New RL

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2004, 08:13 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts
New RL

Saw a new RL today. Snapped a couple pics but I am too lazy to go to my truck to get my camera. I am pretty dissappointed after hearing everyone here go on and on about how nice it is. It was ordinary at best. Nothing stood out about it. The TL is a much, MUCH better looking car. I don't understand why Acura doesn't do something with their flagship to actually make it desireable.
Old 11-01-2004, 10:29 PM
What your problem is?

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
I am not feeling the style of the new RL, but I am going to try test driving it tommorow.....
Old 11-01-2004, 11:03 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
Originally Posted by 2001AudiS4
Saw a new RL today. Snapped a couple pics but I am too lazy to go to my truck to get my camera. I am pretty dissappointed after hearing everyone here go on and on about how nice it is. It was ordinary at best. Nothing stood out about it. The TL is a much, MUCH better looking car. I don't understand why Acura doesn't do something with their flagship to actually make it desireable.
Most older Honda/Acura owners want something less flashy. This is especially true in Japan.
Old 11-01-2004, 11:06 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Ken1997TL
Most older Honda/Acura owners want something less flashy. This is especially true in Japan.
I think most people in today's day and age that can afford a high priced car would want something a little nicer. This car really did look very ordinary
Old 11-01-2004, 11:21 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
I think most people in today's day and age that can afford a high priced car would want something a little nicer. This car really did look very ordinary
Well thats your opinion and there are many "nicer" looking cars for you to buy. But you'd be amazed how many do NOT want a flashy car.
Old 11-02-2004, 12:01 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i think you are confusing "today’s day and age" with modern American society. Most countries around the world are not nearly obsesses with perceived socioeconomic class and status. Remember there is a difference between the two, status is how others place you on the "social ladder", and class is directly related to your socioeconomic level. For example, a plumber has a higher class than a college professor, because he makes more money, but a college professor has a high status because he holds a "white collar" job. Therefore people in American are obsessed with their status by the car they drive which does not always relate to their class.
Old 11-02-2004, 01:55 AM
Drifting

man, that's deep ferrari... :gheylaugh: okay, this thread turned kinda weird so i'll just agree that the new RL is too bland for my taste
Old 11-02-2004, 02:12 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by gordon_gekko
man, that's deep ferrari... :gheylaugh: okay, this thread turned kinda weird so i'll just agree that the new RL is too bland for my taste
sorry diddnt mean to hurt your little head
Old 11-02-2004, 04:34 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by indoMFP
I am not feeling the style of the new RL, but I am going to try test driving it tommorow.....

Old 11-02-2004, 05:35 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by ferrari527
i think you are confusing "today’s day and age" with modern American society. Most countries around the world are not nearly obsesses with perceived socioeconomic class and status. Remember there is a difference between the two, status is how others place you on the "social ladder", and class is directly related to your socioeconomic level. For example, a plumber has a higher class than a college professor, because he makes more money, but a college professor has a high status because he holds a "white collar" job. Therefore people in American are obsessed with their status by the car they drive which does not always relate to their class.
Interesting. Um, what other country has Acuras?