Infiniti G35

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2004, 09:07 AM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jjsC5
Yes, G35's do NOT come standard with bose or power sunroof - but without these options, you can buy one for under $30K. What's wrong with that? It gives the buyers the option to get is cheaper if they don't want that stuff.
Exactly!!! I'll just add that Honda in general pre-packages cars right from the factory, whereas Nissan allows you to get a stripped version and option it as you wish.

I totally agree jjs, this approach gives buyers plenty of alternatives, rather than having to pay for options they really dont want or need.

Good post.
Old 04-14-2004, 11:39 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by VQ35DE
Exactly!!! I'll just add that Honda in general pre-packages cars right from the factory, whereas Nissan allows you to get a stripped version and option it as you wish.

I totally agree jjs, this approach gives buyers plenty of alternatives, rather than having to pay for options they really dont want or need.

Good post.
Not necessarily. Nissan (like many others) plays the package game, where a certain option or package requires other costly, often unwanted options and/or packages. Try to equip a G35 with a $2000 navi without first having to buy the $2250 premium package.
Old 04-14-2004, 11:56 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by UminChu
Not necessarily. Nissan (like many others) plays the package game, where a certain option or package requires other costly, often unwanted options and/or packages. Try to equip a G35 with a $2000 navi without first having to buy the $2250 premium package.
You are correct. You only get the true "luxury" items once you splurge on the premium package. Also, try to get any options (inlcluding 6MT) with the cloth interior.

I'm sure that equipping the TL with all the options from the beginning reduces production costs. So, even though you are paying for the options in your price, you are most likely paying less for these options than you would if you had to "pick" the options from a list.
Old 04-14-2004, 06:40 PM
My name is RL.

Smile DING!! DING!! Round 2

I hardly know where to start!
Oh, heck. Just pick a place and start.

No G35 has auto tilt/telescopic steering wheel.
OOPS! The Maxima has tilt/telescoping steering wheel. The Infiniti has entry/exit assist. But I think both features are very nice. That was the only reason for mentioning it.

Yes, G35's do NOT come standard with bose or power sunroof - but without these options, you can buy one for under $30K. What's wrong with that? It gives the buyers the option to get is cheaper if they don't want that stuff.
Probably right. But what good is an entry-level luxury car without these options?

A G35 sedan (no Brembos available) out stops a TL WITH Brembos.
Out stops? You missed my point. It costs you $0 for Brembos, larger front discs and limited slip differential if you decide to go with a 6MT. There is nothing added to the MSRP of the car for these components. The MT article also noted the brakes on the G35 grabbed with too much bite. It was a negative but one they said you could easily adjust to. So, Acura gives you upgraded, sure footed brakes at the expense of some distance, Infiniti chose to make their brake system grab the disc like a vise. Which one do you think is going to need some work first?

The CTS has variable valve timing - which you apparently think they are incapable of getting right. But if they offered it only without it, you'd probably be the first to bitch about them only offering low tech - am I right?
This is a broad assumption. Any company that "dabbles" in a technology is not going to get my money. Implement it in your entire line or at least where it is feasable and I will have more confidence in it. I'm not looking for a reason to "bitch". I'm just trying to be sensible with the 40K I'm plonking down for a car.
Old 04-14-2004, 06:45 PM
My name is RL.

Ditto. That's exactly what BMW and Merc do. Honda did it once upon a time but they have backed off. It just doesn't make any sense to me.
Old 04-14-2004, 06:57 PM
Banned

I have driven cars with big brake upgrades, and they all grab like a vice like the G35 brakes do stock. I can stop on a dime man! I love my brakes.
Old 04-14-2004, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by vandy786
This is true. The G35 coupe holds value; the rest of the resale blows on the Inifiniti line. The G35 sedan sucks big time in resale value. Even my friend who had a G35 sedan got rocked when he traded it in. The sad part is, the dealer gave him more for the car than a private sale. I guess that's what you get when your company sells out on you and provides your luxury car as a rental through Hertz and Enterprize.

Oh and by the way, 1sicklex is not an Acuraboy or something. He makes plenty of jokes about Acuras. I do like the fact that he's quite frank about things sometimes, even when it comes to Lexus.

Thanks dude. Infiniti has the worst resale period. Why? Well vandy makes a good point about rentals. Also, check your local paper. They sell Infiniti's like they are Nissans, 299 a month this, 10k off that, 0 down this. It's embaressing for a luxury line. I would NEVER buy a new Infiniti. They do make GREAT 2nd hand cars. a 2002 Q45 can be bought for 35k, 20k from list in 2 years for example.
Look at KBB, NADA etc but NO ONE pays those prices. Take a look on used car lots and personal car sale ads in the paper. That gives u a true look at what the car is worth.
Old 04-14-2004, 10:12 PM
My name is RL.

BITE, BITE Baby.

Originally Posted by TL_6SPD
I have driven cars with big brake upgrades, and they all grab like a vice like the G35 brakes do stock. I can stop on a dime man! I love my brakes.
Well, I'm not sure what constitutes a "big brake upgrade" but the Brembo's and larger discs on the manual TL are more of a complement. Motor Trend felt it necessary to mention that the G35's brakes "took some getting used to" because of the agressive bite. That, along with the fact that I drove the G35 before making my decision was enough for me to know that I did not want to play footsie with my brakes because, well, I might need them in an emergency one day. There's enough to worry about during the daily commute. This would have been one more thing to me personally. Your mileage will vary.
Old 04-15-2004, 07:25 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Thanks dude. Infiniti has the worst resale period. Why? Well vandy makes a good point about rentals. Also, check your local paper. They sell Infiniti's like they are Nissans, 299 a month this, 10k off that, 0 down this. It's embaressing for a luxury line. I would NEVER buy a new Infiniti. They do make GREAT 2nd hand cars. a 2002 Q45 can be bought for 35k, 20k from list in 2 years for example.
Look at KBB, NADA etc but NO ONE pays those prices. Take a look on used car lots and personal car sale ads in the paper. That gives u a true look at what the car is worth.
You have no proof Infiniti has the worst resale. The G35 has higher than Lexus does. So I wouldn't be talking if I were you.
Old 04-15-2004, 07:26 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by GO_TL
Well, I'm not sure what constitutes a "big brake upgrade" but the Brembo's and larger discs on the manual TL are more of a complement. Motor Trend felt it necessary to mention that the G35's brakes "took some getting used to" because of the agressive bite. That, along with the fact that I drove the G35 before making my decision was enough for me to know that I did not want to play footsie with my brakes because, well, I might need them in an emergency one day. There's enough to worry about during the daily commute. This would have been one more thing to me personally. Your mileage will vary.
My brakes aren't touchy at all. The only time they get touchy is if I do some hard braking a few times, and the heat makes them more toucy for a while after that. But that is a good thing especially if you need to panic stop. That is why racers like toucy brakes. You ever put race pads on a car? They do the same thing.
Old 04-15-2004, 07:57 AM
Racer

Don't see any use in arguing about which car is the best. As I stated in my original post that started this thread, the G35 is a great car. We all have different tastes, opinions and needs in a vehicle. If we all liked the same things what a boring world it would be.

I drive an 04 Trailblazer EXT most of the time, not because I really like it, but I can get all of my surveying equipment in it and all 5 of my grandkids. Can't do that in either the TL or G35.
Old 04-15-2004, 09:04 AM
Pro

I would NEVER buy a new Infiniti.
Newsflash: buying ANY car new is silly, given the initial year's depreciation. After purchasing 3 straight current model year cars (99 Accord, 2000 Quest, 2002 Maxima), I have no plans on buying new again.

The point on the optioning is that I can get into a stripper G35 (which a few people...actually...do...buy, although one may think its "wrong" or "doesnt make sense"). Most folks, get different packages. (i.e.: I got my base 2002 Maxima SE w/sunroof; something not possible on the 2002 Accord LX V6.) Granted, the G35 is an entry level luxury car that I wouldnt purchase stripped but, it does provide the buyer with a more affordable version, while possibly increasing G35 sales slightly. If I want a stripper TL, I'd have to get an Accord LX V6. NOTE: Navi is still considered a highend option; therefore, folks getting it ARE more inclined to get a loaded car in general.

On a sidenote, how do you guys like Road & Track's comments about the TL (5/04 issue): "The TL's Accord roots are showing at the outer edges of the performance envelope" and "In many ways the TL is the ultimate Honda Accord". Though the latter comment can be seen as neither good nor bad, the former comment is def a punch in the nuts.

Peace
Old 04-15-2004, 09:12 AM
Intermediate

No offense but then you my friend are an idiot. If you can't get used to a set of brakes within 20 minutes of driving then you shouldn't be behind a wheel. Did you ever think that if you are coming from another car with terrible brakes then you would have to get used to the TL's brakes. If you can get used to the TL's brakes taht stop lets say 30% shorter than a previous car u drove then you could surely get used to G35's brakes which lets say are 20% shorter than the TL. Your argument is so flawed that it is not even funny.

Now one thing that does suck about the G35 is the fact that brakes need to be replaced every 18,000 miles. This is not good and can get rather expensive.
Old 04-15-2004, 09:45 AM
Racer

Preach brother. FWD cars were made ONLY and ONLY for fuel economy and it's cheaper to make. The transition began in the 1970s with the oil embargo. Hell the Mustang almost went FWD to save gas. The snow argument is stupid. As when I see tons FWD car in an accident in the dry I can't help but laugh at the "safer in snow" argument.

Actually its a fact that front wheel drive cars are safer in the snow. I have friends with G35's that are scared to drive there cars in the snow cuz it slips around so much. Of course a FWD car is better in the snow...thats just common sense!!
Old 04-15-2004, 10:29 AM
My name is RL.

Idiot friends and the idiotic friendly people who know them.

Originally Posted by Brock_Landers
No offense but then you my friend are an idiot. If you can't get used to a set of brakes within 20 minutes of driving then you shouldn't be behind a wheel. Did you ever think that if you are coming from another car with terrible brakes then you would have to get used to the TL's brakes. If you can get used to the TL's brakes taht stop lets say 30% shorter than a previous car u drove then you could surely get used to G35's brakes which lets say are 20% shorter than the TL. Your argument is so flawed that it is not even funny.

Now one thing that does suck about the G35 is the fact that brakes need to be replaced every 18,000 miles. This is not good and can get rather expensive.
I'm not an idiot. That kind of talk is not going to help you make any friends around here. I'm not your friend either.

The car I owned before the TL was an '03 RSX Type-S. Brakes were fine. No bite and more than adequate as far as stopping distance. At 37K miles I asked the dealership to look at them when I took it in for the 40K scheduled maintenance. They said there was nothing wrong with them and they did not need to be replaced.

The decision to not buy a certain make/model of a car, for whatever reason, is mine and mine alone. The brakes were not the only thing I found that was not to my liking. It was one thing in a pretty lengthy list of things that I did not like about the car. There was plenty to like about it as well. You admittedly say the brakes might need to be replaced as early as 18K miles. Right? Well, I am glad that I did my due diligence because this is one of the potential headaches I avoided. That doesn't sound like part of a flawed argument to me.
Old 04-15-2004, 10:53 AM
Intermediate

I'm not an idiot. That kind of talk is not going to help you make any friends around here. I'm not your friend either.

The car I owned before the TL was an '03 RSX Type-S. Brakes were fine. No bite and more than adequate as far as stopping distance. At 37K miles I asked the dealership to look at them when I took it in for the 40K scheduled maintenance. They said there was nothing wrong with them and they did not need to be replaced.

The decision to not buy a certain make/model of a car, for whatever reason, is mine and mine alone. The brakes were not the only thing I found that was not to my liking. It was one thing in a pretty lengthy list of things that I did not like about the car. There was plenty to like about it as well. You admittedly say the brakes might need to be replaced as early as 18K miles. Right? Well, I am glad that I did my due diligence because this is one of the potential headaches I avoided. That doesn't sound like part of a flawed argument to me.
The brakes will indeed need to be replaced every 18,000 miles, not might but will. This definitely is an expense that does kind of suck but if you need to stop 20% shorter than you would have with the TL you would have wished you had the G35 in that case and maybe that case alone. Brakes that work better are never a bad thing. Period. It is like saying my tires stick to the road too well. Should someone buy a G35 over a TL becasue of this? NO WAY! But this is not a flaw in the G35 but actually is better because it will prevent more rear ending accidents by the G35 driver. There are so many things I feel in the TL are better than the G35 but sorry brakes are not one of them. Better brakes are better. Period. And any yahoo who can't get used to a pair of brakes within 20 minutes should not be behind a steering wheel.
Old 04-15-2004, 12:02 PM
Instructor

Just FYI for you all.. Infiniti is covering all G35 brakes (including rotors) for 3/36 no customer cost that's customer service NOW on my old CL i had to BiT%h and moan for acura to cover the cost of the warped rotors @ 20k miles.. and tons of folks had brake issues onthe 2nd gen tl/cl...
Old 04-15-2004, 12:05 PM
Banned

Not when its free for 36k, 4 years.
Old 04-15-2004, 12:08 PM
Banned

One more thing to add. He was right about what he said. I remember driving a RSX when I had my CL-S. It had terrible brakes. lol. Anyways, there are alot of people that have 30k on the original pads with alot of life still. Depends on the way you drive the G35.
Old 04-15-2004, 12:09 PM
Instructor

silverbullet your right its 36k/4 years ...
Old 04-15-2004, 12:29 PM
6th Gear

For all of you comparing RWD vs FWD cars, here is a personal anecdote you might find interesting.

A few months (or weeks?) ago I was driving in the i-78 express lanes. A lot of snow was on the roads here in NJ and a g35 sedan was right behind me. we both had to suddenly get onto a ramp to get to the local lanes to avoid suddenly slowing traffic in front of us. neither of us realized that the ramp was basically compacted snow (snow banks hid the ramp). anyways, i dont think i am a better driver than most and i certainly did nothing to help control the car but i could feel the TL's VSA, traction control and FWD characteristics work and the car basically retained control and I went through without problems. The G35, on the other hand, almost had an accident and fishtailed wildly behind me, at one point being at 30-40% in the wrong direction. I was almost sure i would have to dial 911 for the poor guy. he got control of the car mid ramp (luckily nobody behind us) after a few seconds. i was slowing down but thankfully i did not need to help.

This is what I have to say - yes RWD cars handle better but you would have to threaten me with a gun to my head before i drive a RWD drive car when there is snow on the ground. and we get a lot of that in the winters here in the northeast. I want only FWD or AWD. I would have only considered the g35x when i was shopping for the TL but it was more expensive, not as attractive and minus a number of the features of the TL.

I did not buy the TL because it is a fast car, I do drive it fast but normally in a straight line so who cares about the handling characteristics. I have a fast RWD convertible minimalist sports car (garaged during the winter) for having real fun. Irrespective of the fact that the g35 is a RWD drive car it has no chance against a real sports car like the 350z, s2000, boxsterS, etc, let alone better cars. Both the TL and g35 are just sporty sedans - practical, 4 door, heavy and big. Fighting over which big sedan is better handling is silly. They were designed to serve a different purpose.

The TL is better in the snow vs the g35 (no x) under the same conditions with the same driver behind the wheels and I saw it happen. I drive RWD in the summer and FWD/AWD in the winter. Nuf said.
Old 04-15-2004, 12:39 PM
Andrenaline Junkie

Originally Posted by TL_6SPD
As usual, wrong again.

WOW you just got OWNED. FACTS.

G35 Sedan fully loaded:

Interior
Front Head Room: 40.1 in. Front Hip Room: 52.2 in.
Front Shoulder Room: 56.4 in. Rear Head Room: 37.9 in.
Rear Shoulder Room: 55.5 in. Rear Hip Room: 54.1 in.
Front Leg Room: 43.6 in. Rear Leg Room: 33.6 in.
Luggage Capacity: 14.8 cu. ft. Maximum Seating: 5

TL Sedan Fully Loaded:

Interior
Front Head Room: 38.7 in. Front Hip Room: 55.6 in.
Front Shoulder Room: 58.3 in. Rear Head Room: 37.2 in.
Rear Shoulder Room: 55.7 in. Rear Hip Room: 53.8 in.
Front Leg Room: 42.8 in. Rear Leg Room: 34.9 in.
Luggage Capacity: 12.3 cu. ft. Maximum Cargo Capacity: 12 cu. ft.
Maximum Seating: 5
Why don't you go back to grade school so you can read. The specs you are quoting for the Infiniti are WITHOUT THE SUNROOF, mullethead!

From Infiniti's website:
Interior volume: 98.0 cubic feet without sunroof, 95.5 cubic feet with sunroof.

No TL_6sp use your deductive reasoning here. Where did the 2.5 cu. ft. go??? Did they raise the roof??? No, you idiot, they lowered the headliner!
Old 04-15-2004, 12:41 PM
Andrenaline Junkie

Originally Posted by bktabinga
Sorry fellas, one last word in please...I just want to post my correct info as well.

Sales figures
March 04 YTD
TL 7310 18620

G35 Sedan 4247 11068

G35 Coupe 2781 7019
Total G35 7028 18087

When you eliminate the FWD vs RWD debate...
when you eliminate the cost comparison (the difference is small between two)
when you eliminate HP and 1/4 mile times (miniscule IMO, cite C&D tests)
all you have left is appearance and preferences...and by the sales figures, the public has obviously made its choice. And this is just for 2004, I can show 2003 numbers as well. (% increase in sales is also higher for Acura TL than G35 meaning the TL train is still steaming hard and still gaining strength)

We can analyze these further but these are the sales figures.

I THINK THE G35 is a magnificent car, but I just prefer the TL.
So do alot of other people. I think putting the Coupe into these figures is way unfair though but it looks like the TL still beats the G35 even with the coupe skewing the results.
Old 04-15-2004, 12:45 PM
Andrenaline Junkie

You don't have to come by and correct anything. You participate in this forum by choice. Posting almost exclusively to G35 related threads in a TL forum is also by choice. I disagree that you're here solely in defense of the G35 though, because you've gone on the offensive with no provocation whatsoever, which pretty much adds up to trolling. You even go so far as to troll under one name, then jump on your own bandwagon and stir it up some more under another. No one makes you do that either.

It's sad that having such an excellent car doesn't seem to satisfy you; you appear to have some irrational need to rub TL owners' noses in it and call them names. Whenever someone calls you on it, you then turn around and cry victim, typically responding with "You're just here to make trouble, buddy", or something similar. What motivates you to post with such hostility in a TL forum? Dude, they're just cars.
Amen, brother! and that goes for SilverBullet too.
Old 04-15-2004, 12:46 PM
The Oracle of Acurazine!

Received 44 Likes on 12 Posts
If you add all those numbers.. this is what it comes out too :lol1:

G35: 388.2
TL: 389.3

now take that suckazzzzzzzz :thefinger

G35 Sedan fully loaded:

Interior
Front Head Room: 40.1 in. Front Hip Room: 52.2 in.
Front Shoulder Room: 56.4 in. Rear Head Room: 37.9 in.
Rear Shoulder Room: 55.5 in. Rear Hip Room: 54.1 in.
Front Leg Room: 43.6 in. Rear Leg Room: 33.6 in.
Luggage Capacity: 14.8

TL Sedan Fully Loaded:

Interior
Front Head Room: 38.7 in. Front Hip Room: 55.6 in.
Front Shoulder Room: 58.3 in. Rear Head Room: 37.2 in.
Rear Shoulder Room: 55.7 in. Rear Hip Room: 53.8 in.
Front Leg Room: 42.8 in. Rear Leg Room: 34.9 in.
Luggage Capacity: 12.3
Old 04-15-2004, 12:46 PM
Andrenaline Junkie

Originally Posted by SilverBulletCLS
The whole G35 line has the best resale value. It is not on just the Coupe.
You are not fooling anyone TL_6sp.
Old 04-15-2004, 12:52 PM
Andrenaline Junkie

Good, they don't like the flames that get caused by people like you. I been there for 6 years, never had a flamewar happen!

Oh yea, speaking of topics. If anyone wants to bring the new TL 6spd to the track here in San Antonio, Texas, I will run you to see who is faster so we can puit this crap to a end once and for all.
It always goes back to a race with you TL_6sp. You are so hung up on one aspect of the two cars its pathetic. So you can beat the TL, you still have a small pe......
Old 04-15-2004, 12:58 PM
Andrenaline Junkie

Originally Posted by jrock65
I'm kinda confused. I went to infiniti.com and priced out a G35 6MT w/ Premium and Navi, and it came out to $35,640. This car had dual climate control, and most of the stuff in the TL except Bluetooth and DVD-audio.

Well, 200 watt or not, the Bose in the G (or anywhere else for that matter), just isn't good for the money.

http://www.intellexual.net/bose.html

The speaker boards treat Bose as the biggest joke. Crappy speakers for the price. They know how to market themselves though. More advertising than all the other speaker companies combined.
I agree wholeheartedly about BOSE. What a joke!!! But it looks like Acura is buying into the hype. Didn't I see that the new RL will come with a BOSE system??
Old 04-15-2004, 12:59 PM
Andrenaline Junkie

And what dealers sell it for would be 33k. I could have added NAV to mine and that would make it maxed out. I already have a fully loaded one minus Nav for 31,2k.

Also the interior on the G35 is not cheap. It is well built. Some materials are less liked, but it isn't cheap. At least our interiors aren't falling apart like the Acura now.
Dude, you keep forgetting to tell everyone you bought the demo.
Old 04-15-2004, 01:01 PM
Andrenaline Junkie

Originally Posted by VQ35DE

Good post.
It also contributes to crappy resale values for the people that add options.
Old 04-15-2004, 01:07 PM
Instructor

One great thing about the G35 is that it has a sh@t load of MODS available, wish the 04 TL did
Old 04-15-2004, 01:24 PM
Instructor

Here's a partial list of g35 mods:

Headers-

Birkmire Racing Machines
Central20
Fujitsubo
XERD
Crawford Z Car Service
Stillen
Esprit
Top Secret
NISMO (B&B)
HKS
Tommy Kaira
Mines
Pros Engineering
Veilside
EVO-R
Borla
ARC

High Flow Catalytic Convertor-

Ultimate Racing
LaBree Motorsports
Central20
Mines
Power Enterprise
Crawford Z Car Service
NISMO
Random Technology
Kinetix Racing

Straight Pipe-

LaBree Motorsports
XERD
Crawford Z Car Service
Mines
Esprit
Pros Engineering
Amuse
Kinetix Racing
ARC
Helix

Y-pipe-

JIC
Ultimate Racing
Amuse
Impul
Pros Engineering
NISMO (Fujitsubo)
Fujitsubo
Top Secret

Cat-Back Exhaust-

Ultimate Racing
NFC Motorsports
GHL Motorsports
K-One
RSW - single
EVO-R - single
Trial - single
INJEN - dual
Invidia
HiTech Mufflers
ARC
Dandy
Obayashi Factory (Styleking)
Original Runduce
Magnaflow - single
Basstar Sports
Fujitsubo - single
Flowmaster
Ganador
NISMO (Fujitsubo) - single
Mines
Amuse - single
Pros Engineering
Central20 - single
HKS - dual
Top Secret - single
Zees
APEX'i - single
Signal Auto
Borla - single, dual
RS*R - single, dual
BL/TZ
Power Enterprise
B&B - single
5Zigen - single, dual
JIC - single
Tommy Kaira
Tanabe - single
Greddy - dual
Impul
Stillen - dual
Veilside - single

Intake--

Central20
NISMO (AEM)
ARC
Gruppe-M
JIC
Prim@ru
INJEN
Jim Wolf Technology
AEM
Stillen
BL/TZ
Vertex
Pros Engineering
Mines
K&N
Power Enterprise

Intake Manifold -

Top Secret - not in production
Esprit
Crawford Z Car Service
Kinetix Racing

Throttle Body-
NISMO - individual
350EVO - bored
HKS - individual
Tommy Kaira - individual
Pro Flow Design

Coilovers
D2
KW Suspension
Buddy Club
Esprit
Zeal
TEIN
Central20
Aragosta
Erfolgkei
HKS
Bilstein
Cusco
Tanabe
Veilside
Ohlins
Pros Engineering
BL/TZ
JIC-Magic
Mines
Quantum

Springs
Hotchkis Tuning
RSW
Espelir
Hyperco
Sprint
Tanabe
Eibach
H&R
KG/mm
Ground-Control
B&G
NISMO
Bilstein
King
Vogtland
Pros Engineering
TEIN

Shocks/Struts
Moton
Penske
KYB
Koni
Tokico
NISMO

Strut Tower Bar
JIC
Crawford Z Car Service
Greddy

Sway Bars
350EVO
Cusco
Eibach
NISMO
Mines
Esprit
Stillen
Bilstein
Hotchkis Tuning

Front Upper Link
Performance Nissan
350EVO
JIC
Kinetix
Esprit

Rear Traction Rod
JIC
Kinetix

Rear Camber Links
350EVO
Stillen
JIC-Magic
Kinetix

Rear Toe Control Arm
JIC-Magic

Bushings
350EVO

Turbocharger kit

SSR Engineering
Ultimate Racing
Power Enterprise
Pros Engineering
Top Secret
Greddy
Prim@ru
Jim Wolf Technology

Supercharger kit

HKS
Veilside
Dream Works Racing
Vortech
Stillen
Procharger

Big Brake Kit
Tommy Kaira
Central20
Rotora
Esprit (Brembo)
STOPTECH
Stillen (AP Racing)
Mines (AP Racing)
Brembo
Pros Engineering
Endless
Project Mu
Grex (Alcon)
RMS Horsepower (Wilwood)

Rotors
KVR Performance
Stillen
Rotora
Disc Brakes Australia
Pros Engineering
Brembo
Arospeed

Brake Lines
Endless
Crown Performance Products
Russell
Stillen
NISMO
STOPTECH
Pros Engineering
Goodridge
Techna fit
SGP Racing
Earl's Performance Products

Brake Pads
Cobalt Friction
Pagid
Satisfied
RSW
Project Mu
Endless
Metal Matrix
Impul
Carbotech Engineering
Hawk Performance
Performance Friction
Axxis
Ferodo
Porterfield
NISMO (Hawk Performance)
EBC Brakes

Brake Ducts
5Zigen
Old 04-15-2004, 01:26 PM
Instructor

Acura always gets OWNED in this department, thank goodness for Comptech!!!
Old 04-15-2004, 01:52 PM
Team Anthracite Webmaster

Originally Posted by niko14
Here's a partial list of g35 mods:

Headers-

Birkmire Racing Machines
Central20
Fujitsubo
XERD
Crawford Z Car Service
Stillen
Esprit
Top Secret
NISMO (B&B)
HKS
Tommy Kaira
Mines
Pros Engineering
Veilside
EVO-R
Borla
ARC

etc etc
THANKS!!!! i need this info so much

with a tinge of humor, please don't be mad.
Old 04-15-2004, 03:43 PM
My name is RL.

But this is not a flaw in the G35 but actually is better because it will prevent more rear ending accidents by the G35 driver.
And cause more rear-end accidents into the back of the G35. You didn't eliminate a problem, you just traded one for another. I never said this was a flaw...you did. It is just the way the car was designed. There is little I can do about it.
Old 04-15-2004, 03:56 PM
My name is RL.

One more thing to add. He was right about what he said. I remember driving a RSX when I had my CL-S. It had terrible brakes. lol. Anyways, there are alot of people that have 30k on the original pads with alot of life still. Depends on the way you drive the G35.
Brakes were fine on my RSX-S. Very adequate. I have however talked to a few people with 2nd generation TLs that had to jump through hoops to get Acura to pick up the bill on premature brake wear and warped discs. One was at 22K, the other almost 30K. Acura did not have to "officially" start covering them with 3yr/36K like Infiniti. Must be completeley related to a person's driving style.
Old 04-15-2004, 03:56 PM
Banned

No sir, that is with a sunroof idiot. I am 6 ft, my friend that bought a TL is 6'3,. he said my car even has more roof! So don't even try to go there, its obvious with the cars next to each other as well. You need to show me specs like this. This is WITH a sunroof.

Originally Posted by Swat Dude
Why don't you go back to grade school so you can read. The specs you are quoting for the Infiniti are WITHOUT THE SUNROOF, mullethead!

From Infiniti's website:
Interior volume: 98.0 cubic feet without sunroof, 95.5 cubic feet with sunroof.

No TL_6sp use your deductive reasoning here. Where did the 2.5 cu. ft. go??? Did they raise the roof??? No, you idiot, they lowered the headliner!
Old 04-15-2004, 03:57 PM
Banned

You are not fooling anyone TL_6sp.
I have no clue what you are talking about idiot.
Old 04-15-2004, 03:58 PM
Banned

Dude, you keep forgetting to tell everyone you bought the demo.
A Demo with hardly any miles. Sure. Whatever man dream on. You are just hear to cause problems. Go run away into your corner. You act like a child.
Old 04-15-2004, 03:58 PM
The Oracle of Acurazine!

Received 44 Likes on 12 Posts
How long G35 been on market? and remind me again when 04TL came.... :thefinger
Originally Posted by niko14
Acura always gets OWNED in this department, thank goodness for Comptech!!!

Quick Reply: Infiniti G35