Quick Review of Thermoblok IM spacer on SCed Car

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2005, 06:55 PM
Parting out 02 Type S :(

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quick Review of Thermoblok IM spacer on SCed Car

Check my sig if you dont know what else i have. Allmotor and i got the Intake Manifold spacer in this past weekend. We didnt put the TB spacer as the alignment of the elbow would be too far off, so we decided to use only one of them!
Finally, we got it in. Not as hard of an install as some might think, but then allmotor knew what he was doing, didnt even need the instructions (i lost them lol).

After the install, we went for a ride and immediately i spun all of first. I usually would spin a little and catch, now it just spins all of it to redline.
I came back to SD and noticed even more tq in the low and mid range. The car definately has more power than ever before, and this was confirmed by roasting half of 2nd in ideal conditions.
Before i would spin some of first, be lucky to chirp into 2nd. The other night i couldnt stop spinning in first even with VSA on, finally made it into 2nd and spun till about 5500 rpms were i caught and rocketed forward, finishing 2nd with ease.
I only installed the intake manifold spacer, so results could have been even better with the throttle body spacer.
Overall i give this product 1 thumb up. Reason being is that after you punch it 2-3 times, the heat builds up and the power difference is no longer there, until you let it cool down! This was expected as any cooling mod should have decreasing efficiency after a few pulls.
Finally, i have put the TB spacer for sale in the black market. Price now lowered to 40 shipped, 35 pickup! The TB spacer should be much easier to install than the IM one, making it as or easier than an intake install.
Old 05-12-2005, 07:02 PM
Parting out 02 Type S :(

Ill take this moment to also add a note about my past two dynos. The first dyno showed a 10.0 afr in vtec. The ten HP gain was achieved by only raising it to 10.5 in vtec. Average of the gains is around 7 whp in the upper rpms with just a .5 afr increase. If we can get the afr to hit 11.0's consistently, with the thermoblok i should see approx. 250 wtq and 270 or more whp.
Im also going to install a gatorback belt to help prevent any belt slip. Hopefully with full boost (i was getting drops in boost in upper rpms), thermoblok, a little more leaning out (if possible, allmotor advises against it) i could possibly see mid 270's. That is my goal for the future, which is pretty damn good without any exhaust modifications!
Old 05-12-2005, 07:37 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Nice.

I just got done installing mine and when I gave it some throttle to go around someone I spun the tires where I normally wouldn't have. And I have a CL-P with no other mods.

Yea, the install was fairly easy. I think I may have stripped one of the studs though Not sure. It doesn't seem to be leaking.
Old 05-12-2005, 07:42 PM
Beware of leakage

Nice review. Sounds like a nice tireburning mod, oh yeah, that S/C helps too