New RL revisited...

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2004, 10:40 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New RL revisited...

Everyone has been talking about the new RL vs new GS vs new M45. Closer examination, it appears that I'm now more incline to either buy the new RL and GS over the M45 if I had to choose.

Granted the M45 is going to be fast, it's exterior and even the interior styling doesn't seem very classy? I know Infiniti is trying to establish a "look" that reflects the company but the front end looks too much like the FX and the rear looks a bit ricey? Not sure what the exact words are to describe the M45 styling but there is something weird about it.

In any case, look at the new RL closely (or even the GS), there is alot of attention to detail in every aspect and I think both will offer more road presence then the M45 (IMO).! And of course both will have better resale value! ;-)

Perhaps Acura will come out with an A-Spec version?

Thoughts?
Old 04-10-2004, 11:25 PM
What, me drive fast?

Looks-wise I like the new GS. The new RL looks too Toyota to me. In the front end I see too much Camry and Corolla. The M45 is pretty nice but REALLY really blah to me. I'll wait to see how the magazine like the RL after they take them (all three) for a rip around the track. The looks of all of the cars is nice but we'll see what the best car is. In a month or two you'll know what to buy. A-spec? It sounds like the SH-AWD is sort of the A-spec to start....a sport version of AWD so I assume a tighter and slightly lower than normal suspension. Think about the market...I don't think that most people paying $40k+ on an Acura are thinking "modding " and the A-spec crowd is feeding of the mod craze with a "don't void Acura warranty" promise. Insert the "modding doesn't void warranty" disclaimer here....I know but most people don't and I'll explain if people read this and don't know. I got my CT mods at the dealer but it is only 1 yr fault parts...not 4yr 50K and I believe the A-spec must be the full car warranty. Personally, the A-spec is WAY overpriced BUT I doubt Comptech will do parts unless this car is a rocket for the money.
Old 04-10-2004, 11:44 PM
Suzuka Master

why create a new thread when youre talking about basically the same issue?

http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showt...hreadid=136821

http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showt...hreadid=137043