown for me as well. Sucks because I like the way it looks.
Oh yeah, they NAILED the styling for the exterior and even interior with the silver and black style really worked well. I love how you can get some of them WHITE with black roof, that is what really got me into the white/black roof on cars really like it. Yah, I'm sure all the AMG models are a nice ride though. The guy who sold me my TL-P bought a black C32 AMG, I haven't driven it, or even been in it but man the car looks awesome. With 340 hp or whatever it is, I'm sure it hauls ass too. IDK, I'm not Acura biased but I have to say Mercedes isn't that great.. BMW is still ok with me. Oh and when it comes to domestics, man your Corvette is one sexy ass car. My brother had an 03' I think Zo6, it was awesome, I learned to drive manual in it, I almost crapped my pants, but I did decent. A few weeks later, he gets to caught up in 1st gear and spun out, knocked down a caution sign and a mail box, I have that on video it was scary at first, but nowadays we laugh at him.
Old 11-03-2009, 03:16 PM
is out, so the

Everyone has different opionons. I did like the way the G37 drove and performed, but I just don't care for it. SRT-4's are fast, but I don't see everyone with one... It was the "beast" car, and that's nice, it just doesn't appeal to me like everyone else. I said the car felt like it lacked refinement, I would rather have a classy, sophisticated vehicle. I'm not saying that it isn't sophisticated or refined, but I like those qualities more than beat-out-all-others performance. That's why its boring to me.

On the other hand, I love the coupe. It looks better and I would buy it before the sedan.

I prefer the TL's interior to the G's because I like the technology-spaceship look better.
I agree that the BMW interior is plain and bland. But, that's the style, simple and elegant. But considering the performance image BMW has, I'd expect something with a little more edge. And although the 335i is a great performer, I find its exterior syling a little bland too.
Old 11-03-2009, 06:19 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,183 Likes on 1,211 Posts
I don't like the G interior at all. My co-worker has a G37 and while the interior is vastly improved it just does nothing for me. The exterior and ride are pure sex.
Old 11-07-2009, 12:05 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I can drive a manual but I don't trust myself enough with a 40K car.
???

You don't trust yourself with a $40k car but you drove a $45k MDX?
Old 11-07-2009, 06:50 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 638 Likes on 276 Posts
Originally Posted by ggesq
The exterior and ride are pure sex.

Its wet and has an stink to it? He should get it cleaned.
Old 11-07-2009, 07:26 AM
Off roading in his

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by psteng19
???

You don't trust yourself with a $40k car but you drove a $45k MDX?
I think what the OP meant was he doesnt trust himself with a manual on a $40k car
Old 11-07-2009, 08:20 AM
Safety Car

Received 111 Likes on 79 Posts
the IS is very small. i think i could fit ppl in the back of my Acura CL more easily.

sometimes when im driving the IS solo, ill reach around behind the seat and feel the amount of rear leg room...always gives me a chuckle. its like 3 or 4 inches.

the IS is about the same size of a corolla. actually, it might even be on the same platform. idk.

Quick Reply: Test drove MDX, 4G TL, G37, and IS 350 yesterday...