Interior Protection Packages/Keeping light interiors clean

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 06:22 PM
Everyday Joe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interior Protection Packages/Keeping light interiors clean

Hi all,

We're going to be getting a new SUV shortly. I have always been a HUGE black interior fan b/c of the way that it wears. Our Pathfinder is black and shows little wear on the carpets and/or leather seats. We keep our vehicles for a good 4-6 years and this will be the family truckster (almost 3 YO and newborn coming in early '08) so it is going to see many juice/soda spills over its lifetime.

Several of the trucks we are looking at do not come in a black interior with the exterior color that my wife wants (white). Has anybody gotten those interior protection packages that dealerships offer? If we get a beige or gray interior, my super anal self will want all the extra protection that I can get. Several dealers are really selling me on their protection packages. I doubt that there is a "magic bullet" that keeps the lighter colored carpet and seats clean.

TIA
Old 07-16-2007, 06:52 PM
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)

Received 1,652 Likes on 1,117 Posts
Originally Posted by keg1997
Hi all,

We're going to be getting a new SUV shortly. I have always been a HUGE black interior fan b/c of the way that it wears. Our Pathfinder is black and shows little wear on the carpets and/or leather seats. We keep our vehicles for a good 4-6 years and this will be the family truckster (almost 3 YO and newborn coming in early '08) so it is going to see many juice/soda spills over its lifetime.

Several of the trucks we are looking at do not come in a black interior with the exterior color that my wife wants (white). Has anybody gotten those interior protection packages that dealerships offer? If we get a beige or gray interior, my super anal self will want all the extra protection that I can get. Several dealers are really selling me on their protection packages. I doubt that there is a "magic bullet" that keeps the lighter colored carpet and seats clean.

TIA
Don't get them. Get a can of Scotchguard, 404 Aerospace cleaner, and Lexol and you'll be fine.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:05 PM
Fahrvergnügen'd

Received 1,568 Likes on 985 Posts
Originally Posted by gatrhumpy
Don't get them. Get a can of Scotchguard, 404 Aerospace cleaner, and Lexol and you'll be fine.

I agree with Gatr ... Best case is they spray Scotchguard everywhere. Worst is they don't do anything. Either way they charge you $400 for something you can do yourselves.

Plus, many fabric interiors already come with some sort of stainproofing.