I just traded in my TSX for a BMW and it broke my heart. How do I move on?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2014, 04:06 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I just traded in my TSX for a BMW and it broke my heart. How do I move on?

Hi all,

Well, it's been awhile since I was actively part of this forum. However, when I got my 2006 TSX, I was very much involved. I attended meets in Chicago. I hosted meets in Milwaukee. I was a self proclaimed "Honda Girl." I've loved my TSX since the day I laid eyes on the brochure at the 2003 Auto Show. And I just traded her in for a stunning BMW 335xi M sport. I haven't stopped crying since. This makes no sense to me.

So in both an attempt to understand why I feel this way and to give up the ghost of Acura past, I'm writing to you guys. So here's the situation and why I made the decision to trade.

Yes, I could have kept the car. However, I had almost 101K on it. It was going to start needing work. I don't know how to do repairs on my own. I love cars but I've never done the wrench work myself. I just decided to go back to college in August so I'm only working part time and money is tight. I can afford payments no problem but coming up with several hundred/thousand dollars right now would be impossible. If we trade both cars, we can actually reduce our payments and that's the plan. Not to mention that the Acura was black with black interior and I moved to Arizona 5 months ago. It hasn't been a great color combo to leave sitting in the parking lot at work in 110 degrees. So that's the story. Now here's the BMW thing.

I drive stick. That's who I am. I love driving. I fancy myself a race car driver most days. lol The TSX always made me feel like I'm on the track. So I set out looking for a car they still make in stick. Sadly, there are few luxury cars with stick and Navigation and a light interior. I'm too old for a Civic and I've worked too hard. The ILX doesn't have Nav and only comes in black interior. Plus it's out of my budget to finance straight up. What does that leave? I've always dreamed of owning a BMW and they offer some creative financing so here I am. My 335 is beautiful. The ultimate driving machine. So why am I not smiling? It's not the same. My husband reminded me "it will never be the same." Nothing will ever be able to replace the TSX for me. The BMW is almost "too" luxury. Too smooth. I wanted a race car. I want to feel the road. But I know I'm asking for too much and there's just not one vehicle with everything I want. That's life, right? Is it time to grow up and accept the lux life or did I make a huge mistake and should have gone the route of Civic Si or something like that. (I did consider s2000 but wanted a certified used.) I'm hoping you guys will tell me I'm being ridiculous and that I'll somehow bond with this new car and get over it.

I also have to find a replacement for our other car. Maybe a fun, cheaper stick car like a Mazda 3 or a VW Jetta would be a good balance and something I can take out and drive like crazy when I get the itch to race??

Thoughts? Suggestions? Tissue??

(I also want to thank everyone who's responded over the years. I've felt like family and some of the people here have gotten me through some rough times so I appreciate you all and the level of intelligence and thoughtfulness I've experienced here along with a dose of much needed humor. )
The following users liked this post:
rockstar143 (06-20-2014)
Old 06-19-2014, 04:09 PM

Received 5,884 Likes on 2,899 Posts
Take your 335xi on one of the Roadrunner Chapter's drives (the Arizona chapter of the BMWCCA) and you'll forget all about your TSX. A FWD tarted up Honda can't hold a candle to what your 335 can do when given a chance.

Here's a link to the calendar: http://www.roadrunnerbmw.org/events.aspx
SaraWI (06-19-2014)
Old 06-19-2014, 04:10 PM
In the Mid-South meow

Received 2,090 Likes on 1,084 Posts
So the TSX felt like a race car but the 335 less so? I don't get it. It's faster, has better steering feedback and is RWD. Did I miss something? Is it an automatic? Is that why it's not making you smile as much?
Old 06-19-2014, 04:12 PM
The Third Ball

Received 4,824 Likes on 2,571 Posts
I've often felt the same thing about the current BMWs...they do not have the connection and feel of bmws from the 70s, 80s, 90s and even some early 2000s.

But you also just have to get used to it. When I first got my challenger, my friend had just got a new S4 and we switched cars...best way to describe is that his car is a scalpel, surgical and precise...and my car is a chainsaw...much more raw feeling (but now much more dialed in with a suspension)....two great cars, two different feelings.

And on that note...the new Audi A3 starts shipping this month I think...That might a good little sedan to check out. Its getting great reviews.
Old 06-19-2014, 04:14 PM
The Third Ball

Originally Posted by ttribe
Take your 335xi on one of the Roadrunner Chapter's drives (the Arizona chapter of the BMWCCA) and you'll forget all about your TSX. A FWD tarted up Honda can't hold a candle to what your 335 can do when given a chance.

Originally Posted by SuperTrooper169
So the TSX felt like a race car but the 335 less so? I don't get it. It's faster, has better steering feedback and is RWD. Did I miss something? Is it an automatic? Is that why it's not making you smile as much?
I certainly wont disagree with you guys...but I think I get what she is saying...and newer bimmers just feel more numb to me...there is a disconnect between driver and road...but this is just me. I'm obviously in the minority on this one.
Old 06-19-2014, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Sarlacc
I certainly wont disagree with you guys...but I think I get what she is saying...and newer bimmers just feel more numb to me...there is a disconnect between driver and road...but this is just me. I'm obviously in the minority on this one.
Could be. My suggestion is to get it off the freeway, where it does (and should) isolate the driver from the daily drive grind, and get it out where it can shine.
Old 06-19-2014, 04:28 PM
The Third Ball

Could be. My suggestion is to get it off the freeway, where it does (and should) isolate the driver from the daily drive grind, and get it out where it can shine.
I just didn't feel as engaged behind the wheel...even going 100mph down a curvy mountain freeway. I know everyone says the M's are WAY different, so I can't speak to that.

It was fun, but it wasn't "it"...I still to this day haven't felt something that drives like my 85 528...there was just something magical about it, and I felt it in the e39 chassis as well. But haven't since then.

But I every time I drive my wife's new cherokee...that thing is a hoot. Really fun to drive, doesn't even feel like an SUV. Total connection with the road an corners real nice.

There is just something that blue and white roundel doesn't do for me anymore in their regular line of cars. And believe me...I think I'd take 6-series gran sport in a heart beat. And if it was in our price range I would have seriously considered the 3GT to replace the highlander (mainly cause the wife has always wanted a bimmer...her persian-ness showing through.)

But thats the beauty of choice.
Old 06-19-2014, 04:28 PM
Team Owner

Received 4,273 Likes on 3,050 Posts
i think i can related to you the most.. probably.

coming from 2 S2000 to 335i now just feels like you lost something along the way.
So i think what you are feeling is more sentimental than anything else. You'll forget about TSX in a few months.

Regardless how much 335 has changed, it is still better than TSX in every way. just make sure you keep your car in Sport+.

Last edited by oonowindoo; 06-19-2014 at 04:34 PM.
D's Up (06-20-2014)
Old 06-19-2014, 04:30 PM
Burning Brakes

Yeah, I agree with the numb thing. My car is stick but it's so smooth it almost feels like "automatic stick." lol I think I definitely need to take it out on the streets today and try to bond a bit.

As for Audi, maybe I should look into a used Audi for my 2nd replacement. Didn't think of that...
Old 06-19-2014, 04:32 PM
Burning Brakes

Sweet. Thank you--exactly the kind of thing I need to get back into the mind meld I like to have with my cars. ;-)
Old 06-19-2014, 04:34 PM
Team Owner

I just didn't feel as engaged behind the wheel...even going 100mph down a curvy mountain freeway. I know everyone says the M's are WAY different, so I can't speak to that.

It was fun, but it wasn't "it"...I still to this day haven't felt something that drives like my 85 528...there was just something magical about it, and I felt it in the e39 chassis as well. But haven't since then.

But I every time I drive my wife's new cherokee...that thing is a hoot. Really fun to drive, doesn't even feel like an SUV. Total connection with the road an corners real nice.

There is just something that blue and white roundel doesn't do for me anymore in their regular line of cars. And believe me...I think I'd take 6-series gran sport in a heart beat. And if it was in our price range I would have seriously considered the 3GT to replace the highlander (mainly cause the wife has always wanted a bimmer...her persian-ness showing through.)

That is not only exclusive to BMW. That is pretty much the whole market.
Pure mechanical light weight cars just don't exist anymore thanks to new safety regulations and computerized technology.

We just have to take whatever that is available now. Actually, other than s2000, the closest thing i have driven in the past 5 years to the Old school feel is BRZ/FRS.

But i got turn off when i noticed you can open the door without using the remote.
Old 06-19-2014, 04:35 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by oonowindoo
i think i can related to you the most.. probably.

coming from 2 S2000 to 335i now just feels like you lost something along the way.
So i think what you are feeling is more sentimental than anything else. You forget about TSX in a few months.

Regardless how much 335 has changed, it is still better than TSX in every way. just make sure you keep your car in Sport+.
Totally. I had a very sentimental thing with the TSX. We went through a lot together. I had an identity in it for so long, it will be hard and will take some time to form that kind of relationship again. Kinda like when you lose a pet and get a new one. You love it, but it's never the same bond you had with Fluffy. :-P
Old 06-19-2014, 04:36 PM
The Third Ball

That is not only exclusive to BMW. That is pretty much the whole market.
Pure mechanical light weight cars just don't exist anymore thanks to new safety regulations and computerized technology.

We just have to take whatever that is available now. Actually, other than s2000, the closest thing i have driven in the past 5 years to the Old school feel is BRZ/FRS.

But i got turn off when i noticed you can open the door without using the remote.
Cant say thats not true either...but I feel many have been more successful at creating an engaging driving experience.

Again, this is just me. And I use to be all about the bimmer kool aid.
Old 06-19-2014, 04:39 PM

I hear you. There's no question that the newer BMWs don't have the same connection to the road that they once had. It's an ongoing criticism and it's only gotten worse with the newest chassis models (the Fxx).

Oh, and it's true, M cars are a completely different breed.

Originally Posted by SaraWI
Sweet. Thank you--exactly the kind of thing I need to get back into the mind meld I like to have with my cars. ;-)
You bet. I'm going on the Devil's Highway run at the end of the month and it'll be my third time on this run. Nothing else like it.
Old 06-19-2014, 04:44 PM
Team Owner

Cant say thats not true either...but I feel many have been more successful at creating an engaging driving experience.

Again, this is just me. And I use to be all about the bimmer kool aid.
I agree with you on the new F30 has became softer. I think i was the first one who brought that up after i got the F30.

But you have to remember F30 is the first gen that BMW has tried to change the way 3 series drives.

2012 and 2013 models were not bad but change was too dramatic and too fast from E9X.
Since then they have updated the software to 2014, which made it better but still not the same.

From what i heard and read M3/M4/M235i all feel like a proper BMW, so i can see the progress.
Old 06-19-2014, 04:48 PM
The Third Ball

I agree with you on the new F30 has became softer. I think i was the first one who brought that up after i got the F30.

But you have to remember F30 is the first gen that BMW has tried to change the way 3 series drives.

2012 and 2013 models were not bad but change was too dramatic and too fast from E9X.
Since then they have updated the software to 2014, which made it better but still not the same.

From what i heard and read M3/M4/M235i all feel like a proper BMW, so i can see the progress.
I havent driven the F30...I was talking about an E90 that someone let me abuse the shit out of for an hour driving home from Palmdale to LA.
Old 06-19-2014, 04:50 PM
Registered but harmless

Received 1,102 Likes on 763 Posts
Originally Posted by SuperTrooper169
So the TSX felt like a race car but the 335 less so? I don't get it. It's faster, has better steering feedback and is RWD.
The 1G TSX with 6M was very responsive, with an incredibly smooth shifter/clutch, compared to the slightly rubbery shifter and high clutch release on the 335. That makes a huge difference in feel, even though one is faster than the other-- like a Miata v. a 350Z.

My 335 is beautiful.
Thoughts?
Hey, at least you didn't trade the TSX for a minivan!

Conrats!
Old 06-19-2014, 04:51 PM
Team Owner

I havent driven the F30...I was talking about an E90 that someone let me abuse the shit out of for an hour driving home from Palmdale to LA.
Oh if you were talking about E90, then you probably didn't have the M sport.

Cuz the E92 M sport i drove for 2 weeks almost broke my tail bone and i feel like my biceps got bigger after that.

I loved it. More so than the Non M tech E46.
D's Up (06-20-2014)
Old 06-19-2014, 05:13 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Will Y.

Hey, at least you didn't trade the TSX for a minivan!

Conrats!
Aw helllllllll no!!! Again, I have to remember to be grateful that I don't have a gaggle of kids that would require a grocery getter. There will be no soggy crackers crushed into the fine leather of my BMW's back seat. LOL
Old 06-19-2014, 05:14 PM
Burning Brakes

Cuz the E92 M sport i drove for 2 weeks almost broke my tail bone and i feel like my biceps got bigger after that.

I loved it. More so than the Non M tech E46.
I have no idea what you guys are talking about.
Old 06-19-2014, 05:16 PM

I have no idea what you guys are talking about.
What year is your car?

ETA: Here's a guide - http://www.turnermotorsport.com/t-BM...sis-Codes.aspx
The following 2 users liked this post by ttribe:
parasitius (06-24-2014), SaraWI (06-19-2014)
Old 06-19-2014, 05:30 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 638 Likes on 276 Posts
Is the 335xi manual as well?
Old 06-19-2014, 05:37 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Crazy Bimmer
Is the 335xi manual as well?
It is manual. It's a 335xi M sport/Premium pkg. LeMans Blue with saddle interior. I need to post pics!
Old 06-19-2014, 05:38 PM
Ex-OEM King

Received 5,829 Likes on 3,850 Posts
Yes, I could have kept the car. However, I had almost 101K on it. It was going to start needing work. I don't know how to do repairs on my own. I love cars but I've never done the wrench work myself. I just decided to go back to college in August so I'm only working part time and money is tight. I can afford payments no problem but coming up with several hundred/thousand dollars right now would be impossible. If we trade both cars, we can actually reduce our payments and that's the plan.
So I haven't been around for all that long but I came from the BMW world and this is the part of your post that kinda makes me scratch my head...

You don't want to spend money fixing your car and can't come up with hundreds or thousands to fix your car but you bought a luxury german sport sedan with a turbo I6 and more computer systems designated by three or four letter acronyms than is humanly possible to keep straight? This car is the definition of a money pit as soon as you hit ~70-80k miles. It will need suspension bushings, water pump, tstat, expansion tank, radiator hoses, ball joints, struts, shocks, springs, diff fluid, transfer case fluid (if AWD), any electronic gremlins, etc all around that time. And this is just maintenance items, god forbid something actually break and damage something. Everything is designed to the max and as such it all wears out to the max. I know, I went through it and ended up selling my BMW because I spent more time underneath it than driving it.

The TSX is a 4 cylinder Honda and as such 101k miles is just getting broken in. There's no timing belt and the transmission is solid. Curious to understand what work it needed other than spark plugs and a tranny fluid change? I get the black interior but there are far cheaper ways to solve that than buying a BMW. Sun shade, window tint, etc all come to mind.

The BMW is a fantastic car though, my E46 is hands down my favorite car I've ever owned. The driving experience is second to none and the TLS doesn't even play in the same league. The E90 is a lot more toned down but the 335 is very fast and very capable if you engage it. If you don't engage it, it'll be as docile as a 7 series but give it hell and it'll ask for more. Don't be afraid to wring it out from time to time. Try and take that off ramp a bit faster, feel the balance of the car as it basically rotates around the driver seat. Get a good feel for being able to rapidly switch directions without the car wobbling around. The M3 is raw all the time but far more capable. A BMW is about as close of a bond to the road you're going to get in something that has 4 doors. It's far better and far more capable than your TSX every was.

That said, my E46 had a maintenance history that was 2 1" binders full and the worst thing my TLS has had happen is a loose piece of trim.

If I were you, I would have given a serious look at the Fiesta ST or Focus ST instead of the car you bought. Both are about as much fun as you'll have with your clothes on.

Where in MKE did you live? I went to MSOE and lived there for 5 years.

Last edited by SamDoe1; 06-19-2014 at 05:41 PM.
CoquiTSX (07-07-2014)
Old 06-19-2014, 05:40 PM
Team Owner

LeMans blue? so it is not a brand new car?

Yes you need to post picture of you with your car together.

Last edited by oonowindoo; 06-19-2014 at 05:44 PM.
Old 06-19-2014, 06:18 PM
n00b

Received 45 Likes on 30 Posts
It is manual. It's a 335xi M sport/Premium pkg. LeMans Blue with saddle interior. I need to post pics!
I think I found your problem. You went with the xi (AWD) instead of the RWD. My understanding is that you can't get the sport suspension in the xi. Your M Sport package is basically all cosmetic. Therefore, the car will feel different (floaty) compared to one with the sport suspension. Maybe upgrading the suspension could improve your feeling toward the car.
Old 06-19-2014, 08:37 PM
In the Mid-South meow

Received 2,090 Likes on 1,084 Posts
Originally Posted by Will Y.
The 1G TSX with 6M was very responsive, with an incredibly smooth shifter/clutch, compared to the slightly rubbery shifter and high clutch release on the 335. That makes a huge difference in feel, even though one is faster than the other-- like a Miata v. a 350Z.
I gotcha. That makes sense. I had a 7th gen Accord 6mt so I know how amazing the Honda 6 speeds are to drive.
Old 06-19-2014, 09:04 PM
Burning Brakes

Old 06-19-2014, 09:12 PM
Burning Brakes

I hope those pics work.

Sorry for the confusion, yes, the car is a certified used--2011.

As for what I'm thinking as far as repairs go, the Acura needed tires. It was going to need the the spark plugs and fluids that were mentioned, plus brakes again very soon. That's at least $1500-2K right there. The BMW still has factory warranty/maint. and then it has additional CPO warranty. I went with the BMW Select financing which is similar to a lease but I own it the whole time. The thought is that I'd end up trading it back in/up in 4 years so I doubt I'd get to that 70-80k that was mentioned.

Since it was used, I had little to say on if it was AWD or RWD. Basically, it was the only MT in Arizona for that price range. Happened to be AWD. I figured since cars like the WRX Sti have AWD, it would be a plus. Am I wrong on that??
Old 06-19-2014, 09:47 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by SamDoe1
So I haven't been around for all that long but I came from the BMW world and this is the part of your post that kinda makes me scratch my head...

You don't want to spend money fixing your car and can't come up with hundreds or thousands to fix your car but you bought a luxury german sport sedan with a turbo I6 and more computer systems designated by three or four letter acronyms than is humanly possible to keep straight? This car is the definition of a money pit as soon as you hit ~70-80k miles. It will need suspension bushings, water pump, tstat, expansion tank, radiator hoses, ball joints, struts, shocks, springs, diff fluid, transfer case fluid (if AWD), any electronic gremlins, etc all around that time. And this is just maintenance items, god forbid something actually break and damage something. Everything is designed to the max and as such it all wears out to the max. I know, I went through it and ended up selling my BMW because I spent more time underneath it than driving it.

The TSX is a 4 cylinder Honda and as such 101k miles is just getting broken in. There's no timing belt and the transmission is solid. Curious to understand what work it needed other than spark plugs and a tranny fluid change? I get the black interior but there are far cheaper ways to solve that than buying a BMW. Sun shade, window tint, etc all come to mind.

The BMW is a fantastic car though, my E46 is hands down my favorite car I've ever owned. The driving experience is second to none and the TLS doesn't even play in the same league. The E90 is a lot more toned down but the 335 is very fast and very capable if you engage it. If you don't engage it, it'll be as docile as a 7 series but give it hell and it'll ask for more. Don't be afraid to wring it out from time to time. Try and take that off ramp a bit faster, feel the balance of the car as it basically rotates around the driver seat. Get a good feel for being able to rapidly switch directions without the car wobbling around. The M3 is raw all the time but far more capable. A BMW is about as close of a bond to the road you're going to get in something that has 4 doors. It's far better and far more capable than your TSX every was.

That said, my E46 had a maintenance history that was 2 1" binders full and the worst thing my TLS has had happen is a loose piece of trim.

If I were you, I would have given a serious look at the Fiesta ST or Focus ST instead of the car you bought. Both are about as much fun as you'll have with your clothes on.

Where in MKE did you live? I went to MSOE and lived there for 5 years.
I couldn't own a domestic and look myself in the mirror. I'm sure they're fun but that's why I'm asking if you guys have some suggestions for the 2nd car. (Japanese or German)

As for Milwaukee, I'm originally from the south side. Grew up in the 'burbs but went to UW-Milwaukee for a time. MSOE is a sausage fest. lol
Old 06-19-2014, 10:12 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,612 Likes on 2,193 Posts
I think some of you guys are missing the point.

The TSX was a part of the OP's identity for eight years and she loved that car. She then let it go for good, practical reasons. (I do agree that at 101k miles, a 1G TSX is merely being broken in, and frankly, the 1G TSX was VERY well done for a FWD car.)

She misses her TSX. Nothing wrong with missing a car you loved. I still miss my 2G RL and it's been gone for over five years now.

However, in my case, time and massive torque throughout the entire power band have softened the blow somewhat. And BMW's handling dynamics, even in an AWD BMW, will eventually win you over. Hopefully, you will come to love this car, too.

Good luck! And welcome to Bimmerzine.
The following 3 users liked this post by neuronbob:
EvilVirus (06-20-2014), rockstar143 (06-20-2014), SaraWI (06-20-2014)
Old 06-19-2014, 10:28 PM
The Third Ball

That is very possible. Dude didn't know anything about his car...
Old 06-19-2014, 10:32 PM
The Third Ball

I couldn't own a domestic and look myself in the mirror. I'm sure they're fun but that's why I'm asking if you guys have some suggestions for the 2nd car. (Japanese or German)
I think that is the completely wrong way to look at it these as domestics have become as good or better than their Japanese counterparts. You also have to throw the Koreans in there, too.

And most Domestics at this point as derived from their european counterparts.

The playing field is MUCH changed. If you told me 5 years ago I was going to own 3 domestic cars at once...I would have laughed my ass off...yet, I do.
Old 06-20-2014, 12:39 AM
Burning Brakes

I think that is the completely wrong way to look at it these as domestics have become as good or better than their Japanese counterparts. You also have to throw the Koreans in there, too.

And most Domestics at this point as derived from their european counterparts.

The playing field is MUCH changed. If you told me 5 years ago I was going to own 3 domestic cars at once...I would have laughed my ass off...yet, I do.
That might be true and I respect your decision to own several but there's no way I could do it. I have my mind set on the brands I like...
Old 06-20-2014, 05:23 AM
Fawkatitle.com

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
I see some ppl here are saying she has a RWD, but since her 335 is an xi its actually an AWD.... FYI peeps.
Old 06-20-2014, 08:34 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 125 Likes on 114 Posts
OP, make sure you make an account an e90post.com but keep us in the loop of things!

I went from a 3G TL to an 07 E90 335i w/ 6MT.. but the transition was easy for me. The first reason was that it was a 6MT.. which was much more fun to drive but researching the countless mods for the car kept me busy. Sadly I never had the chance to really mod the car other than tints, M3 Style 219M wheels, and blacked out grilles.

The first mod I would do would be the JB4... it turns the 335 into a different animal! You should probably get the DCI (dual cone intakes) installed while you're at it as well. These two mods are worth it!
Old 06-20-2014, 09:09 AM
Some dude

Received 347 Likes on 203 Posts
No offense but you seriously lost me at the "money is tight, I'm only working part time... so I bought a BMW 335 M sport" part.
The following 4 users liked this post by MeehowsBRZ:
Aman (06-20-2014), CoquiTSX (07-07-2014), D's Up (06-20-2014), EzeE1o (06-21-2014)
Old 06-20-2014, 09:12 AM
The Third Ball

Originally Posted by ArthurL
Sadly I never had the chance to really mod the car other than tints, M3 Style 219M wheels, and blacked out grilles.
TINTyou putz!
The following 8 users liked this post by Sarlacc:
Aman (06-20-2014), crazyasiantl (06-21-2014), JS + XES (06-20-2014), justnspace (07-08-2014), litesout (07-08-2014), princelybug (06-20-2014), rockstar143 (06-20-2014), RPhilMan1 (06-20-2014) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 06-20-2014, 11:02 AM
Ex-OEM King

Received 5,829 Likes on 3,850 Posts
I hope those pics work.

Sorry for the confusion, yes, the car is a certified used--2011.

As for what I'm thinking as far as repairs go, the Acura needed tires. It was going to need the the spark plugs and fluids that were mentioned, plus brakes again very soon. That's at least $1500-2K right there. The BMW still has factory warranty/maint. and then it has additional CPO warranty. I went with the BMW Select financing which is similar to a lease but I own it the whole time. The thought is that I'd end up trading it back in/up in 4 years so I doubt I'd get to that 70-80k that was mentioned.
...so instead of spending $2k to fix your car you spent $35k to buy a new one?

Sounds legit.

If you bought the AWD one then you are even more screwed as it needs even more maintenance and parts are more expensive. Hope you can buy front axles in bulk from Sam's Club.

As for Milwaukee, I'm originally from the south side. Grew up in the 'burbs but went to UW-Milwaukee for a time. MSOE is a sausage fest. lol
Focus/Fiesta ST are from Ford Europe and as such were not originally designed for the US market. They are far better than the conventional cars they are based on.

MSOE is a total sausage fest which is why I always dated girls from Marquette, UWM, and UWW. There are plenty of shallow ones there that hear engineer and think $$$$. Pretty easy to exploit.

Originally Posted by esco115
I see some ppl here are saying she has a RWD, but since her 335 is an xi its actually an AWD.... FYI peeps.
lol, that makes it worse in a lot of ways. Works awesome for snow...which there isn't any in AZ.
Old 06-20-2014, 11:06 AM
The Third Ball

Originally Posted by SamDoe1
Focus/Fiesta ST are from Ford Europe and as such were not originally designed for the US market. They are far better than the conventional cars they are based on.
My car is made up of merc S and E class DNA. Most domestics now are designed, derived, or based off their euro counterparts. And they have all upped their game in the build dept...and since Japan has rested on its laurels and even dropped...I think the playing field is fairly even these days.

Works awesome for snow...which there isn't any in AZ.
Not entirely true. Depends on where you are in the state.

Quick Reply: I just traded in my TSX for a BMW and it broke my heart. How do I move on?