M2: El Ban's guide to owning a BMW and not becoming a douche! - Page 11 - AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

Go Back  AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community > Automotive Discussion > Car Talk
Reload this Page >

M2: El Ban's guide to owning a BMW and not becoming a douche!

Notices

M2: El Ban's guide to owning a BMW and not becoming a douche!

Old 12-31-2018, 05:48 PM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Thanked 14,562 Times in 10,878 Posts
Naw bro...the E46 was a fucking turd...the guy didn't want me to fully drive it until we were headed to the bank to pay him. He tried to tell me all german cars drive like shit like his...I almost lost it on him. I walked back to the dealership from the bank to drive myself home.
Old 01-01-2019, 12:33 AM
2006 RRP TL "The Comrade"

Originally Posted by Costco View Post

Oof, I didn't do my research beforehand. I was just visiting, kinda impromptu, but someday I hope to get the full European delivery experience. Shamefully, I didn't go on either passes, though I've seen Stelvio pass on Top Gear before? Next time I'll plan better. Will definitely try to go on the Nurburgring as well.

I drove through the countrysides around Munich, then drove to Stuttgart, then to Zurich. I think anyone who is into cars should visit the BMW, Mercedes, and Porsche museums. You would especially like the BMW one, as well as the BMW welt. I didn't rent a car in Italy because it seemed like a huge pain to park there

Exhaust looks and sounds great! Those welds and flanges tho.
Man, I never been to Europe. If I ever get to do that I'll definitely need to visit those museums. Does Ferrari have a museum in Modena? (or where-ever they make their cars...)

Even better if I'm in a financial situation to take Euro delivery....but maybe just rent a car and do some of those bucket list drives!!

Originally Posted by rockstar143 View Post
Naw bro...the E46 was a fucking turd...the guy didn't want me to fully drive it until we were headed to the bank to pay him. He tried to tell me all german cars drive like shit like his...I almost lost it on him. I walked back to the dealership from the bank to drive myself home.
Maaaan, huge huge red flag. Anyone who is like that....guarantee there was something wrong with the car. Always step away from damn scammers like those....
The Following User Says Thank You to nist7 For This Useful Post:
EL BAN (01-10-2019)
Old 01-01-2019, 05:59 AM

I'm telling you...
initially, he let me test drive it but only wanted me to go down the block and slow because he didn't have insurance on it.
He was nice...but in the end, everyone selling you a car is nice. He was trying to stick me with it. I was smart enough that time to
have my Acura bud do a PPI and put it on a lift and he was all wide eyed and NO MOTHERFUCKER what are you doing...I was like,
okay cool, so buy it anyway because I loved the lipstick on a pig!
The Following User Says Thank You to rockstar143 For This Useful Post:
EL BAN (01-10-2019)
Old 01-01-2019, 02:09 PM
2006 RRP TL "The Comrade"

I'm telling you...
initially, he let me test drive it but only wanted me to go down the block and slow because he didn't have insurance on it.
He was nice...but in the end, everyone selling you a car is nice. He was trying to stick me with it. I was smart enough that time to
have my Acura bud do a PPI and put it on a lift and he was all wide eyed and NO MOTHERFUCKER what are you doing...I was like,
okay cool, so buy it anyway because I loved the lipstick on a pig!
woooooow, lololol. Man I just hope he didn't scam someone else into what sounds like a death trap...no insurance? car probably couldn't pass safety inspection.......
Old 01-02-2019, 06:22 AM

Luckily Florida doesn't do safety nor emissions controls.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rockstar143 For This Useful Post:
EL BAN (01-10-2019), nist7 (01-10-2019)
Old 01-10-2019, 07:08 PM
Road Racer / Solo Addict

Originally Posted by Costco View Post

Oof, I didn't do my research beforehand. I was just visiting, kinda impromptu, but someday I hope to get the full European delivery experience. Shamefully, I didn't go on either passes, though I've seen Stelvio pass on Top Gear before? Next time I'll plan better. Will definitely try to go on the Nurburgring as well.

I drove through the countrysides around Munich, then drove to Stuttgart, then to Zurich. I think anyone who is into cars should visit the BMW, Mercedes, and Porsche museums. You would especially like the BMW one, as well as the BMW welt. I didn't rent a car in Italy because it seemed like a huge pain to park there

Exhaust looks and sounds great! Those welds and flanges tho.
Yes, Stelvio was featured in Top Gear as one of the best roads in the world for a gear head to drive. There is so much to see man, I planned it well in advance and still didnt see as much as I wanted. Italy was tight and I spent two days there with the car but the place was so beautiful I barely drove, car was parked at hotel and we went on boat tours since we stayed next to Lake Como. Thanks on the exhaust! I'm loving it.

You did good then buddy, nobody drops money like that without being sure its good.

Luckily Florida doesn't do safety nor emissions controls.
AMEN to that, I would be fucked right now with all the exhaust setups I have, the black 135i is loud AF also.

Dude sorry for the late heads up on the Palm Beach Cars and Coffee.. it was good! ill let you know with more time next one.

The Following User Says Thank You to EL BAN For This Useful Post:
nist7 (01-10-2019)
Old 01-10-2019, 07:36 PM

It's all good, man...
normally I'm flexible but that was the one day a year we slept until noon!
Old 01-11-2019, 10:34 AM

Thanked 2,150 Times in 1,272 Posts
Naw bro...the E46 was a fucking turd...the guy didn't want me to fully drive it until we were headed to the bank to pay him.
Jesus, J. That's a red flag if I ever saw one

I kinda get it though, on the other hand, maybe he doesn't want people wasting his time. Buuuuut...
Old 01-11-2019, 10:37 AM

Thanked 8,568 Times in 5,747 Posts
Damn, what a gorgeous vehicle And it sounds even better! Congratulations!

Search this Thread

Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.