MT: Ford Mustang GT vs the BMW M3

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 11:55 AM
Fahrvergnügen'd

Received 1,569 Likes on 986 Posts
Originally Posted by cuteguy1414
Yes, you are referring to me.

Why don't you read my posts first before you make your stupid generalizations, TSX owner!

By the way, your forum name is retarded
Old 08-27-2010, 12:02 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by charliemike

By the way, your forum name is retarded
Yes. and I love it! It goes back to my single days!
Old 08-27-2010, 12:10 PM
I got the Shifts

Received 230 Likes on 163 Posts
ive been in a rental mustang. most of them are bare bones and do not have premium leather. the verts DO NOT have premium leather from the rental places.
Old 08-27-2010, 12:22 PM
I got the Shifts

Received 230 Likes on 163 Posts

Why don't you read my posts first before you make your stupid generalizations, TSX owner!

arent you the guy who was making fun of someone because they didnt drive an IS-f? now youre making it seem like his opinion is useless because he didnt pay for an over-priced automatic sports car.

Old 08-27-2010, 12:35 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 638 Likes on 276 Posts
You missed the joke. And the B7 is one generation behind the one that is out now.
Pssh, you forget i had a B6/B7 interior for over 3 years. Theres still a big difference between the Audi interior and the Stang when it comes to the materials. Layout looks close though.

Its a big day for Ford when we are just nitpicking about a $25k interior.

Originally Posted by Shift_Acura
Interesting to see that most of the people with expensive cars dont seem to be giving the Mustang its dues....I wonder why

And unless the door panels of the M3 are lined with diamonds Im takin the five point oh
I already said the stang is a bargain sports car. Only aspect im arguing about is in terms of some thinking it can be called luxury. Thats silly.

Last edited by Crazy Bimmer; 08-27-2010 at 12:37 PM.
Old 08-27-2010, 12:54 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by phee
arent you the guy who was making fun of someone because they didnt drive an IS-f? now youre making it seem like his opinion is useless because he didnt pay for an over-priced automatic sports car.

I am not going to dignify this with an answer. The issue then was not as simple as me making fun of the guy.

Mods, this guy trying to resurrect an old old issue and trying to get my goat.
Phee, if you are after me I will give you my address and phone number. Lets us continue this personal thing..
Old 08-27-2010, 12:58 PM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
I like the interior of the 1994-1998 Mustang. More appealing to me than that old Audi interior
Old 08-27-2010, 02:50 PM

Yes. and I love it! It goes back to my single days!
you mean it worked?
Old 08-27-2010, 03:07 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by MTwEeZi
you mean it worked?

Am not cute at all. Its actually the opposite, thus the name..
Old 08-27-2010, 03:07 PM
My first Avatar....

Received 6,830 Likes on 4,281 Posts

snobbery

good trait.

Old 08-27-2010, 03:32 PM
Team Owner

Received 54 Likes on 27 Posts
Old 08-27-2010, 03:35 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by pttl
snobbery

good trait.

I can be sometimes!!

Shift_Acura insulted me once in the past and I know he is referring to me again. I will not take it sitting down. Thats why I called him TSX owner.

I apologize for the snobbish remark...

Mods lock this thread already..lol!!
Old 08-27-2010, 03:54 PM
That was uncalled for...

Received 43 Likes on 27 Posts
I can be sometimes!!

Shift_Acura insulted me once in the past and I know he is referring to me again. I will not take it sitting down. Thats why I called him TSX owner.

If you would stop posting in this thread there'd be no reason to lock it
Old 08-27-2010, 04:07 PM

using the doesnt automatically make you look cool...
Old 08-27-2010, 04:23 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by MTwEeZi
using the doesnt automatically make you look cool...

Then fuck you !!!thumbsup::thumbsu p::thumbsu p::thumbsu p::thumbsu p:
Old 08-27-2010, 04:40 PM
Senior Moderator

I can be sometimes!!

Theres a better chance of you getting banned before this thread gets lock. Now chill.
Old 08-27-2010, 07:19 PM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 20,014 Likes on 14,518 Posts
Wow. That went sour quickly.

So yeah, I'd love the have the mustang...or the M3, or the IS-F for that matter...but 66% of them are what I consider out of my pricerange. Because I can't afford them??!,, nope, just because it's not worth the extra money to me. If I'm paying 900 a month...my car better have a 2 car garage and front door attached to it.

Of course, everyone's idea of expensive is relative. So the cost factor is pointless...and let's not forget it was M/T that decided to pair these 2 up...not us.
Old 08-27-2010, 10:53 PM
My first Avatar....

Received 6,830 Likes on 4,281 Posts
When is the M3 due to be redesigned/updated?
Old 08-27-2010, 10:58 PM
Punk Rocker

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts
Awesome, so he's posting pictures of a 14-year old car, not a 16-year old one. Sheesh.

Actually its a 2002 and it IS the previous generation since the last Mustang came out in 2005 (I consider the new one more of a refresh than a FMC)....
Old 08-28-2010, 06:03 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,671 Likes on 932 Posts
MODERATOR'S NOTE: Keep this up and you'll be awarded with a free vacation FROM Acurazine.
Old 08-28-2010, 06:22 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I was refering to just about all the poeple who have nicer and more expensive cars than a Mustang, who (IMO) are not giving the Mustang its dues.

I think the new stangs interior fit/finish is just as good as my TSX and I dont care if my car cost more, I still give credit where its due.

I also do believe the Mustang has features that make it more "luxurious" than ever before:

-“Pull-Drift Compensation” (which automatically adjusts the steering during crosswinds and on high crowned roads to pull the car back into line)
-“Active Nibble Control” (helps eliminate the shimmy when a wheel is slightly out of balance)
-Ford’s MyKey system which allows the vehicle owner to program the ignition key to limit top vehicle speed and audio volume, prevent traction control deactivation, and program speed-limit chimes.
-“Easy Fuel Fill” capless filler
-Sync with Handsfree bluetooth
-Color adjustable gauges
-HID headlights
-Rear View camera
-Auto climate control etc etc

Only a Lexus IS-F is better value than a Mustang GT
Old 08-28-2010, 10:38 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 72 Likes on 38 Posts
I was refering to just about all the poeple who have nicer and more expensive cars than a Mustang, who (IMO) are not giving the Mustang its dues.

I think the new stangs interior fit/finish is just as good as my TSX and I dont care if my car cost more, I still give credit where its due.

I also do believe the Mustang has features that make it more "luxurious" than ever before:

-“Pull-Drift Compensation” (which automatically adjusts the steering during crosswinds and on high crowned roads to pull the car back into line)
-“Active Nibble Control” (helps eliminate the shimmy when a wheel is slightly out of balance)
-Ford’s MyKey system which allows the vehicle owner to program the ignition key to limit top vehicle speed and audio volume, prevent traction control deactivation, and program speed-limit chimes.
-Color adjustable gauges
-HID headlights
-Rear View camera

The Mustang is a good value for what it is, but seriously, it's not anywhere close to being luxury. Half of those features are useless and the other half, I would expect in a $40k car. In addition, if I was looking at a $40k sports coupe, I think I would either get the 370Z or 135i. They're slower than a Mustang GT, but I never go to the track and don't care my 1/4 mile is 0.4 second slower.
Old 08-28-2010, 11:12 AM
Punk Rocker

Yeah, I've seen stock 370's at 13 secs flat.
Old 08-28-2010, 12:51 PM
Senior Moderator

-Color adjustable gauges
-HID headlights
-Rear View camera

And i think you giving the interior of the stang TOO much credit. Its not as good as your TSX interior. Have you even sat in a new stang?! Just touching the materials you would know right away its not close to the TSX.

Those options you listed arent very luxury anymore, they can be found in most cars under $30k.. prius, jetta, fusion, etc...

Ah well to each their own. Im happy Ford did well with the stang but some here think its the holy grail of automotive history.

I also been a long time Camaro fan so maybe thats why i cant get mysef to LOVE the stang.
Old 08-28-2010, 01:28 PM
אני עומד עם ישראל

Received 810 Likes on 522 Posts
I think the engine is just extremely impressive. There's a lot of buzz around the 5.0 and for the price it's hard to beat.
Old 08-28-2010, 05:19 PM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 20,014 Likes on 14,518 Posts
^^^that
Old 08-28-2010, 08:45 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 236 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by Hapa DC5
I think the engine is just extremely impressive. There's a lot of buzz around the 5.0 and for the price it's hard to beat.
Ford knows the Mustang won't steal M3 sales. The market is entirely different. What the Mustang might do in my humble opinion is to make people question what they're really looking for in a car. The fact alone that a Ford Mustang is being mentionned in the same breath as an M3 is a home run.
Old 08-28-2010, 08:49 PM
Punk Rocker

Originally Posted by nokiaman
Ford knows the Mustang won't steal M3 sales. The market is entirely different. What the Mustang might do in my humble opinion is to make people question what they're really looking for in a car. The fact alone that a Ford Mustang is being mentionned in the same breath as an M3 is a home run.
True dat! Did anybody ever think they would ever see a serious comparison between an M3 and a Mustang? Hell, the Mustang has been a running punch line amongst car enthusiast "elites" for years....
Old 08-28-2010, 10:49 PM
That was uncalled for...

Received 43 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by Crazy Acura
And i think you giving the interior of the stang TOO much credit. Its not as good as your TSX interior. Have you even sat in a new stang?! Just touching the materials you would know right away its not close to the TSX.

Those options you listed arent very luxury anymore, they can be found in most cars under $30k.. prius, jetta, fusion, etc...

Ah well to each their own. Im happy Ford did well with the stang but some here think its the holy grail of automotive history.

I also been a long time Camaro fan so maybe thats why i cant get mysef to LOVE the stang.
I'm going to try and sound as non-fanboy as possible here; But the only issue I can find with this Mustang's interior is the door panels. They are thick hard plastic. They seem durable but are definitely not soft-touch. As for the rest of the interior, it's more solid than both the Camaro and Challenger, and I feel it's better put together as well. The top of the dash is soft foam, the centre console and knee areas are both nice and soft to the touch, the radio unit is very solid, nothing (except for the door panels) has that hollow plastic sound to it when you knock on it, even the centre console down by the shifter is thicker than you'd expect.

Everything that your hands are in constant contact with (steering wheel, e-brake lever, door handles) all have a very solid feeling that I really appreciated when I took my first test drive. The steering wheel alone made a great first impression...

Last edited by S A CHO; 08-28-2010 at 10:52 PM.
Old 08-28-2010, 10:57 PM
Racer

-Color adjustable gauges
-HID headlights
-Rear View camera

First and foremost, I call that bullshit. This ignorant remark only tells me that you have not been in a premium interior mustang which I have visited today. The fit and finish of your TSX in not even comparable to this interior. Check out the locking mechanism and door speakers of the mustang and TSX below:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Secondly, Its my opinion that the mustang interior SUCKS. As SACHO said, everybody has an opinion and THIS is mine. And am sure he did not buy his car for the interior but for the fun and NOT the luxury that it brings ( but he can say otherwise). I would think having an opinion will not get me banned

Thirdly, your remark that my IS-F has better value than a mustang, really is a stupid remark which I think you are in person as well. If you want this argument to continue in person, just tell me and I more than willing to accede.

Fourthly to the mods, despite the repeated personal attacks against me, I remained calm and even said in jest that I was not cute in person. Most of my posts ( except for 2 posts which I regret ) in this thread were all observations and opinion which I reckon is allowed in a forum like this.

I think this is a great forum but I feel I do not belong here anymore because of owning a car moderately expensive than others, which is sad.
Old 08-28-2010, 11:08 PM
אני עומד עם ישראל

^ I feel everybody is welcome to this forum as most of us don't even own Acuras anymore.

You don't think you came off as being mildly arrogant? I know you enjoy your car and the F is extremely fun to drive as one of my best friends has one. He also owns an RDX and an RSX-S.

We're all enthusiasts and I respect the Mustang for the leaps and bounds it has made. I hope you can at least agree the Mustang offers a tremendous value and the fact it is mentioned in the same sentence as cars that cost as much as your F is deserving of a lot of credit to Ford.

They turned out a winner.
Old 08-28-2010, 11:19 PM
Senior Moderator

S A CHO I agree with your post. I had no issues with the areas you mentioned. Only thing i can add is that i didnt like the arm rest area. That part felt flimsy and my arm kept opening up the compartment thats there. Once again just nit picking.
Old 08-28-2010, 11:22 PM
Racer

^ I feel everybody is welcome to this forum as most of us don't even own Acuras anymore.

You don't think you came off as being mildly arrogant? I know you enjoy your car and the F is extremely fun to drive as one of my best friends has one. He also owns an RDX and an RSX-S.

We're all enthusiasts and I respect the Mustang for the leaps and bounds it has made. I hope you can at least agree the Mustang offers a tremendous value and the fact it is mentioned in the same sentence as cars that cost as much as your F is deserving of a lot of credit to Ford.

They turned out a winner.
I actually apologized for being snobbish and I even acknowledged the value of the mustang. I even said that " as much as I wanted to love the mustang" which was actually indicative of my excitement prior to renting it because of the positive press announcing the" audi-like interior". But I was disappointed because of over expectations. It IS a success because of the perfomance and NOT because of the interior. And that is my opinion which I hope will BE RESPECTED.
Old 08-28-2010, 11:34 PM
אני עומד עם ישראל

I actually apologized for being snobbish and I even acknowledged the value of the mustang. I even said that " as much as I wanted to love the mustang" which was actually indicative of my excitement prior to renting it because of the positive press announcing the" audi-like interior". But I was disappointed because of over expectations. It IS a success because of the perfomance and NOT because of the interior. And that is my opinion which I hope will BE RESPECTED.
Fair enough and I wholeheartedly agree. I for one never thought the interior was particularly special definitely well executed for its class, but the overall package is outstanding.
Old 08-28-2010, 11:38 PM
Racer

Fair enough and I wholeheartedly agree. I for one never thought the interior was particularly special definitely well executed for its class, but the overall package is outstanding.
Thank you for understanding my point and yes the packaging will give Camaro engineers sleepless nights :-)

Last edited by cuteguy1414; 08-28-2010 at 11:40 PM.
Old 08-28-2010, 11:54 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 196 Likes on 99 Posts
I think this is a great forum but I feel I do not belong here anymore because of owning a car moderately expensive than others, which is sad.

And there are many more here who own vehicles much more expensive than yours that don't seem to have a problem.

Terry

Last edited by teranfon; 08-29-2010 at 12:10 AM.
Old 08-29-2010, 12:09 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by nokiaman

Well said.

Each vehicle has a specific demographic. I highly doubt someone shopping for one will consider the other as an alternative. Ford knows this. BMW knows this. What Ford is doing is showcasing it's technology and it's willingness to adapt to a changing marketplace. The ponycar of yesteryear is much different than the ponycar of today. Ford is developing particular products, often with a global flavour, to demonstrate it's potential development and marketing of future vehicles. More so than the other two American manufactures, Ford realizes that as an automaker it needs to meet the demands of an ever evolving marketplace.

Would I buy a 5.0? Absolutely. And I probably will. Would I buy a M3? Nope. Because it doesn't appeal to me. But in no way does that mean it's an inferior product. It's an outstanding car. The Mustang simply offers me more of what I like. No one can dispute, however, that there isn't currently a Ford that can't run with one of BMW's best. And it's this that I'll think of when Ford develops other products of a performance nature.

Terry
Old 08-29-2010, 12:20 AM
Racer

^
I know for sure that this forums has many members who are well off. I hope you would understand that that is how I felt being attacked firstly, regarding my name and then the car I drive which had no connection to this thread.
And this will be my last post in Acurazine ( I know good riddance ) as I elicited a negative response from a Mega moderator. Ciao..
Old 08-29-2010, 12:36 AM
Moderator Alumnus

^
I know for sure that this forums has many members who are well off. I hope you would understand that that is how I felt being attacked firstly, regarding my name and then the car I drive which had no connection to this thread.
And this will be my last post in Acurazine ( I know good riddance ) as I elicited a negative response from a Mega moderator. Ciao..
This is an open forum, and as such everyone is welcome to contribute to it. I understand how you felt, but you chastising others isn't exactly conducive to an open discussion either. If someone's comments are disagreeable to you, I suggest you just let them roll off your back as most of us do.

And my comments to you were not made as a moderator. My comments were made to you as a registered member who disagrees that the price of one's car (whatever that price may have been) represents either a right or wrong opinion or a level of resentment. Everyone here is an enthusiast, and the vast majority agree that we are all equal.

Terry

Last edited by teranfon; 08-29-2010 at 12:43 AM.
Old 08-29-2010, 01:02 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 236 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by teranfon
What Ford is doing is showcasing it's technology and it's willingness to adapt to a changing marketplace. The ponycar of yesteryear is much different than the ponycar of today. Ford is developing particular products, often with a global flavour, to demonstrate it's potential development and marketing of future vehicles.

Terry

What needs to be commanded and emphasized on once again is the shocking value the new Mustang is offering; I don't think there is any other brand out there offering 412 hp under 35k out there.

This reminds me of the dilemma I had when I was comparing the M3 and the Z06 a little while back when I was shopping. I had 4 BMWs before and was naturally biased. Just like the Ford, the Chevy had a lesser interior and badge but cost roughly the same(give or take) but it offered superior performance so I ended up with that.

I'm glad that the Mustang is being compared to the M3. It's a subtle way of telling BMW, you make a great car but don't sit just yet because we are catching up very quickly...at least performance wise.

All this to say is that car companies are aware now that the public prioritizes value more and more as time goes; in this war of horsepower and competition, it is among the very rare occasions where the consumer comes out a winner either way.

Quick Reply: MT: Ford Mustang GT vs the BMW M3