Parting out, saying byebye to acura! :(

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2006, 07:50 PM
Parting out 02 Type S :(

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Parting out, saying byebye to acura! :(

Well, its time. The car must go, and all the parts have already been taken off. I just drove it right now without any mods whatsoever, and its not as bad as i thought it would be.
The next step is getting an is250. YES it is underpowered, but it has luxury and sporty looks/handling so it will have to do.
I will continue roaming the forums as i have learned everything in one way or another through this forum. ACL is still one of the good forums left on the net, hopefully it will stay that way for years to come!
Just a quick heads up on what will be available:
Wilwood 6 piston brakes (no rotors, they were resurfaced improperly and are no good)
Tokico Illumina with H&R oe (1 inch) springs
Stone headers
In about a week or so, the SC kit will be up for sale w/ boost gauge and wideband, emanage and harness, and a few misc. parts

If you guys have any recommendations for the next car, i would love to hear it. I am looking to lease for 3 yrs 10-12k miles 400 a month w/ less than 2k at signing.
Old 05-06-2006, 10:45 PM
says "hello to my TLX".

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
damn. too bad i never got to meet you at any of our meets. you should probably post this in the 2G CL forum man. you know everyone knows you there! good luck from now on!
Old 05-06-2006, 10:51 PM
go like hell

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by power3dfx
Well, its time. The car must go, and all the parts have already been taken off. I just drove it right now without any mods whatsoever, and its not as bad as i thought it would be.
The next step is getting an is250. YES it is underpowered, but it has luxury and sporty looks/handling so it will have to do.
I will continue roaming the forums as i have learned everything in one way or another through this forum. ACL is still one of the good forums left on the net, hopefully it will stay that way for years to come!
Just a quick heads up on what will be available:
Wilwood 6 piston brakes (no rotors, they were resurfaced improperly and are no good)
Tokico Illumina with H&R oe (1 inch) springs
Stone headers
In about a week or so, the SC kit will be up for sale w/ boost gauge and wideband, emanage and harness, and a few misc. parts

If you guys have any recommendations for the next car, i would love to hear it. I am looking to lease for 3 yrs 10-12k miles 400 a month w/ less than 2k at signing.
I was cranking numbers on GMAC lease estimator. This is what I came up with basically you can get a 16 grand car with 1900 dollars due at signing for 36 months with a 3.75% intrest rate now this is about about 15 dollars over budget but it's only 4 bucks a week. with these figures It came out to $413.72 per month.
what I'd suggest a Scion tC stick with no options is right in that ball park.it's 160 hp and toyota powered.
If you get lucky and find a Nissan dealer willing to deal on a Nissan Altima SE-R (not the spec V) you might be able to get into that for about the same price that's 175 hp and a fun little car.
if your not all about performance Honda Fit Sport. it's 109 hp and has a MP3 player with 6 speakers. i haven't driven it but it's a fun looking little ride. you could get into that with no money down(if you're a good talker) for 375 or 380 a month.
Old 05-08-2006, 04:02 PM
Enjoy the Ride

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sun Diego CL-S
damn. too bad i never got to meet you at any of our meets. you should probably post this in the 2G CL forum man. you know everyone knows you there! good luck from now on!
he has a TLS just to let everyone know.