Raced SRT-4 /w mods

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2005, 09:32 AM
I

Received 58 Likes on 24 Posts
Raced SRT-4 /w mods

I had raced an SRT-4 before on the highway in my CL-S with Icebox and headers. The thing kept pulling away slowly but suerly with speed. (that lovely 4th gear) I'm pretty sure that one was stock.

Two nights ago I was at a light waiting for it to turn green. I saw the cross traffic stopping because it was turning yellow, and this SRT-4 made a turn onto my street just before it turned red. So I sped up to catch up to him. I'm pretty sure he saw me because soon enough I stopped pulling and we were going about 90+. This was a two lane street which was about to end. Someone was in the right lane and we passed him just in time for me to get behind the SRT-4.

There was a light coming up (it was green) and a minivan was making a right turn. As soon as the minivan made the turn I knew he was gonna go for it. I heard him downshift, probably just waiting to take off. The exhaust actually sounded pretty good. I downshifted to 2nd going about 35 and kept my distance. After the minivan made the turn it was on. I heard his exhaust, but I hit my sweet torque spot and was right on him. We got up to about 95. We stayed even in second, but once I shifted to third, I started reeling him in slowly. I had to back off by 95 because I was getting too close to him. Only mod I know he had was the exhaust.

The road opened up to two lanes again and I flashed my high beems for him to slow down, but he didnt, so I just turned off at the next light. Too bad we didn't have two lanes.

I was by myself and was low on gas, but had over 100 lbs of audio exquipment in my trunk.
Old 08-04-2005, 10:50 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
we should agree on not racing neons. before you get smoked like fat joe, youll have nothing to lean on.
Old 08-04-2005, 11:25 AM
Comptech Freak

they are mini rockets

i have seen a lot of those lately
Old 08-04-2005, 11:27 AM
I

Yeah, they are.

Are they even on the same platform as the neons? I mean they look the same, but I think dodge just calls them SRT-4, not neon SRT-4. Those little fukkers are so easy to mod.
Old 08-04-2005, 11:50 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
His exhaust was probably stock. They come from the factory without mufflers. They are loud right out of the box.

Be careful racing on public roads.
Old 08-04-2005, 12:05 PM
'Big Daddy Diggler'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
When my Trans Am was stock i ate a few of them up, some were stock, some were lightly modded. Then came the big mod guys that pulled on me on the highway, be could never get me off the line. Then i went with headers, intake and a cat back. I realy dont have trouble with them anymore, except for the few guys that are really pushing big power. But i do get a tingling sensation when i see one. They are known to be quick, but there are some that are just brutaly fast. Bitch is that you never know which ones they are because owners usually modify the performance not the looks.
Old 08-04-2005, 12:07 PM
I

Originally Posted by paulff3
His exhaust was probably stock. They come from the factory without mufflers. They are loud right out of the box.

Be careful racing on public roads.
I'm pretty sure it had an aftermarket exhaust. The exhaust pipes looked bigger than stock and sounded a lot better than the previous one I had raced. The one I raced in the CL-S looked like it had a stock exhaust.
Old 08-05-2005, 04:39 PM
Instructor

The '05 SRT4 come with a Limited Slip and some sticky ass tires. I've been raped more than once by the SRT4. They're pretty damn fast!