Old 05-22-2006, 11:38 AM
foolio at heart

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BstonBruin
example....
read my post above.
Old 05-22-2006, 11:43 AM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 957 Likes on 328 Posts
Originally Posted by fabrikated
nothing's wrong, it's just that when you see a car worth hundreds of thousands of dollars, you expect it to be sitting in the driveway of a multi million dollar home.

in CA that is a multi-million dollar home This ain't Ohio
Old 05-22-2006, 11:44 AM
I have Lucy tied up in

Originally Posted by Street Image Inc.
Honestly dood. You'd be surprised w/the shit that you'll see out here. I've seen houses in the ghetto w/decked out bentleys sitting out front parked on the grass w/the escalades on 26's sitting in the driveway alongside a 84 toyota tercel. Shit doesn't look right but it happens.

I agree that the car doesnt match the house. Honestly I've seen a lot worse though.

It's still a little that these people you refer to are so concerned with the impression they give to complete strangers while driving around, than they do when they have people over to their actual home.

Maybe they'd rather entertain guests in the back of the Phantom and eat on the fancy airline trays in the back, than have their guests in their home?

A little nonetheless

Did I mention the ridiculous debt these people must be into over an asset that does nothing but depreciate in value over the course of it's lifetime.
Old 05-22-2006, 11:48 AM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Originally Posted by Street Image Inc.
Honestly dood. You'd be surprised w/the shit that you'll see out here. I've seen houses in the ghetto w/decked out bentleys sitting out front parked on the grass w/the escalades on 26's sitting in the driveway alongside a 84 toyota tercel. Shit doesn't look right but it happens.

I agree that the car doesnt match the house. Honestly I've seen a lot worse though.

when we lived in Long Beach we drove by this ghetto ass house in the shittiest part of long beach, the house was decent but everything around it was just horrid. In the guys garage he had a maybach and a 360 Spider

Was always funny as hell to see, the house had fucking rod iron fences all around it w/ barbed wire on top

Hell my apt complex is full of jags, porsches, 7 series BMW's, S-class's, etc. One guy even has a 355. But then again, i'd stick in an apt for some time in order to have a 360 CS
Old 05-22-2006, 11:49 AM
teh Senior Instigator

Originally Posted by TLgundee05
It's still a little that these people you refer to are so concerned with the impression they give to complete strangers while driving around, than they do when they have people over to their actual home.

Maybe they'd rather entertain guests in the back of the Phantom and eat on the fancy airline trays in the back, than have their guests in their home?

A little nonetheless

Did I mention the ridiculous debt these people must be into over an asset that does nothing but depreciate in value over the course of it's lifetime.

your post is and filled w/ assumptions you shouldn't be making

We truely know nothing about this situation at hand, or what is going on in other situations. We don't know what his uncle is worth, we don't know why his uncle is living w/ them, etc.
Old 05-22-2006, 11:59 AM
I have Lucy tied up in

No offense, but I have been to California many a time, Laguna Beach specifically, (serious $$$ in that town where the houses more than match the vehicles), and I don't see an ocean in the background. Which is the only reason, in my opinion, you could justify the house/car combination like that, if the house in on oceanfront property.

And just because California property values are inflated to that magnitude doesn't mean someone will come along and pay for it.
Old 05-22-2006, 12:04 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Originally Posted by chungkopi
your house should be at least 10 times more expensive than your car.
tell that to all the guys in the midwest w/ 500K homes and millions of dollars worth of car collections
Old 05-22-2006, 12:06 PM
teh Senior Instigator

No offense, but I have been to California many a time, Laguna Beach specifically, (serious $$$ in that town where the houses more than match the vehicles), and I don't see an ocean in the background. Which is the only reason, in my opinion, you could justify the house/car combination like that, if the house in on oceanfront property.

And just because California property values are inflated to that magnitude doesn't mean someone will come along and pay for it.

Yea, you obviously didn't understand the point of my post My point was, we don't know anything about his uncle, we don't know anything about what kind of money he has, etc. I had a few friends growing up who lived in mediocre houses but families were worth a shit load of money, always caught me off guard. Some people just don't want/need a flashy house.

but to step away from that,

BTW, WOW, you've been to Laguna Beach?

Your last comment is funny, because I know probably a dozen people that have sold homes in the last year, not a single one was on the market for longer then a couple of weeks, most were sold the first few days they went up. So, amazingly, people actually are comming along and paying for it. Really depressing for a young kid like me, but would I give this up to move to Chicago? Not a chance

BTW, get a load of this view, and the owners don't have a single car over 60K (well, the new Bentley GT and Flying Spur haven't arrived yet ) Everyone just has different things they like to spend their money on.

BTW, you also won't find Ocean Front Property in Laguna Beach for less then 10 million or so. I don't think these are the only people that should spend money on a really nice car.
Old 05-22-2006, 12:16 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by RTizzo
Not calling or anything but the house/car combo just doesn't look right to me. I kinda expect to see the Rolls in front of a house like this:
Old 05-22-2006, 12:19 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Shawn S

You sure he’s not a LIMO DRIVER and the boss let him bring home the company car ???
Yes i am sure he is not a limi driver, i went with him to rusnak pasadena to get it, my uncle and my family are in the supermarket business
Old 05-22-2006, 12:19 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Jluk, you know they probably cost the same
Old 05-22-2006, 12:21 PM
I have Lucy tied up in

Laguna was just a point of reference, I could have said San Fransisco because the property is outrageous there and you don't even need to be close to the water.

By the way I live in the midwest and do yourself a favor and look up some of the suburbs along the shore of Lake Michigan. Kenilworth, Winnetka, Lake Forest, Highland Park, just for example, and see what 500k gets you not much I'll tell you that for sure. Also no one I know lives in a 500k house and has a multi-million dollar car collection around here. And if you say, what about the people that live in big houses and have lots of land not on the lake, they're called farmers. Even in South Barrington Hills an example of a wealthy suburb not on the lake, the people that have these very fancy automobiles, still live in million dollar mansions.

If I don't know anything about Cali, you certainly don't know anything about the Midwest. So let's just both stick to what we know.

Last edited by TLgundee05; 05-22-2006 at 12:23 PM.
Old 05-22-2006, 12:24 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by CLpower
Jluk, you know they probably cost the same
Yeah I know. Lliving in So Cal I know there are a lot of average looking homes that cost a load. But, in my mind, that Rolls just doesn't look right in front of that house. It looks like an alley. And a b-ball hoop? I'd be worried constantly about waking up and finding the Rolls up on blocks and stripped.
Old 05-22-2006, 12:36 PM
Team Owner

This Rosemead?
Originally Posted by Demographic and Housing Market Data for Rosemead, CA
Census Data Rosemead
Population 61,508
Area in square miles 7
People per sq. mi. 9,405
Median Age 31
Median Family Income $34,167
Civilians 38%
Armed Forces <1%
Not in Labor Force 34%
Education Levels Rosemead
K-12 40% 3
High School Diploma 12%
College Graduate 7% 4% 4% 4%
Real Estate Market Data Rosemead
Total Housing Units 7,537
Average Home Price $205,334
Median Rental Price $621
Owner Occupied 50%
Rental Units 47%
Vacant Units 3%
Old 05-22-2006, 12:38 PM
Racer

my uncle lives with me
Why doesn't he spend the money on a house instead of buying a expensive car and living with you?
Old 05-22-2006, 12:41 PM
I have Lucy tied up in

I guess they don't run credit checks before handing out Bentleys and Rolls Royces in Rosemead.
Old 05-22-2006, 12:50 PM
Drifting

It's kinda funny but here it's the opposite, most people that live in neighborhoods with houses in the 15 to 50+ million-dollar ranges mostly have cars under the $80K range nothing special. Sure sometimes you see someone with some exotic cars but those are far and few in between.
Old 05-22-2006, 01:11 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Laguna was just a point of reference, I could have said San Fransisco because the property is outrageous there and you don't even need to be close to the water.

By the way I live in the midwest and do yourself a favor and look up some of the suburbs along the shore of Lake Michigan. Kenilworth, Winnetka, Lake Forest, Highland Park, just for example, and see what 500k gets you not much I'll tell you that for sure. Also no one I know lives in a 500k house and has a multi-million dollar car collection around here. And if you say, what about the people that live in big houses and have lots of land not on the lake, they're called farmers. Even in South Barrington Hills an example of a wealthy suburb not on the lake, the people that have these very fancy automobiles, still live in million dollar mansions.

If I don't know anything about Cali, you certainly don't know anything about the Midwest. So let's just both stick to what we know.

I never said you didn't know anything about So Cal, I said you didn't understand the point I was making (you know, the one where you were making assumptions about this guy and what he does and how all these people must be in to debt up to their ying/yang, etc ). And we have more then a few family friends/business partners that live in the midwest whose car collections far exceed their property price. So I was making a reference to something I know. As you, I also know plenty of people in multi-million dollar homes w/ multi-million dollar garages

But to start throwing out the assumption you did about this guy is and that was my original point
Old 05-22-2006, 01:13 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Originally Posted by DownUnder
It's kinda funny but here it's the opposite, most people that live in neighborhoods with houses in the 15 to 50+ million-dollar ranges mostly have cars under the $80K range nothing special. Sure sometimes you see someone with some exotic cars but those are far and few in between.

definately true, driving through the neighborhoods out here you definately see a few guys w/ real nice cars, but for the most part they are in cars in the 50K range. And I was making a generalization as we've stepped out of the super rich areas where the AVG house out here will run you 500K. Again as mentioned, people spend their money on what they enjoy. For some it's cars, for others it's artwork (for example, that house I posted, they aren't into cars, but have the largest Catholic Mosaic collection outside of the Vatican). It's all relative.

Some people are happy living in a 300K house and owning 600K in cars.

And San Fran ain't got shit on So Cal
Old 05-22-2006, 01:28 PM
Banned

I know people that would rather own depreciating cars than a nicer home.

Then you have people like my father that drive a new 4runner and vette and live in a near 5 million dollar home he paid cash for.

Then you have people like a buddy of mine that still lives in his parent's basement and has about 80k in cars.

Go figure.
Old 05-22-2006, 01:34 PM
Drifting

definately true, driving through the neighborhoods out here you definately see a few guys w/ real nice cars, but for the most part they are in cars in the 50K range. And I was making a generalization as we've stepped out of the super rich areas where the AVG house out here will run you 500K. Again as mentioned, people spend their money on what they enjoy. For some it's cars, for others it's artwork (for example, that house I posted, they aren't into cars, but have the largest Catholic Mosaic collection outside of the Vatican). It's all relative.

And San Fran ain't got shit on So Cal
If people some prefer to live in a small house costing $300k and drive $100K+ cars so be it. If they can afford it why not.
Old 05-22-2006, 01:35 PM
I have Lucy tied up in

I never said you didn't know anything about So Cal, I said you didn't understand the point I was making (you know, the one where you were making assumptions about this guy and what he does and how all these people must be in to debt up to their ying/yang, etc ). And we have more then a few family friends/business partners that live in the midwest whose car collections far exceed their property price. So I was making a reference to something I know. As you, I also know plenty of people in multi-million dollar homes w/ multi-million dollar garages

I guess we'll just agree to disagree, as I will certainly not disagree with you that these kind of situations exist, I will disagree that the kind of people and behavior you describe above are the norm or even remotely common. The artwork example is fine (it also doesn't loose value, like automobiles) plus that house in your pic on the cliff overlooking the ocean, is for sure in the eight figure range which more than justifies anything that owner may purchase.

I'm all for spending money on things you enjoy but there is usually a rational limit to everything, and you would think most people, where ever they are from would think twice before negotiating financing on a vehicle that is worth probably more than the remaining mortage balance they have on their home.

And I beg to differ with you on San Francisco property value, but again we'll just agree to disagree, So-Cal is expensive but so is that city.

Last edited by TLgundee05; 05-22-2006 at 01:38 PM.
Old 05-22-2006, 01:37 PM
teh Senior Instigator

again, your last comment is making an assumption on peoples situation you have no idea about
Old 05-22-2006, 01:39 PM
I have Lucy tied up in

Originally Posted by FightingTL
I know people that would rather own depreciating cars than a nicer home.

Then you have people like my father that drive a new 4runner and vette and live in a near 5 million dollar home he paid cash for.

Then you have people like a buddy of mine that still lives in his parent's basement and has about 80k in cars.

Go figure.
It all comes down to one word, PRIORITIES, some people have obviously more skewed ones than others
Old 05-22-2006, 01:57 PM
I have Lucy tied up in

again, your last comment is making an assumption on peoples situation you have no idea about

Yes, but my assumptions are based on what I believe most people on this forum think is normal and responsible behavior, as most of the posts on this topic believe the combination of house and car are a little ridiculous. You keep saying I'm making this assumptions but there is enough common sense behind my assumptions to justify me stating them.

Maybe it's simply a situation that every one of us that posts to the contrary of you are crazy and making bad assumptions, including me, and your the only normal one that believes this is in fact normal behavior.

Again we'll just agree to disagree.
Old 05-22-2006, 02:53 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes, but my assumptions are based on what I believe most people on this forum think is normal and responsible behavior, as most of the posts on this topic believe the combination of house and car are a little ridiculous. You keep saying I'm making this assumptions but there is enough common sense behind my assumptions to justify me stating them.
Old 05-22-2006, 02:53 PM
Burning Brakes

tsx looks better in and out
Old 05-22-2006, 03:07 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Maybe it's simply a situation that every one of us that posts to the contrary of you are crazy and making bad assumptions, including me, and your the only normal one that believes this is in fact normal behavior.

Again we'll just agree to disagree.

I agree whole heartedly w/ what you are saying, but what i'm saying is we know NOTHING of his uncle. I won't say if he's sane or not, but I know plenty of super wealthy people that have spent some time living w/ relatives, or even extremely wealthy people who come to this country and will live in a crap house for some time.

No where have I said this is normal behavior But I won't say he's crazy until I know his situation. If indeed the guy doesn't have the money to be able to afford this car w/o a ton of other shit that should be getting taken care of, then I'm w/ you, he's an idiot. BUt until I know that, i'm not going to assume anything as i've witnessed w/ my own two eyes weird situations.
Old 05-22-2006, 03:08 PM
teh Senior Instigator

oh, btw, I love that car
Old 05-22-2006, 03:10 PM
The Third Ball

Received 4,852 Likes on 2,589 Posts
Originally Posted by ck123
Old 05-22-2006, 03:16 PM
Go Giants

Received 1,233 Likes on 823 Posts
Originally Posted by The Sarlacc
My Sarlacc to noob bash meter just went off the charts.....
Old 05-22-2006, 03:21 PM
Oh well it's

Originally Posted by SpeedyV6
fabulous!!!
Does your uncle own a gas station??
Old 05-22-2006, 03:38 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by ck123
The bitches would tend to disagree
Old 05-22-2006, 03:48 PM
I have Lucy tied up in

Originally Posted by SakiGT
The bitches would tend to disagree

Yeah..... you don't see many TSXs rolling on dubs blinging in the music videos, do you?
Old 05-22-2006, 05:49 PM
Spinnin them beats

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
... back on track..... very nice car
Old 05-22-2006, 06:14 PM
Team Owner

Are those suicide doors for the rear seat?
Old 05-22-2006, 06:42 PM
has been here awhile

Originally Posted by jlukja
Are those suicide doors for the rear seat?
Not just suicide doors...power suicide doors. There's actually a button inside that opens and closes the door.
Old 05-23-2006, 12:29 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by SPUDMTN
Not just suicide doors...power suicide doors. There's actually a button inside that opens and closes the door.
right on with 4 tvs,and everything else you can find in a car
Old 05-23-2006, 12:56 AM
Team Owner

Received 4,273 Likes on 3,050 Posts
you really have to live in so cal to understand how fucked up socal real estate is. (fucked up for me)

In my area arcadia/temple city. you CAN NOT find any house that cost less than 500k. if you are lucky you can find a 2 bedroom condo with 500k.

yes the car and the house dont match. but that doesnt mean that house isnt expensive. if it is 6bedroom in an average area = 1 mill +

that SAME house in my area = 2mill +
Old 05-23-2006, 12:58 AM
Instructor

i dont get how you guys can judge my house, theres no picture of it only the garage

Quick Reply: My New Ride