AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   Car Talk (https://acurazine.com/forums/car-talk-5/)
-   -   Interesting Acura Instagram Observation (https://acurazine.com/forums/car-talk-5/interesting-acura-instagram-observation-938727/)

tristann616 11-15-2015 09:04 AM

Interesting Acura Instagram Observation

I'm not sure if anyone noticed this, or said it already, but I did a search, nothing came up so I figured I'd point it out.

If anyone follows @Acura on Instagram, they posted three videos with the NSX, TLX, and ILX for the Halloween season. What's interesting is that the TLX video shows brief flashbacks to the 3G TL-S and the ILX video shows brief flashbacks to the Integra.

Just thought it would be interesting. I like that Ikeda is acknowledging the company's successful past, I honestly think Acura may be in good hands now that Ikeda is trying to really go back to "Precision Crafted Performance" .

Just thought this was interesting to check out. If this post belongs anywhere else, feel free to move it

justnspace 11-15-2015 09:15 AM

they can market and sell ideas all day long.

Until they stop resting on their laurels and start to innovate, the company will be trash.

p.s we always have this conversation. you just couldnt find it because you only searched for isntagram.
it's the same subject/topic that's been rehashed over and over again.

When will Honda get better? with Ikeda? who knows, only time can tell.

P.S.S why is honda obsessed with acronyms ?? fucking PCP, really??? :rofl:

justnspace 11-15-2015 09:17 AM

almost as bad as PAWS

tristann616 11-15-2015 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by justnspace (Post 15611869)
almost as bad as PAWS

I can't with paws

AZuser 11-15-2015 06:47 PM

How long before Ikeda up and quits like Accavitti because Honda won't let him do what he wants to do?

iutodd 11-15-2015 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by AZuser (Post 15612084)
How long before Ikeda up and quits like Accavitti because Honda won't let him do what he wants to do?

We have no official idea why Accavitti left and/or was quietly pushed out.

And the Integra nameplate is coming back. I'm all in on an Acura Renaissance. NSX is coming back so is everything else. Legend, 3 door hatch Integra - maybe even the CL. The TLX and ILX MMC aren't what the future looks like for Acura.

Sarlacc 11-15-2015 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by iutodd (Post 15612105)
We have no official idea why Accavitti left and/or was quietly pushed out.

And the Integra nameplate is coming back. I'm all in on an Acura Renaissance. NSX is coming back so is everything else. Legend, 3 door hatch Integra - maybe even the CL. The TLX and ILX MMC aren't what the future looks like for Acura.

What crack are you smoking?

VR1 11-15-2015 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by iutodd (Post 15612105)
And the Integra nameplate is coming back.

Wait what

neuronbob 11-16-2015 05:11 AM

I don't have a problem with them bringing back their old tagline. They have taken baby steps in the right direction. They are not moving fast enough for many of us, yes, but they are moving. Hopefully Honda will pay the same attention to Acura that they do to Honda Automobile, which is currently firing on all cylinders IMHO. If not.....oh well! At least I have a NSX to remind me of the good old days, and I can always move on for my next daily driver. Lots of great choices out there.

oonowindoo 11-19-2015 04:38 PM

bring the successful past back is a good move but it is only as good as the product itself.

Think CRX -> CRZ

There will be tremendous hype if Acura does bring the Integra, Legend or whatever else they want to bring back. But unless the product they deliver can live up the hype, they might as well keep their ILX and TLX for now.

neuronbob 11-19-2015 05:40 PM

Amen to that.

ggesq 11-19-2015 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by Sarlacc (Post 15612126)
What crack are you smoking?

:spit: