StonedCL: THE MAN---Thanks for My C6 Z51 Convertible and M35X (PICS)

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 10:35 AM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's a beautiful vette. I can't think of any infiniti that I'd trade in that vette for. I'd still take a hard top instead of a convertable though. Congrats.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:35 AM
AZ O.G NoOldManVetteOwner

Received 204 Likes on 126 Posts
Originally Posted by ThermonMermon
i think it really boils down to those who are capable of overlooking domestic price saving short-cuts...i, for one, cannot.

Sure, domestics have some of the most (HP per Dollar) cars, but you need to accept the trade-off in quality of materials, luxury items, tech, etc.
Thank you everyone (well almost everyone) for the compliments and good luck wishes, I truly appreciate it. Matt, thanks again bud. I'm working nights in the hospital as you know so I'll probably see you on Monday at the dealer. Once again, Matt will get you the best deal in the NY/NJ area (tough market) and will give you amazing service to boot.

As far as the Vette, yea, it does leave a bit to be desired in the refinement department, but it is an amazing ride. The HVAC dual climate/auto system works very well and actually appreciate its simple to use functionality. I doubt the Cobalt steering wheel has power telescoping and an in/out feature. As far as Tech, the Vette has A LOT of cool features, a very thorough on board computer, and its seats are some of the most comfortable i've been in for a sports car. One of my favorite features is the "Heads up Display" that shows you speed, RPMs, AND G's your taking turns with! Wish this cell phone pic came out better and you could see the G meter, but you get the idea.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by turkeybaster115
That's a beautiful vette. I can't think of any infiniti that I'd trade in that vette for. I'd still take a hard top instead of a convertable though. Congrats.
Apparently the wife made the guy (another doctor) trade it in for a QX56. Poor guy.
Old 11-05-2009, 11:37 AM
Fahrvergnügen'd

Received 1,568 Likes on 985 Posts
Originally Posted by 2K2SilverTL-S
Apparently the wife made the guy (another doctor) trade it in for a QX56. Poor guy.
Women ... Jeezus.
Old 11-05-2009, 11:48 AM
B A N N E D

Location: The grande.. Riverdale NJ.. Hopefully moving to skyline village in Lincoln park NJ..yes dirty jersey
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yeah the guy traded in that vette and a 2007 Lexus LS460 for a QX56, both cars he traded in where HOT!! Women can make a man do CRAZY things, I think they needed the 3rd row?? The guy put a whole new system in the vette and took out the BOSE system w/nav?? (I gave all the speakers and the head unit to stephan when he bought the vette so he had it)

ENJOY the vette , I KNOW YOU WILL!!
Old 11-05-2009, 11:49 AM
Safety Car

Received 111 Likes on 79 Posts
Thank you everyone (well almost everyone) for the compliments and good luck wishes, I truly appreciate it. Matt, thanks again bud. I'm working nights in the hospital as you know so I'll probably see you on Monday at the dealer. Once again, Matt will get you the best deal in the NY/NJ area (tough market) and will give you amazing service to boot.

As far as the Vette, yea, it does leave a bit to be desired in the refinement department, but it is an amazing ride. The HVAC dual climate/auto system works very well and actually appreciate its simple to use functionality. I doubt the Cobalt steering wheel has power telescoping and an in/out feature. As far as Tech, the Vette has A LOT of cool features, a very thorough on board computer, and its seats are some of the most comfortable i've been in for a sports car. One of my favorite features is the "Heads up Display" that shows you speed, RPMs, AND G's your taking turns with! Wish this cell phone pic came out better and you could see the G meter, but you get the idea.
wow, had no idea. how big is that? looks to be about the size of a business card
Old 11-05-2009, 11:55 AM
B A N N E D

Location: The grande.. Riverdale NJ.. Hopefully moving to skyline village in Lincoln park NJ..yes dirty jersey
I find it soo funny how people are comparing the vette to a cobalt??
There alot of haters out there, I would take that vette OVER any acura that they ever produced (except for the NSX).
There are some people out there that can not be happy for others and have to find something wrong to point out, those are the poeple that are missing something in life.
That vette is a AMAZING car, Its a performance car not a luxury car so the interior is made to be functional and save weight!
Old 11-05-2009, 12:01 PM
Fahrvergnügen'd

Originally Posted by StonedCL
There are some people out there that can not be happy for others and have to find something wrong to point out, those are the poeple that are missing something in life.
Sorry dude, that's not the point.

We have said the same thing throughout the Car News forum about the Corvette. The fact that someone here bought one doesn't mean we suddenly start gushing with praise.

GM's part sharing can be really blatant at times. The steering wheel is one example.

Some of us have a hard time accepting the steering wheel on a $100k ZR1 is the same one used on a base model Malibu.
Old 11-05-2009, 12:20 PM
Safety Car

Received 111 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by charliemike

We have said the same thing throughout the Car News forum about the Corvette. The fact that someone here bought one doesn't mean we suddenly start gushing with praise.

GM's part sharing can be really blatant at times. The steering wheel is one example.

Some of us have a hard time accepting the steering wheel on a $100k ZR1 is the same one used on a base model Malibu.
i have a difficulty accepting it. but at the same time, the ZR1 performs as well as 150k+ porsches and the likes. for argument sake, you are getting a discounted sportscar by sacrificing some amentities/quality.

some gearheads are okay with the vette sharing parts because they only care about performance. you are buying a minimalist sportscar...i could see how this argument could escalate into viewing the vette in a glass half full / half empty way. which is why StonedCL is making his point about those who are pessimists.

i think that it ultimately comes down to what part of the spectrum the buyer is coming from. if you are picking up a used ZR1 for a cheap thrill, you are more willing to accept parts sharing. which is why there is a great market for used vettes. on the other hand, if you are buying new and cross-shopping with aston, porsche, you might be quick to disregard the vette for that reason.

personally, in the view of new buyers, the manufacturer's sticker price has the car enter a "ultra luxury market". and in the US you have very top heavy wealth. and truthfully, those who are able to afford a 100k sportscar could afford a 150k sports car. and there is no reason for domestics to have dollar saving for the cheap tactic of sharing from the parts bin.

Last edited by ThermonMermon; 11-05-2009 at 12:25 PM.
Old 11-05-2009, 12:33 PM
B A N N E D

Thats the same thing like saying that a 44K TL shares most of its interior parts with a 22K accord, But if someone goes at and buys A TL are we all saying thats the same HVAC thats on my 4cylinder accord?
Old 11-05-2009, 02:14 PM

Thats the same thing like saying that a 44K TL shares most of its interior parts with a 22K accord, But if someone goes at and buys A TL are we all saying thats the same HVAC thats on my 4cylinder accord?
If you remember back to my initial test drive, I think the LAST thing I was paying attention to was the dual zone HVAC.
Old 11-05-2009, 02:50 PM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
My point is people would not be niggling about stuff like the steering wheel if the Cobalt didn't have one that was similar. Every car has its compromises, period. I don't mind the Vette interior at all except for the seats (could use some more bolstering) but I'd rather put up with HVAC controls that look like they don't belong rather than an ugly exterior, $10-20k higher MSRP, less reliability, higher maintenance costs, etc.

My belief is that the same people complaining that the Vette has a "Cobalt steering wheel" or "Cobalt HVAC knobs" still would not approve of the Corvette even if it had a steering wheel, that in their opinion, belonged in a 50k car. But hey, people can think whatever they want.

I'm more bothered by things like the NSX interior which was virtually unchanged in its entire 15-year lifespan. How hard was it for Acura to make a new cover for the airbag that said "(A)" (the Acura logo) instead of "A C U R A" for the later models? It's a $90k car! Even then, I still don't care at all about it really, because the NSX is such a great car.

Originally Posted by SG81
or maybe the Cobalt comes with a Vette steering wheel
haha

the Cobalt should be honored
Old 11-05-2009, 03:00 PM
Got your mom in

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
is it me or are those G's in the link StonedCL posted above cheaper than most of the 3rd gens?....... the g is already faster and RWD, now its cheaper?........

please delete that link before i end up in a G
Old 11-05-2009, 03:10 PM
Pro

Who cares about the steering wheel, when your lapping ferrari's. and keeping up with carrera GT's, Zonda's, and lamborghini's for 1/5th of the price tag?
Old 11-05-2009, 03:40 PM
Stage 1 Audi S5

Received 1,182 Likes on 690 Posts
Nice looking car, love that model with the non pop up headlights.

As for the interior, I always hated vettes because they looked cheap until I drove an ex's Z06. That was one of the most fun cars I have driven because of the raw tire melting power plus the fact it was glued to the road. I could easily get over the controls but I would have to change the huge shift knob.

Nice pick up regardless
Old 11-05-2009, 04:09 PM
B A N N E D

If you remember back to my initial test drive, I think the LAST thing I was paying attention to was the dual zone HVAC.
Yeah I was holding on during the test drive and biting my lip..LOL...
But if someone is thinking about buying a vette you have to let them DRIVE it, It was deff a RUSH....

Yeah our dealer prices our "g's" to sell them, let me know Silva type-S I can even drive it down to you!
Old 11-05-2009, 04:19 PM
Got your mom in

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
But if someone is thinking about buying a vette you have to let them DRIVE it, It was deff a RUSH....

Yeah our dealer prices our "g's" to sell them, let me know Silva type-S I can even drive it down to you!
nice
Old 11-05-2009, 04:28 PM
Pro

A rush? wait untill you throw on some cheap, basic mods! Its more like unforgettable, then!
Old 11-05-2009, 04:45 PM
Fahrvergnügen'd

Originally Posted by turkeybaster115
Who cares about the steering wheel, when your lapping ferrari's. and keeping up with carrera GT's, Zonda's, and lamborghini's for 1/5th of the price tag?
Me, when the only place I'd be doing that is in Gran Turismo 5 (whenever they decide to finally launch that game).
Old 11-05-2009, 05:02 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,297 Posts
Me, when the only place I'd be doing that is in Gran Turismo 5 (whenever they decide to finally launch that game).

The vette interior has always been low-rent...although the current version is an improvement, there is still much to be desired.

With great interiors like the CTS-V being produced by GM, I bet the next gen Vette will finally get the interior to match the exterior.....so long low-rent interior....good riddance!
Old 11-05-2009, 06:55 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
I love that HUD...
Old 11-06-2009, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by jwjang86
I love that HUD...
Thanks, so do I....a must option to check off when getting a vette! However, I'm STILL trying to break the habit of looking at the speedo to shift.

I'll get some pics up of the M35X when I get a chance. The option package it has is a rare $10K package....

Last edited by 2K2SilverTL-S; 11-06-2009 at 02:56 PM.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:43 PM
B A N N E D

Thanks, so do I....a must option to check off when getting a vette! However, I'm STILL trying to break the habit of looking at the speedo to shift.

I'll get some pics up of the M35X when I get a chance. The option package it has is a rare $10K package....
yeah The package that M has is the premium package which includes Technology Package (which is nav, rear view camera) Advance tech package (which is the Intellegent cruise control, Lane departure warning system and the 14 speaker bose 5.1 system), then on top of that it has the DVD with rear heated and reclining seats that u can controll the radio and a/c system from the back and the rear sun shade..GREAT CAR!!

Your mats and plate braket came in today, It looks like it snaps into the front and has 3 sticky patches , no screw in..Come in whenever you are around I know u r a busy guy...

And if anyone needs a Infinity let me know!
Old 11-06-2009, 05:46 PM

yeah The package that M has is the premium package which includes Technology Package (which is nav, rear view camera) Advance tech package (which is the Intellegent cruise control, Lane departure warning system and the 14 speaker bose 5.1 system), then on top of that it has the DVD with rear heated and reclining seats that u can controll the radio and a/c system from the back and the rear sun shade..GREAT CAR!!

Your mats and plate braket came in today, It looks like it snaps into the front and has 3 sticky patches , no screw in..Come in whenever you are around I know u r a busy guy...

And if anyone needs a Infinity let me know!
Easy there Matt with that "Infinity" comment, you're going to fire up the mob

I have two more 12hr nights till a day off....see you at the dealer on Monday...i'll text you.
Old 11-06-2009, 10:12 PM
Someday, an RS6 Avant+

Received 997 Likes on 535 Posts
Talking My point

Originally Posted by Moog-Type-S

The vette interior has always been low-rent...although the current version is an improvement, there is still much to be desired.

With great interiors like the CTS-V being produced by GM, I bet the next gen Vette will finally get the interior to match the exterior.....so long low-rent interior....good riddance!

That is my point. I love the car . I think every aspect is great EXCEPT the HVAC and the steering wheel. Hell, even my Subaru has a Momo wheel, and it costs half as much as the Vette. I digress.

Why take such a good car and go low rent in an area that is seen and used every day? Take a tip from Cadillac and put a high rent interior in a high rent car.

Would I kick the Vette out of bed? Absolutely. More room on the floor.
Old 11-06-2009, 10:20 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 236 Likes on 97 Posts
Congratulations fellow C6 owner! I would have loved to have a convertible but the extra power of the C6Z was hard to give up. The HUD is pretty cool indeed, it was first introduced in the E60M5...it's pretty useful when driving spiritedly. I URGE you to get an exhaust if you don't already have one, Corsa, Borla,Magnaflow and whatnot...tons of options out there. Enjoy her in the best of health.
Old 11-07-2009, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by nokiaman
Congratulations fellow C6 owner! I would have loved to have a convertible but the extra power of the C6Z was hard to give up. The HUD is pretty cool indeed, it was first introduced in the E60M5...it's pretty useful when driving spiritedly. I URGE you to get an exhaust if you don't already have one, Corsa, Borla,Magnaflow and whatnot...tons of options out there. Enjoy her in the best of health.
Thank you very much. The convertible option was a must for me, and the vette is one great looking vert! I love the long, flat rear of the convertible.

Best of luck with the Z06! I really dont know how you put down the extra power of the Z06. I shifted hard into 2nd the other day and nearly went sideways which completely caught me off guard! These cars are sooo powerful in base form, I cant even imagine trying to put the power of a Z06 down. See you on the vette forums.
Old 11-09-2009, 06:15 PM
B A N N E D

That car is a MONSTER.. you have to re-learn to drive stick when you have that much HP under your feet!! I wish I had a vette and some extra cash cuz I think they have like a all-day z06 driving course where ther pretty much teach you how to drive and you track the car!
Old 11-10-2009, 02:24 PM
Got a Job!

just a heads up, they changed the steering wheel in the 07 or 08+. My dad picked up an '09 with the new LS3 motor (436hp as opposed to the 400) in trade of his 06, and it's an amazing car. They updated the interior a bit to make it nicer, but all in all, it's a FANTASTIC car, and I mean fantastic. He got it in the new Cyber Gray which is the hotness and the sport exhaust it has sounds fucking MEAN. Great pick-up bro, you'll thoroughly enjoy that car for a longgggggg time!

`John

Oh, and the HUD is awesome
Old 11-10-2009, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by Dem1K
just a heads up, they changed the steering wheel in the 07 or 08+. My dad picked up an '09 with the new LS3 motor (436hp as opposed to the 400) in trade of his 06, and it's an amazing car. They updated the interior a bit to make it nicer, but all in all, it's a FANTASTIC car, and I mean fantastic. He got it in the new Cyber Gray which is the hotness and the sport exhaust it has sounds fucking MEAN. Great pick-up bro, you'll thoroughly enjoy that car for a longgggggg time!

`John

Oh, and the HUD is awesome

I'm one of those that acutally hates the newer 3 spoke steering wheel. But honestly, who cares about a steering wheel, these cars kick ass!! Thanks John. The LS series motors are definitely awesome. Its pretty crazy how hard they pull after 100 mph. The Z51 package 6-speed also adds some nice ratios.
Old 11-10-2009, 11:19 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 236 Likes on 97 Posts
These cars are sooo powerful in base form, I cant even imagine trying to put the power of a Z06 down. See you on the vette forums.
They are very fun indeed. It is hard to put the power down indeed, the trick is not to floor the pedal in the two first gears. I installed the Pirelli PZero Rosso in 345s because the original set had no tread left whatsoever, very good tires but awfully expensive.

Another word of advice, always be careful when tires are cold, let them heat up before doing anything silly. Look into track days as well in your area, they will allow you to enjoy your car a lot more.:wink: