AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   Car Talk (https://acurazine.com/forums/car-talk-5/)
-   -   If you see my dealer plate, it can only mean one thing.. (https://acurazine.com/forums/car-talk-5/if-you-see-my-dealer-plate-can-only-mean-one-thing-821677/)

Shoofin 06-05-2011 01:47 PM

If you see my dealer plate, it can only mean one thing..

https://farm4.static.flickr.com/3083...fbb77402_b.jpg

:tongue:

Hapa DC5 06-05-2011 01:49 PM

Congrats!!!!!! Use it in good health!

justnspace 06-05-2011 01:49 PM

finally got it!!!

v6cord2k5 06-05-2011 01:55 PM

ZOMG!! :ecstatic: win win win!

Congrats on the purchase Eddie, enjoy it... I know you've wanted this for a while now. :thumbsup:

WILLDOGS 06-05-2011 02:01 PM

Nice!

Are you actually going to Register it? Or drive it around with the dealer plates for a while then sell it?

Awesome color!

teranfon 06-05-2011 02:05 PM

Congrats! I still like the Wheel Siver for the powder coat.:biggrin:

Terry

PortlandRL 06-05-2011 02:16 PM

:clap:

loulinjai 06-05-2011 02:16 PM

Congrats, glad you found a Lotus after the other one didn't work out for you. Supercharger on the way?

hANDYcaptd 06-05-2011 02:18 PM

Congrats!!

crazyasiantl 06-05-2011 02:19 PM

:woot:

S A CHO 06-05-2011 02:29 PM

Sweeeeeet :thumbsup:

d-townhakuzo 06-05-2011 02:35 PM

Congrats! Very nice! Trancemission has one and I love getting to ride in it.

Sarlacc 06-05-2011 03:11 PM

Congrats!

Hope it's worth sleeping on the couch for the next year :rofl:

MR1 06-05-2011 03:34 PM

Congratulations! Looks Great

AZuser 06-05-2011 03:47 PM

:cool:

mrmako 06-05-2011 04:04 PM

Excellent. So clients get rides?

madcaps 06-05-2011 04:36 PM

:thumbsup:

paz840 06-05-2011 04:39 PM

Nice :cheers:

stogie1020 06-05-2011 05:40 PM

Wow, amazing ride!

Drive it in good health Eddie! :drag:

onebadna1nsx 06-05-2011 05:40 PM

:woot: AWESOME!!!! I'm still heavily debating on getting one...

tmnhs81 06-05-2011 06:09 PM

:cheers:

justnspace 06-05-2011 06:10 PM

Moar pics, please.

Shoofin 06-05-2011 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Sarlacc (Post 12996761)
Congrats!

Hope it's worth sleeping on the couch for the next year :rofl:

I come home with it and my wife double face-palmed me a few times...She took a pic of the car and sent it to my brother-in-law (we're very close and avid car guys), he sends me a text and says he couldn't believe I got it, then asked if I was still married :rofl:

Originally Posted by mrmako
Excellent. So clients get rides?

Well, the only people I gave a ride in was my grandmother (she was the first family member to), who seemed to be fascinated by it, she got in and out of it quicker than me, she thanks Yoga for that, and my sister-in-law. My wife refuses to get into the car. She only wears skirts, so when I do get her into it, she'll definitely have a fun time trying to get out..

Originally Posted by loulinjai
Congrats, glad you found a Lotus after the other one didn't work out for you. Supercharger on the way?

I'm not so upset that I didn't get the other car...The color wasn't my thing, but the features was what pushed me to keep it a consideration. As for the S/C, I think the car really needs it, but it is tolerable enough to enjoy w/o it - for now.

Originally Posted by WILLDOGS
Nice!

Are you actually going to Register it? Or drive it around with the dealer plates for a while then sell it?

Awesome color!

Thanks! I'll register it eventually. Because the car was titled in Hawaii, the seller says it's going to take him 6 weeks to get it. He says he'll see it by the end of this month. There is a payoff on it, so I'm having my bank take care of it. Once I have everything I need I'll decide what to do. Thanks on the color too, this is the color I really wanted too..

Originally Posted by 1badna1nsx
AWESOME!!!! I'm still heavily debating on getting one...

I'll tell you this....I drove it about 140 miles to get home. Sitting in the car for more than an hour isn't a pleasant experience for me. The bolsters are so tight on the thighs, my fat ass is getting pinched by it - so much that my leg fell asleep, TWICE! Fell asleep so bad that after I shifted positions to get the blood flowing I had the "needles pricking my toes" effect. I did actually have second thoughts about wanting to keep it from the ride. It was boring and uncomfortable. And then I got into my home turf, where it was slower speeds but more constant acceleration/deceleration, more people, more cars, more shifting, more excitement, and it made me enjoy it more. So I'll hold on to the car for a bit, but i'm not sure how long i'm going to hold on to it for.

....And thanks to everyone else for their warm wishes!

Shoofin 06-05-2011 06:56 PM

I drove the car home, got onto I-95, within minutes got a thumbs up from another fellow driver....Most people passing or getting passed did full 180 degree neck cranes as we passed each other. I'll say this much - if you're looking for attention, this is the car you want to be driving! Not that I need the attention, it's a little bit of a buzz kill for me, I don't really want or need people noticing me everywhere I go...

That MB in front of the Lotus in the pic above, I had to drop it off to a customer...I parked the Lotus on the street in front of my house and left it there until I cam back from the drop. Went into my house for 30 seconds to get the keys to the MB. Come down, pull out of my driveway and find this dude parked in front of my other driveway with his hazard lights on...Seconds later I see the camera sticking out of the window, he's taking pics of the car! This is gonna be one heck of an experience for me, owning this car around here... :whyme:

Shoofin 06-05-2011 07:00 PM

In the drive home, noticed the alignment was off a pinch, but wasn't sure if it was the grooves of the road pulling me left (in the left lane), so I took it to my friend's shop to check the alignment...It was off a drop, so he adjusted it for me.

Some pics:

https://farm6.static.flickr.com/5024...4301fc27_b.jpg

The Belly:

https://farm3.static.flickr.com/2205...03672874_b.jpg

I noticed that the edge of the lower bumper/clam was scraped a bit, so putting her up on the lift gave me a better idea of how bad it was. It's not great, the fiberglass did suffer a decent amound of damage underneath, but nothing major. I think I definitely need to put a splitter on there to protect the nose a little better. I'd rather replace the splitter 3x before having to replace a bumper every time I hit a driveway or speed bump..

tmnhs81 06-05-2011 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by Shoofin (Post 12997065)
I drove the car home, got onto I-95, within minutes got a thumbs up from another fellow driver....Most people passing or getting passed did full 180 degree neck cranes as we passed each other. I'll say this much - if you're looking for attention, this is the car you want to be driving! Not that I need the attention, it's a little bit of a buzz kill for me, I don't really want or need people noticing me everywhere I go...

That MB in front of the Lotus in the pic above, I had to drop it off to a customer...I parked the Lotus on the street in front of my house and left it there until I cam back from the drop. Went into my house for 30 seconds to get the keys to the MB. Come down, pull out of my driveway and find this dude parked in front of my other driveway with his hazard lights on...Seconds later I see the camera sticking out of the window, he's taking pics of the car! This is gonna be one heck of an experience for me, owning this car around here... :whyme:

:Ibsomeonepoststhosepicsinpicsfromdriversseatthrea d:

:tomato:

Scrib 06-05-2011 07:09 PM

win

dallison 06-05-2011 07:18 PM

:cheers: she'll be fun

onebadna1nsx 06-05-2011 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by Shoofin (Post 12997057)

I'll tell you this....I drove it about 140 miles to get home. Sitting in the car for more than an hour isn't a pleasant experience for me. The bolsters are so tight on the thighs, my fat ass is getting pinched by it - so much that my leg fell asleep, TWICE! Fell asleep so bad that after I shifted positions to get the blood flowing I had the "needles pricking my toes" effect. I did actually have second thoughts about wanting to keep it from the ride. It was boring and uncomfortable. And then I got into my home turf, where it was slower speeds but more constant acceleration/deceleration, more people, more cars, more shifting, more excitement, and it made me enjoy it more. So I'll hold on to the car for a bit, but i'm not sure how long i'm going to hold on to it for.

Please do keep us updated! I drove my friends Elise for a good 40 minutes back home from work and it was quite an interesting ride especially with a straight piped exhaust. I know what you mean though, the chair is a bit cramped for me too. If I do decide to get into one, i'm definitely getting a Recaro Profi XL seat :thumbsup:

Shoofin 06-05-2011 07:36 PM

I said it more than once, I'll say it again - The shifter sucks ass really bad. I have to do something about it quickly. I attempted a hard acceleration run, 1-2 upshift was no problem, getting it into 3rd as fast as I was shifting, I couldn't find the gear as easily as in any other car I've driven...I'm telling you the sloppiness of this shifter reminds me of my Scion xB I had. Just "OK" at best.

neuronbob 06-05-2011 09:09 PM

:drool: and you'll probably get used to the shifter. Congrats!

madcaps 06-05-2011 09:19 PM

I'm reading a few negative comments, are you not 100% happy with your purchase?

v6cord2k5 06-05-2011 11:36 PM

Sorry if I missed it, what happened to the MINI?

Your comments remind me of the video another Lotus owner made with the "surveillance camera" he had inside his car at a parking lot. :toocool:

pttl 06-05-2011 11:40 PM

Nice. :cheers:

Steven Bell 06-05-2011 11:43 PM

Shoof-you animal!!!!

merlinsbeard101 06-05-2011 11:59 PM

sexy car :thumbsup:

srika 06-06-2011 12:36 AM

great! congrats

Rick_TL-S 06-06-2011 01:16 AM

Congrats.

And welcome to LotusZine.

gatrhumpy 06-06-2011 05:15 AM

Giggity. Nice ride Shoofin! Either you'll get used to the shifter, or you'll start looking at ways to modify it! :D

Shoofin 06-06-2011 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by madcaps (Post 12997341)
I'm reading a few negative comments, are you not 100% happy with your purchase?

Well, no car is perfect. Any car I've ever bought or leased, I didn't exactly have the chance to drive them for more than a few minutes to find something wrong with it until after being in it for an extended period of time. When I had my S2000, I had a similar problem with the seats, but other than replacing the seats, there really wasn't much I could do about it. I'll deal with it, no worries, just make sure to keep extended drives to a minumum :) . That, or just lose 50lbs so I can fit better in the seat :tomato: . As for the shifter, I have driven a few Lotii (<--Yea, I made that up) and said the same thing after each drive. It's just a little disappointing that one would get such a great (driver's car), yet the shifter is so lousy out of the factory. So it's not that i'm not 100% happy with the purchase, it's disappointing that the MFR would choose to put mediocre parts in such a fantastic little car.

Just realize, with that said about no car being perfect, that's what the aftermarket is for...To improve on what is already there...There is a company that makes a shifter cable that is said to improve on the complaints i'm having about the shifter, and make it a stronger, more positive shift, especially for the track, where one would be driving with more aggression. In my complaint, when casually driving, the problem isn't noticed as much. It's when you start to push the car and speed up the shifts that you realize how sloppy the actuation is.

Lotus SSC Gearshift Cable
http://www.blackwatchracing.com/v/vs...tos/1096-2.jpg
http://www.blackwatchracing.com/v/vs...tos/1096-2.jpg
http://www.blackwatchracing.com/v/vs...tos/1096-4.jpg
http://www.blackwatchracing.com/v/vs...tos/1096-5.jpg

Simply Sports Cars of Australia has developed a new shift cable as a direct replacement for the factory cable. We needed a stronger cable that could cope with race conditions while having a more positive engagement feel. The result is a cable that is stronger, has less lost motion, and is smoother in operation.

Main features:
At the gear shift end �
Brass nickel plated guide sleeves with dust seals, instead of plastic guides with no seals � provides better guidance of side loads.
Terminates with low friction Teflon lined Spherical Rod ends � and eliminates ball linkage shear at the gearstick.

At the gearbox end -
Larger operating rod with brass nickel plated guide sleeve instead of plastic �
providing smoother operation with a higher load capacity.
Increased longevity with double protection neoprene boots providing a dust- proof seal, instead of a single gaiter.

The Cable -
Low friction inner cable provides higher efficiency, reduced force, and minimised backlash, for a smoother operation.
The cable design incorporates a splined core allowing a close low-friction fit with the inner cable liner to reduce play.
This single cable is to be used in conjunction with the other factory Crossgate cable.