the new Scion tC

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2004, 05:36 PM
Enjoy Yo' Self!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mandercruso
what is haggling? I have a Saturn. It's been a good car, but Saturn's customer service sucks!
I believe he was referring to...

Originally Posted by iamhomin
Are they even budging from the msrp?
and this...

Originally Posted by elduderino
2) The salesman has no authority to budge on price (has to go through the sales manager), and no dealership will budge on price with anyone until they've run your credit app and know you are a qualified buyer with money and credit.

Ya know, haggling as in trying to get the dealer to sell you the car below sticker price. A.K.A. bargaining.
Old 07-24-2004, 06:25 PM
Geaux Tigers!!!

oic. They went down a good bit on my Saturn, but that was 4 years ago. The dealer didn't seem to budge today when I was asking about the tC. He said they probably wouldn't go down even if the car had been on the lot for a while. With what I could put down on the car, plus the extras I would want, the tC would cost a mere $227/month. That's 1/2 of what the TSX would cost me. As of now, I'm sold on the tC, but like I said earlier, I won't be able to buy for a few months.
Old 07-26-2004, 12:53 AM
VP Electricity

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mandercruso
oic. They went down a good bit on my Saturn, but that was 4 years ago. The dealer didn't seem to budge today when I was asking about the tC. He said they probably wouldn't go down even if the car had been on the lot for a while. With what I could put down on the car, plus the extras I would want, the tC would cost a mere $227/month. That's 1/2 of what the TSX would cost me. As of now, I'm sold on the tC, but like I said earlier, I won't be able to buy for a few months.
YOU GET NO PRICE REDUCTIONS UNTIL YOU ARE A QUALIFIED CUSTOMER.
Actually, with a new introduction in limited quantities, you probably get no breaks for 5 mnonths or so.
Old 07-26-2004, 05:07 PM
Instructor

u know what? plus it's a 1st yr car, so it could be like our TSX, with all that rattles and defects and stuff, people complaining, etc?

i probably will never buy a car in it's 1st yr out. but, i just thought since the TSX was a Euro Accord, it's been out since 02 or 03 in Japan, so I figured it's not really a 1st yr car. Maybe the same goes for the tC? how long has that been out in Japan?
Old 07-26-2004, 05:12 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by TSXfan23
u know what? plus it's a 1st yr car, so it could be like our TSX, with all that rattles and defects and stuff, people complaining, etc?

i probably will never buy a car in it's 1st yr out. but, i just thought since the TSX was a Euro Accord, it's been out since 02 or 03 in Japan, so I figured it's not really a 1st yr car. Maybe the same goes for the tC? how long has that been out in Japan?
its not out in japan i dont think, its the first actual SCION line car that is not rebadged
Old 07-27-2004, 12:50 PM
6MT Snob

Originally Posted by accsuperstar
its not out in japan i dont think, its the first actual SCION line car that is not rebadged
I just double checked and there is no Toyota like the Tc in Japan...

But you should check out toyota's japan site sometimes.. they have a bunch of funky cars, theres like 50 models in japan