IS300smoked!'98M3 sorta?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2001, 12:05 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts
IS300smoked!'98M3 sorta?

well it just happened i saw a is300 and waited for it cought a light and just before it was gonna turn here comes a 98 m3 It was on!Oh by the way two girls in the IS sooo...no offense didnt expect much ...in there defense they did go they just got smoked and i think backed off???that what it seemed like ...well i got the jump on the M3...then it seemed like he got some back while i was in second it seemed even once more the tide started to swing the other way in my favor AND then it happened!!!SHIT!!!bumped the rev limiter and it was all over we yelled accross to each other good run...i asked what year ?'98! 5 SPEED? YEP!now that was fun especially concidering the road a long sweeper near the end and to make matters worse they like roughed it up in preperation for new black top...

------------------
'01 3.2 CL typeS
H&R o.e.'s 1.0/1.0
AEM cold air w/bypass
---PIAA 19224----
satin silver metalic
Llumar platinum plus
tint 20% all around
kill list
ITR.'98gt,GTP,contour SVT
GS-R,87 GT,supra...and more to come
-----------------
'98 ACCORD V-6 sedan
16" coupe wheels
215/55/16 nitto's
20% smoke titanium
black chrome kit
Old 06-11-2001, 12:58 AM
JZ
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That sounds very much like my race with an M3 I posted a few months ago. We made a gradual left from a stop light with him in front of me and I could hear him get on it as soon as we pulled into the straight away. I floored it into 1st and took off. For the first couple of seconds all I could hear was his cars exhaust and he pulled a bit on me. But, when VTEC switched over my CAI roared and all I could hear was my car and I pulled on him hard and gained even more when he had to shift a few hundred rpms beofre me. That little bit extra before I hit the limiter was enough that I had to let off before I hit into his back bumper. The guy lives in my development and needless to say he was really surprised that he couldn't pull on me to get over a lane. I'm sure if we raced from a standstill he would have gotten a much better jump and won, but in this exact instance I had to let off before rear ending him.

------------------
Black/black CLS
Comptech headers, springs, swaybars
Koni yellows
Polarg M6 road lamps
Solaris Hi beams
Potenza RE730 225/45/17
Red AEM CAI
Denso Iridium plugs
35% metallic tint
Old 06-11-2001, 01:07 AM
Unregistered Member

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts
Wow

------------------
99 M3
dead CL-S

Tom2: The Voice Of Reason and Captain of the Bullshit Police.
Old 06-11-2001, 01:37 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts
tom i've not payed much attention to the m3 vs. cl-S controversey...what do think the result of a '98 m3 5 speed vs.cl-S w/cai and springs should be to 100mph???

------------------
'01 3.2 CL typeS
H&R o.e.'s 1.0/1.0
AEM cold air w/bypass
---PIAA 19224----
satin silver metalic
Llumar platinum plus
tint 20% all around
kill list
ITR.'98gt,GTP,contour SVT
GS-R,87 GT,supra...and more to come
-----------------
'98 ACCORD V-6 sedan
16" coupe wheels
215/55/16 nitto's
20% smoke titanium
black chrome kit
Old 06-11-2001, 01:55 AM
Unregistered Member

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by typeR:
tom i've not payed much attention to the m3 vs. cl-S controversey...what do think the result of a '98 m3 5 speed vs.cl-S w/cai and springs should be to 100mph???

</font>
All else being equal, the M3 should get to 100 mph first. Not by a huge margin though....

However, bring both cars up above 100 mph and it is simply no contest-- The M3 should easily pull away with authority.

But your first post (and JZ's also) just go to show you that ANYTHING can happen in a street race. Hell, the other day I couldn't shake a Volvo C70 off my ass, no matter how hard I tried......

------------------
99 M3
dead CL-S

Tom2: The Voice Of Reason and Captain of the Bullshit Police.