Just Raced My First G35 Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2004, 10:52 PM
[]( O)( O)% []D[][]V[][]D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just Raced My First G35 Coupe

Hey Guys On my Way To WCC ( my college) A g35 pulled up next to me and gave me a sign to go...so i hit the metal an off we went...up till 100 the G35 fell Back a Bit but then after that, the poor Guy was no where to be seen...so slowed down n waitin for him to catch him n went at it again....n again he blew his doors off...is it possible that the TL is just that much faster or did this guy not know how to drive.
Old 12-01-2004, 10:55 PM
[]( O)( O)% []D[][]V[][]D

Sry Bout the Typo's Fellas..it's late n my girlfriend was on the phone as i was typing this..
Old 12-01-2004, 10:56 PM
Bears Rule!(Well, kinda')

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not to be rude, but he didn't know how to drive....G with a good driver should pretty much win every time...coupe that is. Sedan is a driver toss up.
Old 12-01-2004, 11:25 PM
The Oracle of Acurazine!

Received 44 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Mindworm
Not to be rude, but he didn't know how to drive....G with a good driver should pretty much win every time...coupe that is. Sedan is a driver toss up.
Old 12-02-2004, 06:52 AM
Now with i-Vtec

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I G35's are slow. Really slowwwwww. I raced one and didn't even know we were racing. I pulled out from behind him and before I got near him he stepped to it. I ended up passing him by 7+ cars like he was standing still. Well this was also in my 92 Civic Si Hatch with an JDM ITR swap. Still I would have expected more more from that car. This was even when my car was running like shit because the moron that tuned my Hondata doesn't know how to tune. Damn I didn't even take it to 9,500rpms like I could have. I think I went to 8,500 or so. I have since run across a couple of them but haven't been in the mood to play. I have no doubt that G35's are just heavy slugs.
Old 12-02-2004, 09:36 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,667 Likes on 931 Posts
Old 12-02-2004, 01:01 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by JDM5lugHatch
I G35's are slow. Really slowwwwww. I raced one and didn't even know we were racing. I pulled out from behind him and before I got near him he stepped to it. I ended up passing him by 7+ cars like he was standing still. Well this was also in my 92 Civic Si Hatch with an JDM ITR swap. Still I would have expected more more from that car. This was even when my car was running like shit because the moron that tuned my Hondata doesn't know how to tune. Damn I didn't even take it to 9,500rpms like I could have. I think I went to 8,500 or so. I have since run across a couple of them but haven't been in the mood to play. I have no doubt that G35's are just heavy slugs.
Make sure you have your flame suit zipped up and ready to go, cause you're gonna need it.
Old 12-02-2004, 03:10 PM
What's a TL?

Originally Posted by Mindworm

I still agree that the guy didn't know how to drive, because there is no reason for a TL to pull hard on a G. But, if both were 6mt and manned by good drivers, I don't think the G35 is a clear winner (2dr or 4dr). It should be close. I say this because one of my friends has a '03 CL-s while someone else has a G35 Coupe, and, until the coupe was modded, the CL was on top.
Old 12-02-2004, 04:24 PM
Now with i-Vtec

Originally Posted by DownUnder
Make sure you have your flame suit zipped up and ready to go, cause you're gonna need it.

Need it for what. Don't get me wrong it's a really good looking car but it's a turd of a Sports Coupe so is the 350Z. Ever wonder why they have a turbo kit for them and a lame turbo kit at that. Twin turbos that run 5lbs of boost and almost 10k in cash. Thats insane. I looked at buying one for the same reasons that half the other people on this board did but was far from impressed. Every car I have owned has had a nicer interior than that car did. Flame if you want.

Also if you look above I didn't start this thread. I just posted in it. Oh and you would have seen that it was in a Civic Hatch with JDM ITR engine all motor(basically stock) with usual bolt-ons no power adders like cams, NOS, turbo, Supercharger, etc. Have a nice day!
Old 12-02-2004, 04:51 PM
Pinky all stinky

Received 191 Likes on 118 Posts
Need it for what. Don't get me wrong it's a really good looking car but it's a turd of a Sports Coupe so is the 350Z. Ever wonder why they have a turbo kit for them and a lame turbo kit at that. Twin turbos that run 5lbs of boost and almost 10k in cash.

I know you didn't start this thread, but having a turbo kit takes nothing away from the stock performance potential of the coupe. Using the same argument, you could say the same for the TL...why does it need an A-Spec package?
Old 12-02-2004, 05:12 PM
Drifting

Need it for what. Don't get me wrong it's a really good looking car but it's a turd of a Sports Coupe so is the 350Z.
First of all how can you say the G35 coupe is a “turd” when it can beat every Acura (no offense TL owners) except the $90K NSX. Yea what a turd.
Ever wonder why they have a turbo kit for them and a lame turbo kit at that. Twin turbos that run 5lbs of boost and almost 10k in cash. Thats insane.
Ummm it’s called aftermarket. They don’t need it but people buy turbo kits to go faster. And the turbo kits doesn’t cost $10k, even installed it doesn’t cost that much. Greddy turbo kits run 5.6psi stock but you can easily bump it to 8 or 9psi and make over 400WHP with stock internals. There are also several more turbo kits out there and S/C’s too.
Every car I have owned has had a nicer interior than that car did. Flame if you want.
Every car huh? Including the ’92 Civic?
Also if you look above I didn't start this thread. I just posted in it. Have a nice day!
No, but you wrote the most ignorant post on this thread. Have a nice day.
Old 12-02-2004, 05:40 PM
Now with i-Vtec

First of all how can you say the G35 coupe is a “turd” when it can beat every Acura except the $90K NSX. Yea what a turd. Ummm it’s called aftermarket. They don’t need it but people buy turbo kits to go faster. And the turbo kits doesn’t cost $10k, even installed it doesn’t cost that much. Greddy turbo kits run 5.6psi stock but you can easily bump it to 8 or 9psi and make over 400WHP with stock internals. There are also several more turbo kits out there and S/C’s too.Every car huh? Including the ’92 Civic?
No, but you wrote the most ignorant post on this thread. Have a nice day.

You think so huh. To correct you a swapped civic with acura power plant will beat a G35 coupe. A stock ITR will run neck and neck if not walk it. I have seen it. A 6mt will beat a G35 equally equiped with good drivers. Who says it can beat every acura
Acura was clearly planning to take no prisoners with the latest TL, and that was immediately apparent at the drag strip, where the TL ripped off a 0-to-60-mph mark of just 5.8 seconds—a half-second quicker than the potent Infiniti G35 could manage with its 3.5-liter V-6, and more than a second quicker than the best of the rest.
This is taken from car and driver. According to them the g35 does the 1/4 in 14.6 the TL does it in 14.3 .

My bad for the Greddy kit it's only $6500. However that will get you like 70hp IIRC.

Actually yes even the '92 Civic had a nicer interior but hey thats my opinion.

So EXACTLY what part of my post was the most lame? Please elaborate. I stated my opinions if you don't like them I could give a rats ass.

Old 12-02-2004, 05:49 PM
GEEZER

Received 2,226 Likes on 1,421 Posts
Those (IMO) were the best years for teh Civic. Nice engine swap too.
Old 12-02-2004, 06:13 PM
Drifting

You think so huh. To correct you a swapped civic with acura power plant will beat a G35 coupe.
To correct me??? LOL, I'm talking STOCK.

A stock ITR will run neck and neck if not walk it. I have seen it.
Yea, and I’ve seen a stock SMG E46 M3 beat an ’02 Z06 does that mean every time the E46 M3 will beat a Z06, NO. Same goes for an ITR vs. G35 Coupe. A stock ITR at best runs high 14’s @ 95-96 MPH in the ¼ mile.

A 6mt will beat a G35 equally equiped with good drivers. Who says it can beat every acura This is taken from car and driver. According to them the g35 does the 1/4 in 14.6 the TL does it in 14.3.
Yea, let’s take the slowest time for the G35 and compare it to the fastest time for the TL. Look harder and you’ll find that they ran a 14.2s @ 100MPH in a G coupe. And the G sedan ran 14.2s @ 99MPH in another test. I haven’t seen C&D get 14.3s with a TL.

Also refer to a post regarding that comparison test:
https://acurazine.com/forums/showpos...0&postcount=62

My bad for the Greddy kit it's only $6500. However that will get you like 70hp IIRC.
Like I said before stock boost is only 5.6psi, all you have to do it turn the boost up a bit.

Actually yes even the '92 Civic had a nicer interior but hey thats my opinion.
1 out 10,000,000 agrees with you.

So EXACTLY what part of my post was the most lame? Please elaborate. I stated my opinions if you don't like them I could give a rats ass.
That’s right you post opinions that mean nothing and wrong facts.
Old 12-02-2004, 06:46 PM
Instructor

In a street race anything can happen. Who knows if the G coupe was even going for it. Once I was at a stop light with a riced out late model prelude reving his engine up. I had my wife and kid in the car. I lauched hard and he took the bait. I could hear him trying his best. I just accelrated enough to make it tough for him to make the merge. I am sure he wrote on his favorite forum how he killed a G35.

DM5lugHatch if your Civic was so great then why did you buy a TL?
Old 12-02-2004, 07:02 PM
Now with i-Vtec

To correct me??? LOL, I'm talking STOCK.
Ok so lets take a civic swap in a B16A and there you go a car that will beat the G35 and TL and hey its stock JDM. Right oh but then we are talking about a car only sold in Japan but easily duplicated in the US. Does that count?

Yea, and I’ve seen a stock SMG E46 M3 beat an ’02 Z06 does that mean every time the E46 M3 will beat a Z06, NO. Same goes for an ITR vs. G35 Coupe. A stock ITR at best runs high 14’s @ 95-96 MPH in the ¼ mile.
Hey your right what can I say. I mean I have also seen a bone stock ITR run a 13.9 at the track with 30 day tags back in 2000. My friend might still have a clip of it.

Yea, let’s take the slowest time for the G35 and compare it to the fastest time for the TL. Look harder and you’ll find that they ran a 14.2s @ 100MPH in a G coupe. And the G sedan ran 14.2s @ 99MPH in another test. I haven’t seen C&D get 14.3s with a TL.
Okay look at the A-spec TL in this article http://www.caranddriver.com/article....&page_number=2 However this is the A-Spec and the only things that could attribute partly to the better time are tires and suspension but then there is the added weight of the 18's. So could it have been just a better driver?

Like I said before stock boost is only 5.6psi, all you have to do it turn the boost up a bit.
This is true but then you will require an engine management system of some sort as the kit was only designed to run 5-6lbs. safely. That may be something as simple as a Apex-i Super AFC or something better from a technical stand point.

I use to own a stage 4+ WRX that was unfortunately stolen and I can tell you from my experience with turbo cars they need to be tuned they need proper engine management and fuel delivery systems. IIRC the greddy kit came with 440 injectors to me this seems small. Maybe it's not I don't know a shit load about the G35 and I am not going to pretend that I do. I was running 560's with 350whp and I was almost at 100% injector duty cycle which is not good. You idealy should never run above 85% but hey what do I know.

1 out 10,000,000 agrees with you.
Maybe so. I don't really care. But look at that interior at 12 years old and look at the g35's in 12 years. It will be scratched to hell due to the use of cheap ass materials. When I was looking into the G35 that was the biggest complaint of all that the interior was just down right cheap. This was all over the nissan boards that I had looked at but that was sometime ago now.

That’s right you post opinions that mean nothing and wrong facts.

what facts were really wrong.

But this is good I like this debate.
Old 12-02-2004, 07:11 PM
Now with i-Vtec

Originally Posted by shodog
In a street race anything can happen. Who knows if the G coupe was even going for it. Once I was at a stop light with a riced out late model prelude reving his engine up. I had my wife and kid in the car. I lauched hard and he took the bait. I could hear him trying his best. I just accelrated enough to make it tough for him to make the merge. I am sure he wrote on his favorite forum how he killed a G35.

DM5lugHatch if your Civic was so great then why did you buy a TL?

Because I wanted to get out of modding my cars. I was throwing every penny into every car I ever bought. SO I figured if I bought the TL I could finally start saving some money to buy a house. Plus I recently got engaged and basically need to start thinking more about the future than what I am doing next to my car.

The civic was also a project kinda. I had a WRX wagon that was stolen that I had dumped over 10k worth of engine mods into. I needed a car so I bought the hatch when the insurance money came in I dumped every penny into it. It had damn near every JDM goodness part on it I could find but it was growing old fast.

Plus I was so damn worried someone was going to steal it even though I had an awesome alarm that my friend had installed literally inside my dash. He removed the dash to make it impossible to get to without removing the dash. I even knew the "secrets" to keep it safe however nothing will keep it safe from a flat bed.

Too many of my friends honda's started dissapearing and I didn't want it to happen to me again.
Old 12-02-2004, 09:19 PM
Drifting

Ok so lets take a civic swap in a B16A and there you go a car that will beat the G35 and TL and hey its stock JDM. Right oh but then we are talking about a car only sold in Japan but easily duplicated in the US. Does that count?
If the Civic came here to the US with a B16a then that’s what I would consider stock. A Civic with a motor swap isn’t stock.

Hey your right what can I say. I mean I have also seen a bone stock ITR run a 13.9 at the track with 30 day tags back in 2000. My friend might still have a clip of it.
Maybe on a track going down hill. What did it trap in 1/4 mile, time slips?

Okay look at the A-spec TL in this article http://www.caranddriver.com/article....&page_number=2 However this is the A-Spec and the only things that could attribute partly to the better time are tires and suspension but then there is the added weight of the 18's. So could it have been just a better driver?
Impressive times I didn't know about that article. Personally I wouldn't spend $5,200 plus $500 installation for that A-spec kit though. It would've been nice if the A-spec kit would've bumped the HP to 290-300HP the I think it would’ve been worth it.

Maybe so. I don't really care. But look at that interior at 12 years old and look at the g35's in 12 years. It will be scratched to hell due to the use of cheap ass materials. When I was looking into the G35 that was the biggest complaint of all that the interior was just down right cheap. This was all over the nissan boards that I had looked at but that was sometime ago now.
I've had mine for a little over two years and coming up on 30K miles and no scratches on the console yet, maybe I'm just careful. The new '05 G35’s center console has been revised though.
Old 12-03-2004, 05:55 AM
Now with i-Vtec

If the Civic came here to the US with a B16a then that’s what I would consider stock. A Civic with a motor swap isn’t stock.
Actually it did in the Civic SI but being it was the new body style coupe well it was heavy compared to a hatch. The best time my friend ever turned at the track with his 2000 Si was 14.4.

Maybe on a track going down hill. What did it trap in 1/4 mile, time slips?
Nope it was at Budds Creek/ Maryland International Raceway the same place they hold all the major racing events. Trap speed was around 104/106 I can't remember exactly. I am going to see if my friend still has the video and if so get it hosted and post a link to it here. We were all surprised to say the least. But it's all about the driver

Impressive times I didn't know about that article. Personally I wouldn't spend $5,200 plus $500 installation for that A-spec kit though. It would've been nice if the A-spec kit would've bumped the HP to 290-300HP the I think it would’ve been worth it.
Neither would I however the A-Spec suspension is only like $6-700 install yourself and put some Bridgestone S03's on it and well I am sure the 1/4 mile times might even be lowere due to the decreased weight of the 18's and body kit. I firmly believe that 1/4 mile times are only as good as the driver.

I've had mine for a little over two years and coming up on 30K miles and no scratches on the console yet, maybe I'm just careful. The new '05 G35’s center console has been revised though.
Maybe. I haven't seen the 05 interior yet so I can't comment on it. I just know of all the problems I read about them but then again the 3rd gen has had a lot of problems too. It is a nice looking car though I have always thought so. Another thing that made me decide against it was that its RWD and in the snow that will take me nowhere but into a ditch or gaurdrail. This is my daily driver so I depend on it getting me to and from work safely.
Old 12-03-2004, 08:37 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,667 Likes on 931 Posts
Downunder: to every one of your posts here freaking !!!!
Old 12-03-2004, 09:39 AM
Instructor

That says it all. DUH!!DUH!! A friend of mine that had a EG w/ B20 tec swap kills V8 like that...so figure it out!
Old 12-03-2004, 10:46 AM
Now with i-Vtec

Originally Posted by ClnOB
That says it all. DUH!!DUH!! A friend of mine that had a EG w/ B20 tec swap kills V8 like that...so figure it out!
Well you can't even consider a B20 a stock motor at all. That motor has new pistons (high compression), more than likely it's sleeved and bored over like 84mm or something ridiculous like that. He is probably running a B16 or Type R head seeing that they are pretty much the same head design. Also I am sure its running cams too. A Stock JDM B18c-R ITR engine with I/H/E/C will put down like 189whp maxed out. A B20 will put down up to 240 whp all motor thats impressive in a hatch.

A regular swapped hatch GSR or ITR can beat a V8. All depends on what kinda V8 we are talking about.
Old 12-03-2004, 11:45 AM
What's a TL?

Originally Posted by 1killercls
Those (IMO) were the best years for teh Civic. Nice engine swap too.

Agreed, very nice swap. That thing looks like a beast...I think my buddy is going to be swapping a RSX-S engine in his '04 SI hatch

BTW, I'm digging the 1UP's scattered around the engine bay

I think that the G is a nice car, so I can't agree with your posts 100%, but I think that people here have trouble recognizing that it has weaknesses, and they also seem to have trouble appreciating JDM cars just cause they don't have leather or Navi
Old 12-03-2004, 02:18 PM
Drifting

Actually it did in the Civic SI but being it was the new body style coupe well it was heavy compared to a hatch. The best time my friend ever turned at the track with his 2000 Si was 14.4.
Oops, I forgot the 2000 Civic SI had a b16a engine. Yea, if they came as a hatch they would've been pretty quick little cars probably as quick as an S2000.

Nope it was at Budds Creek/ Maryland International Raceway the same place they hold all the major racing events. Trap speed was around 104/106 I can't remember exactly. I am going to see if my friend still has the video and if so get it hosted and post a link to it here. We were all surprised to say the least. But it's all about the driver.
There's no way the trap speed on a STOCK ITR would reach 104-106MPH in the 1/4 mile, in fact post that on an ITR forum and I'm sure they'll laugh at you. For comparison a 300HP STI traps around 104-105MPH stock with a really good driver and an STI would kill a stock ITR from either a roll or from a dig. Come on dude that ITR would've had to been modded or had some major weight reduction to achieve that run.
Old 12-03-2004, 03:10 PM
Now with i-Vtec

Oops, I forgot the 2000 Civic SI had a b16a engine. Yea, if they came as a hatch they would've been pretty quick little cars probably as quick as an S2000.

There's no way the trap speed on a STOCK ITR would reach 104-106MPH in the 1/4 mile, in fact post that on an ITR forum and I'm sure they'll laugh at you. For comparison a 300HP STI traps around 104-105MPH stock with a really good driver and an STI would kill a stock ITR from either a roll or from a dig. Come on dude that ITR would've had to been modded or had some major weight reduction to achieve that run.

Like I said I don't really remember the trap speed. My friend is looking for the video now then hopefully he finds it and didn't record over it and i will get a link up on here. The car was bone stock 30 day temp tags and had just reached the break-in period.

For your viewing pleasure http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1020413 here are some ITR 1/4 mile times someone posted 13.9 basically stock another 14.01 @ 99.03mph with an intake and exhaust no header and no chip. 13.9's are possible depending all on driver and his style.

As for an STi it's okay I was more impressed with the EVO though and this is coming from a previous owner of 2 subarus one being 350whp which to be honest I really miss that car. Do you know what it's like to pull next to most cars and walk them with ease and do it in a wagon. I have many people that saw me race and beat a 2002 TT 911 and a Supercharged NSX up to 150mph then they were both starting to stalk me down at about 160 or so. This happened at least 2 more times while on our "Cruise". I unfortunately lost to a built supercharged mustang with 500rwhp. But it was a well delivered asswhooping that happened another 2 or 3 times and they were by car lengths. That was over a year ago. Since then I have chilled a lot which is the reason for the TL and the switch to an auto. I have more to think about now like my fiance and our future.
Old 12-03-2004, 03:32 PM
EZZ
Burning Brakes

Like I said I don't really remember the trap speed. My friend is looking for the video now then hopefully he finds it and didn't record over it and i will get a link up on here. The car was bone stock 30 day temp tags and had just reached the break-in period.

For your viewing pleasure http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1020413 here are some ITR 1/4 mile times someone posted 13.9 basically stock another 14.01 @ 99.03mph with an intake and exhaust no header and no chip. 13.9's are possible depending all on driver and his style.

As for an STi it's okay I was more impressed with the EVO though and this is coming from a previous owner of 2 subarus one being 350whp which to be honest I really miss that car. Do you know what it's like to pull next to most cars and walk them with ease and do it in a wagon. I have many people that saw me race and beat a 2002 TT 911 and a Supercharged NSX up to 150mph then they were both starting to stalk me down at about 160 or so. This happened at least 2 more times while on our "Cruise". I unfortunately lost to a built supercharged mustang with 500rwhp. But it was a well delivered asswhooping that happened another 2 or 3 times and they were by car lengths. That was over a year ago. Since then I have chilled a lot which is the reason for the TL and the switch to an auto. I have more to think about now like my fiance and our future.
Sounds like you built some good cars. I'm surprised you chose a TL as they are completely different beasts altogether

BTW, my buddy had a GSR that was modded enough to hang with ITRs and he was at best a high 14 second car. I believe the new RSX w/ecu I/H/E is much faster in a straight line and they run mid/low 14s. Either that or your friend had a serious factory freak. I'd love to see the video if he did break 14 seconds
Old 12-03-2004, 05:01 PM
Drifting

That's believable, the trap speed is where it should be at with those mods. He's also a very good driver cause not everyone could get those ET's, even some of the forum members question ET’s that low. So now you see that 13.9s @ 104-106MPH is impossible for a STOCK ITR even with God himself behind the wheel. Remember stock means EVERYTHING is stock down to the factory paper air filter, tires, and no weight reduction. Exhaust and CAI is not stock, gutted interior is not stock, removing the cat or P/S belt is not stock, using drag radials or slicks as an only mod is not stock etc...
Old 12-03-2004, 06:19 PM
Now with i-Vtec

Yeah I know what stock means and this car was dead stock. I saw the car in person under the hood and everything. Like I said I am going on memory of over 4 years ago and thats how long it's been since I have been to a track even. I use to prefer street racing. Not really into any of it anymore.
Old 12-03-2004, 07:40 PM
Safety Car

[QUOTE=JDM5lugHatch]For your viewing pleasure http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1020413 here are some ITR 1/4 mile times someone posted 13.9 basically stock another 14.01 @ 99.03mph with an intake and exhaust no header and no chip. 13.9's are possible depending all on driver and his style.
[QUOTE]

Well I'm glad the modded car was supposedly slower than the stock car. I think it has been established through real time slips and mag times that a typeR runs in the are of mid to high 14's stock. In the same way, a g35 coupe/350z have been established as running high 13's to low 14's stock.
Old 12-04-2004, 06:49 PM
Racer

Well I'm glad the modded car was supposedly slower than the stock car. I think it has been established through real time slips and mag times that a typeR runs in the are of mid to high 14's stock. In the same way, a g35 coupe/350z have been established as running high 13's to low 14's stock.
Most of my readings (Car & Driver, Motor Trend, Road & Track, etc.) put 1/4 mile times for G35s in the mid 14 range (sedan and coupe). G35 owners have talked about high 13s for stock cars, but I haven't seen any other evidence that this is the "norm" at all. Not saying it hasn't been done, nor am I saying G35s aren't fast cars, but let's just be real here. Based on my readings, I would call the G35 a mid 14 car on average. Plus, I'm talking 6MTs here, not ATs. Of course, environmental factors and even differences between individual cars can modify 1/4 mile times (and any other performance numbers for that matter). Not to mention driver skill...

No comments on the 350Z here.
Old 12-04-2004, 08:24 PM
EZZ
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by missmyprelude
Most of my readings (Car & Driver, Motor Trend, Road & Track, etc.) put 1/4 mile times for G35s in the mid 14 range (sedan and coupe). G35 owners have talked about high 13s for stock cars, but I haven't seen any other evidence that this is the "norm" at all. Not saying it hasn't been done, nor am I saying G35s aren't fast cars, but let's just be real here. Based on my readings, I would call the G35 a mid 14 car on average. Plus, I'm talking 6MTs here, not ATs. Of course, environmental factors and even differences between individual cars can modify 1/4 mile times (and any other performance numbers for that matter). Not to mention driver skill...

The same with the TL. I've also seen low 14 second marks for the TL too on timeslips but have most mags have mid 14s. I however find that real life numbers are better because most people have more miles on their cars thus their engines are better broken in. 3 people have broken 14 seconds on their stock Gs (2 coupes, 1 sedan) on G35 driver.com. I wouldn't be surprised if a really great driver broke 14 seconds on the TL.
Old 12-04-2004, 09:30 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
G Coupe Interior. Might wanna lay off the crack JDM5lugHatch

Old 12-04-2004, 09:48 PM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
DownUnder --

Shouldn't you be on the G35 forum??

I mean, you have some valid points, but it sounds like you're an Infiniti guy. What are you doing on the Acura board??
Old 12-04-2004, 09:50 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by missmyprelude

I agree on average most people run mid 14's in the G35 6MT. The G35 can dip into the high 13's all stock but it takes a really good driver to achieve that.
Old 12-04-2004, 10:01 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Pure Adrenaline
DownUnder --

Shouldn't you be on the G35 forum??

I mean, you have some valid points, but it sounds like you're an Infiniti guy. What are you doing on the Acura board??
Usually I'm on the Infiniti forums but I like Acura as much as I like Infiniti. I just come here cause I like reading about the 3rd gen TL.
Old 12-07-2004, 03:38 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The bottom line is that a TL-S or 04TL can beat a G35 coupe 6spd or not. I've done it plenty of times. On the freeway or on the street. Oh yeah jdm5lughatch, nice setup.
Old 12-15-2004, 08:54 PM
G35 Freak

haha, this is a funny post!!! WHere is that little popcorn smiley??

BTW, I ran the time in my sig STOCK.
Old 12-15-2004, 11:40 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by 1fasttl
The bottom line is that a TL-S or 04TL can beat a G35 coupe 6spd or not. I've done it plenty of times. On the freeway or on the street. Oh yeah jdm5lughatch, nice setup.

RICE Go kill yourself streetracing.
Old 12-16-2004, 12:41 AM
Comptech Freak

JDM ITR in a civic Hatch....

it is the fastest honda i have even know except the NSX