Predatorbird's 2017 VW GTI - Page 15 - AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

Notices

Predatorbird's 2017 VW GTI

Old 03-15-2019, 09:51 AM
Bird is the Word

Originally Posted by civicdrivr View Post
I kinda miss that little spooly-boi IS20 in the GTI, made gobs of power at like 2k rpm but died at 5k

3k is about the same as the standard threshold for the factory IS38, but the L450 flows more. The stock IS38 doesn't die as hard as the IS20 in high rpms, but it does lose some boost pressure around 6k or so. I think you made a solid choice for a daily, and it will surprise a lot of people.

Definitely get some dyno time scheduled to dial in the tune. It'll be way better then a street tune.
Thanks. I think it will end up being a great choice all said and done. The shop charges $100/hour and Ed says it takes 2-3 hours. I was going to get it on the dyno after the tune is finished to get numbers, so some of that cost is a wash. I tried to plug my datalog into Vdyno to get an estimate, but the log was missing some parameters. I might do another pull later with those checked off to see where the car sits at baseline.

Old Today, 09:48 AM
Mi Boosta

Thanked 1,560 Times in 969 Posts
Updates!
Old Today, 05:54 PM
Bird is the Word

Originally Posted by TylerT View Post
Updates!
I just loaded my 3rd revision this morning, but it's been raining and I haven't been able to get on it. I talked to a guy earlier today that's getting his EQT turbo GTI tuned by the same guy (EQT is the tuners turbo) and he said he felt the base tune was very conservative and his car really started to wake up with his 4th revision. The tuner said he usually does 8-10 revisions when tuning. Tuning from this point forward might get a little sketchy. He's been asking for 3rd gear pulls, but now he asked me to try for a 4th gear pull as well. It might be time to rent a dyno to finish up.

While on my way to work yesterday, I was at a red light and decided to roll into 1st gear and let it rip when the light turned green. Cobb traction control works amazing! I had very little slip and the car fucking took off. I fell in love with my car and it's no where near being done. I can only imagine how the car will feel once it's done.
Old Today, 06:42 PM
put it in your mouth

Thanked 4,500 Times in 2,760 Posts
A lot of the FWD Eurodyne guys are hoping they integrate traction control similar to what Cobb has. I've heard from others that it's pretty good.

And yeah, put it on the rollers to revise further. Street tuning in 4th is taking you to what, 130-140mph?
Old Today, 06:49 PM
Bird is the Word

Originally Posted by civicdrivr View Post
A lot of the FWD Eurodyne guys are hoping they integrate traction control similar to what Cobb has. I've heard from others that it's pretty good.

And yeah, put it on the rollers to revise further. Street tuning in 4th is taking you to what, 130-140mph?
Yeah it's just over 130. I can do it at the spot I've been using, but still sketchy.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.