Problem with a dealer

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 10:09 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Problem with a dealer

So, back in Summer of 1999, my parents bought a 1999.5 Nissan Pathfinder LE at Bay Ridge Nissan. They didn't know much about cars and such and at first they seem to have gotten a pretty good deal on the car, but at the end I think they got ripped off by the finance manager (adding alarm, lojack, crap, etc). The good part was that they gave us free lifetime oil changes as part of the deal.

Zoom to last year, or it might've been the year before, my dad took the car in for oil change, only to find that they no longer honor our free oil changes. Unfortunately, I don't think it was written on the contract, but mind you, we took the car in for oil changes for free for the first 35k miles or so of the car. What's more frustrating is that during one of these visits, the car got scratched on the passengers side (about 2' long scuff mark, but only visible in certain angles), and they didn't take responsibility for it. They even accused my dad of blaming them for it, since when they took the car in, they x'ed out on the writeup that there was scratches on basically every part of the car (you know, those sheets where they have a diagram of the car to note damages). Of course my dad didn't know about this at the time. He argued with the service manager but only to get more frustrated.

We tried to complain to Nissan HQ by mail and by phone, what we got was a 'nothing we can do' answer, with a pretty bad attitude from the rep. We also filed with BBB, but I'm not sure what happened to that, since my brother did the filing.

Scroll to this year..... so it's been a couple years since this has happened, and I know it's probably kinda late, but is there anything I can do to follow up and complain about this? This has caused us much frustration, and enough for us to not to buy from Nissan ever again, if they keep up this attitude. They didn't even express any form of apology.
Old 01-31-2007, 01:22 PM
Team Owner

Received 602 Likes on 419 Posts
Unfortunately, unless you have some kind of written contract stating that they will do lifetime oil changes without any mileage or time restrictions, then there is not much you will be able to do.