The Rebirth - CCColtsicehockey TSX Thread - Page 3 - AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

Go Back  AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community > Automotive Discussion > Car Talk
Reload this Page >

The Rebirth - CCColtsicehockey TSX Thread

Notices

The Rebirth - CCColtsicehockey TSX Thread

 
Old 02-11-2019, 04:08 PM
  #81  
WTF?
 
Midnight Mystery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Mississippi Coast
Age: 22
Posts: 4,376
Thanks: 0
Thanked 227 Times in 202 Posts
Rice Rocket done right!


Haven't you had this car a long time now?
Midnight Mystery is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 04:11 PM
  #82  
WTF?
 
Midnight Mystery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Mississippi Coast
Age: 22
Posts: 4,376
Thanks: 0
Thanked 227 Times in 202 Posts
Originally Posted by CCColtsicehockey View Post
That never even crossed my mind. Wonder what the best way to approach that is. Maybe a can of Rustoleum and a foam brush?

One thing I am worried about is water/moisture getting into the trunk through those two holes that are now cut outside of the rubber trunk seal area. Not sure the best way to seal those against that. The only thing so far I can think of is maybe some dynomat like material full put over the hole.
I remember someone on YouTube used tough up paint for protecting the exposed metal where a hole was drilled for an accessory, such as a spoiler. However, rustolium would likely provide better rust protection.


About tge leaking, can you put a thin rubber washer in there? Or would that raise the spoiler above it's mounting braket and look stupid?
Midnight Mystery is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 04:32 PM
  #83  
Registered Member
 
00TL-P3.2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Spring, TX
Age: 33
Posts: 10,902
Thanked 1,471 Times in 1,085 Posts
Looks good, though the wing angle seems a bit on the extreme side? Looking forward to seeing the finished product.
00TL-P3.2 is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 05:24 PM
  #84  
Senior Moderator
 
Yumcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 145,691
Thanked 14,673 Times in 9,112 Posts
Looks great. The TSX too. :2cool:



But, mein gott, I love that NSX.
Yumcha is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 08:13 PM
  #85  
Senior Moderator
iTrader: (5)
 
KaMLuNg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Age: 36
Posts: 15,411
Thanked 908 Times in 661 Posts
Originally Posted by CCColtsicehockey View Post
That never even crossed my mind. Wonder what the best way to approach that is. Maybe a can of Rustoleum and a foam brush?

One thing I am worried about is water/moisture getting into the trunk through those two holes that are now cut outside of the rubber trunk seal area. Not sure the best way to seal those against that. The only thing so far I can think of is maybe some dynomat like material full put over the hole.
rustoleum or whatever paint of choice... rattle can is fine, spray it into the cap of the rattle can, then use a small brush and dab it on... few layers should be fine just so the the fresh metal isn't exposed.... then use a small rubber grommet like when running car audio wires for the top of the trunk where the spoiler attaches... for the bottom you can get a plug...

i used this trick when i used to install subs and have to drill through the firewall for the power wire...

i'll text you
KaMLuNg is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 09:39 PM
  #86  
Moderator
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)
Thread Starter
 
CCColtsicehockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Mooresville, NC
Age: 32
Posts: 40,710
Thanked 2,421 Times in 1,720 Posts
Originally Posted by Midnight Mystery View Post
Rice Rocket done right!


Haven't you had this car a long time now?
My family is the original owner. First owned by my parents then passed down to me. We have had the car since October 2003.
CCColtsicehockey is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 09:40 PM
  #87  
Moderator
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)
Thread Starter
 
CCColtsicehockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Mooresville, NC
Age: 32
Posts: 40,710
Thanked 2,421 Times in 1,720 Posts
Originally Posted by 00TL-P3.2 View Post
Looks good, though the wing angle seems a bit on the extreme side? Looking forward to seeing the finished product.
Yeah forgot to adjust the angle before I took the pictures. It was set to max angle and it was shipped. I have since dialed it back two settings.
CCColtsicehockey is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to CCColtsicehockey For This Useful Post:
00TL-P3.2 (02-12-2019)
Old 02-11-2019, 09:42 PM
  #88  
Moderator
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)
Thread Starter
 
CCColtsicehockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Mooresville, NC
Age: 32
Posts: 40,710
Thanked 2,421 Times in 1,720 Posts
Originally Posted by Yumcha View Post
Looks great. The TSX too. :2cool:



But, mein gott, I love that NSX.
Thanks Twig. Now I need to get a matching wing for the NSX.
CCColtsicehockey is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 09:43 PM
  #89  
Moderator
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)
Thread Starter
 
CCColtsicehockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Mooresville, NC
Age: 32
Posts: 40,710
Thanked 2,421 Times in 1,720 Posts
Originally Posted by KaMLuNg View Post
rustoleum or whatever paint of choice... rattle can is fine, spray it into the cap of the rattle can, then use a small brush and dab it on... few layers should be fine just so the the fresh metal isn't exposed.... then use a small rubber grommet like when running car audio wires for the top of the trunk where the spoiler attaches... for the bottom you can get a plug...

i used this trick when i used to install subs and have to drill through the firewall for the power wire...

i'll text you
Yeah makes sense for sure. Definitely need to do this before I put the vinyl wrap on. Hopefully I can get that done in the next two weeks. If not I will do the paint before then.
CCColtsicehockey is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 10:09 AM
  #90  
Steve
iTrader: (7)
 
BreezyTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: SE Wisco
Age: 31
Posts: 2,731
Thanked 417 Times in 331 Posts
Not a fan of the wing but to each their own. Looks like you have put a lot of work into that car! Keep it up!
BreezyTL is online now  
The Following User Says Thank You to BreezyTL For This Useful Post:
CCColtsicehockey (02-12-2019)
Old 02-12-2019, 12:27 PM
  #91  
Moderator
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)
Thread Starter
 
CCColtsicehockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Mooresville, NC
Age: 32
Posts: 40,710
Thanked 2,421 Times in 1,720 Posts
Originally Posted by BreezyTL View Post
Not a fan of the wing but to each their own. Looks like you have put a lot of work into that car! Keep it up!
Everyone definitely entitled to their own opinion and to be honest I am really surprised it took this long to get someone that wasn't a fan of it. I was thinking that would be most of what I would get.
CCColtsicehockey is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 01:03 PM
  #92  
WTF?
 
Midnight Mystery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Mississippi Coast
Age: 22
Posts: 4,376
Thanks: 0
Thanked 227 Times in 202 Posts
Nice to see you take it with stride!

I know your TSX is mainly a tuner car. It's nice to see someone build a TSX the right way and take their time.

What happened to the green wheels?
Midnight Mystery is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 01:17 PM
  #93  
Moderator
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)
Thread Starter
 
CCColtsicehockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Mooresville, NC
Age: 32
Posts: 40,710
Thanked 2,421 Times in 1,720 Posts
Originally Posted by Midnight Mystery View Post
Nice to see you take it with stride!

I know your TSX is mainly a tuner car. It's nice to see someone build a TSX the right way and take their time.

What happened to the green wheels?
Everyone is entitled to their opinion on everything. No reason to get bent out of shape over something like a car.

Yeah there are some really clean TSX builds out there. There are also a lot of newer builds out there just about crazy stance and that just isn't my thing and to each their own.

The green wheels are still around as are pretty much every set of wheels I have ever had. They are all just sitting on my wheel storage rack. Have only got rid of two sets of wheels from the TSX. One set I never liked on it from the start and the other I traded for some parts to further my build. Those parts still are not on the car though. Don't know when I will get around to finishing that part of the project.
CCColtsicehockey is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 02:24 PM
  #94  
Steve
iTrader: (7)
 
BreezyTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: SE Wisco
Age: 31
Posts: 2,731
Thanked 417 Times in 331 Posts
Originally Posted by CCColtsicehockey View Post
Everyone definitely entitled to their own opinion and to be honest I am really surprised it took this long to get someone that wasn't a fan of it. I was thinking that would be most of what I would get.
I may even just need to see it in person. I am just happy your wheels aren't cambered to no return!
BreezyTL is online now  
Old 02-12-2019, 02:57 PM
  #95  
Registered Member
 
00TL-P3.2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Spring, TX
Age: 33
Posts: 10,902
Thanked 1,471 Times in 1,085 Posts
Function > Form. Where in this case, Function looks great.
00TL-P3.2 is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 03:39 PM
  #96  
Registered Member
 
oonowindoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 15,261
Thanked 2,475 Times in 1,725 Posts
Originally Posted by CCColtsicehockey View Post
Everyone definitely entitled to their own opinion and to be honest I am really surprised it took this long to get someone that wasn't a fan of it. I was thinking that would be most of what I would get.
Normally i dont like GT wings unless it is a full track car. But Since it is Js..... Js anything is legit.
oonowindoo is offline  
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
JT Money
Ramblings
8
08-05-2018 10:06 AM
TheAcAvenger
Car Talk
21
01-29-2006 08:42 PM
kansaiwalker1
Automotive News
4
12-17-2003 09:13 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The Rebirth - CCColtsicehockey TSX Thread


Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.