In Shock over some Ricers...

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 12:55 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
In Shock over some Ricers...

So me and my friends were on our way to Sonic tonight when we drove past 4 civics pulled over on the shoulder of the road. All of which had HIDs and were complete shit boxes. As we are passing, the one in front revs his engine and dumps the clutch, and does a major burnout right on the side of the highway. He takes off and the others follow and they all speed away driving recklessly weaving like idiots and such...

What the Hell?! Like, I knew that ricers existed, but in my experiences its just people who have poor taste in modding. But I was just totally in awe that people do stupid shit like this. I dont know why im so upset about it.

Anyway, has anyone else ever seen something like that? and again.. what gives?!
Old 07-10-2009, 01:01 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,016 Likes on 1,435 Posts
its just some immature teen's thinking their civic's with neon lighting are the shit. Its really stupid, to many innocent people get hurt becuase of their immaturity.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:15 AM
Sounders FC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well they're young drivers, so that explains the driving. They have crappy cars because their parents didn't buy them a car.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:49 AM
Drifting

at least we know they love hondas.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:58 AM
Acuras Only in

Originally Posted by Euro925
LOL ... we were all young once ...
Old 07-10-2009, 12:52 PM
Engineer

Received 76 Likes on 53 Posts
Those are the moments where I wish I was driving a big truck with a nice plow on the front. I'd love to plow the roads clear of that shit...
Old 07-10-2009, 02:02 PM
mmmmmm....

Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts
idiots..
Old 07-10-2009, 02:25 PM
Q('.')=O

Received 721 Likes on 521 Posts
Originally Posted by BlacuraTLTYPES27
So me and my friends were on our way to Sonic tonight when we drove past 4 civics pulled over on the shoulder of the road. All of which had HIDs and were complete shit boxes. As we are passing, the one in front revs his engine and dumps the clutch, and does a major burnout right on the side of the highway. He takes off and the others follow and they all speed away driving recklessly weaving like idiots and such...

What the Hell?! Like, I knew that ricers existed, but in my experiences its just people who have poor taste in modding. But I was just totally in awe that people do stupid shit like this. I dont know why im so upset about it.

Anyway, has anyone else ever seen something like that? and again.. what gives?!
that in itself made me l-o-l
Old 07-10-2009, 02:25 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,090 Likes on 767 Posts
hopefully darwin checks in on them soon...
Old 07-10-2009, 02:48 PM
I drive a Subata.

Received 2,603 Likes on 1,571 Posts
nnnnnnnooooooooooosssssss
Old 07-10-2009, 03:31 PM
In the Mid-South meow

Received 2,157 Likes on 1,098 Posts
Originally Posted by Danil ACE
Well they're young drivers, so that explains the driving. They have crappy cars because their parents didn't buy them a car.
That's a b-s excuse. My parents didn't buy me a car, yet I never considered myself a ricer and took pride in my car and the money I put into it. And I had nice cars, not sh*t boxes with falling apart body kits and neon lights.

It's more like a bunch of idiots looking to cause trouble and feeding off of each other's stupidity. If I wasn't so influenced by my friends I wouldn't have got into 1/2 the trouble I did as a kid, so thankfully I didn't have any other close friends that were into the car scene like I was. This isn't to say I didn't have my street encounters, but I never swerved through traffic like a jackass racing my friends or revving my engine at passing cars. That's just so freaking ridiculous.
Old 07-10-2009, 04:10 PM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
lol Sonic's always seems to attract the ricers. Almost every time I've gone there, there's a bunch of Civics who bounce off their rev limiters in the drive-through or while looking for parking.
Old 07-10-2009, 04:16 PM
Not just a smell

Originally Posted by KaMLuNg
hopefully darwin checks in on them soon...
Yep. As a species, having young males be stupid and reckless has proven itself to be a beneficial evolutionary trait. The unlucky or really stupid and reckless at the tail end of the behavioral distribution curve get Darwin'ed out while the meek wimps/geeks/nerds at the other tail end just don't get the chicks to procreate with.

The stupid and reckless young males who surive till full adulthood are the cream of the human crop and do things like come down from the trees,learn to use fire, go to the moon, etc.

So those ricers are an unfortunate but necessary evil yet fortunately, in the greater scheme of things, they are really a very minor evil.
Old 07-10-2009, 04:57 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Fishy
Yep. As a species, having young males be stupid and reckless has proven itself to be a beneficial evolutionary trait. The unlucky or really stupid and reckless at the tail end of the behavioral distribution curve get Darwin'ed out while the meek wimps/geeks/nerds at the other tail end just don't get the chicks to procreate with.

The stupid and reckless young males who surive till full adulthood are the cream of the human crop and do things like come down from the trees,learn to use fire, go to the moon, etc.

So those ricers are an unfortunate but necessary evil yet fortunately, in the greater scheme of things, they are really a very minor evil.
I really liked the way that was put. So true. .
Old 07-10-2009, 05:09 PM
dɐɹɔ ǝɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ

Wait another 10 years and you'll really be confused about the way kids behave.
Old 07-10-2009, 05:32 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by SuperTrooper169
That's a b-s excuse. My parents didn't buy me a car, yet I never considered myself a ricer and took pride in my car and the money I put into it. And I had nice cars, not sh*t boxes with falling apart body kits and neon lights.
It's more like a bunch of idiots looking to cause trouble and feeding off of each other's stupidity. If I wasn't so influenced by my friends I wouldn't have got into 1/2 the trouble I did as a kid, so thankfully I didn't have any other close friends that were into the car scene like I was. This isn't to say I didn't have my street encounters, but I never swerved through traffic like a jackass racing my friends or revving my engine at passing cars. That's just so freaking ridiculous.
+1.

my parents have never bough or even given me money for a car. at 17 i drove a civic, at 18, i drove a stock and well taken care of 240sx nice IMO, at 19 i drove a 6MT ASPEC TL, and now i drive an S2000 with a hardtop. no excuse. you get what you work for

none looked riced out!!!
Old 07-10-2009, 08:04 PM
Oh Hullow

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
if you see them again thank them for my car insurance being so high
Old 07-10-2009, 11:18 PM
Disinformation Terminator

As one of the resident old guys on this board, I'd love to chime in like a grumpy curmudgeon about what kind of d-bags these kids are.

But the fact of the matter is, back in the day (20 years ago), my buddy and I used to race the crap out of his '87 CRX and my '89 Integra RS against each other every opportunity we got.

There was a difference though. We had a very healthy respect for the art of driving and especially the dangers on the roads. We were (and still are) all about car control, hitting your apexes correctly, not abusing your tires, etc. etc. If you drove over your head, you were laughed at and considered amateur.

The young thrashers these days don't really act that way. Its all about "winning" and who has the most balls. Stupid. We never did all that weave around through traffic stuff like crazed maniacs, it was dangerous and what the hell was the point? Who can come closest to dying in a giant f-ing fireball? It was much better to find a deserted road where we could go mano-a-mano, skill vs. skill.

Long story short, as long as young guys have cars, they're gonna race. Public roads, private tracks, it doesn't matter. Its just too bad that the equipment gets the focus now instead of driver ability. That's how people get hurt.

Last edited by TheMirror; 07-10-2009 at 11:20 PM.
Old 07-11-2009, 12:17 AM
c_v
6th Gear

lol seen that a few times, when they do that i don't bother to race there arrs. waste of time when knowing we'd smoke them haha
Old 07-11-2009, 01:24 AM
CL6
My only car is a Bus

I've seen tons of them. The Kragen Special Civics always kill me. They ad every crap "accessory" to their car and think it looks badass. My first car was an 84 Sentra and I guess I thought that was the shit but I didn't rice it up. I don't know if they had ricers in 1990. I don't mind them as long as they don't hit me but some of them are violent, abusive punks. At least with my CL I can easily pass them.
Old 07-11-2009, 04:23 PM
Drifting

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts
now that I've moved..first post from new locale btw... I see ricers everywhere. I've come to have to categorize what type of ricer it is. white rice, mexican rice, fired rice(aka stoner rice) and the ever prevalent wtf that was a nice car rice. However I've found another type, the ricer hyundai/kia, which I've decided not to even call a ricer, just a pos with shit all over it.
Old 07-11-2009, 05:46 PM
Not just a smell

Originally Posted by TheMirror
As one of the resident old guys on this board, I'd love to chime in like a grumpy curmudgeon about what kind of d-bags these kids are...
Blah, blah blah... ya just watched Gran Torino didn'tcha?

Originally Posted by Myxomatosis
...However I've found another type, the ricer hyundai/kia, which I've decided not to even call a ricer, just a pos with shit all over it.
No, they are Bokkeumbappers.

Bokkeumbap is a popular cheap Korean dish: left overs fried with rice. Now Kimchi Bokkeumbap is special, kind of like putting ketchup on KD (Kraft Dinner).
Old 07-11-2009, 05:55 PM
Drifting

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

No, they are Bokkeumbappers.

Bokkeumbap is a popular cheap Korean dish: left overs fried with rice. Now Kimchi Bokkeumbap is special, kind of like putting ketchup on KD (Kraft Dinner).
I will sound so educated now while hating.
Old 07-11-2009, 06:58 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by cl6
i've seen tons of them. The kragen special civics always kill me. They ad every crap "accessory" to their car and think it looks badass. My first car was an 84 sentra and i guess i thought that was the shit but i didn't rice it up. i don't know if they had ricers in 1990. i don't mind them as long as they don't hit me but some of them are violent, abusive punks. At least with my cl i can easily pass them.
lol
Old 07-11-2009, 07:14 PM
Disinformation Terminator

Heh heh, not quite that old yet!
Old 07-11-2009, 07:42 PM
Blah Blah Blah

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
By chance this wasnt on the 5 north fwy south of Seattle last night, was it? Reason I asked because I experienced the same thing on my way to the airport....one guy in a little civic almost got rear ended by a semi because him and one of his buddies was chatting with each other....go figure

Originally Posted by BlacuraTLTYPES27
Old 07-11-2009, 11:01 PM
Instructor

^^ thats a negative. it was on 46 in totowa nj. but that is ironic. i guess great ricers think alike. haha
Old 07-12-2009, 12:25 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Received 846 Likes on 526 Posts
When I first got my license at 16 I was doing some stupid shxt too...and I was just driving my dad's 1998 corolla VE (no power windows, no power locks...lol) and obviously it was as stock as it could be. Still, I'd drive it hard, going 80km/h in 50km/h zone and weaving in and out. But I learned my lesson quickly....it was raining and I was going down this street at 110km/h (50km/h limit), then the lights turned yellow, I tried to slow down, nope, no abs, brakes locked up and the car kept going. I was like "oh well whatever I will just go," and I just went through it. Nope, I was stupid and didn't learn yet. Three minutes later, I had to turn left, going at 60km/h, which wasn't a good idea in a corolla in the rain. The car understeered and I went right between two light posts, on the sidewalk. So I guess I was lucky that I didn't hit anything solid. But after that, I learned my lesson. Yup. I was very stupid.
Old 07-12-2009, 09:31 PM
CL6
My only car is a Bus

Fried rice! Ha ha. I guess Prius Ricers would be Tofus?
Old 07-12-2009, 10:55 PM
gistered User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 03bl AC k CL
if you see them again thank them for my car insurance being so high
...And 50-60% of the drivers in NJ
Old 07-13-2009, 11:49 AM
spaz

Originally Posted by JJ92799
By chance this wasnt on the 5 north fwy south of Seattle last night, was it? Reason I asked because I experienced the same thing on my way to the airport....one guy in a little civic almost got rear ended by a semi because him and one of his buddies was chatting with each other....go figure
couldn't be since the only Sonics in all of Washington is in Puyallup which is around Tacoma. They just opened about a month back too.
And yes, ricers have already found their place there..

I think it has to do with the fact they can park and eat to show off their sick cars to all the highschool girls who work there longer.
Old 07-13-2009, 01:50 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
As one of the resident old guys on this board, I'd love to chime in like a grumpy curmudgeon about what kind of d-bags these kids are.

The young thrashers these days don't really act that way. Its all about "winning" and who has the most balls. Stupid. We never did all that weave around through traffic stuff like crazed maniacs, it was dangerous and what the hell was the point? Who can come closest to dying in a giant f-ing fireball? It was much better to find a deserted road where we could go mano-a-mano, skill vs. skill.
Im going to have to disagree somewhat. You make it sound like this douchebaggery is something new with the teens. While you may have been the i did it but used my head crowd it by no means means your generation all followed what you did. My dad laughs at the news every time the news makes it sound like street racing is something new and some big epidemic. He told stories of him and stories his dad had from street racing and the duchebaggery kids did back then. Its nothing new, what is new is the larger populations and the medias immediate coverage to it now days.

Long story short, as long as young guys have cars, they're gonna race. Public roads, private tracks, it doesn't matter. Its just too bad that the equipment gets the focus now instead of driver ability. That's how people get hurt.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:45 PM
gistered User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Nope. nothing new. Thank dog I, and my kids, are old enough to respect the road.
Old 07-14-2009, 02:28 PM
Nom Nom Nom Nom

Received 76 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by Euro925
I wish I would have been quick on the camara button. Yesterday I saw this kid with his BMW that would have been a poster child..

This thing was a gem. It was missing its front bumper. He had two different tail lights. One being one of those cheap LED ebay ones and the other being stock. He had 3 after market rims and 1 stock one. To top it off he had his fart can bazooka tube shitbox muffler that made his little 3 series sound like a fucking go kart from mario kart.

That clown was weaving in and out of traffic, farting everytime he made a lane change.

He thought he looked so cool in his shitbox.