I'm thinking of buying a GSR

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 04:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sly Raskal
Dude, what's up with the kids in the avatar? Is there a story behind that?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgoOihBb78w

i just realized thats what they used to make this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXBSh8NhBss

Last edited by ghttf; 10-28-2010 at 04:24 AM.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:48 AM
Your Friendly Canadian

Received 1,485 Likes on 1,049 Posts
Old 10-28-2010, 11:10 PM
Your mom is in

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
What do you guys think as options for a spoiler for the trunk lid? Should I stick with the stock wing or go with the type r style wing?
Old 10-28-2010, 11:18 PM
Your Friendly Canadian

I'd stick with the stock wing. Type-R wing might look out of place
Old 10-28-2010, 11:36 PM
Team Owner

Received 582 Likes on 346 Posts
Originally Posted by thevikas87
What do you guys think as options for a spoiler for the trunk lid? Should I stick with the stock wing or go with the type r style wing?
stock or none.
Old 10-29-2010, 06:11 AM
registered pw

Received 354 Likes on 252 Posts
luckily our 97 bone stock ls plain jane and no one wants it, even though we keep it outside at night.
Old 10-29-2010, 07:56 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by dallison
luckily our 97 bone stock ls plain jane and no one wants it, even though we keep it outside at night.
You'd be surprised. Just for fun, I searched "stolen" under the Integra and Type R subforums of H-T. The search maxes out at 250 hits which only takes you back until spring of '08. There are several completely stock 4th and 5th gen base model Integra's that have been taken. These are just members of the site. Makes you wonder how many non enthusiasts lose their car and no one hears about it.

Some of the nicer ones including the ITR had kill switches, removed ECU, an alaram and Lo-Jack. They still fall victim. If the thieves can't get it started, they'll have them towed out of whatever driveway or parking lot they happen to be in. If Lo-Jack can't immdediatly be bypassed, it appears that they'll move the car to a different location for a few days. If police can't find it, they know they're safe to pick up the car.

The west coast and north east are the hot spots. If you don't live in those regions, you have a better chance of keeping your car.
Old 10-29-2010, 09:33 AM
Your mom is in

Originally Posted by Blazin Si
You'd be surprised. Just for fun, I searched "stolen" under the Integra and Type R subforums of H-T. The search maxes out at 250 hits which only takes you back until spring of '08. There are several completely stock 4th and 5th gen base model Integra's that have been taken. These are just members of the site. Makes you wonder how many non enthusiasts lose their car and no one hears about it.

Some of the nicer ones including the ITR had kill switches, removed ECU, an alaram and Lo-Jack. They still fall victim. If the thieves can't get it started, they'll have them towed out of whatever driveway or parking lot they happen to be in. If Lo-Jack can't immdediatly be bypassed, it appears that they'll move the car to a different location for a few days. If police can't find it, they know they're safe to pick up the car.

The west coast and north east are the hot spots. If you don't live in those regions, you have a better chance of keeping your car.

When I was going through the owner's manual, I found a lojack card, it has the car's VIN on it. I guess lojack is already in/on the car and I guess I can activate it? I'm going to call to see if I can still use the system or not.

Oh and btw, there's a ring of thieves out of Gastonia, NC that steals Integras/Civics around the southeast.
Old 10-29-2010, 09:36 AM
Your mom is in

Here are some spoilers I am looking at :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/94-01...Q5fAccessories

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ACURA...Q5fAccessories

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/94-95...Q5fAccessories
Old 10-29-2010, 10:08 AM
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
I owned a 93 LS until 2007, never had any problems. Gave it to my nephew with 180,000 and a new coat of paint. He crashed it in less than two years and now the car is history. After that I owned an 01 LS until last august (116,000 when I got rid of it and no problems either). They do call the attention of the cops up here in the north east, but I was only pulled over once and got out of the ticket as it was a lady state trooper LOL!! I drive an 07 TL now but I miss my 93 LS especially.
Old 10-29-2010, 04:57 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts
When I was going through the owner's manual, I found a lojack card, it has the car's VIN on it. I guess lojack is already in/on the car and I guess I can activate it? I'm going to call to see if I can still use the system or not.

Oh and btw, there's a ring of thieves out of Gastonia, NC that steals Integras/Civics around the southeast.
Yeah, I heard something about the gang when I first moved here. There's been a ton of Honda theft in the area. I worked with a kid who had a dark green GSR like yours. Only mod was exhaust. It was taken from the UNCC parking lot while he was in class. Integra's seem to be targeted more since their drivetrain, suspension, brakes and interior can be swapped into 4th and 5th gen Civic's.

Get that Lo-Jack working if you can and try to find out which model it is. I believe a newer version was released in the past couple years. It has a stronger transmitter or better receiver or something along those lines.

Another option is to buy one of those pay-as-you-go cell phones with family locator. Wire the charger to constant power and hide the phone somewhere in the car.

I'm sure you'll be fine. It just sucks seeing all these Honda's getting stolen and stripped by some lowlifes.
Old 10-29-2010, 05:14 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Yup its a 4 door, I'm actually already getting shit for it not being a coupe from my friends, hah.
Believe it or not the 4 door tegs are fast becoming more sought after than the coupes.
Old 10-29-2010, 05:31 PM
Team Owner

Received 582 Likes on 346 Posts
Originally Posted by mcflyguy24
Believe it or not the 4 door tegs are fast becoming more sought after than the coupes.
gs-r sedans are highly sought after.
Old 10-29-2010, 09:24 PM
Your Friendly Canadian

If you really want to make it theft proof, keep those springs on. You may scrape everywhere, but scraping > walking. I can't imagine any thief spending time on a car like yours with all these anti-theft mods.

If a casual thief walks up, he'd be immediately turned off by any Lojack sticker you have. If he thinks you're BSing, he'll break in. Alarms sound. If he doesn't run away after noticing you've got no steering wheel and the car won't start, he'll call in the tow truck he keeps around. Now that'll give him a problem as getting under low cars with a large overhang I imagine is a complete bitch.

Even with the amount of theft and stripping that happens with these cars, they're not exactly rare. Theives usually want something they can get out quickly, and your teg won't be one that'll be an easy take. These cars are still common enough that you're almost guaranteed to find a similar one in the same parking lot/street/whatever.
Old 10-30-2010, 08:16 AM
Your mom is in

Originally Posted by mcflyguy24
I find this so odd. When I was considering buying it, that was actually one of the cons of the car. After buying it, so many people are starting to tell me how much they want the 4 dr over the 2 dr.
Old 10-30-2010, 08:20 AM
Your mom is in

Originally Posted by Aman
If you really want to make it theft proof, keep those springs on. You may scrape everywhere, but scraping > walking. I can't imagine any thief spending time on a car like yours with all these anti-theft mods.

If a casual thief walks up, he'd be immediately turned off by any Lojack sticker you have. If he thinks you're BSing, he'll break in. Alarms sound. If he doesn't run away after noticing you've got no steering wheel and the car won't start, he'll call in the tow truck he keeps around. Now that'll give him a problem as getting under low cars with a large overhang I imagine is a complete bitch.

Even with the amount of theft and stripping that happens with these cars, they're not exactly rare. Theives usually want something they can get out quickly, and your teg won't be one that'll be an easy take. These cars are still common enough that you're almost guaranteed to find a similar one in the same parking lot/street/whatever.
Hah, there's no way I could have left those damn springs on there, they not only made the car anti theft they also made it anti-me. When I bought it, there were huge planks of wood in the trunk...in case the car needed to get towed...

That Lojack sticker is definitely an idea.
Old 10-30-2010, 11:52 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
I find this so odd. When I was considering buying it, that was actually one of the cons of the car. After buying it, so many people are starting to tell me how much they want the 4 dr over the 2 dr.
They look better IMO once modded. I think the 4 door civic si looks better than the coupe as well. Kinda odd since most other cars that have both 4 door and 2 door versions I don't feel this way about.