Infiniti G35

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2004, 07:19 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
It was RWD and did have the 3.0 from the 300ZX but no sports sedan.

Dude, you need a reality check. People have been modding GSs for 6-7 years now and the IS 4 solid years now. There are TONS of mods for them. I agree the G35 has mods, but nowhere close yet.
We won't even go into forced induction, where the VQ hasn't a chance against the 2JZ. I've read about those blown 350Zs, the engine needs to be almost totally rebuilt to get over 450hp.
I agree, the IS is now outmatched by the newer offerings but it was the 1st to beat the 3 in comparos and be taken SERIOUSLY as a 3 alternate.
Remember the G20????
They are blowing because of improper fuel management. The VORTECH kit makes over 400 hp at the wheels setup properly with a better fuel management system. Your IS300 can't do that without internal upgrades. It is not exactly the same engine thats in the supra, different compression. So it will need a few upgrades before the full potentianl of the engine can be expected.

Nope, we have many over 400 at the wheels, that is like what 480 or so hp to the crank?

G20 was a POS. lol. Just a Sentra. hahahaha.
Old 04-16-2004, 12:02 PM
Racer

This thread does it!!! TOO many peepz think just cause they own a car with certain brand, they act as if they are "unofficial" spokes person for that company.

everyone take a chill pill.....auto industry is a business, and they will try to sell thier products most profitable as they can....

what this means is.......

ALL CARS WILL HAVE PROBLEMS. if not, the service dept will be out of business

ALL CARS HAVE MINUS AND PLUS. sorry TL_6SPD aka Silvermullet, you POS g35 is not perfect as well as TL and all LEXUS for that matter

Just like someone else said here......keep your focus for other cars that you want to own. FOR ME.....its an M3 baby!! about 3 years....hopefully.....now that's a car!!!

forget all this bickering over what car has mods and which is better at this and that.......car is only a car.

flame suit on...... :thefinger
Old 04-16-2004, 01:50 PM
Team Anthracite Chairman

AMEN brotha
Old 04-16-2004, 01:55 PM
Instructor

G-35 drivers

I hate to chime onto this thread, but I could'nt resist. This TL vs. G35 stuff is getting old and will never be solved. I only have one factual observation. Why is it I seem to see mainly older women (and alot of blue haired ones) driving G35's??
Old 04-16-2004, 02:24 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Brock_Landers
Actually you are wrong. Your either lying or you can't read. The 5 star resale value rating for the G35 is based on the sedan. I want to see this deeper investigation crap. Infiniti resale value is horrendous, except for this past year. They are finally starting to come around. I think most can agree as far as these two go we can assume these beliefs.

Category Winner

Exterior look TL
Interior look TL
Handling G35
Braking G35
Straight away TL (barely)
Navigation system TL (by a long way here)
Resale G35 (too new to tell for TL yet)

SO if you want the best handling and braking car then get a G35. If you want the best accelerating, and best looking car, along with the best technology get a TL.

No, more like:

Category Winner

Exterior look G35 (by a long way here)
Interior look TL
Handling G35
Braking G35
Straight away Tie

I swear to god I didn't make this up, but the first time I showed a picture of the new TL to my friends they said, "Is that a Civic?"...DOH...
Old 04-16-2004, 03:15 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by thegre8tone
No, more like:

Category Winner

Exterior look G35 (by a long way here)
Interior look TL
Handling G35
Braking G35
Straight away Tie

I swear to god I didn't make this up, but the first time I showed a picture of the new TL to my friends they said, "Is that a Civic?"...DOH...
The G35 v TL debate IS OLD...and it gets real old when people start comparing subjective looks as hard based facts that one car is better than the other...the so called dude this car looks like a Civic has also been met with, cool, looks like they took some lines from the BMW, or even a past post where someone, god forbid posted comparo pics of the TL with other near luxury, even the Caddy, and lo and behold, they all look the same in some respect.

I could go low and say something derogatory about the G35 styling or interior, but I won't, the G35 is a great car. It didn't win car of the year last year by accident. But since I didn't buy a G35, something MUST of compellled me to buy the TL and shell out $30000+ for a car when the G35 was just as good a pick.
Old 04-16-2004, 03:23 PM
Racer

ACTUALLY ABOVE ALL THINGS, THE REASON I GOT THE TL WAS :

FWD for snow

EXTERIOR LOOK i mean....its subjective, i think its ALOT more agressive than g35.....especially sedan, coupe looks chill~

and of course......4 door sedan that looks awesome and 6mt to power. :toothless

anyone else buy their TL based on the exterior? I mean that is one of the first thing to pass before I check HP, Amenities, options, and cost....I have to like the "look" first.
Old 04-16-2004, 03:34 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Thomwarn
I hate to chime onto this thread, but I could'nt resist. This TL vs. G35 stuff is getting old and will never be solved. I only have one factual observation. Why is it I seem to see mainly older women (and alot of blue haired ones) driving G35's??

Cuz its a old person car!!! The sedan anyway, ugly and a waste of money
Old 04-16-2004, 03:36 PM
Advanced

It has to pass the looks test, HAS TO. In this case, it appeals to so many, the younger crowd, because its aggressive, easy to mod and accessorize, for the business wise because of the style and luxury look.

IMO, the G35 coupe does match up and outperform the TL in many areas...but FOR ME, I WAS NOT LOOKING FOR A COUPE, I was looking for a sedan and when i compared the G35 sedan, the performance didn't make up for the looks that I was more impressed with on the TL.
Old 04-16-2004, 03:38 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by bktabinga
It has to pass the looks test, HAS TO. In this case, it appeals to so many, the younger crowd, because its aggressive, easy to mod and accessorize, for the business wise because of the style and luxury look.

IMO, the G35 coupe does match up and outperform the TL in many areas...but FOR ME, I WAS NOT LOOKING FOR A COUPE, I was looking for a sedan and when i compared the G35 sedan, the performance didn't make up for the looks that I was more impressed with on the TL.
I agree. I am 25 and love the exterior of the TL.

BTW...agree with your other statement.
the car I upgraded from.....1999 Acura Integra GSR.... rest in peace.....
Old 04-16-2004, 03:42 PM
Advanced

OH CRAP...I just realized...I was falling into my own trap...yikes...enough already!!!
Old 04-16-2004, 03:57 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Thomwarn
Maybe that's the people that you hang around with?
Old 04-16-2004, 09:36 PM
Instructor

All we need is a "GTL" Sedan :

1) G35 Engine I had to go with the VQ35 because of lower compression,torque curve and mod availability (Future and Present)
2) (Your Choice) TL 6-speed tranny or G35 Automatic tranny
2) TL Interior with TL NAV
3) TL Exterior overall with g35 front end
4) Your choice AWD or RWD with LSD
5) 35k Price TAG
6) Brembo Brakes
7) Pilot Sports

NOW this would be a car!!! What do you guys think ???
Old 04-16-2004, 11:23 PM
Instructor

oh yeah and 20 inch rims
Old 04-17-2004, 12:57 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by niko14
All we need is a "GTL" Sedan :

1) G35 Engine I had to go with the VQ35 because of lower compression,torque curve and mod availability (Future and Present)
2) (Your Choice) TL 6-speed tranny or G35 Automatic tranny
2) TL Interior with TL NAV
3) TL Exterior overall with g35 front end
4) Your choice AWD or RWD with LSD
5) 35k Price TAG
6) Brembo Brakes
7) Pilot Sports

NOW this would be a car!!! What do you guys think ???
You forgot the 5.1 surround with SACD feature as well so you can play the CD of the fat lady singing her ass off.
Old 04-17-2004, 01:20 AM
Instructor

Lightbulb

Even the dalai lama could cruise in the new 2005 "GTL" :smokin:
Old 04-17-2004, 01:32 AM
My name is RL.

Question Surprised the heck out of me.

The G35 v TL debate IS OLD...and it gets real old when people start comparing subjective looks as hard based facts that one car is better than the other...the so called dude this car looks like a Civic has also been met with, cool, looks like they took some lines from the BMW, or even a past post where someone, god forbid posted comparo pics of the TL with other near luxury, even the Caddy, and lo and behold, they all look the same in some respect.

I could go low and say something derogatory about the G35 styling or interior, but I won't, the G35 is a great car. It didn't win car of the year last year by accident. But since I didn't buy a G35, something MUST of compellled me to buy the TL and shell out $30000+ for a car when the G35 was just as good a pick.
I went to the Intellichoice website to browse the specs on the GS430 and I looked at the 2003 G35 Coupe. The Intellichoice Value Rating on the 'G' is Poor. I'd have to say that is unwarranted. Ofcourse I don't know how they arrived at this rating but that was surprising. Wasn't it the coupe that won car of the year for 2003?

BTW, TL's value rating was Excellent for '03 and 04, all models.

bktabinga: I had a 94 Integra and it was just about the best car I have ever owned. It now has 130K on it and it's still in the family. My mother-in-law drives it a whopping 2 miles a day to and from work. Makes me look forward to the holidays b/c I still have visiting rights with her (the Integra, that is...).
Old 04-17-2004, 11:46 AM
Banned

Rather than shut down the entire discussion, I will edit several offending posts.

This is not a forum for personal and vulgar insults. If you want to act like children, take it elsewhere and leave it off of the forum!