Newbie here, stopping in to say hi.

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2004, 11:27 AM
Speed Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Newbie here, stopping in to say hi.

Just wanted to intro myself, this looks like a cool site...

My close friend BlueCLS6 showed me some pics of his turbo install, and I decided to register and post up some...

My cars are in my signature... The Porsche won't be mine till December when I graduate, and the 1990 GT is my dad and I's project car, but it is in my garage for now, so I got dibs... lol

Anyone have any 9 second cars on this site?

Where is everyone from?
Old 07-11-2004, 12:27 PM
Race Director

Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts
welcome...is BlueCLS6 turbocharged?? is it a custom job, because i thought the only aftermarket FI available for the CLS was the Comptech SC.

the 928 s4 is one of my all time favorite cars. you're lucky to soon be owning one...
Old 07-11-2004, 12:29 PM
Race Director

btw i drive a 350z...9 seconds just aint gonna happen
Old 07-11-2004, 12:29 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 388 Likes on 196 Posts
look in 2nd gen, zero.

his set up (Blue) is twins w/ allmotors.
Old 07-11-2004, 12:31 PM
Race Director

Originally Posted by mattg
look in 2nd gen, zero.

his set up (Blue) is twins w/ allmotors.
dammit! ever since car talk split with second gen i have no f'ing clue whats going on with the CL... :0
Old 07-11-2004, 06:35 PM
ex 6 Speed owner :(

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2LOW4U
Just wanted to intro myself, this looks like a cool site...

My close friend BlueCLS6 showed me some pics of his turbo install, and I decided to register and post up some...

My cars are in my signature... The Porsche won't be mine till December when I graduate, and the 1990 GT is my dad and I's project car, but it is in my garage for now, so I got dibs... lol

Anyone have any 9 second cars on this site?

Where is everyone from?
Damn you and your 9 second blown V8's. Unplug 4 of your cylinders and I'll run you By the way for those interested... that 928 is the cleanest and most bad ass one on the planet. It also has like a $10k stereo. Pimp shit.
Old 07-11-2004, 07:56 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by BlueCLS6
Damn you and your 9 second blown V8's. Unplug 4 of your cylinders and I'll run you By the way for those interested... that 928 is the cleanest and most bad ass one on the planet. It also has like a $10k stereo. Pimp shit.

All of his cars are the cleanest things you will ever see. The guy wraps the remote for his CD player with plastic wrap. Need I say more?! Speaking of, when are you going to bring that Mustang out here. Only problem is, you will have to deal with the 91 octane out here instead of what you get to use in Texas.

Side note, I still haven't been able to see your dad even though he lives near my work.
Old 07-12-2004, 12:21 PM
Speed Addict

Originally Posted by 03WRB-WRX
All of his cars are the cleanest things you will ever see. The guy wraps the remote for his CD player with plastic wrap. Need I say more?! Speaking of, when are you going to bring that Mustang out here. Only problem is, you will have to deal with the 91 octane out here instead of what you get to use in Texas.

Side note, I still haven't been able to see your dad even though he lives near my work.
Sup guys, no biggie, he's there most the time, been traveling some lately though trying to stir business... The 91 octane is no problem, that's just pulling a degree across the band on my laptop... hehe. Only lose me maybe 10 hp...

The 928 still looks the same Steve and Ross, dad drives it like once a month, and I think it only has about 68-70K on the clock so far, not bad for a 18 y/o car... mine is only a year older and it shows 182K...

Steve, the S4 is getting dropped 2" on some 18 or 19" HRE 847s as soon as I get it, I am saving up my college loans, hehe... I want the wheel lips to sit even with the fender in the back, and for it to sit on tire in the front... You thought it looks cool now... Also going to go full Borla on it, no cat, no resonator, so it should sound as good as it looks. Might do some head porting down the road, but it won't be for a year or two, just full exhaust, headers, re-tuned E-Proms from Devek, and the rims/springs... It already has fully adjustable Konis on it my dad had put on when the car was here in TX... It handles f-in sick now. I can try to keep up when I get the exhaust on it, it should run high 12s, not sure what you'll be doing on street tires with FWD, but itll be fun.
Old 07-12-2004, 03:09 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by 2LOW4U
Sup guys, no biggie, he's there most the time, been traveling some lately though trying to stir business... The 91 octane is no problem, that's just pulling a degree across the band on my laptop... hehe. Only lose me maybe 10 hp...

The 928 still looks the same Steve and Ross, dad drives it like once a month, and I think it only has about 68-70K on the clock so far, not bad for a 18 y/o car... mine is only a year older and it shows 182K...

Steve, the S4 is getting dropped 2" on some 18 or 19" HRE 847s as soon as I get it, I am saving up my college loans, hehe... I want the wheel lips to sit even with the fender in the back, and for it to sit on tire in the front... You thought it looks cool now... Also going to go full Borla on it, no cat, no resonator, so it should sound as good as it looks. Might do some head porting down the road, but it won't be for a year or two, just full exhaust, headers, re-tuned E-Proms from Devek, and the rims/springs... It already has fully adjustable Konis on it my dad had put on when the car was here in TX... It handles f-in sick now. I can try to keep up when I get the exhaust on it, it should run high 12s, not sure what you'll be doing on street tires with FWD, but itll be fun.
You and your dad have kept one thing constant through the years. You guys are the extreme when it comes to your cars. You two are the type of guys that look at your 700HP cars and think about how to pump out just a little more power. A typical conversation with you goes like this:

You: "Hey, I was able to get those new heads for my car. It runs low 10's now."
Me: "You don't sound too excited about that, what's wrong with low 10's on a street car?"
You: "It isn't fast enough. I raced this guy that previously had the fastest car in all of Texas and I only beat him by about ten car lengths. I was a little dissapointed."

Oh, and on the part about what he is going to be doing on those street tires in a FWD car...he's an engineer man!! He is going to be teaching the laws of physics. ie. heat transfer characteristics through a non-metallic surface and real world principles of the coefficient of friction or lack there of.
Old 07-13-2004, 10:41 AM
Speed Addict

LOL Ross, yea I don't see those tires on the car running better than a 2.2 60 foot, and that will be with practice...

I drove the 928 for about two years, and well lets just say I destroyed a 13.7 second Firebird on slicks... hehe...