AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   Car Talk (https://acurazine.com/forums/car-talk-5/)
-   -   rockstar143 loved his gf's new car so much thread - Vulva V60 (https://acurazine.com/forums/car-talk-5/rockstar143-loved-his-gfs-new-car-so-much-thread-vulva-v60-973202/)

rockstar143 09-14-2018 07:21 AM

rockstar143 loved his gf's new car so much thread - Vulva V60

Well, as some of you know, her van took a final shit on us a few weeks back. VW Routan...a marriage of Chrysler drivetrain with VW components and wiring. A match made in hell. :annoyed:
I poured a lot of love, time and money into that thing begrudgingly because she had sentimental attachment and because I love her...but finally it bit the bullet. A few weeks of her using the Yukon
and Caddy getting 12 mpg and it was obvious she needed something of her own.

Fast forward to a few days ago...she was looking at Jeeps...Wrangler, Commander...Durango...I'm like :no: more Chrysler products please (the only way I'd deal with them is if it was for performance like a hellcat or SRT)...she likes the G Wagon and Land Rovers but they are out of range and the ones that are affordable we can't afford to maintain. FJ Cruiser was up next but apparently they are going the way of the S2000 with the current owners being fanatics about it and pricing going up on them....plus, sometimes she drops the little ones at school with nobody in the front seat and it annoyed her that you'd have to open the front doors to open the rears ones.

On a whim I remembered seeing a cool Volvo wagon on the weekend...looked up the model number and the first one that pops up is a 2015 V60 with the Saddle interior I've always wanted. It's black, which is what she wanted anyway and has a cool copper color metallic flake. I told her to meet me at the dealership and if she liked it...we would pass but if she loved it, it was hers. Drove it around and was thoroughly impressed...cruising down the highway at 80 it was getting 33mpg.

Anwyay, she's happy as fuck...and I'm happy as fuck that she's happy as fuck.

Black Ember Metallic :drool:

juniorbean 09-14-2018 07:28 AM

Damn, can't believe I'm going to say this about a Volvo wagon... but that thing has some sexy lines! Very nice! :thumbsup:

:snicker: at speedo pic...

rockstar143 09-14-2018 07:33 AM

Brother, I'm not gonna lie, I did NOT expect to love it the way I did. I liked the pics...and you don't see them around much...
when it pulled up for the test drive I was like instantly :love: yep this is happening we're buying it. LOL...
She didn't argue much...she doesn't love a lot of cars and right off the bat she loved this.

kurtatx 09-14-2018 07:34 AM

Your boyfriend's a lucky man.

rockstar143 09-14-2018 07:35 AM

:rofl:
I joke around about how much I love her and that she's hot enough that if she were a thai ladyboy I'd just tell her not to tell anyone and be fine with it. :tomato:

kurtatx 09-14-2018 07:37 AM

:hug: Congrats, J!

rockstar143 09-14-2018 07:50 AM

Thank you Kurt...
I'm a happy man! I'm sure that comes across.

teh CL 09-14-2018 07:56 AM

That colour is.. :drool:

brian2 09-14-2018 08:07 AM

is polestar her nickname?

kurtatx 09-14-2018 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by brian2 (Post 16297240)
is polestar her nickname?

Close, but there isn't a "star" in it.

charliemike 09-14-2018 08:55 AM

Congrats on the car. I love the Beechwood interior in that generation V60. I came close to getting one several times before buying my Mustang. I hope it gives you both many thousands of miles of good service and memories.

Costco 09-14-2018 08:58 AM

I just saw one on the road yesterday and pointed out how damn good it looks to my friend. Great choice man.

Jakes_tl 09-14-2018 09:06 AM

Very nice color combo. Also that fuel mileage is pretty impressive. What engine does it have?

brian2 09-14-2018 09:07 AM

I had to look up polestar.... does that replace the R models?

rockstar143 09-14-2018 09:08 AM

Lulz...:rofl:
she made that same joke when she read it on the badge...I watched a youtube last night and realized that polestar is their equivalent to AMG...it says that on the back along with "R Design" on the front strut brace so maybe it's got some upgrades I'm not even familiar with. I can tell you that after having a little more seat time this morning, the damn thing is geared very very well...8 speed auto with paddle shitters...light touch of the go pedal drops a gear and feels perfect for 65 to 80 overtaking. :love:

Thanks guys...yeah, it's odd that I didn't even think about this brand until that morning. Then it dawned on me that a friend of mine is a general manager at a local dealership and that I had seen 3 newer volvos parked near each other the other day and thought to myself wow...those are fucking hot. I guess it was in my subconscious...now that I see the wheels, the color and interior vs what's for sale elsewhere I can say that I think we got very lucky with this purchase.

rockstar143 09-14-2018 09:09 AM

it's a 2.0t FWD with 8 gear Auto...

SlowLane 09-14-2018 09:14 AM

Congratulations. That color combo looks great. Volvo seats are so comfortable. I always kept my 2015 XC60 instrument display in Performance mode too. I didn't really like the other two modes, ECO or Elegance, as much.

SamDoe1 09-14-2018 09:16 AM

Congrats bro! The V60 is an awesome car and very safe to haul around the family unit. Is this a used one I'm guessing? I love the color combo.

Originally Posted by rockstar143 (Post 16297273)
Lulz...:rofl:
she made that same joke when she read it on the badge...I watched a youtube last night and realized that polestar is their equivalent to AMG...it says that on the back along with "R Design" on the front strut brace so maybe it's got some upgrades I'm not even familiar with. I can tell you that after having a little more seat time this morning, the damn thing is geared very very well...8 speed auto with paddle shitters...light touch of the go pedal drops a gear and feels perfect for 65 to 80 overtaking. :love:

Thanks guys...yeah, it's odd that I didn't even think about this brand until that morning. Then it dawned on me that a friend of mine is a general manager at a local dealership and that I had seen 3 newer volvos parked near each other the other day and thought to myself wow...those are fucking hot. I guess it was in my subconscious...now that I see the wheels, the color and interior vs what's for sale elsewhere I can say that I think we got very lucky with this purchase.

Polestar is Volvo's tuning arm. There is an actual V60 Polestar from the factory but it's insanely expensive, incredibly rare, is AWD, and only comes in a few colors none of which are this one lol. Also, it would have the Polestar stuff on the front grille and engine covers. I heavily considered one before buying the Golf but I couldn't justify the $60k cost for one and they don't go for under MSRP and the used market is probably worse because rare. You can also get the Polestar tuning package from dealers much in the same way you can get Dinan tunes from BMW dealers. Adds some power and fun and keeps the warranty. Can't complain!

Good luck with it and enjoy! Please don't test out the crash safety though.

rockstar143 09-14-2018 09:31 AM

I went from sitting at my work desk where my sciatica was hurting...to go sit in the volvo to get relief just now. Incredible how comfy they are...
we did scroll through the the different themes and both agreed that although we didn't love the red backdrop, we liked performance better.

Polestar blue is tits, Sam...and yeah, I knew it wasn't a legit one but I was curious what might be from polestar on the car...maybe a tune from factory? suspension? The tire sidewalls aren't wide or stiff enough but I can tell this thing handles really really well, the tires are definitely the limiting factor. I'm really quite shocked just how well this thing gets up and goes though...and then if you slow the fuck down bam...37mpg. :love:

SamDoe1 09-14-2018 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by rockstar143 (Post 16297292)
I went from sitting at my work desk where my sciatica was hurting...to go sit in the volvo to get relief just now. Incredible how comfy they are...
we did scroll through the the different themes and both agreed that although we didn't love the red backdrop, we liked performance better.

Polestar blue is tits, Sam...and yeah, I knew it wasn't a legit one but I was curious what might be from polestar on the car...maybe a tune from factory? suspension? The tire sidewalls aren't wide or stiff enough but I can tell this thing handles really really well, the tires are definitely the limiting factor. I'm really quite shocked just how well this thing gets up and goes though...and then if you slow the fuck down bam...37mpg. :love:

Probably just a tune, doubtful on suspension. Here's what I found: https://engineered.polestar.com/us/p...tomatic-2015-2

Welcome to the world of 2.0T 4 cylinders. :)

kurtatx 09-14-2018 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by brian2 (Post 16297271)
I had to look up polestar.... does that replace the R models?

I think it's like all-electric AMG but a separate brand

rockstar143 09-14-2018 11:05 AM

Welcome to the 2.0t? :rofl:
Shiet, I been ballin out since July of last year! My Audi gets no respeck on my name!

SamDoe1 09-14-2018 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by rockstar143 (Post 16297363)
Welcome to the 2.0t? :rofl:
Shiet, I been ballin out since July of last year! My Audi gets no respeck on my name!

I forget that motor even existed. It's slow AF. :rofl:

rockstar143 09-14-2018 11:12 AM

wanna line up?!?! :run:
shiet, ever since I took that cat out and basically made a downpipe this thing screams!

SamDoe1 09-14-2018 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by rockstar143 (Post 16297378)
wanna line up?!?! :run:
shiet, ever since I took that cat out and basically made a downpipe this thing screams!

Yup. Against the A3 though, I don't have a prayer against the Vagon...until next summer that is. :toocool:

thoiboi 09-14-2018 11:41 AM

And here I was thinking... nahhhh no way rockstar will have a build thread for this right? :tomato:

3 days late? You slackin' son... :nono:

ttribe 09-14-2018 11:42 AM

Looks fantastic! Congrats!

cu2wagon 09-14-2018 11:58 AM

Oh look. This shit again.

rockstar143 09-14-2018 12:17 PM

You really jumped on the asshole bandwagon and stayed there! At least I won't be lonely on it anymore!

I know it Sam...tuned turbo is where it's at...even on the V, the real serious power guys ditch the SC for a TT setup.

Thanks Tim!

thoiboi 09-14-2018 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by rockstar143 (Post 16297436)
You really jumped on the asshole bandwagon and stayed there! At least I won't be lonely on it anymore!

:banana:

thoiboi 09-14-2018 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by rockstar143 (Post 16297227)
I joke around about how much I love her and that she's hot enough that if she were a thai ladyboy I'd just tell her not to tell anyone and be fine with it. :tomato:

From one ladiboi to another... I gotta say, she looks DAMN good :nod: gotta get in touch with her doctor

rockstar143 09-14-2018 12:20 PM

:pofl:

cu2wagon 09-14-2018 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by rockstar143 (Post 16297436)

I know it Sam...tuned turbo is where it's at...even on the V, the real serious power guys ditch the SC for a TT setup.

Thanks Tim!

I just mean another RS143 build thread.

But thank you for the kind words.

KaMLuNg 09-14-2018 12:38 PM

three wagons in the house??? how long till cuck exits stage left??? :tomato:

JS + XES 09-14-2018 12:49 PM

Love it!! Congrats to her!

Stapler 09-14-2018 12:50 PM

My aunt once bought a brown volvo station wagon. It didn't look anything like this.

RPhilMan1 09-14-2018 01:21 PM

I love the lines and look of the car, inside and out! Congrats on the purchase and the happy woman! ;)

rockstar143 09-14-2018 01:34 PM

Thanks fellas,
Let's put it this way...I borrowed it to take to work to drive it a bit and show my friend at work...I had to catch a ride to bring either the Volvo back or my Audi back that I had parked there...
she was like, I had to take your stupid Caddy to drop the kids...can you bring my Volvo back? :tomato:

Joseph Fux, I love you too bro. :hug:

Audi is already listed...
I had a pending sale but it was from a cheapskate lowballer friend of mine that would have been a pain in my ass over every future issue it had. Glad he decided to skip it.

JT4 09-14-2018 02:31 PM

Congrats on the Volvo, very nice looking wagon... So are you going to call it a "Vagon" also... LOL:biggrin:

cu2wagon 09-14-2018 02:46 PM

"Vulvagon"