Stealership scratch and dinged my truck...

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 11:56 PM
Under the radar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stealership scratch and dinged my truck...

Well the G/Fs new F150. Went in for Running Boards, Tint and Bed Liner... came back with a scratch on the p. door, ding on the d. door and deep scratch on the door edge and 2-3 fine line scratches on the hood as well as some sort of wierd overspray (armorall maybe), oh and 50 miles more on the speedo (now at 200 miles). We let them know and they held the truck for review, but what can we expect?

I hear that new paint on the doors would never be as good as the factory paint and now we have god-knows-how-long with a crappy base model Ranger. Any info on what to ask and make to sure to get on the repair/paint would be appreciated. Stupid Sound Ford...
Old 08-16-2005, 12:05 AM
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by CLSter
I hear that new paint on the doors would never be as good as the factory paint we now have
Depends on the color. Silver and gold can be hard to match up BUT this truck is brand new and the paint wouldn't be faded so it should not be hard to match up perfectly. Also, without seeing pics, scratches can be buffed out. Sucks that it happened though. I would want to know WHO was driving it, WHY they had to drive it, WHERE they went, and HOW the damage happened and not one of their employees noticed or made mention of it. They'll probably offer you free oil change coupons. Let us know how it turns out.
Old 08-16-2005, 02:16 AM
Pro

I have never had good luck with Sound Ford, they are all a bunch of idiots. Looking for a good deal on an F350 one time I drove out to Renton to look at one they had and they were so unbelievably dumb it made me want to cry. I don't know if you are from the renton area but I have always had good luck with Pacific Coast Ford in Federal Way as well as Titus-Will in Tacoma, but if you are in Renton that might be a trek for you. Sorry to hear about your problems, hope everything is resolved.
Old 08-16-2005, 02:43 AM
Under the radar

Originally Posted by MJMeucci
I have never had good luck with Sound Ford, they are all a bunch of idiots. Looking for a good deal on an F350 one time I drove out to Renton to look at one they had and they were so unbelievably dumb it made me want to cry. I don't know if you are from the renton area but I have always had good luck with Pacific Coast Ford in Federal Way as well as Titus-Will in Tacoma, but if you are in Renton that might be a trek for you. Sorry to hear about your problems, hope everything is resolved.
We did get a great deal on the truck. The only mistake was this aftermarket package, which I was reluctant to let her buy from them but my G/F didn't want to go all over town to get all the stuff. Lesson learned. Many people at the dealership are indeed dumb as rocks but I find this at all of the mainstream brand dealers. I just want to make sure we don't get some crappy Maaco finish that cracks and peels in a couple years.