Parking citation dated almost 2 years ago

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 11:33 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Parking citation dated almost 2 years ago

Hey everyone,

So I received a delinquent notice for a parking citation I never knew about in the mail and the citation was dated for almost 2 years ago. The only thing I'm wondering about is that I thought the fee for the citation automatically attaches to DMV registration fees if it's unpaid at the time you're renewing the tags. I renewed my registration in october 2009, which is months after the date of that bogus citation and I also renewed it in october of last year, which is over a year after that bogus citation. Both times when I renewed my registration, there was nothing on record regarding this citation. I'm wondering if the city that issued that citation is just trying to make money. Should I contest this violation by showing proof of my registration because I did see on DMV's website that a vehicle's registration cannot be renewed unless all unpaid parking/toll violations have been paid. Or you must pay it along with the renewal fees. So I don't know. It seems shady to me.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:41 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,000 Likes on 1,421 Posts
does the violation sound legitimate like a street ticket when you parked in the street? If not, then call them up and contest it. If it sounds a bit legit, then look into it further before you call and end up screwing yourself esp. if they may have a picture!

Also did your plate # change in the last year or so? If yes, sometimes the ticket can be attached to the plate and come along with you. I got a ticket in the mail for running a redlight in miami from 2002 last year when I got my new plate. I didn't even own the TL in that year nor was I in miami!

I called up the # and explained to the them I just got the plate and they deleted it!