NSX might be getting a lil brother...

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2019, 07:19 PM
I feel the need...

Received 515 Likes on 363 Posts
Originally Posted by RPhilMan1
Are those parking lights or did it always have amber DRL? That looks like the turn signals..
They are. Just happened to take still from video when it was being backed up at the dealer and liked the shot.
The following users liked this post:
RPhilMan1 (04-25-2019)
Old 04-25-2019, 08:29 AM

Received 5,293 Likes on 3,627 Posts
Are those parking lights or did it always have amber DRL? That looks like the turn signals.

Hmm looks a little naked to me without the wing. Almost like those STi owners that took off their wing.
It's an OE option on the STi for the wing delete
Old 04-25-2019, 01:46 PM
2024 Honda Civic Type R

Received 1,454 Likes on 923 Posts
Originally Posted by 00TL-P3.2
It's an OE option on the STi for the wing delete
I was more referring to the years past but I just checked their site and I don't see such an option anyway.

(Use to see a lot of thread posts on STi owners wanting to trunk swap with WRX owners too.)
Old 04-25-2019, 03:43 PM

Received 5,293 Likes on 3,627 Posts
Ah, I don't remember many STi without the shopping cart wing. I do recall the EVO MR getting a wing delete.

Either way, the CTR looks just a bit off with nothing on the rear, IMO. I think the low spoiler option would finish it off nicely.
Old 04-25-2019, 06:55 PM
I feel the need...

Well, I racked up 600 miles as fast as possible and am outta break-in prison. Gotta say, this platform is screaming for SH-AWD. Its frustrating to mash the go pedal only to experience wheel hop on all but the most perfect tarmac which is like never.

I have the dreaded gear grind from 1st to 2nd. Happens very rarely, but when it does its very disconcerting. No rhyme or reason as the when or why, almost feels like its missing a synchro.

Still this car is a riot. It takes every ounce of will power not to hoon this puppy at every curve in the road. Overall, happy camper.
The following 4 users liked this post by Fibonacci:
00TL-P3.2 (04-26-2019), civicdrivr (04-25-2019), JS + XES (04-26-2019), nist7 (04-29-2019)
Old 04-25-2019, 09:21 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Received 834 Likes on 518 Posts
Are you using normal.p zero tires? The stock contis are deCent with putting the power down. The pilot 4s are great too.
Old 04-26-2019, 02:12 PM
2024 Honda Civic Type R

Received 1,454 Likes on 923 Posts
Originally Posted by Fibonacci
Gotta say, this platform is screaming for SH-AWD. Its frustrating to mash the go pedal only to experience wheel hop on all but the most perfect tarmac which is like never.
Glad you are a happy camper but this is the reason why my next car won't be FWD no matter what it is.
Old 04-27-2019, 07:45 AM
I feel the need...

Originally Posted by iforyou
Are you using normal.p zero tires? The stock contis are deCent with putting the power down. The pilot 4s are great too.
Not sure what exactly "normal" p zero's are. My tire rack set: 18x8 OZ Alleggerita HLT with 235/45 ZR-18 Pirelli P Zero Nero GT XL.

I certainly don't pretend to be a wheel/tire expert and the handling/traction is compromised with having an aftermarket set of slightly narrower rubber on taller sidewall, but given that I experienced two flats, a sidewall separation bulge, and a bent rim on my Golf R stock 19" wheels w/ 35 series sidewall within 30 months of ownership, no way that 30 sidewall is going to survive for long on the roads around here.

Ironically, the second day had the car rolling into a parking lot I bumped into a new CTR owner who had already experienced pothole blowout which reconfirmed my choice to immediately put my aftermarket set on upon delivery. Still have my OEM setup listed on eBay but doesn't look like they will sell quickly. May just keep them as a back up set.
Old 04-27-2019, 07:55 AM
I feel the need...

Glad you are a happy camper but this is the reason why my next car won't be FWD no matter what it is.
Word. I miss my R but the CTR is still fun overall. Can easily imagine myself back in a MK8 R in a couple of years.

Trying to find a manual equipped commuter that is entertaining to drive is difficult to find these days. Need a compact package because my garage at work has super tight parking spots and just have this itch for hot hatches I keep having to scratch!

Sadly, we'll all be driven by robots and 6MT's will be unicorns sooner than we probably think.
The following 2 users liked this post by Fibonacci:
nist7 (04-29-2019), RPhilMan1 (04-29-2019)
Old 04-29-2019, 08:58 PM
I feel the need...

The Honda Civic Type R Is Better Than These 8 More Expensive Performance Cars

Two years ago, the Honda Civic Type R took the enthusiast world by storm. To many, the front-wheel-drive newbie trounced its all-wheel-drive counterparts, such as the Ford Focus RS and Volkswagen Golf R—it won multiple awards from a number of magazines and publications all of which claimed it was the best hot hatch in decades.

Then it took on the big guys at the Nurburgring, where it crushed the Nissan GT-R, the previous-gen Audi R8, a Pagani Zonda S, the Bugatti EB110 SS, and matched the time of the 997 generation Porsche 911 GT3 RS...
https://www.thedrive.com/a-list/2759...rformance-cars

Old 05-01-2019, 12:03 AM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Originally Posted by Fibonacci
Not sure what exactly "normal" p zero's are. My tire rack set: 18x8 OZ Alleggerita HLT with 235/45 ZR-18 Pirelli P Zero Nero GT XL.

I certainly don't pretend to be a wheel/tire expert and the handling/traction is compromised with having an aftermarket set of slightly narrower rubber on taller sidewall, but given that I experienced two flats, a sidewall separation bulge, and a bent rim on my Golf R stock 19" wheels w/ 35 series sidewall within 30 months of ownership, no way that 30 sidewall is going to survive for long on the roads around here.

Ironically, the second day had the car rolling into a parking lot I bumped into a new CTR owner who had already experienced pothole blowout which reconfirmed my choice to immediately put my aftermarket set on upon delivery. Still have my OEM setup listed on eBay but doesn't look like they will sell quickly. May just keep them as a back up set.
I see, yea I think the narrower tires don't help much...I experience the lack of grip with my 225 wide winter tires haha. I hear you about the rubber band like oem tires...Lol.

I would suggest getting Hondata if the wheelspin and wheel hop bother you. While it won't launch like a awd car, with the hondata traction control, it would make aggressive off the line acceleration smooth and relatively quick. No more bogging down or power and boost being cut when the oem traction control kicks in abruptly.
Old 05-01-2019, 10:48 PM
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
NSX & CTR?? what the heck... can one of you be my mentor? like for real.... dead serious
Old 05-05-2019, 08:26 AM
I feel the need...

^^ I can't speak of iforyou, but my story was being always the kid hustling because I had no other choice. Was an orphan, then raised in a broken foster family. Not quite trailer park, but perhaps barely a notch above. Remember shoveling driveways and mowing lawns for five bucks when I was 10yo. Plenty of minimum wage jobs along the way and multiple ones at the same time to pay my way through college. As it relates to cars, because this is an auto enthusiast site, my first car in high school was $350 rusted out 1980 Mazda GLC w/ 4 speed manual & rear wheel drive. I loved it. It represented freedom.

Upon graduation and entering the real world, my close friends grabbed auto loans to buy new wheels. I resisted the temptation and drove my Prelude into the ground. Swore I wouldn't buy a brand new car until could afford to pay cash. My 1G TSX represented that milestone and it just so happens to coincide with the time I discovered this site.

Point being, the pictures you see here are the byproduct of 20+ years of hard work, sacrifice, saving/investing and delayed gratification. If I can do it, anyone can. God bless America.

Anywhoo, back on topic...

The CTR NEEDS SH-AWD!!! Also a larger gas tank. A bit more luxury. Tone down the styling. Charge $8 grand more for it and call it a ILX Type S. You're welcome Acura.
The following 3 users liked this post by Fibonacci:
civicdrivr (05-05-2019), nist7 (05-07-2019), RPhilMan1 (05-06-2019)
Old 05-07-2019, 05:06 PM
I feel the need...

Just sold my OEM 20" wheel/tire set. Only netted 2 grand after shipping, feel like they were almost a giveaway at the price as the tires alone are worth $300 each. Time to go shopping...
The following users liked this post:
iforyou (05-08-2019)
Old 05-08-2019, 12:28 AM
You'll Never Walk Alone

$2k is pretty good for oem wheels I think. You gonna buy more wheels or car parts?

I grew up in a more stable environment. My family came from Hong Kong and both my parents had decent jobs. We immigrated to Canada when I was ten. Unfortunately my parents could only find jobs that barely paid above min wages due to a lack of Canadian work experience. Still, my parents were immense in a sense that they provided as much as possible. Heck, I didn't have to pay for my undergrad. As such I would say I'm more privileged than a lot of people and it's definitely a headstart without any student loan.

My background is in engineering and after graduation, I spent years working for the regional transportation company. Since I live in Vancouver where housing is especially expensive, it's always been my desire to be an entrepreneur as I feel like that's the only way to go if I wanna own my dream cars. I spent my spare time reading those how to get rich books and some business books. I also I tried different ways to bring in more income and eventually started a partnership with a couple university friends. We started with a 3d printer (best $1000 I invested lol) several years ago and since then, we have launched several Kickstarter projects using our spare time.

I think the idea is that you don't need to be book smart. For me it's about putting in the hard work, keeping an open mind, and constantly looking out for potential opportunities.
The following 3 users liked this post by iforyou:
civicdrivr (05-08-2019), nist7 (05-09-2019), RPhilMan1 (05-08-2019)
Old 05-08-2019, 04:57 AM
I feel the need...

Originally Posted by iforyou
I think the idea is that you don't need to be book smart. For me it's about putting in the hard work, keeping an open mind, and constantly looking out for potential opportunities.
There are a million pathways to success, but totally agree in the sense effort, hustle and acting on opportunity trumps any degree or certificate you may carry. But I also think one of the important rules for success is reading a lot and being naturally curious. Warren Buffet said recently that he reads 500 pages a day and that knowledge accumulates like compound interest. Never quantified how much I read, but its waaay more than any time spent watching TV/movies/social media. Also, using timely leverage is important. It was thrilling to send in my final student loan payment but debt used wisely is a good skill to learn. Most importantly maximize your income stream(s) and invest it. Never fails to amaze me how little time most people spend on one of the most important habits you can easily learn and do. Go to your local library and peruse the personal finance section, compound interest is the most powerful force in the known universe readily available to any human willing to do so.

As for next enhancements on the CTR, uncertain as to how long it will remain in the stable. I like it, but would really like it a lot more with AWD. I anticipate burning through front tires a rapid rate.
The following 3 users liked this post by Fibonacci:
civicdrivr (05-08-2019), nist7 (05-09-2019), RPhilMan1 (05-08-2019)