My newest addition!!!

Old 03-30-2017, 11:48 PM
Null and proud of it

Received 898 Likes on 788 Posts
Dash is done.. They calle around 3:15 today... So, 5h15min, not bad!!!

Also, they completed two ther recalls, the master switch on the driver door, which was a fire hazard... Recalled a couple of years ago...

Oh, and the sudden acceleration recall, it wasn't done... It was supposed to be done in like 2009... Anyway, they trimmed the pedal, and put a shim beneath it to keep it from hanging up on the mats, which I don't have... But the accelerator dooms lighter now, like its a little springy, it took some getting used to driving with my foot bouncing up and down, but I've driven a truck that would feel similar... However, the truck would go vroom everytime I hit a bump, and it didn't have height adjustment on the seat, go figure... I'm 5'4.5", by the way...

All is well, I'm late for my nightly routine, I'll be on tomorrow in the day!!! Take care!!?
Old 03-31-2017, 12:05 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 869 Likes on 665 Posts
Originally Posted by 00TL-P3.2
2 of them actually. a 2003 V6 SR5 4WD that was gone well before the recall & a 2005 V8 Limited 4WD, which they traded before getting the dash replaced.
The V6 was really good to drive & could be left in 4Hi all the time, made it like driving on rails in the rain.
The V8 had gobs of torque out of that 4.7, really easy to speed.
I learned how to drive on a 2005 4runner sr5 with that 4.7l (it might be low on hp but it hauls ass). I would probably be in one right now if the resale wasn't atrociously good. 20k for a 2006 V8 limited with over 100k miles here.

Originally Posted by Midnight Mystery
I know... I'm very surprised!!!

I just rolled past the dealer, been riding throgh town all day, we had bad weather overnight... Maybe a small tornado or strong straight line winds... Wasn't bad where I live, 15 minutes from town... Anyway, I decided to look, and I see a dash in it, and a tech working on it, so it should be done soon... It's been since 10 am. since I dropped it off, it's now 2:30, it seems so easy...

The service advisor said they won't have to remove the seats or console... Which I saw in a video about a 2007 Mazda6 that need a blower assembly or something... She said Mazdas are like that, every time...

Anyway, I'm so happy this was a non-issue, it was one of my largest concerns with choosing this car... It's a long story how I got it, but it was very sudden...

RDX10, you seem more excited than I am, by the way...
I am just really happy for you man lol.
Old 03-31-2017, 02:14 PM
Null and proud of it

I didn't realize you liked 4Runners that much...

Im about to order cup holder insert ,got wrong one, and TRD center caps... I need new tires, I'm thinking Michelin Pilot Sport a/s, like the TL guys use... That or the Premier... I want the tighten up the steering, and get rid of the stupid old Michein Premicys...

I can't do that just yet, but chime in, I want suggestions...

I'll also probably have to get an upholster to fix the armrest, that or just order a new OEM one on eBay...

I'm in a mad rush because I need to get to a Tractor Pull in a little while 90 minutes away, dang!!!

Take care, see y'all in a couple weeks!!!
Old 03-31-2017, 03:07 PM

Received 5,289 Likes on 3,623 Posts
^ I'm thinking the FWD may be a hindrance for the Camry in a tractor pull.

That said, I'm eyeing the Pilot Sport A/S 3+ for our Flex, depending on if we're going to keep it or upgrade this year.
Old 03-31-2017, 05:28 PM
Null and proud of it

If you get then, tell me what you think...

I ended up up getting out of it, they're really something, but it can be tiring... Diesels only...

Look up Bad Medicine, that's the tractor my brother and grandfather run... They're alcohol, this pull is for diesels... In fact, tractor pulling isn't hardly a deal in Mississippi and Louisiana anymore... It's sad... But we're trying to bring it back...

I'm not involved really, but I've been to them, but it's been years... Bring ear protection!!!

I park next to a mod tractor with 1500+hp in the barn, by the way...

Also, last night, I did a 0-60 in the Camry last night, with a bad launch, full tank, pretty full trunk, and pasenenger at about 52° with higher humidity I ran 7.99, but it felt a little slow...
Old 03-31-2017, 06:14 PM
Null and proud of it

I'll start posting again on the 11th of April!!! I'll be messing with the Camry until then, bye!!!
Old 04-14-2017, 01:45 AM
Null and proud of it

Shifting gears for a minute!!!

So, the past two days I've been riding the RDX around the state... We have had some bad weather lately here in Mississippi... Just two weeks ago I had to snake and we've my way around town because highway 51 was shut down... I later found out it was an unreported tornado that went up through town... With winds of 110, running for 17 miles... I see there must be 100+ trees that are no longer there... I was rushing home that night, on that stretch of road about 90 min earlier... But I don't live near that area, and suffered no damage or power loss....

Ok, so yesterday I had to make a trip to Hattiesburg, MS... I passed through nearly the entire metro area... And that strong EF3 that went through overnight January 21 did some damage... It claimed 4 lives in the Petal area... I'm about 70 miles N/W...

So, today I ran up to Vicksburg... They had over 10 inches of rain about 11 days ago... Small mudslides on I-20, and a driveway to a bank drive through collapsed into a parking garage around midnight that Sunsay night.... Street flooding in and around Jackson...

I also payed attention to the waterline in the levee wall from May 2011, which was just a few feet from toppling!!! 2011 is when Memphis, TN flooded and NOLA had both spillways open... But look into this stuff if you want... The Hattiesburg/Petal tornado has lots of documentation...

These trips trips now have me up to 195,399 on the RDX putting me up to about 500 since Wednesday morning... I wanted to see the metro areas, and got a surprise in damage there, I expected some, but not like that... So, just a shout out from this Mississippi redneck!!!
Old 04-14-2017, 03:16 PM
Null and proud of it

So I got a black caliper paint kit... It's a cheap kit, but it'll do and will probably look pretty good I'm sure... I got a brush kit because I don't feel like spending 2 hours taping off the entire wheel well... I got a set of foam pads and a better brush because someone on an old ClubLexus posts said the kits provided brush is junk, so if oil don't like it, I have alternatives... I also got an extra can of brake cleaner that will ONLY touch the brakes, or a wasp I want to kill, haha!!!

Also, my centercaps also have a 58mm clip pattern, go figure, so I'm taking 3M double sided mounting tape, the automotive grade, for like body kits and spoilers, and I'll live the edges with that, as it won't take much to hold it... All seems well!!!
Old 04-14-2017, 07:06 PM
Team Owner

Received 4,273 Likes on 3,050 Posts
Originally Posted by Midnight Mystery
So, the past two days I've been riding the RDX around the state... We have had some bad weather lately here in Mississippi... Just two weeks ago I had to snake and we've my way around town because highway 51 was shut down... I later found out it was an unreported tornado that went up through town... With winds of 110, running for 17 miles... I see there must be 100+ trees that are no longer there... I was rushing home that night, on that stretch of road about 90 min earlier... But I don't live near that area, and suffered no damage or power loss....

Ok, so yesterday I had to make a trip to Hattiesburg, MS... I passed through nearly the entire metro area... And that strong EF3 that went through overnight January 21 did some damage... It claimed 4 lives in the Petal area... I'm about 70 miles N/W...

So, today I ran up to Vicksburg... They had over 10 inches of rain about 11 days ago... Small mudslides on I-20, and a driveway to a bank drive through collapsed into a parking garage around midnight that Sunsay night.... Street flooding in and around Jackson...

I also payed attention to the waterline in the levee wall from May 2011, which was just a few feet from toppling!!! 2011 is when Memphis, TN flooded and NOLA had both spillways open... But look into this stuff if you want... The Hattiesburg/Petal tornado has lots of documentation...

These trips trips now have me up to 195,399 on the RDX putting me up to about 500 since Wednesday morning... I wanted to see the metro areas, and got a surprise in damage there, I expected some, but not like that... So, just a shout out from this Mississippi redneck!!!
sounds like it is time for you to move.
Old 04-26-2017, 06:29 PM
Null and proud of it

Originally Posted by oonowindoo
sounds like it is time for you to move.

Accually, I'm in the process of doing so now... Well, I left NOLA in September, and haven't been back since, so I've got a visitor from there to here every other well as I don't have a or need Internet while I'm alone, which explains the irregular postings...

I just roam like that... I could go two hours to a city and only get out of the vehicle to try a new restaurant, then go home... I just want to lean my way around where I go, see it all...

I'm going to Yazoo City tomorrow, and I'll finish off Ridgeland and Flowood...
Old 04-26-2017, 09:44 PM
Null and proud of it

OK, so I'm getting on it with the Camry...

I painted the calipers black, looks nice, has a run on the drivers side, oh well... The TRD centercaps fit wonderfully with 3M mounting tape running around the edges of the caps...

And I did some paint touch up, came out great...

As for the RDX, the steering feels heavier than it has lately... Also, my god it's SO much faster than the Camry... But I dislike the tallness when it come to fast cornering...

Needless to say, I'm getting with it...

Rushing because of impending bad weather tonight... Small animals are our, the horse was acting a little worried, tried to calm her down with some sweet talk, and the neighbors heifers are laying down, I need to go!!!
Old 04-28-2017, 05:06 PM
Null and proud of it

Here's an update for both Camry and RDX!!!

Old 04-28-2017, 05:23 PM
Null and proud of it

So, as you can see I installed the TRD centercaps on the Camry... I also painted the calipers gloss black, but I do t have a good picture... I'm going to work on detailing the outside this upcoming week... I got a clay kit, an ICE sealant that was on clearance but looks good... I typically like ICE products... And got the NXT 2.0 for the wax... I'll be busy....

Ok, now you're probably wondering why the hell I have a different RDX in the pictures... No, I didn't do anything stupid... I didn't get it... It was nice though, non-tech, and you loose A LOT by not getting a tech, and I mean A LOT!!!

Late last night I saw it for sale on the boulevard up in town... After about 30 seconds I decided to look at it, and ended up driving it to funnily shut up that annoying voice in my head that makes me wonder if my RDX is driving correctly... And of course, it drove perfectly... The steering was SO much tighter and it was really nice and heavy... Also, the A/C was actually cold... Not really cold like a Toyota, but cold...

Ok, gurus, I'm noticeing a slight popping/clunking in the right front strut at low speeds in a parking type situation... Also, it does it after taking off from a stop in a parking lot after going in drive, and NOT the transmission click thingy... It's not really loud, but it's certainly there...

Also, the air on the (my)RDX was bowing hot on the drivers side and cool/room temp on the passenger side and both were set to Low, and sail was turned off...

Im in a hurry, I know there's threads, but throw in a suggestion if you want...

I also LOVED that blue on the RDX, it wasn't perfect inside at all, but it was nice... 157,000 miles... Biege inter was nice, seats were much softer... Doors had more resistance when opening and closing, good so doors don't shut on you... (Every car I've had has had wore out door stops)...

So im feeling that MY RDX has a wore put suspension...
Driver front tire wears a little more, mainly on inner side, maybe out of camber? Could the toe be wrong?

Ok, my steering has gone to the old bucks... Help... It's still tighter than most cars, but it's WAY wrong...

RDX10, I do love your old color combo!!!! And the RDX actually does have really good steering feel, like you remembered...

Thanks eneryone...
Old 05-10-2017, 11:04 PM
Null and proud of it

Detailed the Camry!!!

Old 05-11-2017, 08:08 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,573 Likes on 6,624 Posts
8.23 seconds?!?!? Must be a new record for you.. .

Old 05-11-2017, 08:12 AM
Azine Jabroni

Received 2,158 Likes on 1,386 Posts
Looks good, OP!
Old 05-11-2017, 12:48 PM
Null and proud of it

There's 2195 horsepower right there!!!
Old 05-11-2017, 12:49 PM
Null and proud of it

Originally Posted by kurtatx
Looks good, OP!
Thanks!
Old 05-11-2017, 12:55 PM
Null and proud of it

Originally Posted by thoiboi
8.23 seconds?!?!? Must be a new record for you.. .

I got 7.9 one night, but I find that hard to believe... It's a slow car that's fast out hole, so it's got a good 0-60 time for what it is...

I also ran 9.0, 9.3 (lots of stuff in the trunk), and 8.9 the other night... I have detailing supply's in it, so it's heavy... Also, I have 93 in it right now, which does NOTHING on Toyotas ... My old Kia was a damn hot rod on that stuff!!!! Like, a car that has always been slow is almost burning rubber after just putting better fuel in it!!!
Old 05-11-2017, 03:07 PM
Drifting

Received 303 Likes on 243 Posts
why did u wipe ur butt with the floormat protector?
Old 05-12-2017, 04:37 PM
Null and proud of it

0-60 loaded, started a little wrong...
Old 05-12-2017, 04:40 PM
Turd Polisher

Received 3,006 Likes on 1,514 Posts
Wouldn't you say using your phone as a stop watch for 0-60 times is a little ... dangerous & inaccurate?

At least use dynolicious or an iPhone App via ODB2 ..
Old 05-12-2017, 05:03 PM
Null and proud of it

Originally Posted by TylerT
Wouldn't you say using your phone as a stop watch for 0-60 times is a little ... dangerous & inaccurate?

At least use dynolicious or an iPhone App via ODB2 ..
I have a passenger using the phone and I'm good at it, been doing it this way for a few years now...
Old 05-12-2017, 05:14 PM
Turd Polisher

Received 3,006 Likes on 1,514 Posts
Gotcha . . . . .
Old 05-12-2017, 07:19 PM
Azine Jabroni

Received 2,158 Likes on 1,386 Posts
Is Mystery Meat just bologna?

Search this Thread