Saw an STS-V... it's out already?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2005, 02:04 PM
My M45 loves to eat rice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Saw an STS-V... it's out already?

I was driving on the Belt Parkway at about 11:30 in the morning on Sunday morning by Exit 5 when I saw a really nice Cadillac. I said to my friend, ''that's one nice-looking CTS-V,'' but when I looked closer I realized it wasn't a CTS-V. It was a black STS-V and it had a ton of tacky gold emblems on it. On the bottom of the driver's front side door it said, ''STS-V 440 HP SUPERCHARGED'' and it said the same insignia several times on the car. The tires were whitewalls as well. It looked like a badass Grandpa mobile that could really tear apart some M3's when it needed to.

Is this car out already, or did I just see a demo car? Either way the car looked pretty sweet. I took a picture with my camera phone but it didn't come out because I was driving about 70mph alongside of it.
Old 05-24-2005, 02:08 PM
Rebuilder

not a demo car b/c demos have no markings on them for obvious reasons.

i'm sure it was the owner of a dealership driving it .. they always have them a few months early (atleast in Buffalo where i live).
Old 05-24-2005, 02:33 PM
Moderator Alumnus

The STS-V doesn't say on the door ''STS-V 440 HP SUPERCHARGED''.....it has the V emblem and it spells out "supercharged."

Also, the only STS-Vs coming off the line currently.....are not for consumer use (not even a dealer).

I also highly doubt someone took a V and put gold emblems on it and whitewall tires!!!

So to the question, what you saw was not an STS-V.

Old 05-24-2005, 02:46 PM
Three Wheelin'

I saw one also coming from Brooklyn, didnt look at the rear badging cause i was staring at the gaudy gold package and making fun of the whitewalls. It did look hot though in black with all that gold on it. Was some younger guy driving it.
Old 05-24-2005, 06:45 PM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
STS-V does not come with white wall tires; don't take this the wrong way, but 99% of the time, it's black people who get white wall tires on their Cadillacs.

I've seen CTS' with white wall tires, with a V from a real CTS-V. It's fake. STS-V is not out yet, and contrary to popular beliefs, dealerships owners do not get special privileges. Sure, they get the first new cars delivered if they wanted to, but the company does not send out early production versions to dealership owners or anything. The only people who get to drive new cars before the public are the company employees, almost always high place executives. My best friend's dad is a chief executive designer at GM and even he has a hard time getting pre-production cars sometimes; think Bob Lutz. Dealership owners getting pre-production cars? Dream on.
Old 05-24-2005, 11:39 PM
My M45 loves to eat rice

Originally Posted by Chr8808
I saw one also coming from Brooklyn, didnt look at the rear badging cause i was staring at the gaudy gold package and making fun of the whitewalls. It did look hot though in black with all that gold on it. Was some younger guy driving it.
This is the same exact car I saw. And Beltfed, the car I saw had the ''V'' badge and SUPERCHARGED insignia on the door, but underneath it said ''440 HP''. I could swear it was a real STS-V.
Old 05-25-2005, 01:41 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
off topic: yo matt, i go to nyu too, just finished my freshman year there. what year are you in?
Old 05-25-2005, 01:45 AM
My M45 loves to eat rice

I just finished my first year too. What school are you in and what's your name? You might've seen me cruising around campus this year. I have a blue TL-S with body kit, rims, cleared headlights, and all that good stuff.
Old 05-25-2005, 09:19 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by MattT516
I could swear it was a real STS-V.
It definitely was not an STS-V.
Old 05-25-2005, 10:51 AM
Racer

Im in CAS, finished my freshman year. Shit i have seen your car many times, parked outside across from kimmel, and have seen you driving it a few times. Damn, what a small world. I never took my tl (04 NBP/ebony) to school before, not sure how long it would take coming from yonkers in the morning rush (also worries about people hitting my bumper, ive seen it happen too many times around there). How long does it take you to drive there? Ever had damage done to your car by some idiot who doesnt know how to park? Is it always easy to find a parking spot on the meter? Shit, still cant believe your on these forums.
Old 05-25-2005, 01:17 PM
My M45 loves to eat rice

Originally Posted by Dr.Murdock
Im in CAS, finished my freshman year. Shit i have seen your car many times, parked outside across from kimmel, and have seen you driving it a few times. Damn, what a small world. I never took my tl (04 NBP/ebony) to school before, not sure how long it would take coming from yonkers in the morning rush (also worries about people hitting my bumper, ive seen it happen too many times around there). How long does it take you to drive there? Ever had damage done to your car by some idiot who doesnt know how to park? Is it always easy to find a parking spot on the meter? Shit, still cant believe your on these forums.
Yeah, that's my car. I either park it across from Kimmel and just feed the meter for a few hours or I park in a lot on Broadway and Astor Place and it's $13 a day. I've never gotten into a bumper incident near school but I almost dragged a guy out of his Highlander one day for taking my spot. He pulled a ''Mike vs George Costanza'' thing where I was lined up, ready to parallel park, and he came in head-first when he swung the corner. I flipped at him and challenged him to a fight, but he was scared shit when I called him out.

I come from Brooklyn and it usually takes about 35-50 minutes, depending on the traffic by the Brooklyn Battery Tunnel. Last semester I had classes from 12:30 to 3:15 every single day so it was very easy for the commute, but if you have classes that start at 8 AM or end at 4:45, forget driving.

It's pretty cool you're on the forums, we should definitely meet up when we get back to school. Are you a commuter or do you dorm?
Old 05-25-2005, 04:59 PM
Racer

yea, we are def gonna meet up. next year i got much better timing for classes. This yr i had terrible timings, if i drove, i would end up driving at the worst rush hour time. i commute from yonkers, drive to the bronx and take the 5 at morris park. i might drive there this upcoming semester.