No wonder people hate car salesmen!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2005, 11:54 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry No wonder people hate car salesmen!!

I'm still undecided on what I want. I drove a 6 speed G35 coupe a few weeks ago. Interior layout didn't do much for me, but I didn't spend much time w/the car. So I went back to the same dealer & saw the same salesman & checked out an auto coupe & an auto sedan. I felt a little better about the car, but still far from sure what I want. At this point I have already driven many other cars & have it narrowed down to a select few. I have not crossed off the G yet & I wanted to spend a lot more time w/the car. I have already taken a TL for a few hours. No hassle at all from that Acura dealer.

I called the same Infiniti salesman back explaining that I have already done extended test drives w/some of the other cars I am considering and would like to do so w/a used auto G35 coupe.

What reply do I get? Bullshit of course!

He left me a message saying his dealership doesn't do extended test drives because they are privately insured.

Interesting because MY insurance would cover the car if anything should happen. Just like w/the TL I had. Acura dealer made a copy of my insurance card & sent me on my way w/their car. I also have 2 friends that have sold cars for a living & checked w/them & this guy's story is in fact BS just as I thought.

Do they not want to make $? Why must they play games? Who is going to spend over $20k without being sure it's what they want?!

I'll call him back & politely explain, without saying so, that I know his story is bs & give him a chance to redeem himself. In the meantime, I will contact the next 2 closest Infiniti dealers & explain what I want to them and see if they are wanting to sell cars or not.
Old 06-26-2005, 12:19 AM
_____ like a rabbit

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
The infinity dealer by my house in fact offered to let me take the car the whole day...
Old 06-26-2005, 03:19 AM
Three Wheelin'

Infiniti gave me a lot of hassle period when I was looking for my car, Acura on the other hand was more than helpful, mabey because im 17 but still if I would have loved the Infiniti I would not have bought it just because of that sales man.
Old 06-26-2005, 08:11 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Which dealer?

Lynnes Infiniti is very good, but they are in Northern Jersey.
Old 06-26-2005, 08:12 AM
Race Director

Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts
if i owned a dealership i wouldnt give extended test drives at all. especially if it was some kid (25 or younger) which I'm guessing you are from reading your posts. you expect them to let you take their car out on what could potentially be a 120 mile + spin? you ask too much.

Last edited by zeroday; 06-26-2005 at 08:15 AM.
Old 06-26-2005, 08:27 AM
Burn some dust here

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by zeroday
if i owned a dealership i wouldnt give extended test drives at all. especially if it was some kid (25 or younger) which I'm guessing you are from reading your posts. you expect them to let you take their car out on what could potentially be a 120 mile + spin? you ask too much.

You don't need to spend all day with the car to figure it out. In 20 minutes you can go 2-3 miles on the highway and catch a local road on the way back and you would experience every driving characteristic about the car.

I'm just one of those people that is very quick when buying a car. If I decide to buy the car, it takes about 2-3 hours tops. Why anyone would want this to take longer,
Old 06-26-2005, 09:02 AM
Instructor

I hope you don't deal w/the public for your job.

Acura had no problem giving me a TL for a few hours.
Old 06-26-2005, 09:04 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by cob3683

You don't need to spend all day with the car to figure it out. In 20 minutes you can go 2-3 miles on the highway and catch a local road on the way back and you would experience every driving characteristic about the car.

I'm just one of those people that is very quick when buying a car. If I decide to buy the car, it takes about 2-3 hours tops. Why anyone would want this to take longer,
So because you don't base your high dollar purchases on much everyone else shou;dn't either?

I'm not one to make a decision quickly. I want to be sure I am buying what I want. People have every right to do extended test drives & it's done all the time.
Old 06-26-2005, 09:21 AM
GEEZER

Received 2,214 Likes on 1,418 Posts

Old 06-26-2005, 09:23 AM
GEEZER

I do enough research on a vehicle before I BUY it to know exactly what it is capable of. The "Test Drive" to me is just the last step in the buying process.

Asking the dealer to let you drive a 35k Sports Car for a few hours is just a bit of a stretch if you are under 25 IMO.
Old 06-26-2005, 09:28 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by 1killercls
I do enough research on a vehicle before I BUY it to know exactly what it is capable of. The "Test Drive" to me is just the last step in the buying process.

Asking the dealer to let you drive a 35k Sports Car for a few hours is just a bit of a stretch if you are under 25 IMO.
I too do plenty of reaearch, but that is not a substitute for spending a good bit behind the wheel of the car.

I've done research on many cars & then gone to drive them & been disappointed & vice versa. There's no substitute for time behind the wheel.

$35k? I'm looking at used G35s.

I love your crusade against people under 25 though. Very mature. Yea, I'm 24. Does that make me a bad person now?
Old 06-26-2005, 09:30 AM
GEEZER

Originally Posted by Loco
II love your crusade against people under 25 though. Very mature. Yea, I'm 24. Does that make me a bad person now?
This is the second time I have encountered your horseshit attitude. My suggestion is you relax..or you won't be here for very long. There is no "Crusade" against your age...just your Ignorance.
Old 06-26-2005, 09:32 AM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 957 Likes on 328 Posts

esp. someone who has come and dicked me around w/ multiple test drives and hasn't bought the car
Old 06-26-2005, 09:32 AM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
it's a dealership issue. Why hate on the salesman, lol, probably not his decision. If not you must've approached it the wrong way. It's just way it is. If you roll in with a bad attitude or not approach the dealership like their usualy clientel then you'll likely get shafted. You need to cultivate a relationship at most places because they don't know you from a hole in the wall.
Old 06-26-2005, 09:33 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by CLpower
esp. someone who has come and dicked me around w/ multiple test drives and hasn't bought the car
Figuring out what I want = dicking around? Wow, what a way to look at it.
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA

I love your crusade against people under 25 though. Very mature. Yea, I'm 24. Does that make me a bad person now?

it's not a crusade against people under 25. That's how most insurance companies work, etc. Insurance drops after 25, can't rent cars till after 25, can't drive specialty cars till after 25, etc, etc.

Stop being ignorant kid.
Instructor

Originally Posted by Zapata
it's a dealership issue. Why hate on the salesman, lol, probably not his decision. If not you must've approached it the wrong way. It's just way it is. If you roll in with a bad attitude or not approach the dealership like their usualy clientel then you'll likely get shafted. You need to cultivate a relationship at most places because they don't know you from a hole in the wall.
I didn't have a bad attitude. I have already been there twice.
Old 06-26-2005, 09:35 AM
teh Senior Instigator

Figuring out what I want = dicking around? Wow, what a way to look at it.

It's actually how most dealers look at it. You can't keep going back and wasting their time w/ test drives, that's just putting miles on their cars they don't need and it makes you look not really serious. If I was a salesmen and someone came back asking for a third "extended" test drive, i'd probably blow them off as well. I've wasted my time enough w/ them and can concentrate on other sales.

Dude, you need to fucking chill, this is the first time i've encountered you but you seem like a child. Why are you getting defensive by EVERYTHING anyone says to you? Fuckin relax, or else you aren't going to last here long.
Old 06-26-2005, 09:36 AM
Burn some dust here

So because you don't base your high dollar purchases on much everyone else shou;dn't either?
I base my car buying decisions on a lot of research on my own time. When I narrow down the selections, all that is left is the test drive, which typically takes me 20 minutes to decide if I like the car or not. I never said it was the right way to buy a car, but it has worked well for me.
Old 06-26-2005, 09:36 AM
GEEZER

Oh no, my life is over

Did your e-penis grow?
No but that just made it a week.

Maybe when you come back you can be a little nicer.
Old 06-26-2005, 09:39 AM
Burn some dust here

Love it when people ask for others opinions and get all pissy when those opinions are different from their own.

to :killer:
Old 06-26-2005, 09:43 AM
In need of an AV.........

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
It does not look like he will be here to read this, but I have a comment.

Maybe it is a state law thing, not sure, but in TN this is fact. It does not matter what insurance you have, when a dealer tag is on a car you are driving, the dealership owns the insurance. In other words, a dealers tag trumps personal insurance.

To your comments about a crusade against ppl under 25. Not that anyone on here does that, but welcome to the real world. You cannot rent certain cars under 25, you cannot book hotels/condos during certain periods, etc. It sucks, you will be done in a few months. There is no one here "after" you because of your age. I think it your attitude. You post questions---if a reply is not what you wanted to hear---you get upset. If you want to be treated like an adult (25 or over) act like one......

What about your thread the other day---I thought you wanted the TL hands down. Are you an attention whore?
Old 06-26-2005, 09:47 AM
GEEZER

we lifted his ban...one more chance. But this thread is done.
Old 06-26-2005, 09:50 AM
In need of an AV.........

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 1killercls
we lifted his ban...one more chance.

Killer showing his "softer/gentler" side again.