how do I know if my strut is busted?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2005, 01:19 AM
sup

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
how do I know if my strut is busted?

When I was driving my integra today, I noticed that when I go over bumps or made a sharp turn, I heard a quiet, muffled rattling/clanking noise on the driver side rear wheel of my car. Is it possible that my strut is busted? After I parked, I pressed down on that side of the car over the trunk, and as the car bounced udner the weight i heard a clicking noise. This didn't really happen when I did this to the other side of the car (still the rear). If it is busted, are there any consequences of me not fixing it soon? How much will it cost to fix? I literally just brought it back from the dealer for a rear brake change, so I want to limit the number of times i go back
Old 11-04-2005, 09:11 AM
ITL
I do my own work.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You should see the oil from the strut at either the top or bottom. Also, you'd notice a difference when driving it more than likely. The three other corners would be responsive, whereas the corner with a blown strut will bounce....and bounce....and bounce, like an old Cadillac. It's feels rather odd.

It could be your exhaust hitting your sway bar or something of that nature. Did you put aftermarket springs on? Could be a loose bolt or a spring that isn't seated very good.